Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 6, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Well, it looks like the classes are preparing for the festival for school. Mitsumi herself is also taking a lot of responsibility.

I wasn't expecting Sosuke to sing in front of Mitsumi though. He's got an interesting voice..and kinda inspirational. Also, I love seeing Mitsumi display more confidence this episode.
Jun 6, 2023 8:04 AM

Nov 2010
  • For lack of sleep, Mitsumi's sanpaku eyes stood out. This type of eye is rare for a heroine in manga.
  • The reason why Shima likes Mitsumi was put into words. In a word, it's 'innocence'.

Jun 6, 2023 8:19 AM

Apr 2010
Well Mitsumi taking to much on herself was somewhat expected but it's nice she realised that in time.
As for Shima well it's nice that he is acting again but it's not so good that he did while not entirely convinced he should be doing it.
It will be interesting to see how things go tho.
Jun 6, 2023 8:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
For any student the school festival is always one of the most notable events that they would have in their time in school. The insight into what Shima was like as a child actor though was pretty insightful. The tale that they chose though while simple really was an interesting one. Shima and Mitsu practicing though was cute. It was smart in how they managed to intermingle the ending with the progression of the prep. Can't wait to see their performance at the festival next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2023 9:03 AM

Feb 2021
The dynamic between Mitsumi and Shima is so good, it's like she's saving him.
Jun 6, 2023 9:05 AM

Jul 2021
Lol the play is a parody of the sound of music

Jun 6, 2023 9:09 AM
Aug 2020
I really love this anime, hard to not have a smile when i watching it.

Mitsumi is a lovely girl and Shima kun a great guy.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 6, 2023 9:29 AM

Jul 2012
Embient said:

I think he is also trying to do the same for her, even if its just the little things.

Its really nice of Shima reciprocating Mitsumi after the last episode. He subconsciously (or consciously) took it in and ended up romancing helping her thru her tears. I don't think I've seen a romance in any anime like this. 😘

mitsumi iwakura

deliveries
awc mrc
set by titanween
Jun 6, 2023 9:42 AM
Oct 2016
Mitsumi taking on too much with student council work as the school festival preparation begins. It was tough seeing her work herself too hard, losing sleep because of all the responsibilities she's taken on. Shima being there to support Mitsumi was so cute, they make the perfect team reassuring one another at every turn. Mitsumi spreading herself too thin by trying to help with the runtime of their play. She already had too much helping fellow student council members. Trying to help her classmates also as a lot for her. Mitsumi even says she wish she could help with the play preparation but student council work is taking up too much time. So not the best decision to try and help them regardless. Shima did great talking to Mitsumi about what she was dealing with. I understand his reservations about her dreams of being a Tokyo politician considering how heartfelt she's getting over minor high school stuff. Mitsumi has a great retort to that later on saying that since she falls on her face a lot she's great at picking herself back up. I liked seeing more of Shima past this episode, learning more about his childhood and his relationship with his mother. His acting made her happy but it wasn't enough in the end. I hope her coming to see him in this rendition of Sound of Music can help mend their bond.
Jun 6, 2023 9:41 AM
Sep 2021
It's time for the school festival, even though there are misunderstandings and problems arising during the class play shima and mitsumi both do their best together and improve themselves and we also got more backstory on shima's childhood.
Jun 6, 2023 9:43 AM
Oct 2016
mshehana said:
Embient said:

I think he is also trying to do the same for her, even if its just the little things.
I love how they support each other. Qualities of a great couple 
Jun 6, 2023 9:53 AM

Mar 2021
Shima and Mitsumi are such a cute pairing they truly do care about each other its just so nice to see them support each other
Jun 6, 2023 9:55 AM

Feb 2019
Skip to Loafer Tuesdays lets gooo.

Really wondering what Shima’s relationship with that Ririka chick is all about. Obviously goes back to the child acting days, but it’s so toxic.

On the bright side, the school festival preparations are coming along well. It’s really cute how Shima sees a lot of his younger idyllic self in Mitsumi and wants to protect her innocence and happy go lucky nature. I really like how they’re so supportive and caring for each other. All the healthy foundation for a long lasting relationship.

