Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2017 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find the relationship and character chemistry between Hanabi and Ebato to be kinda cute this episode. I feel like Ebato can often express her honest feelings to Hanabi when they are together.

Ebato's relationship with Atsuya feels like it's getting more complicated though.

Pretty tense episode as expected. The relationship between Hanabi and Ebato got more complicated too as whether what their friendship is based on.
Mar 9, 2017 8:27 AM

Sep 2013
Yuri is pure and should never be in an anime like this. Now, move on Ecchan.
I like yuri but you were doing it wrong. Anyway, only a few episodes left and Hanabi is still suffering.
Damn it. She's a scum and insensitive but I still want her to be happy.

Oh, and fuck you Mugi.
Mar 9, 2017 9:14 AM

Apr 2010
Well looks like the teacher captured Mugi most likely in an attempts to piss off Hanabi but something tells me things won't go her way.
Anyway Echan giving up is new i wanted to see some more of her.
Mar 9, 2017 10:55 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Erika___ said:
Yuri is pure and should never be in an anime like this. Now, move on Ecchan.
I like yuri but you were doing it wrong. Anyway, only a few episodes left and Hanabi is still suffering.

Oh, and fuck you Mugi.
Yuri is good everywhere =P lol but yeah I agree with all of this

Fuck the teacher still tho
Mar 9, 2017 11:41 AM

Aug 2014
whens theres yuri, who cares about mugi?!
totally agree yuri is pure and shouldnt be here.
Erika___ said:

who? hanabi or ebato?

anyway I hope to see them converse with each other at least once more before the anime ends. This episode made it seem like we won't be seeing ecchan again.
And at the end of the episode, is it actually hinting ebato maybe giving her cousin a chance?
Ako-Mar 9, 2017 11:46 AM
Mar 9, 2017 12:02 PM
Mar 2017
where can i find episode 9?
Mar 9, 2017 12:34 PM

Jul 2015
Preview for Episode 10 already streamed.
And I translated and subtitled it.

Ebato (Ecchan) is my favorite.
She is beautiful, whatever she is.
MyBUSHIDOJan 12, 2021 11:31 PM
I'm just Japanese who loves Anime, Manga and Light Novels.
And I translate Japanese into English to be fluent.

Mar 9, 2017 3:56 PM
Apr 2016
Can i ask where everyone is watching this, i can't find a download for episode 9, but cant find it on GoGoAnime, AnimeFreak, Kissanime or other miscellaneous websites which look riddled with viruses
Mar 9, 2017 4:26 PM

Sep 2013
Ako- said:
whens theres yuri, who cares about mugi?!
totally agree yuri is pure and shouldnt be here.

who? hanabi or ebato?

Hanabi, of course. I feel bad for Ecchan but her cousin is there for her so all's well. Kinda sucks that she's getting converted though lol
Mar 9, 2017 5:33 PM

May 2015
Damn, pretty much a closure on Ecchan's chapter. That was quite the powerful episode.

Still can't get enough of the OST. It literally gives me the goosebumps every time again.

Mar 9, 2017 6:14 PM

Sep 2015
I hope the cousin does end up with Sanae. I feel sorry for him just thinking about her happiness more than being a couple.
Mar 9, 2017 6:27 PM

Dec 2012
Atsuya interrupting Ecchan & Hanabi's alone time.
Ecchan revealing her true feelings.
Hanabi still wants to be friends.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 9, 2017 6:31 PM

Mar 2015
At first, as I have watched the series progress, I wanted the mains to wind up with each other. I no longer want to see that. I want an ending I won't expect, so I am hoping to be surprised.
The sword that takes life gives life
Mar 9, 2017 6:33 PM

Feb 2017
Oh, gosh. What a sentimental episode!

It truly is really difficult to be in Ecchan and Hanabi's position. Ecchan still loves Hana, but she's decided to let her go, in a way, since she knows Hana is in love with someone else and that she used Hana's moments of vulnerability to seek pleasure and a weir kind of fulfillment for herself. On the other hand, Hanabi also acknowledges that she used Ecchan to replace the person that was missing for her, but she knows she cannot keep doing it because she accepted the fact that Ecchan loves her and and shouldn't be hurting her more for she cannot correspond Ecchan's feelings.

In a sense, none of them is better than the other because both of them used the other for their own reasons. Also, they recognized that they cannot keep lying to themselves and using the other, so it is better to end the charade there. The true hard thing is that Hanabi asked Ecchan to keep being friends, and that's a little selfish. But Ecchan accepted, so there's that.

