Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2015 7:28 AM

Jun 2014
jesus christ this was so good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2015 7:32 AM
May 2015
Am I the only one who found this boring? I hope it doesn't stay that way in later episodes.
Oct 3, 2015 7:33 AM

Apr 2011
8.38, are you guys fucking blind or something?
Oct 3, 2015 7:45 AM

Mar 2014
yhunata said:

Very nice indeed
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 3, 2015 8:01 AM
Aug 2011
yhunata said:

Don't act like inflated scores on a premiere is something out of the ordinary, you've been here long enough.

Or you could just shitpost like some other people by posting a small "background only characters" screencap.
Oh wait.
Oct 3, 2015 8:10 AM

Mar 2014
stand said:
yhunata said:
Don't act like inflated scores on a premiere is something out of the ordinary, you've been here long enough.

Or you could just shitpost like some other people by posting a small "background only characters" screencap.
Oh wait.
Give me all that salt
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 3, 2015 8:27 AM

Apr 2011
stand said:
yhunata said:

Oh wait.

I actually like this franchise. It's not the best, but it's alright. Visually speaking, it was one of the most beautiful TV anime I've seen... until this. Excessive usage of utterly terrible 3DCG doesn't make something look good. Not to mention, the fight choreography is non-existent. It's just "let's throw this guy at that guy and have some sparks when their weapons meet each other"..... and Seri's ass. The entire episode was disgusting. Even Lance N' Masques had a better start than this.
Oct 3, 2015 8:38 AM

Apr 2013
Finally, after years of waiting :tearsofjoy:

Animation was insane, like DesuTronic said, I was jizzing through my eyes. That skateboarding scene alone had more budget than whole season of Owari no Seraph lmao

I facepalmed on that fanservice scene with Seri's huge boobs ( huge being an understatement) but i don't care much of it tbh, I'm just glad my eyes are witnessing more K content

clickable▲
Oct 3, 2015 8:55 AM

May 2012
The animation was just amazing!

Plus Seri can get it any day.
Oct 3, 2015 9:07 AM

Sep 2013
I hope this wont suffer from pacing problems like the first season. The art is amazing as always I dont appreciate the use of CG though. It seems Shiro's finally gonna show himself. Good thing he's not just a plot device in this season. And they definitely leveled up the fanservice, Seri providing most if it.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 3, 2015 9:09 AM

Sep 2013
yhunata said:
You've been in this site since 2011 -.-
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 3, 2015 9:15 AM

Apr 2015
I forgot how gay this series was and the fanservice is really unneeded and that really makes me hate some aspects of this show, I had the same issues with the movie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2015 9:33 AM

Dec 2010
...gorgeous as ever, Awashima, Seri -damn!
Oct 3, 2015 9:38 AM

Mar 2013
Yeahh I was waiting for this ^^

Great visuals and music as always

Those booby scenes were unnecessary though :D

I want to see Silver King more !
Oct 3, 2015 9:39 AM
Mar 2015
the music and art, just beautiful
I'm just really depressed right now, cuz I heard the blue king is also running out of time
I don't wanna go through the same tragedy that I experience with suoh mikoto in season 1
Oct 3, 2015 10:24 AM

Sep 2014
The art looks beautiful, the soundtrack stood out.
I'm excited to see how this'll be continued.
Oct 3, 2015 11:33 AM

Jul 2014
stand said:
yhunata said:

Oh wait.

I second this statement.

Oct 3, 2015 11:51 AM
Jul 2015
Hmm. A nice starting flashback. Seems like the plot will be nice enough for a cour. I think the fan service was a bit much compared to Season 1. The graphics are great as usual.
Oct 3, 2015 11:55 AM

Jan 2008
The art means nothing if all you have is fanservice. Where is the plot? This episode was awful. Jello Seri was disgusting.
Oct 3, 2015 12:16 PM

Jun 2009
I'm super happy it is back. I love this anime, such a plus that it looks fantastic.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Oct 3, 2015 12:51 PM

Nov 2012
If they weren't evil or doing shady shit, I'd love to be on the green team. Their motif seems the coolest, ninjas, phasing through walls and technology.
Jaywalker.
Oct 3, 2015 1:00 PM

Sep 2015
I'm one of the few people who find this episode annoying. Too much fanservice, the whole episode consists of that and scenes seemingly put together randomly.