It’s funny cause she thinks he’s the cool one but he really looks up to her.

Speaking of younger Shima, we got another set of flashbacks that shined some light on his home life. Looks like his mom was going thru an abusive relationship and he wanted to keep her happy. That’s a lot of pressure and stress on a young child.

Really good episode.
Marinate1016Jun 6, 2023 10:00 AM
Jun 6, 2023 9:59 AM

Dec 2020
Mitsumi has too much to do that she fall asleep and yeah that has break her smile good that sosiuke helps her to cheer up looking forward.
Looks like next episode is the theater nice.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 6, 2023 10:00 AM

Sep 2017
Cestlavie_ said:

It's not so much a parody, but avoiding copyright. The manga had the exact character names and the exact songs & lyrics, but the anime had to change it. But i'm still happy bc Shima got to sing🥹
Jun 6, 2023 10:03 AM

Jul 2021
redvelvetdoll said:
Cestlavie_ said:

It's not so much a parody, but avoiding copyright. The manga had the exact character names and the exact songs & lyrics, but the anime had to change it. But i'm still happy bc Shima got to sing🥹

Wow, i would have loved to hear Do Re Mi, in the anime but alas
Jun 6, 2023 10:19 AM
May 2021
shima's singing voice is very nice. and that scene where he sang for mitsumi to cheer her up was so sweet.

after credits looked like his mom finding the poster for the musical? assuming that means she's going to show up at the festival. will probably tell that girl about it too based on the earlier scene if shima saying he doesn't want her to know about it. don't really like shima's mom already just from the flashbacks and the knowledge that she put so much pressure on shima at such a young age. just based on that i can't imagine the next episode going well at all, and im kind of scared tbh
My 2023 candies:
Jun 6, 2023 10:33 AM

May 2015
I envy Mitsumi's energy and pure enthusiasm, something a lot of us have lost along the way. May she avoid a fall in life after she wouldn't be able to "dust herself off and get back up" again.
IshitatesoJun 6, 2023 10:46 AM
Jun 6, 2023 10:44 AM

Jul 2017
Tsubame West High School's annual cultural festival, and it's generally busy all around, even with Shima.

The play that Mitsumi and Shima's class are holding: a parody of the timeless classic play The Sound of Music, and playing a class musical is hard work, though everyone is in for the long haul to make it a success. With the play however, everyone goes with the flow with Shima performing, and basically cornered, he has no choice but to accept the role, even as a former child actor. As Chris tries to talk Shima out of it, he's contempt to play the role anyways, and all the best to him. With the set, props, costumes etc. all up, the parody play is in progress, which other than it directed by the class president Asano, worsens Mika's aspect in trying to score Shima. Mitsumi trying her best despite her tiredness, and with her presence running around, it reminds Shima of his past.

However, Shima's past is not all that glamorous, and as Mitsumi praises his acting, all the more that Shima cannot back out from this agreement. Eventually, Mitsumi realizes the consequences of her ways, while being worried about Shima as well that she feels dejected with this many conflicts. Shima breaking out into song, and Mtsumi joins thereafter, feeling much better and having their small lil' fun together. Determined to help Shima, Mitsumi does all she can.

As the days count down towards the school festival, everyone works hard and collaboratively, and soon, it's time. Time to see how this cultural festival will turn out!
KANLen09Jun 6, 2023 10:59 AM
Jun 6, 2023 10:58 AM

Dec 2022
and thus how the tsubame west high school festival started
Jun 6, 2023 11:08 AM

Mar 2014
Cestlavie_ said:

I'm glad they doing this coz a lot time they like to do shakespeare, it's overuse
Jun 6, 2023 11:21 AM
Jan 2023
Shima-kun singing 😳
Jun 6, 2023 12:00 PM

Jul 2012
Aw, Shima sees himself in Mitsumi. This time it was his turn to cheer her up.
Jun 6, 2023 12:05 PM

May 2020
Haha of all things, I never thought they'd go with the sound of music play. I've been to its theater play once xD

Felt great seeing the class being overly enthusiastic, and even Shima, who despite not wanting to do the role earlier got himself convinced to do the same towards the end.. and we know it was Mitsumi who played a bit of a part in him getting to that decision. Like I say the planet of positive energy she is, anyone could develop an urge to try their hardest and giving it their all with her being by the side.

