Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2021 6:53 AM

Apr 2012
FMmatron said:
FMmatron said:
People actually believe that the final episode will be enough to fix everything?

I underestimated the possibility to make a bad situation worse.

Do you think that everything is so bad that it was not enough initially?
Jun 30, 2021 7:03 AM

Sep 2008
This felt like yet another case of the developers of an anime having a vision for it that was too grand for the time that was allotted for it, especially with the introduction of Frill and her creations within the second half of the TV anime. This TV special left more questions than answers, and not necessarily in a satisfying way with how Cloverworks had tried to hype this up. This especially isn't helped by the first half of this TV special being nothing but a recap. Definitely leaves a sour taste considering how strong an impression Wonder Egg Priority left on me with its first half before seeing things weren't as well planned out in the execution of its story as I had initially assumed.
Jun 30, 2021 7:07 AM
May 2016
deg said:
ok after watching with subs they just all jump to a parallel world or alternate timeline where their old friends that died are now alive on that new timeline but they all become strangers to each other eh

now Ai is gonna rescue Neiru (that jump on another timeline or parallel world too) that feels like an AI/robot rather than a human

is that Frill the original AI convince Neiru that she is an AI at heart too rather than a human?

are they playing with the word Ai as AI meaning robot and Ai as love in japanese translation?

Koito is a bad girl all along too lol and she accidentally killed herself too karma is bitch much?

and i guess in this new alternate timeline or parallel world the Mom of Ai and her handsome crush teacher (Mr. Sawaki) was never a romantic partner

also there is no Resurrection of the dead like promise by the Accas when they finish their mission its all about Parallel Worlds or Alternate Timeline jumping

welp an open ending and i do not mind a sequel

but ye like i previously said this is a huge anticlimactic ending too so i understand why its score is so low now

OK I rewatched it and understand it better now. I need to correct some things.

First they are still in their own world.
In the beginning we see Neiru leaving her apartment, it's not until later we find out why.
After being contacted by the secretary we learn the Neiru Ai goes to see at her business, who claims not to know her, is actually her sister Airu who has been brought back from the dead. As explained by a parallel world Kotobuki (who has come to this world since this world's Kotobuki is dead), this world's Kotobuki created an identical AI of Airu who is Neiru. Airu gets jealous/creeped out and stabs her then commits suicide. When she brings her back Airu tells Neiru there will be "no place for you", Neiru agrees and that is why we see her leave at the beginning. Rika rejects her after learning this (there never was a Neiru) and Ai rejects her when she throws her phone away when she tries to call her. So Neiru goes to the parallel world where Frill (and her "fly girls are)who had offered to be her friend since she was an AI too and offered a way to make her human.
The consequences of them bringing back their friends alters their world back to the time when the original committed suicide. They are also not the same girl but a parallel version.
Rika's friend was never a fan of hers but of a different idol, and Momoe's actually likes boys. Ai's Koito wasn't her friend and also since there was no suicide sensei never visited her house and developed a relationship with Ai's mom. It's also revealed Koito's original suicide was just an accident when she was trying to pretend as a stunt to get sensei's attention. Ai decides to transfer schools and drifts apart from Rika and Momoe after they refuse to go to the parallel world out of fear for their lives. (still traumatized by what happened to their pets) If you recall ep 12 Ai didn't sacrifice her pet, but the parallel Ai sacrificed herself to save Ai. And Ai declared she would be a "warrior of love" to fight thanatos (death) in the parallel world.
A conversation she overhears sparks her memory of Neiru and Ai runs back to the park determined to see Neiru, though the Accas welcome her back they warn her Neiru might not want to see her, and she says she doesn't care but will go as many times as it takes. Declaring she is back. (as a warrior of love in reference to ep 12 and what she promised her parallel self).
So I feel a little better about the ending after understanding it more but still feels like we need a movie or OVA to see what happens to Neiru.
Jun 30, 2021 7:11 AM
Dec 2011
Ok, so I'm with mostly everyone else on this. I didn't watch the recap as tbh it hasn't been that long since the show aired. Skipping ahead to the latter half of the episode all I got was confusion. Neiru isn't human? It's not even explained well. I have almost zero idea of what was happening. Now Neiru needs to be saved or something? So Ai decides she's gonna save her at the end of the episode? I don't like where this is going tbh. They should have ended the series with a conclusion not a continuation. It seems obvious that they will continue this show at some point. I find this really disappointing. The first 12 episodes of this show were great. I don't understand how they can end this season on this note. I haven't seen that the second season has been announced either.
Jun 30, 2021 7:12 AM
Mar 2020
84DaysWithout said:
So, you're saying they advertised a one hour special only for half of it to be recap.
And the one hour special was only 46 minutes. I feel robbed
Jun 30, 2021 7:14 AM
Dec 2011
MenchiK1 said:
deg said:
ok after watching with subs they just all jump to a parallel world or alternate timeline where their old friends that died are now alive on that new timeline but they all become strangers to each other eh