Music and animations are great as always, though.
Oct 3, 2015 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
rsc-pl said:
Z4k said:

Are you saying a detailed art like that is worse than the example I gave?
l.

This is not detailed art. Its a CG art which is ugly as hell, and yes, I prefer less details but nice, esthetic and proper-dimensional looking in general. The same goes to framerate, 12fps normal animation is whole universe better than 60fps CG animation.

I really don't mind CG if it is used right (KyoAni, PA Works or Shaft for example, even Ufotable's animation is bearable for me), but not if whole scene is made in 3D with 2D characters.

Looked like rotoscoped CG shit to me (with that garbage, cringe worthy skateboarding scene especially). It was fucking lazy. They just tried to disguise it with fast transition.

Also, it seemed to me that they animated it at a very low resolution to speed things up and then just poorly upscaled the whole thing. I dunno intricacies of animation though so fuck knows.

Edit: Also, a lot of you folks (SJWs?) are complaining about the girl showing her splendid cleavage (Objectifying herself?) but not about the clearly-hard-gay-for-each-other blue and red's obsession with each other. Biased much.
removed-userOct 3, 2015 1:38 PM
Oct 3, 2015 1:25 PM

Feb 2014
Truly beautiful eye candy
Oct 3, 2015 1:57 PM

Jan 2008
Love GoHands. Beautiful fight scenes.

Oh man that Seri fanservice. Hnnnggg.
Oct 3, 2015 1:58 PM

May 2015
Sangaz said:
WiseFlower said:
That was beautiful....the fan service though.... -_-

There was plenty for girls too, just like last season. All that homoerotic aggressiveness between red and blue.

Where were my hot men, half naked with gorgeous shots of their ass...
Oct 3, 2015 2:28 PM

Aug 2014
ElenirLachlagos said:
Araneae said:
What just happened? I mean, this episode was just PURE fanservice. And I don't mean only Seri's close up shots, but the whole 8 minute long Suoh vs. Munakata fight, and of course both Yato vs. Fushimi fights. That's also fanservie. I'm sure that the whole tumblr is now screaming in delight. And that basically was the whole episode.

C'mon, where's the plot?!

Well, I had high expectations, but I guess this episode just brought them down...
So I'm not the only one.

That was a pretty shitty first episode, imo.
Needless fighting without any explanation and any real outcome. Ridiculous jelly tits and demeaning panty shots.
Hardly any plot besides the green clan trying to annoy the others, who - for some reason - play right into it.
Also not enough Kuroh.

I'm not the only one! YAY. :D

I basically agree with your every sentence.

Although I have to add that K is a franchise that spans across several media, and the direct sequel of K: Missing Kings Movie was actually the short manga called K: Countdown, and the K: Return of kings is direct sequel to this manga. My point is: The green clan was annoying people in the manga already, so really this episode haven't shown anything new. Nothing at all. There is NO plot whatsoever.

I'm so disapointed, especially that I really enjoy this franchise.

And so many people here seems to praise the animation, when it was basically all CGI, adn it was clearly visible. The previous season and the movie were very pretty as weel, but weren't so much CG.

So far, not good. I hope for the second ep to be better.

Well, and if the whole season is sh*t, I'll just delete it from my headcanon and go read some fanfiction.
Oct 3, 2015 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
I feel like this episode would have been better if all the plot points touched upon hadn't been recycled from the movie with absolutely no progression whatsoever. That would normally lead to a very disappointing episode, but I can't even say I minded too much because presentation wise this looked stellar.
Anyways, from future episodes I'm looking forward to seeing what the blue king will do about his sword falling to pieces and the reunion of Kuro and Shiro.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 3, 2015 3:23 PM

Mar 2013
Watching it in HD was even better! Man, the animation is just awesome in here.
I was a bit lost first in the beginning cause Suoh was present. I felt like it just abruptly switched scenes, but otherwise a nice start of the season.
Oct 3, 2015 3:29 PM

May 2009
Necromia said:

Looks like the moon

Z4k said:
I figured you'd say that so here's an album of all the low quality art I saw. Don't worry none of them are zoomed frames.
http://imgur.com/a/IVrZG

Unlike in Noragami even the background characters in K have faces lol.

