Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 16, 2017 12:00 AM

May 2008
joe_g7 said:
@-Abyss_Walker- If what you're saying is true, then that's pretty retarded as well.

@SkyFullOfStars Hmm, I thought that would be the case.

@Chiyousagi Yeah but this anime inferred almost zero things about this guy's character, that's worse than info dump. They may explain it in the following episodes, but so far for me he's an OP MC, and he IS overpowered, he soloed 3 bosses on the same night while the others were mostly watching in shock.

What Abyss_Walker said is true, but those that can solo are few just like our MC.
Apr 16, 2017 12:29 AM

Dec 2015
-Abyss_Walker- said:
joe_g7 said:
@-Abyss_Walker- If what you're saying is true, then that's pretty retarded as well.

How is it retarded?.. Many successful Asian MMO has done away completely with the whole tab targeting nonsense and instead, gives player more control, making the player skill actually matter. It sounds like an improvement to the garbage WoW system that Westerners only know of.
Well if a seasoned pro like this MC decides to make a new account on a server he can just scroll through every dungeon and boss levels and take all the credit just like that. To me that sounds quite unfair to the new players that never got their chance. Also we're talking about MMORPGs right? Not to mistaken it with something else.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 16, 2017 12:35 AM

May 2009
I knew it, they did cut some details. I just thought that there're too little details about the game for the people who haven't read the novel.
Meh, I guess I'll read it then.

Still, good episode. Just didn't manage to capture the audience into being an average player in the game so that we'll understand more how strong MC is.

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Apr 16, 2017 12:46 AM

May 2016
joe_g7 said:
-Abyss_Walker- said:

How is it retarded?.. Many successful Asian MMO has done away completely with the whole tab targeting nonsense and instead, gives player more control, making the player skill actually matter. It sounds like an improvement to the garbage WoW system that Westerners only know of.

Well if a seasoned pro like this MC decides to make a new account on a server he can just scroll through every dungeon and boss levels and take all the credit just like that. To me that sounds quite unfair to the new players that never got their chance. Also we're talking about MMORPGs right? Not to mistaken it with something else.

Yes I am talking about MMORPGs. If its open world bosses, new players are out of luck, if its dungeons there are usually separate instances for each party so it is not a problem there.

Also in this episode they are competing for first kill, it doesn't affect new players unless they want to boost their e-peen so early in the game.
-Abyss_Walker-Apr 16, 2017 1:02 AM
Apr 16, 2017 12:51 AM

Jun 2013
that was really good
Apr 16, 2017 12:57 AM
Jul 2016
im kinda hooked on this anime! awesome mc! but im confused why ye qiu left his team and retire as a pro?
Apr 16, 2017 1:27 AM

May 2009
SacredBlade said:
im kinda hooked on this anime! awesome mc! but im confused why ye qiu left his team and retire as a pro?

It's not like it's his decision. It's only because he was forced to. Haven't read any of its sources but, seems like it's either he's mature enough to accept it as it is or there's another story why he agreed.

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Apr 16, 2017 1:27 AM

Aug 2013
-Abyss_Walker- said:
joe_g7 said:

Yes I am talking about MMORPGs. If its open world bosses, new players are out of luck, if its dungeons there are usually separate instances for each party so it is not a problem there.

Also in this episode they are competing for first kill, it doesn't affect new players unless they want to boost their e-peen so early in the game.

About the bosses :
The first time it already had like 10% or less hp left, he only healed so the guy that wanna scam him only assume he was a healer and never thought he could put out fire power to end the boss. Putting aside his technique as a pro, his job is basically a cheat at early level because unlike others with little skills he has a large amount of skills in reserve. The last boss was teamwork where he time and select positions accurately, commanding them to strike with their respective skill with stunning effect to keep the boss in check. PS: It can only be accomplished by his party because he took care of those little spiders that spawned while other party's would be disrupted and result in their combo breaking. (This part wasn't stated explicitly in the anime, only novel readers would spot it)

Secondly, the pros won't participate in the normal world, they have these guilds (like the one that contacted the mc) that is affiliated with the pro team (they compete in leagues competitions) doing the recruiting of new talented players, collecting resources, weapons etc. It's a lost of face and status for the pros to compete with normal players in open servers, they'll get bashed by the normal players and get looked down upon (like what are you doing bullying casual players instead of training for the competition), but the ranking/first kill etc are still monopolized by experts in these affiliated large guilds to raise their reputation.

