Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Well, the OP song is kinda catchy I guess.

Protagonist is Lloyd and there's definitely going to be some eyes rolling when watching his role in the show. Doesn't help that they protrayed him in a cartoony-like style. He's 7th prince and retains memories of his past life. We got some combat between him and Sylpha. However, it also seems magic is a major part of the show.

Pretty much an introductory episode, didn't really expect much else beyond that.
Apr 1, 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
Another season, and yet generic fantasy reincarnation. Novelist Kenkyo na Circle's work being the male version of Tearmoon Empire by the way...but with estranged magic.

Kaede Higuchi's OP is really good, not going to lie. The same is said for Akane Kumada's ED.

Once a commoner whose obsession in magic lands him in immediate death, Lloyd is reincarnated as the Saloum Kingdom's 7th Prince...and he looks more like a Shota-con more than anything, other than the greatest figure: William Bordeaux, reborn. Be it his magic or swordsmanship, trained by one of his maid servants of Sylpha, who's impressed of his skills...still treats him like an uncontrollable kid, even bathing with the girls, and being told that a demon lurks in the forbidden underground library, of Grimoire, which piques Lloyd's interest.

Navigating through the kingdom to find the forbidden library, which is locked by strong spells and nothing that fazes Lloyd, he manages to break into the library...which the aforementioned Grimoire sees and wants him to help him break his seal. But the treasures don't compare to his interest of knowledge, which Grimoire convinces him with ancient magic and Lloyd helping unlock his seal. Even then, Lloyd's magic power is infinity times that of Grimoire even with just an OP-enough strong magic barrier, mocking and teasing him, bringing out his double incarnation...that still is a fraction of Lloyd's power when he goes for the offensive against Grimoire.

Restoring the forbidden library to perfect bits, Grimoire is impressed of Lloyd, and he concedes defeat to serve him as a familiar. Even then, the ball of power that Grimoire learns of Lloyd, he's like Frieren but a terrifying Shota.

For studio Tsumugi Akita Animation Lab's 2nd full series, this is decent enough, though the CGI leaves a bit to be desired.

This reincarnation story...it's finna be wild.
KANLen09Apr 3, 6:00 AM
Apr 1, 9:53 AM

Apr 2022
I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, but I really like it so far. The CG is AWFUL, but the rest kinda slaps

Apr 1, 9:56 AM
Feb 2018
I just wonder was it really necessary to name it "Isekai"?
Why couldn't he just be born in a family and fell in love with magic that combat sorcerers practiced nearby?
Apr 1, 9:56 AM
Oct 2017
Seems like this is going to be a nice adaption. Looks and sounds great. Chances seem good that they're going to nail the fights. I'm hyped for more \o/
Apr 1, 9:59 AM
Jan 2023
ABSOLUTE CINEMA 🔥🔥🔥 THATS MY FEMBOY LLOYD
Apr 1, 10:11 AM
Feb 2018
Why does he look like some flat loli? It the author into little boys?
Apr 1, 10:14 AM
Jul 2023
Ah tensei series with fluid animation, a treat indeed.

A strong first episode, mainly focus on the main characters, a bit on the magic system and not much else.

Cute masochist overpowered mc > edgy/bland overpowered mc.
MainnusApr 1, 10:43 AM
Apr 1, 10:22 AM

Dec 2021
TSUMUGI AKITA ANIMATION LAB, the creators behind last season's Meiji Gekken, are stepping back from historical anime and venturing into the world of generic isekai with Kenkyo na Circle's second most popular work.

There was a sorcerer who deeply cherished magic, yet he was born a commoner, lacking the lineage and talent for it. As he met an untimely end, he regretted not delving deeper into the study of magic while he had the opportunity. Then, he was reborn as Lloyd, the seventh prince of the Kingdom of Saloum, blessed with a powerful magical bloodline and talent, while retaining memories from his past life. One day, driven by curiosity, he sneaked into a forbidden sealed library and inadvertently awakened a demon of ancient magic who controls forbidden books. It was at that moment that he realized he was reborn with all his memories intact, along with the perfect bloodline and immense talent. Determined to enjoy his new life, he used his extraordinary magical abilities to master the study of magic that was beyond his reach in his previous life.