now Ai is gonna rescue Neiru (that jump on another timeline or parallel world too) that feels like an AI/robot rather than a human

is that Frill the original AI convince Neiru that she is an AI at heart too rather than a human?

are they playing with the word Ai as AI meaning robot and Ai as love in japanese translation?

Koito is a bad girl all along too lol and she accidentally killed herself too karma is bitch much?

and i guess in this new alternate timeline or parallel world the Mom of Ai and her handsome crush teacher (Mr. Sawaki) was never a romantic partner

also there is no Resurrection of the dead like promise by the Accas when they finish their mission its all about Parallel Worlds or Alternate Timeline jumping

but ye like i previously said this is a huge anticlimactic ending too so i understand why its score is so low now

In the beginning we see Neiru leaving her apartment, it's not until later we find out why.
After being contacted by the secretary we learn the Neiru Ai goes to see at her business, who claims not to know her, is actually her sister Airu who has been brought back from the dead. As explained by a parallel world Kotobuki (who has come to this world since this world's Kotobuki is dead), this world's Kotobuki created an identical AI of Airu who is Neiru. Airu gets jealous/creeped out and stabs her then commits suicide. When she brings her back Airu tells Neiru there will be "no place for you", Neiru agrees and that is why we see her leave at the beginning. Rika rejects her after learning this (there never was a Neiru) and Ai rejects her when she throws her phone away when she tries to call her. So Neiru goes to the parallel world where Frill (and her "fly girls are)who had offered to be her friend since she was an AI too and offered a way to make her human.
The consequences of them bringing back their friends alters their world back to the time when the original committed suicide. They are also not the same girl but a parallel version.
Rika's friend was never a fan of hers but of a different idol, and Momoe's actually likes boys. Ai's Koito wasn't her friend and also since there was no suicide sensei never visited her house and developed a relationship with Ai's mom. It's also revealed Koito's original suicide was just an accident when she was trying to pretend as a stunt to get sensei's attention. Ai decides to transfer schools and drifts apart from Rika and Momoe after they refuse to go to the parallel world out of fear for their lives. (still traumatized by what happened to their pets) If you recall ep 12 Ai didn't sacrifice her pet, but the parallel Ai sacrificed herself to save Ai. And Ai declared she would be a "warrior of love" to fight thanatos (death) in the parallel world.
A conversation she overhears sparks her memory of Neiru and Ai runs back to the park determined to see Neiru, though the Accas welcome her back they warn her Neiru might not want to see her, and she says she doesn't care but will go as many times as it takes. Declaring she is back. (as a warrior of love in reference to ep 12 and what she promised her parallel self).
So I feel a little better about the ending after understanding it more but still feels like we need a movie or OVA to see what happens to Neiru.

Thank you for the explanation! I was so confused with what was going on lol This clears things up for me. I still think that they could have taken the series in a different direction but this clears things up for me.
Jun 30, 2021 7:20 AM

Jan 2020
Wtf? This WILL have season 2 or end of egg right?
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Jun 30, 2021 7:44 AM

May 2020
wtf was that ending?? i just watched 46 minutes episode with half recap also the rest didnt even solve anything huh :/

Jun 30, 2021 7:54 AM
Jan 2021
does anyone know what this episode was actually telling us? also at the end I feel like that is a teaser for season 2 as they didn't clear up a lot and gave us more questions which for an original series doesn't really make much sense. hopefully we get an announcement for it soon.
Jun 30, 2021 8:01 AM

Jan 2021
This was actually pretty good if they are planning on making a season 2
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Jun 30, 2021 8:03 AM
May 2016
Tubstar said:
does anyone know what this episode was actually telling us? also at the end I feel like that is a teaser for season 2 as they didn't clear up a lot and gave us more questions which for an original series doesn't really make much sense. hopefully we get an announcement for it soon.