Hope Shima's mom come pay a visit to see their play.
Jun 6, 2023 12:10 PM

May 2019
Good episode with Sousuke being there for Mitsumi as Mitsumi overwhelmed herself (again). Sousuke saw his childhood self in Mitsumi and I agree that getting into politics in Tokyo may not be the best thing for her.

Anyways, good for Sousuke on taking a role for their play, I wasn't sure who that person was at the end but maybe his mom? Hopefully that doesn't mean that the mysterious Ririka girl shows up as that may mean trouble.
Jun 6, 2023 12:11 PM

Oct 2017
Nice Mitsumi x Shima interactions this episode. Looking forward to the play.
Jun 6, 2023 12:12 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I never realized how long students work on school festivals, at the end of the episode they still had 30 days left and Mitsumi was scrambling like that during the episode lol, not sure how accurate it is to real life but much respect there.

But damn man this episode kinda hit me hard in the 2nd half, Mitsumi getting that upset about her screw ups and then coming right back from it, it’s like she said, she’s a pro at dusting herself off and getting back up again and that’s exactly what we saw, it’s something I wish I was good at myself. I also enjoyed that bit between Shima and Chris, he’s got a real friend right there. And that final scene where Shima’s mom saw the poster, I fear for our boy now lol.

And lastly, I’ve never seen The Sound of Music but interesting to see that this is a close parody of it and that it actually is the same in the manga lol.
Jun 6, 2023 12:19 PM

Feb 2023
Another PEAK episode

"Bocchi the Rock!" - Ijichi Nijika

Jun 6, 2023 12:25 PM
Oct 2020
i'm feeling so many emotions oh my God this is such a nice series i'm so glad they animated this series
Jun 6, 2023 12:52 PM
Oct 2021
another wholesome episode just like the others! honestly i’m enjoying this so much. can’t help but feel content watching this
Jun 6, 2023 1:10 PM

Feb 2014
I'd never expect to see The Sounds Of Music parody being done as a school play in anime, but I'm glad that this series is doing such a thing. I look forward to seeing how the play itself goes in the next episode!

With the preparation of the play coming along, I was worried that Mitsumi would make a mistake again, which she sadly did, as she was trying to do too many things at once, which not only made her sleep schedule all over the place, but she ended up forgetting to check the rehearsal video of the play. Letting others down because of that is one thing, but overhearing people talking about your screw up in a properly negative way was a blow for Mitsumi. Most people would shrug it off and learn from that mistake, but Mitsumi was really upset with herself that Shima had to cheer her up, which he did with absolute ease.

Not only that, but the way that he watches Mitsumi doing her usual things reminds him of what he was like when he was a child actor in the past, doing his absolute best and making sure that his mother was always happy with his effort. With their cute little dance and singing routine enough to bring her back to normal again, Mitsumi was able to prove how she can bounce back by going to those two girls again and delivering the suggestions that would improve the production of the play, which were approved. =)

The post-credit scene does give me hope that Shima's mother will go and see the play at the school festival. Hopefully that will be the case next time.
Jun 6, 2023 1:13 PM

Jan 2021
Cestlavie_ said:

Thanks! didnt knew it! 
Jun 6, 2023 1:44 PM
Apr 2023
todo mundo deveria assistir skip and loafer
Jun 6, 2023 1:53 PM

Nov 2013
Weekly dose of cuteness injected successfully. 
Jun 6, 2023 2:27 PM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode!
Jun 6, 2023 2:36 PM
Aug 2021
God, the duet Mitsumi and Shima had was outright adorable! It was the highlight of this episode and I want the scene injected into my brain.

Other than the cutest scene in the anime, it was nice to see how strong willed Mitsumi is. More importantly, how Shima knows that and shows us how much he cares about her! I want them to fall in love so bad.
Jun 6, 2023 2:48 PM

Mar 2020
Can't believe I would see a reference to the "Sound of Music" and the Von Trapp family in an anime, but here we are!