Dude... No matter how focused you are on studying magic, you've got to take the time to enjoy the naked maids... Grimoire really picked the wrong boy to pick a fight with. Whatever, I find it hilarious that Lloyd is borderline masochistic and sadistic when it comes to magic. He wants to feel it ripping his finger apart and then see how the majin survives his attacks, all while knowing he needs to put up insanely strong barriers to prevent damage to the castle above them. But yeah, sure... destroy a library probably containing books with ancient knowledge you haven't learned yet... very smart! Ugh, those isekai characters really get on my nerves. Freaking logic dictates: first, read every interesting book, and lastly, unleash the majin if you want to! Not the other way around.

Alright, look, as much as this seems like a generic isekai, it's one of those guilty pleasures for me, one of those so bad it's good. And this looks like it'll be a pretty fun ride. Count me in.

Apr 1, 10:28 AM
Jul 2015
Cute, a little stupid, not the best art/animation, but most importantly: kinda fun. It'll be interesting to see how this one goes.
Apr 1, 10:29 AM

Dec 2022
well seems like another turn your brain off op reincarnation anime
Apr 1, 10:31 AM
Sep 2015
I'm actually facepalmed by the story. So there's a discrimination against commoner who has little magic, and the protagonist is a commonner who has little magic. But instead of fighting as a commoner against noble who has high magic (like the story from Mashle or Black Clover), this dude just reborn as a noble to escape all the commoner's problem. Seriously?

But he's a cute little boy with a big bad wolf demon under his cloth so I'll forgive him.
Apr 1, 10:34 AM
Nov 2018
Bruh what is this shotacon shiet
Apr 1, 10:44 AM
Nov 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the magic effect and battle is great, specially a psycho shota mc is rare.

the demon voice actor is dimple from mob psycho 100 ?

so i will give a try for 3 episode
Apr 1, 10:48 AM
Feb 2024
welll, its good for watching with chill
Apr 1, 10:52 AM
Aug 2018
Horrible, dialogue in this episode already basically ruined the entire world.
Apr 1, 10:55 AM

Aug 2023
Saw a reincarnation anime and figured I'd give it a shot. So far pretty meh, and that bath scene was wildly uncomfortable. I hope that was like a one off type thing but if it's constant hmm yeah maybe not gonna be for me
Apr 1, 10:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well... actual shota MC is kinda original I guess but everything else here is painfully generic
Apr 1, 11:01 AM
Jul 2020
What is wrong with the animators, why do they keep panning up and down a child's legs like that??? someone please tell me the Mc ages up quickly or ill have to drop this show.
Apr 1, 11:01 AM
Jul 2020
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Why couldn't he just be born in a family and fell in love with magic that combat sorcerers practiced nearby?

it's not even an isekai though, is it?
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Oct 2017
I was initially gonna skip this but I'm glad I didn't. This might be a generic OP mc fantasy but this was a fun start. The animation was surprisingly good and the characters seemed fun and expressive. Lloyd might be a magic loving pervert but he seems like a fun little thing and got a maid harem as well. Love Sylpha already, gimme more of her. Grim though, poor guy. The magic animation looked really cool.

Btw seems like he reincarnated in his original world, I wonder how much time has passed since his death, will we see the guys who killed him? I believe Koyasu Takehito isn't voicing some random guy who showed up for one minute.
Apr 1, 11:07 AM

Oct 2017
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Where did you find the word isekai in the title? There is none and it's not an isekai.

DexterLivingston said:
it's not even an isekai though, is it?
Yes it isnt.
Apr 1, 11:20 AM

Feb 2022
Hopefully Studio can make a battle between MC and Villain like in the manga, manga Have God Tier Art.

MagistarvahaApr 1, 3:44 PM
Apr 1, 11:26 AM

May 2014
Big fan of this manga so I'm really excited to see it animated. It's a great example of a fairly generic premise that is pushed to greatness by its execution. It's always being fun or cool. I'm curious how much of what I love is thanks to the manga adaptation and not the original light novel. The manga's art is just so good.
Apr 1, 11:57 AM

Jun 2021
Magistarvaha said:
Hopefully Studio can make a battle between MC and Villain like in the manga, manga Have God Tier Art.