All this are covered in the source material later, I have no idea how much the anime adaption will go into the details but you have to wait and see. It's only 2 subbed episodes out now.
Lambdaa-Apr 16, 2017 1:31 AM
Apr 16, 2017 1:33 AM

May 2016
Lambdaa- said:
-Abyss_Walker- said:

About the bosses :
The first time it already had like 10% or less hp left, he only healed so the guy that wanna scam him only assume he was a healer and never thought he could put out fire power to end the boss. Putting aside his technique as a pro, his job is basically a cheat at early level because unlike others with little skills he has a large amount of skills in reserve. The last boss was teamwork where he time and select positions accurately, commanding them to strike with their respective skill with stunning effect to keep the boss in check. PS: It can only be accomplished by his party because he took care of those little spiders that spawned while other party's would be disrupted and result in their combo breaking. (This part wasn't stated explicitly in the anime, only novel readers would spot it)

Secondly, the pros won't participate in the normal world, they have these guilds (like the one that contacted the mc) that is affiliated with the pro team (they compete in leagues competitions) doing the recruiting of new talented players, collecting resources, weapons etc. It's a lost of face and status for the pros to compete with normal players in open servers, they'll get bashed by the normal players and get looked down upon (like what are you doing bullying casual players instead of training for the competition), but the ranking/first kill etc are still monopolized by experts in these affiliated large guilds to raise their reputation.

All this are covered in the source material later, I have no idea how much the anime adaption will go into the details but you have to wait and see. It's only 2 subbed episodes out now.

I was talking about mechanics of MMOs in general as I haven't read the novel to know how GLORY would work but it is still nice to know the details that were skipped in the adaptation.
Apr 16, 2017 2:07 AM

Aug 2013
-Abyss_Walker- said:

I was talking about mechanics of MMOs in general as I haven't read the novel to know how GLORY would work but it is still nice to know the details that were skipped in the adaptation.

Yeah, I was answering joe_g7's question about the bosses and how op the mc is.
Glory is actually a pretty detailed and solid game, but the anime obviously can't reflect it entirely.
If it follows the novel accurately you might see stuff about the pro taking down ranking/records on dungeon issue later on.
I don't know if they'll cover or skip that but give it more episodes.
Apr 16, 2017 7:27 AM

Sep 2016
We had more in-game action scenes in this ep and surprisingly I found myself actually enjoy them, said from someone who's totally not a fan of internet games.

And we're introduced of more characters with superior skills, it seemed.
The show looks promising that it will get more and more interesting with these seemingly fun characters.

9/10 for me, a better ep than the last one, not that the 1st one was bad or something.
Apr 17, 2017 8:13 AM

Feb 2011
Can someone who read the Novel tell me if we will have a satisfactory female participation in the game universe? I need to know because this way i can turn off my expectations - since it doens't seem your tipycal harem type (THANK GOD FOR THAT!!!!).

The boss from the Net Cafe doesn't look like a good player - after losing 52 times - since she has like, 5 years in the game. And Mucheng doesn't appears in the OP with an Avatar so i was wondering if we will have decent female representation in this anime.
Apr 17, 2017 10:32 AM
Apr 2017
Chibi-wolf-10 said:
Can someone who read the Novel tell me if we will have a satisfactory female participation in the game universe? I need to know because this way i can turn off my expectations - since it doens't seem your tipycal harem type (THANK GOD FOR THAT!!!!).

The boss from the Net Cafe doesn't look like a good player - after losing 52 times - since she has like, 5 years in the game. And Mucheng doesn't appears in the OP with an Avatar so i was wondering if we will have decent female representation in this anime.

Apr 17, 2017 11:58 AM
Apr 2017
pharali said:
Chibi-wolf-10 said:

Moreover, there is another club, YANYU, has a female leader for their pro team. The leader's name is Chu Yunxiu.
Apr 17, 2017 3:58 PM

Feb 2011
sanxiu said:
pharali said:

Moreover, there is another club, YANYU, has a female leader for their pro team. The leader's name is Chu Yunxiu.