See my post above.
Jun 30, 2021 8:04 AM
Nov 2018
For an anime that was so good, they really dropped the ball with this conclusion. I know the studio is short staffed but I'm sorry, I can't excuse the poor writing for this. Everyone was hyped for this and hoped we'd get a 40 min episode wrapping everything up but instead we got a 45 min special where half was a recap and the other just gave us more questions. Also, the way chose to separate all the characters was dumb as hell. Ai transfers school and all of a sudden she's not friends with Rika or Momoe anymore? Also, Neiru isn't human and let with Frill? Really!? I could honestly talk more about how disappointed I was with this but I feel like others can better articulate the problems with this special. What could've been a solid 8/10 dropped to a 5/10.
Jun 30, 2021 8:25 AM

Oct 2020
I love the girls, the world, the artstyle, but this ending (?) man im disappointed
Jun 30, 2021 8:27 AM

May 2018
Conclusion? Conclusion?? I don’t think the writers know the definition of that word. Conclusions do not leave more questions than answers.

Disappointed.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jun 30, 2021 8:29 AM

Oct 2015
Half of it was a recap... I would have liked it better if that was left out and the whole 45 minutes was the conclusion but oh well.
Jun 30, 2021 8:29 AM

Dec 2012
This would be the perfect first episode for the second season. Double episode with a little recap to shake up memories then a new-ish Neiru centered storyline. Sign me up for this scenario and deliver the rest of the season starting next week.
As the conclusion of the whole series, this is an immeasurable disappointment :(
Jun 30, 2021 8:35 AM

Apr 2016
MenchiK1 said:
deg said:

If I understood your comment well, you seem to hint that Neiru leaving was partly because Rika rejected her and Ai didn't answer the phone, if I got that right, I think there's a problem regarding timeline. My issue is where the "Ai not answering the call" actually is in the timeline. At the beginning, Neiru is seen on her way to leave (at this point she made the decision to leave to another world), yet when she comes across Ai, there doesn't seem to be any awkwardness, Neiru leaves Adam to Ai and then, presumably, meets Frill and goes to a different world. Ai's phone isn't broken so we know for sure it happened before the ignored call where the phone is indeed broken. She calls Neiru later on, worried about her sudden disappearance (the phone is still in good shape), no answer, we can assume Neiru is gone already.

If I misunderstood you hinting at Neiru's motives for leaving being shunned by the group, ignore this whole message.

My question though is : who was the Neiru calling at the end? Did Neiru get replaced because she left this world and if so how does she know Ai (or care altogether)?
Jun 30, 2021 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
that's was the worst shit i ever watched. i regret wasting my time
Jun 30, 2021 9:03 AM

Aug 2015
This "ending" was very underwhelming.
It seems more like a cliffhanger to another season or something rather than an ending to the whole series.
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jun 30, 2021 9:06 AM

Feb 2014
I didn't understand nothing, but nothing nothing NOTHING.

I think this isn't the final, it will have another season and I give 9/10 because the plot is very good and I like the things that I don't understand at first.

For me it is impossible that this is the real end, impossible. Before hating and giving it a 1/10 as much hater as I am seeing, I will wait a reasonable time, because I have not seen ANYTHING at the moment that indicates that this is the end of the entire series.
Jun 30, 2021 9:15 AM
Aug 2013
davidmaqui10 said:
Before hating and giving it a 1/10 as much hater as I am seeing, I will wait a reasonable time, because I have not seen ANYTHING at the moment that indicates that this is the end of the entire series.

You can always change your score later. If you feel the show is a 1 right now, give it a 1. I gave this a 2, and went back and gave the show a 2. (At 8.09 it's horribly overrated by those who won't ever watch this episode.) If a season 2 or movie gets greenlit, I'll change my score accordingly if it fits into a bigger picture.
Jun 30, 2021 9:18 AM

Jan 2015
Not as bad as people make it out to be

Wonder Egg Priority needed 24 episodes. It stumbled on itself unfortunately
Jun 30, 2021 9:26 AM

Feb 2014
Gippy said:
davidmaqui10 said:
Before hating and giving it a 1/10 as much hater as I am seeing, I will wait a reasonable time, because I have not seen ANYTHING at the moment that indicates that this is the end of the entire series.