Jesus Christ, stop pretending you know what are you talking about. Half of these are comical faces http://i.imgur.com/Fwgoxh2.png http://i.imgur.com/d9fmw1I.png
Oct 3, 2015 3:37 PM

Nov 2012
I see that half of MAL users commenting seem to already have their panties in a wad over a few scenes of fanservice yet again haha You guys must have been foaming at the mouth if you watched something like kill la kill

I thought that was pretty good, although I was annoyed we didn't get to really see a certain someone pop into the scene like I expected. Awesome animation and music, and the green squad looks pretty interesting. Flashback at the beginning was a bit disorienting but I liked it a lot.

The lower level members of the green squad are pretty shitty though, they clearly underestimated red and blue members. Hopefully we'll get some interesting backstory and motivation behind the green crew at some point, right now just looks like they're messing around with the other color gangs for the heck of it ..
midnightbladeOct 3, 2015 3:47 PM
Oct 3, 2015 3:41 PM

Jun 2009
The beginning was good.
I loved the OST in this episode. Graphics and animation look so nice.
I can't wait for the next episode.
5/5
I like pancakes.
Oct 3, 2015 4:43 PM

Jul 2009
I really hate Fushimi, and it get's on my nerves when he says Misaki's name. (I hate Munakata too, I miss Mikoto)
I need more Shiro and Kuroh!
Oct 3, 2015 6:53 PM

Apr 2011
They finally used Seri for fanservice... took them 3 years. The amount of fucking blue purple red tint going on really sucked, THEY NEED TO TONE IT DOWN. Even the car Kusanagi went over WTF THAT CAR was either really good or really out of place.
KomomoOct 3, 2015 7:01 PM
Oct 3, 2015 6:54 PM

Dec 2008
Great Zeus!!! This episode was visually stunning!! Pure perfection in every way! HOMRA Forever!!

Even if it was only for a moment, it was good to see Suoh again.
Oct 3, 2015 7:10 PM

Dec 2012
Is the animation even real
I'm having an eyegasm

3DCG was a bit off-putting though.
RothOct 3, 2015 8:01 PM
Oct 3, 2015 7:30 PM

Jun 2014
Yessss K is back! And we start right in with another meaningless battle between the red and blue kings to show off the cgi effects. Animation and soundtrack are as beautiful as always. In fact, I think the animation is even better than season 1 if thats possible.

opening credits were annoying af covering the whole screen.

I dont really like how the green clan was instantly portrayed as weak wimps right after theyre introduced.
Oct 3, 2015 8:18 PM

Nov 2011
man the frame rates really bothered me....
Hate Keeps me warm
Oct 3, 2015 8:22 PM

Feb 2010
What a godly animation! finally K is back c:
badass loli Anna, is so badass im growing up to love her!

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Oct 3, 2015 8:23 PM
Jul 2014
There's no denying that the production is amazing, can carry any series with how breathtaking it is.

Story pacing is still style over substance though and the production did really well to paper over those cracks. Like is season 1 there's something there that will keep me invested for the entire journey that doesn't involve the animation and OST but if sensory overload from anime is possible this would do it. Mainly because for 20mins we almost never got a break from the soundtrack and just got extended character poses like they're Jojo characters.

There's just none of the mystery and elegance that season 1 held. Eye candy, high class eye candy at that but nothing much else.
Oct 3, 2015 8:52 PM

Oct 2011
OH MY GOD this episode was one of the best series opener I've ever seen. That fight at the beginning was also one of the best fights ever. The visuals, the music, just everything was breathtaking. Got to see Totsuka and Mikoto too. <3 *sobs*

I think this season will be better then the first.

Could always do without the Seri fanservice anyday though >.> Wasted valuable minutes..
LuxtressOct 3, 2015 8:56 PM
Oct 3, 2015 8:56 PM

Mar 2013
The animation is just too good. I've been missing K and it's great to have it back, with its fanservice as well.
Oct 3, 2015 8:56 PM

Apr 2014
bastek66 said:
Necromia said:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/sMV8lp1.png[img]

Looks like the moon

Z4k said:
I figured you'd say that so here's an album of all the low quality art I saw. Don't worry none of them are zoomed frames.
http://imgur.com/a/IVrZG

Unlike in Noragami even the background characters in K have faces lol.