YES!! Expectations ON!!
Thank you guys!!
Apr 17, 2017 9:46 PM
Apr 2017
Chibi-wolf-10 said:
sanxiu said:

YES!! Expectations ON!!
Thank you guys!!
Chibi-wolf-10 said:

Actually as the best Launcher Player, Mucheng is one of the all-star players in the Pro league.

Her Avatar named 沐雨橙风 also from a Chinese ancient poetry

“載馳載驅, 沐雨櫛風”
“Gallop swiftly horses, keep moving in spite of the wind and rain.”

沐雨橙风 = keep moving in spite of the wind and rain

Here is the AMV of Pros (Not all , just important)
You can see some female Pros in the amv : ) such as the best female player 楚云秀(Chu Yunxiu)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0f1NNu8Ab0
ycchen226Apr 17, 2017 10:03 PM
Apr 18, 2017 3:40 AM

May 2014
These visuals are amazing.
The fights look good too, they're really stepping up their game. I'm looking rather forward to the raid with that group that invited him.
Apr 18, 2017 4:38 AM

Dec 2014
That was really awesome, I'm surprised how good this Chinese anime is. Just wow.

The battle scene were great for all three boses, seriously nice. Too bad we don't get too many details on the whole mmo and mechanics but it's still really enjoyable to watch.

I also loved the part where they showed Grim's APM being over 200. xD

The retirement scene was amazing and actually quite emotional. The final scene with him sitting with his manager outside the cafe and saying "Quite cold indeed" was very poignant.

Hope this continues to be good.
Apr 18, 2017 5:05 AM

Apr 2016
This is getting better, he got 3 first kills, nais! I foresee tons of fun ahead of us! (o.o)
Apr 18, 2017 9:40 AM
Apr 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
That was really awesome, I'm surprised how good this Chinese anime is. Just wow.

The battle scene were great for all three boses, seriously nice. Too bad we don't get too many details on the whole mmo and mechanics but it's still really enjoyable to watch.

The retirement scene was amazing and actually quite emotional. The final scene with him sitting with his manager outside the cafe and saying "Quite cold indeed" was very poignant.

The anime is based on a light novel which has more than 1700 chapters _(:3 」∠)_

The first season may include about 350 chapters of the novel

so they may have less time to show the details of the game ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭

by the way you can find some info here, may be helpful

"The King's Avatar Glossary"
http://gravitytales.com/page/the-kings-avatar/glossary

"Name Origins"
http://gravitytales.com/page/the-kings-avatar/name-origins

AMV of the charactars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVY66hhmA-Q&list=PLXMjjmEVQH89oCNFw3b_K5nZjcyKCtc5x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0f1NNu8Ab0&t=49s

Apr 18, 2017 10:25 AM

Dec 2014
ycchen226 said:
Lelouch0202 said:

The anime is based on a light novel which has more than 1700 chapters _(:3 」∠)_

The first season may include about 350 chapters of the novel

so they may have less time to show the details of the game ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭

by the way you can find some info here, may be helpful

"The King's Avatar Glossary"
http://gravitytales.com/page/the-kings-avatar/glossary

"Name Origins"
http://gravitytales.com/page/the-kings-avatar/name-origins

AMV of the charactars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVY66hhmA-Q&list=PLXMjjmEVQH89oCNFw3b_K5nZjcyKCtc5x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0f1NNu8Ab0&t=49s

1700 chapters? Damn. How long has this series been running for? :o
Thanks for the links, I'll check em out.
Apr 18, 2017 4:32 PM

Apr 2013
Another great episode. I love the pacing of this episode. I got the feels as well. Just nailed it. I can't wait for more.