There's a lot I can say for this episode, but I think I might wait for the end of the school festival to elaborate a little more. The school festival prep is in full swing, and everyone's hard at work, and for Mitsumi, she's working behind the scenes, but at the same time, she wanted to contribute to something inside the classroom, but there's only so much a single person can do at once, so she failed to deliver on her promise to Asano. She takes it hard, and while she's getting confronted with reality, and Sousuke sees her running, he sees shades of his past in Mitsumi, but Mitsumi has always persevered and continues to shine. Sousuke however, has lost that "shine", due to some tough family situations and the scandal. I do hope he rekindles his beautiful, glowing self, which I do believe is what the anime is trying to build up to, so hopefully, it delivers that in a fulfilling way.
Jun 6, 2023 3:13 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I love scenes taking place outside in an area shaded by trees but with patches of light shining through

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 6, 2023 3:48 PM
Mar 2023
Shima confirms that everything he does, he does thinking about whether he is going to bother or bother Ririka, in addition to the fact that he carries many traumas and obstacles from his childhood. By the way, Mitsumi is really a being of light and purity in this anime, her personality is the definition of wholesome, and even though some believe she is incredulous, she shows us that she is actually the opposite, behaving in a more mature way than the rest and not taking everything to heart holding a grudge, I come to think that Shima sees in Mitsumi the ability that he thought he lost to see the positive side of everything and always go forward thanks to his innocence and to a certain extent it is a kind of "envy" "but without becoming so in a harmful way.
PS: The "Ah, I farted" was very free and made me laugh more than it deserved because it caught me by surprise haha. Now I was intrigued with the ending, where her mother appears watching the brochure of her performance, maybe this is a good motivation for Shima since he has the opportunity to make her happy :)
Jun 6, 2023 3:54 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice seeing them getting ready for the school festival's stage play. And seems like Mitsumi reminds Shima about his childhood
Jun 6, 2023 4:16 PM

Jan 2019
Wild to see legally distinct Sound of Music adapted in anime, and casting the male lead as the nazi character lmao

Jun 6, 2023 4:23 PM

May 2023
I like how Shima supports Mitsumi in the small and specific things, but Mitsumi doesn't realize how much she's helping him.
Jun 6, 2023 5:23 PM

Apr 2022
everyone's real busy with the school fesitval coming up, mitsumi running around like a child lol.
Jun 6, 2023 5:36 PM

May 2014
Guhh they're too cute. My heart.
Jun 6, 2023 5:45 PM
Oct 2019
I'm glad it's not another Shakespeare play, you know.

Jun 6, 2023 5:48 PM

Mar 2012
Cestlavie_ said:
redvelvetdoll said:

Wow, i would have loved to hear Do Re Mi, in the anime but alas
Same! In the manga Shima and Mitsumi are singing "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" and it's really cute.
Mitsumi forgets most of the song but the part she does remember is when Shima leads her up the stairs and she sings, "I'll depend on you."

Although, I like that the anime came up with their own song and the way Shima sang it just to cheer Mitsumi up was sweeter than the manga!
There's something about hearing it voice acted well that really makes the scene come to life. ^__^
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Jun 6, 2023 6:03 PM

Oct 2022
I swear Shima and Mitsumi should’ve been the main characters in the play lol.
Jun 6, 2023 6:05 PM

Dec 2022
I will seriously miss this show when it ends. Always makes my Tuesdays better.
Jun 6, 2023 6:38 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril is good at getting back on her feet after falling on her face
Jun 6, 2023 7:19 PM

Oct 2022
Definitely understood where those girls were coming from but idk, they should've just expressed that instead of talking behind her back. Hate when people are this messy.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2023

132 by PokefanPT »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2023

160 by PokefanPT »»
11 hours ago

» Skip to Loafer Season 2 possibilty?

thermoquasi - Feb 29

22 by _Sanchay »»
May 21, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

230 by PochaccoX3 »»
Apr 22, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2023

118 by KenesuEXE »»
Apr 9, 8:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.