Jesus Christ, stop pretending you know what are you talking about. Half of these are comical faces http://i.imgur.com/Fwgoxh2.png http://i.imgur.com/d9fmw1I.png

I know how the comical faces look like retard.
Oct 3, 2015 9:08 PM

Oct 2014
Araneae said:
ElenirLachlagos said:
So I'm not the only one.

That was a pretty shitty first episode, imo.
Needless fighting without any explanation and any real outcome. Ridiculous jelly tits and demeaning panty shots.
Hardly any plot besides the green clan trying to annoy the others, who - for some reason - play right into it.
Also not enough Kuroh.

I'm not the only one! YAY. :D

I basically agree with your every sentence.

Although I have to add that K is a franchise that spans across several media, and the direct sequel of K: Missing Kings Movie was actually the short manga called K: Countdown, and the K: Return of kings is direct sequel to this manga. My point is: The green clan was annoying people in the manga already, so really this episode haven't shown anything new. Nothing at all. There is NO plot whatsoever.

I'm so disapointed, especially that I really enjoy this franchise.

And so many people here seems to praise the animation, when it was basically all CGI, adn it was clearly visible. The previous season and the movie were very pretty as weel, but weren't so much CG.

So far, not good. I hope for the second ep to be better.

Well, and if the whole season is sh*t, I'll just delete it from my headcanon and go read some fanfiction.

Seems like I'm not the only one !

The whole episode was pure fanservice, like you guys said and unfortunately I'm going to drop pretty soon I guess. Still, how come we have amazing fight scenes with a OST so out of place? Was like hearing elevator music while watching Dragon Ball.
Oct 3, 2015 10:41 PM
Oct 2015
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Yessss K is back! And we start right in with another meaningless battle between the red and blue kings to show off the cgi effects. Animation and soundtrack are as beautiful as always. In fact, I think the animation is even better than season 1 if thats possible.

I dont really like how the green clan was instantly portrayed as weak wimps right after theyre introduced.

Hmm, imo I felt like they were trying to portray the green clan as ruthless and manipulative, rather than weak wimps. It's like they created a sort of game system which makes use of their low level members to do the dirty work for them, and that they probably never intended to promote those members to higher ranks. Just 'expendable pawns' as Kuroh said.
Oct 3, 2015 10:44 PM

May 2015
I have no words to describe how awesome that was more than I expected the OST,Animation,Action and that HD Fanservice all packed into 1 episode makes me wanting more and more!
Oct 3, 2015 11:15 PM

Sep 2012
And then they blowed out all of their budget in the first episode.
I hope quality of animation remain consistent, because animation and OST are the strong points of this series.
Oct 3, 2015 11:18 PM

Jun 2013
I suffered enough heartbreak from the first season but judging from the hints given... I just hope they won't end this like how the first one ended.
Oct 4, 2015 1:00 AM

Sep 2015
This episode is so awesome spoiler Gojou Sukuna has appeared that he published that video that lead HOMRA to be pissed off wow. I didn't expect for the Green clan, JUNGLE, to go that far. Plus the lower clans men of JUNGLE are a bunch of idiots who tries to use a "bird" grenade directly at the Red and Blue clan, but in the end failed. What I think of the lower clans men are monkeys, because it is just a game but they don't know what are they doing thinking it is just for fun that they get an actual power up from an app. Probably I am just wrong of how I think of them just because of their actions. This clan is just so intimidating that it keeps HOMRA and SEPTER4 having problems and messing with them to lure out the Silver King.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Oct 4, 2015 1:28 AM

Mar 2014
IdkWhatToWatch said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Hmm, imo I felt like they were trying to portray the green clan as ruthless and manipulative, rather than weak wimps. It's like they created a sort of game system which makes use of their low level members to do the dirty work for them, and that they probably never intended to promote those members to higher ranks. Just 'expendable pawns' as Kuroh said.
Z4k said:
bastek66 said:

Looks like the moon

I know how the comical faces look like retard.
Why did you upload two pictures with comical faces that are supposed to look derpy then? They're completely irrelevant
Nico- said:
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

185 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:46 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

45 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:42 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

87 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 4:41 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2015

57 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 2:58 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2015

96 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.