Apr 18, 2017 8:31 PM

Dec 2016
Great episode, with imo, the best way to separate the time spent on in game and irl
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 20, 2017 12:06 AM

Nov 2010
As someone who doesn't know the source, i'm really enjoying the show. feels very cool and fun. i hope they consider the outsiders and don't make it confusing.
Apr 20, 2017 10:15 PM

Jul 2015
Apr 22, 2017 4:13 AM

Sep 2012
Read the manga up to date and I have to say I am dissapointed. They completely changed pretty much every character's design and they skip a lot of stuff. For example when he trades with the other guild member and they have a back and forth. It wasn't instantly and it added quite a bit to the comedic effect.
I am better than you.
Apr 22, 2017 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
Malighos said:
Read the manga up to date and I have to say I am dissapointed. They completely changed pretty much every character's design and they skip a lot of stuff. For example when he trades with the other guild member and they have a back and forth. It wasn't instantly and it added quite a bit to the comedic effect.
The manga is also simplified as compared to the novel, the anime just went a step further to taking out whatever stuff they deem unnecessary because of the limit of 12 eps. Well you can see they are practically focusing on the fighting and action scenes in the game for the anime adaption.
Apr 22, 2017 9:06 PM

Apr 2012
I haven't read the novel or manga but am enjoying this so far. As a former long-time end-gamer myself, I really liked where he struggled in the newbie zone again after so long. I found it funny, touching, and relatable.

I felt badly for him during the retirement announcement. That was really well done. I can't wait to see where this goes.
A hero will sacrifice the one he loves to save the world. A villain will sacrifice the world for the one he loves. I'll take the villain.
Apr 23, 2017 5:04 AM

May 2016
MMO where skill matters ?? I don't think so ..
Apr 23, 2017 9:15 PM

Jan 2016
He's really pulling the douche card. -_- I don't understand what is spectacular about this anime.

As I admitted before, the animation is much better than average, and I am very excited to see China's increased presence in the anime community.

However, so far, it's a generic story of a "heroic alpha-male douche" who starts his gaming life anew and everyone either falls in love with him or hates him. I'd like to see more character development or plot.

I guess it's satisfying to someone who wants a constant feeling of gratification, assuming themselves in the position of the main character where they are unbeatable, mysterious and loved...but it's severely lacking in depth, and the baseless characters are hard to love. Oh well, maybe episode 3 will be the start of development.
Apr 24, 2017 3:58 AM

Mar 2017
Anybody notice that scene where they completely stole D Gray Man's soundtrack...

Apr 30, 2017 6:43 PM

Feb 2013
Solid action. Flashy moves too.
(no way a low level has unlocked the "skills" to do all that... but that assumes a "standard" point-and-click RPG)
May 2, 2017 8:35 PM

Mar 2016
Wow that was awesome!!! I know this will instantly piss people off but this anime will never be as popular as SAO even though it has the potential to be a far better anime! The action is so well animated and the reality of his world blended with the fictitious world of Glory is so well balanced. I can't believe how emotionally impacted everyone was by the announcement of his retirement and yet he is taking it all in stride trying to make his way from the bottom. I still don't like the background CGI but it was only shown like twice this episode in split second scenes so that's better I guess. I can't express how hyped I am for this anime to reach the high bar of potential that they have set in the first two episodes! I have a feeling this is an anime I will be recommending for years as one few know but everyone should watch!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 4, 2017 12:20 PM
Aug 2015
I have a question! I've watched episode 2 on a website, then I watched it on youtube. I realized that the background music during the scene when Guo wakes up (and it's like Ye Xiu is playing the piano...) is different! Can someone explain to me how is it possible?

From 3:20 to 3:40 on this video:
Quan Zhi Gao Shou Episode 2 on animebox.tv

Quan Zhi Gao Shou Episode 2 on youtube
May 4, 2017 12:47 PM
Apr 2017
Kirie-san said:
I have a question! I've watched episode 2 on a website, then I watched it on youtube. I realized that the background music during the scene when Guo wakes up (and it's like Ye Xiu is playing the piano...) is different! Can someone explain to me how is it possible?

Quan Zhi Gao Shou Episode 2 on animebox.tv

Quan Zhi Gao Shou Episode 2 on youtube

The producers might have only licensed the piano music for release in China only.
When they put it up on youtube they probably had to replace the music due to copyright issues.
May 20, 2017 5:13 PM

Feb 2010
Not sure how this anime would go after the first episode, but now im hooked!