I doubt this. The anime needs to have mob psycho 100 S2 level animation for it to reach the manga's quality.
“Think not of your future or your past, just your current self. Think about the now and focus, then throw out your very identity”
Apr 1, 11:58 AM

Dec 2013
Fairouz Ai keeps surprising me, she has a really wide range, incredible voice actress.

That was a fun episode, I'm a big fan when the characters change into chibi forms / simpler shapes, MC's design sometimes made me feel like I was watching something by Marui Maru.
Apr 1, 12:06 PM

Feb 2014
whoever created this anime is absolutely a closeted little boy lover and it's disgusting. anime is okay outside the effeminate shota BS...
Apr 1, 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
Dark beginning; some nice MC OPness.

Not too fond of the age downgrade; but for now it's still watchable. Might become a reason for a drop though.
Apr 1, 12:20 PM
Jan 2022
It is a bit too cringe for my taste.
Mar 2021
Cody8076 said:
whoever created this anime is absolutely a closeted little boy lover and it's disgusting. anime is okay outside the effeminate shota BS...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 the mangaka knew what they were doing with the design!
Mar 2021
Cody8076 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 the mangaka knew what they were doing with the design!
Apr 1, 12:22 PM

Jan 2008
Sylpha's looking great. I liked her a lot from the manga. Happy to see she looks just as good in anime form. The sparring scene was surprisingly good.

People are defintely going to rate the show down simply for the MC though, that's for certain.
Apr 1, 12:24 PM

Feb 2014
Paul said:
Sylpha's looking great. I liked her a lot from the manga. Happy to see she looks just as good in anime form. The sparring scene was surprisingly good.

People are defintely going to rate the show down simply for the MC though, that's for certain.

why wouldn't we rate it down? We don't stand for no pedo crap.
Apr 1, 12:39 PM

Aug 2017
I'll apply the three episodes rule, need to see a bit more of the world to be convinced. Also he seem really op which I'm always wary of.
Apr 1, 12:53 PM

Jun 2008
This show gives me weird vibes.
I am not sure why everything is so weirdly sexual...

Other than that weirdness it seems to be a pretty average super ultra OP "I can't believe it's not an isekai" show.
Apr 1, 1:15 PM
Oct 2017
Believe me guys the shota femboy thigh shots are absolutely essential to the plot
Apr 1, 1:29 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to ghtyujkkpkohkjb
@ghtyujkkpkohkjb Semantics, it genuinely doesn't matter one way or the other.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 1, 1:31 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to KANLen09
Another season, and yet generic fantasy reincarnation. Novelist Kenkyo na Circle's work being the male version of Tearmoon Empire by the way...but with estranged magic.

Kaede Higuchi's OP is really good, not going to lie. The same is said for Akane Kumada's ED.

Once a commoner whose obsession in magic lands him in immediate death, Lloyd is reincarnated as the Saloum Kingdom's 7th Prince...and he looks more like a Shota-con more than anything, other than the greatest figure: William Bordeaux, reborn. Be it his magic or swordsmanship, trained by one of his maid servants of Sylpha, who's impressed of his skills...still treats him like an uncontrollable kid, even bathing with the girls, and being told that a demon lurks in the forbidden underground library, of Grimoire, which piques Lloyd's interest.

Navigating through the kingdom to find the forbidden library, which is locked by strong spells and nothing that fazes Lloyd, he manages to break into the library...which the aforementioned Grimoire sees and wants him to help him break his seal. But the treasures don't compare to his interest of knowledge, which Grimoire convinces him with ancient magic and Lloyd helping unlock his seal. Even then, Lloyd's magic power is infinity times that of Grimoire even with just an OP-enough strong magic barrier, mocking and teasing him, bringing out his double incarnation...that still is a fraction of Lloyd's power when he goes for the offensive against Grimoire.