You can always change your score later. If you feel the show is a 1 right now, give it a 1. I gave this a 2, and went back and gave the show a 2. If a season 2 or movie gets greenlit, I'll change my score accordingly if it fits into a bigger picture.

But if you give now 1/10 the new people watching this will think "this is a garbage" and this isn't a Garbage.

You may think that now you have been fooled with this ending but if then CloverWorks says "We are very proud to announce the 2nd season of the series", would you change your score for this? You better wait before hating.

If in 2 years there is no news about a new season ok let's take the torches and burn the cities, but if we had to assess a series for leaving things unanswered (without knowing if they will be answered) One Piece for example would be buried, murdered right now without reason.
Jun 30, 2021 10:04 AM
Nov 2018
Ehhhh.

First half was just recap.

Then the meat and potatoes of the Special...

... Was honestly confusing. Maybe it could pass off as a normal episode, except it isn't a normal episode, it's supposed to be a conclusion to the first season. Which was really disappointing as it just created more questions rather than just wrapping up what it needed to.
Jun 30, 2021 10:17 AM

Aug 2019
the hell did I just watch, if this is it for this series it’s a pretty damn open ending
Jun 30, 2021 10:18 AM

Apr 2013
Well, that was certainly an event that occurred in time.
Jun 30, 2021 10:22 AM

Aug 2020
It's holly 46mins of disappointment episode...

Jun 30, 2021 10:29 AM
May 2016
LBi said:
MenchiK1 said:

If I understood your comment well, you seem to hint that Neiru leaving was partly because Rika rejected her and Ai didn't answer the phone, if I got that right, I think there's a problem regarding timeline. My issue is where the "Ai not answering the call" actually is in the timeline. At the beginning, Neiru is seen on her way to leave (at this point she made the decision to leave to another world), yet when she comes across Ai, there doesn't seem to be any awkwardness, Neiru leaves Adam to Ai and then, presumably, meets Frill and goes to a different world. Ai's phone isn't broken so we know for sure it happened before the ignored call where the phone is indeed broken. She calls Neiru later on, worried about her sudden disappearance (the phone is still in good shape), no answer, we can assume Neiru is gone already.

If I misunderstood you hinting at Neiru's motives for leaving being shunned by the group, ignore this whole message.

My question though is : who was the Neiru calling at the end? Did Neiru get replaced because she left this world and if so how does she know Ai (or care altogether)?

I think initially Neiru just went off to think what to do (notice her debating at the beginning by having her slippers talk to each other) and wait for them to learn the truth about her, when she meets Ai everything is still normal and Ai doesn't know she is going anywhere (or an AI). She only realizes this when she finds Adam with the note (which implied it would only be temporary). I'm assuming when she does call Ai she is still in this world and has decided to stay but Ai doesn't answer (did she call the other girls too?) because she has now found out she is an AI. This is when Neiru decides to leave for the parallel world, she didn't answer her phone when Ai initially called her because she was waiting for them to discover the truth (which she knew they would) and was waiting for their reaction. When Ai doesn't answer the later call (after she learns the truth) Neiru gets her answer. Like her sister said "there is no place for you in this world".
It's all VERY subtle.
Jun 30, 2021 10:34 AM
May 2016
davidmaqui10 said:
I didn't understand nothing, but nothing nothing NOTHING.

I think this isn't the final, it will have another season and I give 9/10 because the plot is very good and I like the things that I don't understand at first.

For me it is impossible that this is the real end, impossible. Before hating and giving it a 1/10 as much hater as I am seeing, I will wait a reasonable time, because I have not seen ANYTHING at the moment that indicates that this is the end of the entire series.

Read my post, the only thing unresolved is Neiru.
Jun 30, 2021 10:45 AM

May 2020
They didn't have to do us like that man. Wonder Egg Priority was a really good show, up to the point where the script writers (or whoever was in charge of the story) decided to throw in way too much additional stuff that could never have been concluded in such a short amount of time. I'd really hoped for this special to clear some of that up, but sadly I'm just disappointed:
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Jun 30, 2021 10:51 AM

Feb 2020
TheKewlPerson said:
If it's a finale I'd give it a 6/10. If there will be a season 2 I'd give it an 8/10.

lol, same, I'm praying for that "end" to be only the ending of this episode, not the entire series, even tho I think it's really unlikely.

There will be an Aniplex event really soon, and maybe, jut maybe there'll be an announcement.