May 26, 2017 12:34 PM

Nov 2012
Not sure if this has been asked but shouldn't the public be able to recognize who Ye Qiu is in real life? I mean, he's a ten year veteran with three years worth of championship so he must have at least exposed himself once to outside media right?
May 26, 2017 12:54 PM
Apr 2017
Shigure said:
Not sure if this has been asked but shouldn't the public be able to recognize who Ye Qiu is in real life? I mean, he's a ten year veteran with three years worth of championship so he must have at least exposed himself once to outside media right?

The problem he faces is that he hasn't been exposed to the outside media. Otherwise Excellent Era would be exploiting his image with merchandise.
May 26, 2017 6:23 PM

May 2013
Shigure said:

He was kicked out of the team because of that! That's how this story started.
Jun 14, 2017 9:54 PM

Apr 2009
The several surpised look and jaw drops on"Little Moon's" face were precious and sweet!

I'm glad the first test for a night shift supervisor in an internet cafe is just to stay awake all night till morning! LOL The owner/boss most definitely still don't know him yet as her idol, heck she didnt ask him for other proof of identications for employment requirement except the one ID card she had just seen last night though in fairness to her, the public doesnt really know the person playing behind the famous MMO character. Ah well, she's the owner or one of them at least, she probably knows what she's doing in selecting her employees.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 26, 2017 9:23 PM

Dec 2012
Handled that asshole and Shadowcat.
Dem hate messages.
Asshole still an asshole.
Lord Grim doing work.
Little Moon. lol
Dem friend requests. When life comes at you fast.
LMAO at dude spitting his drink out then putting the sweating emoji.
Violated him with the room. LMAO I'm screaming.
Dat announcement.

Another good episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 28, 2017 1:28 AM

Apr 2011
Chinese anime so far hasn't fail to impress me. The fighting scene against each boss monster was outstanding and the later part of the episode was emotional over the retirement of a pro player.

The ass kissing by his group was amusing to see. What a boss Grim is and I can't wait for him to beat his former account.
Jun 30, 2017 9:56 PM

Jun 2013
The angry nerd texts on the screen hurts my head. Honestly, I don't know much about online gaming because I've never gotten into it, perhaps I can relate more if I did. I can see how some people would get angry over a losses in an online game especially if they built their career based on it and their entire life revolved around it.

The other gamers think MC is Lord Grim. Don't know if MC is overpowered or because he's a professional. I noticed, MC has a one-look face/expression. He looks somewhat smug and indifferent at the same time, it's kind of boring.

I guess he's just really skilled he's been playing for ten years or more so he knows the ropes but he seems so OP.

He's definitely catching their attention, whoever those people are. Now everyone wanna be his BFF. He got a storage room for a bedroom, still okay though.

I still can't see why many people are crying over his retirement. Never felt that way about anyone retiring tbh.
臭い-
Jul 9, 2017 1:35 PM

May 2012
Decent progression, let's see what's next!
Aug 27, 2017 4:58 AM

Jul 2017
This is exceeding my expectations on every level.

I love the graphic stile and the CG isn't a bother at all. The history seems good and emotional on a personal level but mot of all, I am having a great deal of fun watching the game and the interactions in game v irl.
Sep 1, 2017 6:23 PM

Sep 2011
LOL hes such a badass.

Also both the OP and ED are amazing!
Oct 19, 2017 9:28 PM

Jul 2015
Not bad so far. Ngl, I was a bit iffy going into this because the original dub isn't in Japanese, but I've gotten over it pretty quickly surprisingly. This is quite interesting. I'm glad I can understand all these gaming terms like "smurf" and what not haha. Not too sure if I'll pick up the novel hmmm

caught in the wonder
Feb 17, 2018 9:10 PM

Sep 2013
Good episode, but kind of frustrating how OP the main character is. Decent MMOs hamstring players so as to prevent them from becoming too godlike.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 24, 2018 6:20 AM

Dec 2010
Ye Xiu may be too smug, but he's magnificently smug nonetheless.
Mar 9, 2018 4:55 PM

Mar 2015
This is making me itch to play an MMO again lmao
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

225 by Rineczka »»
Jan 11, 12:47 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjohn »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - Jun 15, 2017

148 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 18, 2022 7:18 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jun 8, 2017

62 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 17, 2022 8:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.