Restoring the forbidden library to perfect bits, Grimoire is impressed of Lloyd, and he concedes defeat to serve him as a familiar. Even then, the ball of power that Grimoire learns of Lloyd, he's like Frieren but a terrifying Shota.

For studio Tsumugi Akita Animation Lab's 2nd full series, this is decent enough, though the CGI leaves a bit to be desired.

This reincarnation story...it's finna be wild.
@KANLen09 This was not a good review of this anime.

I saw the first episode and this was a poor description.

I did not see any similarity to tearmoon, unless you just mean reincarnation, which is just surface level, not the main story.

The kid’s insane obsession with magic, resulting in him speaking and reading at an early age, sneaking around to study, cheating with magic in sword training, being ridiculously OP at such a young age (breaking the seal of 10 renowned mages like it was a cobweb), and then besting a demon like he was a puppy, it was crazy funny and enjoyable.

The art and animation are well done for this anime, it wasn’t a problem at all.

Other than some fan service, it really wasn’t a big issue.
ejleonApr 1, 1:40 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 2013
Reply to MysticMusician
Saw a reincarnation anime and figured I'd give it a shot. So far pretty meh, and that bath scene was wildly uncomfortable. I hope that was like a one off type thing but if it's constant hmm yeah maybe not gonna be for me
@MysticMusician Bro look at the damn cover. It's absolutely not a one off.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.

Apr 2021
Reply to Ryoda-
This show gives me weird vibes.
I am not sure why everything is so weirdly sexual...

Other than that weirdness it seems to be a pretty average super ultra OP "I can't believe it's not an isekai" show.
@Ryoda- I get the same feeling you do
ejleonApr 1, 1:38 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 1, 1:33 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Cody8076
@Cody8076 Cartoons can't hurt you, son.
Apr 1, 1:34 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to redorzo
I'll apply the three episodes rule, need to see a bit more of the world to be convinced. Also he seem really op which I'm always wary of.
@redorzo

May I ask…

Why would you only watch 3 episodes?

Why do you need to see more of the world?

Apr 1, 1:35 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to tajniak485
Horrible, dialogue in this episode already basically ruined the entire world.
@tajniak485 the dialogue was fine, it’s not Shakespeare, it’s just a comedic anime to watch.

Apr 1, 1:37 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Cody8076
@Cody8076 I agree with you, it was very obvious in their art and animation, docked points for that

Apr 1, 1:46 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Accelerator545
Believe me guys the shota femboy thigh shots are absolutely essential to the plot
@Accelerator545 I mean, they definitely are.
Apr 1, 1:51 PM

Dec 2018
very great anime from beggining
Apr 1, 1:53 PM

Aug 2017
Reply to ejleon
@redorzo

May I ask…

Why would you only watch 3 episodes?

Why do you need to see more of the world?
@ejleon To see if I like it, usually after three episodes I have an idea if I will like it or not.
Apr 1, 1:54 PM
Jul 2023
Probably going to be my comfort anime this season I can watch without thinking
Apr 1, 2:04 PM
Jul 2014
It sounds like this episode snagged a few lolicons who probably just looked at the art instead of the synopsis, and now they're raging to try to hide their why-boners.

There wasn't anything even slightly sexual in this episode, and if you think there was, it's you that has the problem.

Anyway, kinda meh first episode, fairly standard downtrodden-to-stupidly-OP I-can't-believe-it's-not-isekai power fantasy, but I'll give it a few more eps to see if it gets interesting. It does at least have a bit of a comedic vibe already.
Apr 1, 2:09 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to redorzo
@ejleon To see if I like it, usually after three episodes I have an idea if I will like it or not.
@redorzo I get how the 3 episodes fits, but what if it is only in the castle and doesn’t show another place, does that mean it’s bad?

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - 5 hours ago

20 by researchscum »»
1 hour ago

» Reason why Llyod is built like that

Aichi07 - May 21

13 by Scootboi »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

83 by swagxmagician »»
Yesterday, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29

72 by Tenik »»
May 24, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

54 by Ba-Cii10 »»
May 24, 3:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.