Nanachi's wisdom:
"Watch the Monogatari Series following the Novel Order."
Jun 30, 2021 10:51 AM

Sep 2020
At the beginning I didn't understood what was going on, and in the end, it seemed like it was the beginning.

Wtf.
Is it a japanese version of Donnie Darko?
I hate having a negative IQ
niko_sbJun 30, 2021 10:59 AM
Jun 30, 2021 10:55 AM

Jan 2009
MenchiK1 said:
deg said:

alternate timelines or parallel worlds does not mean the environment will drastically change though

sure you can interpret it that way that the alternate timeline versions of their dead love ones just came to their original timeline or world but to me that is still alternate timeline or parallel world stuff
Jun 30, 2021 10:57 AM
May 2016
tl_dr said:
They didn't have to do us like that man. Wonder Egg Priority was a really good show, up to the point where the script writers (or whoever was in charge of the story) decided to throw in way too much additional stuff that could never have been concluded in such a short amount of time. I'd really hoped for this special to clear some of that up, but sadly I'm just disappointed:

I think everything was concluded, except Neiru, but we know Ai goes to get her, so unless you think she fails even that is concluded.
Jun 30, 2021 11:06 AM
Mar 2018
davidmaqui10 said:
Gippy said:

You can always change your score later. If you feel the show is a 1 right now, give it a 1. I gave this a 2, and went back and gave the show a 2. If a season 2 or movie gets greenlit, I'll change my score accordingly if it fits into a bigger picture.

But if you give now 1/10 the new people watching this will think "this is a garbage" and this isn't a Garbage.

You may think that now you have been fooled with this ending but if then CloverWorks says "We are very proud to announce the 2nd season of the series", would you change your score for this? You better wait before hating.

If in 2 years there is no news about a new season ok let's take the torches and burn the cities, but if we had to assess a series for leaving things unanswered (without knowing if they will be answered) One Piece for example would be buried, murdered right now without reason.

Not quite sure if you are trolling, but just in case.
I'd rather rate based on my feelings at the moment i watched it, and leave it at that - if there will be second season then you can rewatch and get a new opinion. IMO it is highly unlikely, like they barely got to make this episode in 3 months, and it's not really popular for good things (i remember news about WEP producer hospitalized because of overwork). Also as you can see in other thread - "Owari" and art ending this special. Also i doubt there would be enough material for second season as its pretty tangled up by now (many restrictions for new plot imo)
Jun 30, 2021 11:08 AM

Dec 2015
Now that I actually watch the episode, I think this does makes more sense than EoE although it suffers from the same issue: "throwing away too much new elements that wouldn't conclude in a satisfactory way". But what really made me angry was that the episode itself was just boring. Even when they had info dump episodes, they were still extremely impactful (I still defend Frill's episode as one of the best of the series because of it). But this episode just felt without an actual goal and that made such an uninteresting experience. Had to pause 3 times and force my brain to pay attention to what was happening. 4/10
Jun 30, 2021 11:09 AM
May 2016
deg said:

alternate timelines or parallel worlds does not mean the environment will drastically change though

sure you can interpret it that way that the alternate timeline versions of their dead love ones just came to their original timeline or world but to me that is still alternate timeline or parallel world stuff

Well the second they returned they altered their world creating an alternate timeline soooo however you want to word it, but this is still their original world. I just use the shows terminology. The 4 girls they brought back and Kotobuki are all from parallel worlds, bringing them to their original world altered the timeline at the point they all met that girl. Ai never met Koito, all the pictures of her together with her disappeared from her phone, yet the picture and friendship with Rika, Neiru and Momoe was unaltered as was her memories confirming those four are still continuing in their original timeline unaffected by the changes. Everyone else WAS affected, thus sensei and the mom are now no longer a couple as they don't repeatedly meet to discuss Ai's absence from school. Interestingly the Accas are also unaffected along with Neiru/Airu's secretary, presumably because they have been to the parallel world too?
Jun 30, 2021 11:11 AM
May 2021
I did not understand a few things here. I think it wasn't a bad episode, and I hope for a second season so I can discover what the hell will occur.
Jun 30, 2021 11:13 AM

Jan 2009
MenchiK1 said:
deg said:

Well the second they returned they altered their world creating an alternate timeline soooo however you want to word it, but this is still their original world. I just use the shows terminology. The 4 girls they brought back and Kotobuki are all from parallel worlds, bring them to their original world altered the timeline at the point they all met that girl. Ai never met Koito, all the pictures of her together with her disappeared from her phone, yet the picture and friendship with Rika, Neiru and Momoe was unaltered as was her memories confirming those four are still continuing in their original timeline unaffected by the changes. Everyone else WAS affected, thus sensei and the mom are now no longer a couple as they don't repeatedly meet to discuss Ai's absence from school. Interestingly the Accas are also unaffected along with Neiru/Airu's secretary, presumably because they have been to the parallel world too?

that is the thing that made me say its a new Alternate Reality or Parallel World since in that timeline Ai never became friends with Koito and in this new timeline Ais friends are Neiru, Rika and Momo instead

you may say its the original world but to me its a different world now and the show focuses on the Parallel World or Alternate Reality/Timeline stuff like even Ai implied to Rika that Resurrection is not possible anyway its just too good to be true

but im not denying your own interpretation its good too and very possible too
Jun 30, 2021 11:14 AM

Mar 2021
Nah what the actual fuck just happened?? No way I waited so long for this disappointment😭😭
“Without love, it cannot be seen.”
Jun 30, 2021 11:14 AM
May 2016
thiago52192 said:
Now that I actually watch the episode, I think this does makes more sense than EoE although it suffers from the same issue: "throwing away too much new elements that wouldn't conclude in a satisfactory way". But what really made me angry was that the episode itself was just boring. Even when they had info dump episodes, they were still extremely impactful (I still defend Frill's episode as one of the best of the series because of it). But this episode just felt without an actual goal and that made such an uninteresting experience. Had to pause 3 times and force my brain to pay attention to what was happening. 4/10

I think in a way we were supposed to feel the way the girls did. They thought bringing back their dead friends would make everything better, it didn't. We all assumed them bringing back their friends would lead to a happy ending it didn't.
It takes Ai, and us, until the end to realize the important thing was the NEW friendships the girls made and she immediately goes to fix that and get Neiru when she realizes that.
Jun 30, 2021 11:19 AM
Oct 2016
I'll give it a 10 just because of the clusterfuck it will create in the community. Is ought to be a discussion that will remain in my memories for quite a while.
Jun 30, 2021 11:25 AM
May 2016
deg said:
MenchiK1 said:

Well the second they returned they altered their world creating an alternate timeline soooo however you want to word it, but this is still their original world. I just use the shows terminology. The 4 girls they brought back and Kotobuki are all from parallel worlds, bring them to their original world altered the timeline at the point they all met that girl. Ai never met Koito, all the pictures of her together with her disappeared from her phone, yet the picture and friendship with Rika, Neiru and Momoe was unaltered as was her memories confirming those four are still continuing in their original timeline unaffected by the changes. Everyone else WAS affected, thus sensei and the mom are now no longer a couple as they don't repeatedly meet to discuss Ai's absence from school. Interestingly the Accas are also unaffected along with Neiru/Airu's secretary, presumably because they have been to the parallel world too?

that is the thing that made me say its a new Alternate Reality or Parallel World since in that timeline Ai never became friends with Koito and in this new timeline Ais friends are Neiru, Rika and Momo instead

you may say its the original world but to me its a different world now and the show focuses on the Parallel World or Alternate Reality/Timeline stuff like even Ai implied to Rika that Resurrection is not possible anyway its just too good to be true

I'm saying it's still their original world because the 4 girls the Accas and the secretary all kept their memories and continued unaffected by the changes that happened by bringing the parallel girls into their world. I think Kotobuki is the key she is a parallel Kotobuki who came on her own (or did the secretary bring her?) after looking for a world without a Kotobuki. Notice Kotobuki coming didn't change anything, it was still the original dead Kotobuki who created Neiru.
This was all very Rick and Morty-ish. (like in ep 6 of season 1 where they accidentally Cronenburg everyone and start over in another world where they are dead but everything else is the same, which is what Kotobuki does)
Jun 30, 2021 11:29 AM

Dec 2015
MenchiK1 said:
thiago52192 said:

I think in a way we were supposed to feel the way the girls did. They thought bringing back their dead friends would make everything better, it didn't. We all assumed them bringing back their friends would lead to a happy ending it didn't.
It takes Ai, and us, until the end to realize the important thing was the NEW friendships the girls made and she immediately goes to fix that and get Neiru when she realizes that.
I actually understand that, but my problem was that the message felt it wasn't delivered as impactful as it could've been. All I wanted was they make the scenes feel more powerful.
Jun 30, 2021 11:29 AM

Mar 2008
What a turd, three months for a barely finished half episode.
Jun 30, 2021 11:30 AM
May 2016
thiago52192 said:
MenchiK1 said:

I actually understand that, but my problem was that the message felt it wasn't delivered as impactful as it could've been. All I wanted was they make the scenes feel more powerful.

I agree compared to the rest of the show it was all way too subtle.
Jun 30, 2021 11:40 AM
Dec 2018
Sondfer said:
TwiggyBraindead said:
Just…what the hell? Please someone enlighten me as to what this ending is supposed to mean. It feels like a whole lot of build up for nothing. 🤡

Ai flashes two Vs, or II, so season 2 maybe?
hmm didn't think about it but wasn't it announced that this ep would be the final one?
Jun 30, 2021 11:41 AM
May 2016
deg said:
MenchiK1 said:

I'm saying it's still their original world because the 4 girls the Accas and the secretary all kept their memories and continued unaffected by the changes that happened by bringing the parallel girls into their world. I think Kotobuki is the key she is a parallel Kotobuki who came on her own (or did the secretary bring her?) after looking for a world without a Kotobuki. Notice Kotobuki coming didn't change anything, it was still the original dead Kotobuki who created Neiru.
This was all very Rick and Morty-ish. (like in ep 6 of season 1 where they accidentally Cronenburg everyone and start over in another world where they are dead but everything else is the same, which is what Kotobuki does)

the thing is in science Alternate Timelines or Parallel Worlds does not work like you interpret it or it will have a lot of those time paradox

so for me they just jump to a world where the Accas and the Secretary of Neiru have the same memories and experiences of the previous timeline or world

That's the thing that's different about this show, it's not said explicitly but in this there is just one parallel world (which Frill created) when the girls enter it at the park the egg girls are also brought there to interact from a alternate timeline/world. When they "poof" disappear they return to their original timeline world, only the girls who are statues get removed from their world and brought to this one, basically being swapped out the difference being at the time they met the girls who save them. Remember when they meet an egg girl she is dead and knows she killed herself. Just like Ai and the rest have "parallel" bodies (which can do superhuman things) so do they. it's like they become AI inside a computer world, like the Matrix. (in fact I'm pretty sure that's what it's supposed to be, just without the brain jack)
Jun 30, 2021 11:42 AM
Feb 2021
ah man, what the fuck was that.
i adored the series, especially the main 4 (rika is one of my favourite characters). but what the actual fuck was that episode?? it wasnt a finale, it didnt solve anything, instead, it added more plot points in and there most likely wont be a season 2. i wont even get into how poorly cloverworks and aniplex treated their staff.
the only good things about this was the visuals, ost, and the great voice acting, everything else? a mess.
me, and most other people, are so fucking disappointed in this lmfao.
Jun 30, 2021 11:43 AM

Jan 2009
MenchiK1 said:
deg said:

the thing is in science Alternate Timelines or Parallel Worlds does not work like you interpret it or it will have a lot of those time paradox

so for me they just jump to a world where the Accas and the Secretary of Neiru have the same memories and experiences of the previous timeline or world so its much simple to think that way and without any other paradox that will be created

and didnt Kotobuki said the me on this timeline created Neiru? so ye you can interpret it like you did or i did but i choose the jumping on new timelines since that is consistent with science of Parallel Universes

now you may wonder what happened to the Ai, Rika, Neiru, Momo of the new timeline they maybe have merge with the original timeline versions since they exactly the same with same experiences and memories, it does not add more time paradox that way compared to if they change the whole world and humanity or the original timeline just so that the 4 girls will have their memories and experiences in place
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why is this episode considered worse than the others?

Lucifrost - Aug 20, 2023

11 by Piromysl »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:14 PM

» So what disappointed you the most? ( 1 2 )

Tweaks - Jul 1, 2021

59 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 15, 2023 2:18 PM

» Really hoping this gets a sequel at some point

APolygons2 - Oct 6, 2022

8 by daff-quess »»
Oct 8, 2022 8:18 PM

» Change the Entry Picture request

RandomGuyScott - Aug 23, 2022

17 by pri_arts_ »»
Aug 24, 2022 8:16 AM

» So is this it, is the series over?

removed-user - Jul 8, 2021

11 by aku_mado »»
May 9, 2022 3:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.