Anyways, I just want to kick that b*tch sensei's ass. She's /obviously/ manipulating Mugi (even though Mugi knows he's being manipulated to begin with, but keeps fooling himself!). This just can end in tears, right?
Mar 9, 2017 6:47 PM

Jan 2011
That feeling when the yuri route is actually the best route but won't happen
Mar 9, 2017 6:48 PM

Sep 2014
I'm so glad a Ecchan and Hanabi relationship isn't happening. I'm not really a big fan of Ecchan. So when I wait a whole week and get an Ecchan-Hanabi centric episode it was a kind of a let down. Yet I'm glad about the result.
Mar 9, 2017 6:54 PM

Jun 2013
I'm so full of emotions right now. @-@

Seeing the Sanae x Hanabi route end so satisfactorily had me super happy for the two of them, but then that ending with Mugi and Akane made my stomach drop. I feel like barfing all over her perfectly fashionable underwear ヽ( `д´*)ノ

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 9, 2017 6:56 PM

Feb 2014
Goku said:
I'm so glad a Ecchan and Hanabi relationship isn't happening. I'm not really a big fan of Ecchan. So when I wait a whole week and get an Ecchan-Hanabi centric episode it was a kind of a let down. Yet I'm glad about the result.

Same here. She's so pushy imo. Kinda scary the way she always seems to force their friendly moments into creep ones (Oh we're at the library? Lemme finger you.). I like yuri but not this xD
Mar 9, 2017 7:23 PM

Jun 2015
Nice way for Ecchan to have some closure. It was done well. She knew she couldn't have a relationship with Hanabi, and decided not to see her again. Mugi is still with Akane. What an idiot.
Mar 9, 2017 7:28 PM
Jul 2016
Good episode to close ecchan x hanabi relationship, at i only one Whose favourit character is Moca :P she grew up from enoying child to happy and more mature girl
Mar 9, 2017 7:39 PM

Nov 2011
Damn man the Cousin ends up being one of the best characters, mainly because he has some COMMON SENSE. Also trying to protect his cousin who he wants to roll out, but alas.

Noriko shut up, like you're starting something with Hanabi yet helping her? Shut up ad just leave this anime forever.

God Dammit Mugi...what's with that Reply as well. "Sorry" Dude Mugi is a fucking bro. As long as he gets his he does not give a fuck.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 9, 2017 7:50 PM

Apr 2012
This is quite a fine episode.

Though it seems that Mugi is falling further into the trap..
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 9, 2017 8:57 PM

Sep 2016
> not afraid of showing people having a sex life, a long due change to the "OMG WE HOLDING HANDS QUICK SPILL SPAGHETTI" meme
> gorgeous soundtrack
> top-notch scene composition

And it's all so... consistent. Lerche truly outdid themselves. 10/10 AOTS.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Mar 9, 2017 8:59 PM

Jun 2014
Looks like things didn't work out between Hanabi and Ecchan. Sucks, but it was for the best that they cut things off now, since they both were basically using each other for selfish reasons.

Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for Mugi to get fucked over by Akane.
thebrentinator24Mar 9, 2017 9:02 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 9, 2017 9:01 PM
Apr 2013
This one was a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle overdramatic. Previously drama in this show ad been done in a rather understated way, but this one was full blown cry in the rain.

Still good though, probably gonna round out with a 8-9 provided it doesn't jump the shark
Mar 9, 2017 9:03 PM

Jul 2008
that endig tho... that biatch Akane.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Mar 9, 2017 9:05 PM

Aug 2010
katsu044 said:
That feeling when the yuri route is actually the best route but won't happen

i'm fuckin' crying.
Mar 9, 2017 9:12 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode, there was some good yuri but not enough. XD

I'm really liking Ecchan's cousin, and
SoraSenpai said:
Damn man the Cousin ends up being one of the best characters, mainly because he has some COMMON SENSE.

^This right here is why. He's the one making Hanabi and Ecchan face things head on.

Closure to Ecchan's story, she knew she couldn't be with Hanabi, To be honest Hanabi should've been able to understand how much Ecchan loved her from the start. She was similar to her in the sense that she was Ecchan's unrequited love just like Kanai was to her. Glad to see that Hanabi finally stepped up and told Ecchan that she still wanted to be friends no matter what.

Damn it, Mugi. :(
Mar 9, 2017 9:17 PM

Jun 2015
...so does that mean the Yuri is over? :( Damn, that was so good. Ecchan is the one who really loves Hanabi lol it wouldn't have surprised me if that route was the one the show ultimately went down. Man, it's just going to leave a sour taste in my mouth if Hanabi and Mugi end up together though...
Mar 9, 2017 9:43 PM

Dec 2014
well I kinda liked this episode...I would've been pissed if Hanabi ended up with the dude..I think she will find someone else...for sure
Mar 9, 2017 9:47 PM
Sep 2016
Lots of people seem to not get Mugi whatsoever. He's not some insensitive dick. The person he longed for his entire life is finally letting him be with her, no matter how false a relationship it is. How could he not want that? Obviously he's going to end up with Hanabi in the end. But for now he's living out his self-destructive delusions, which are definitely going to come back to bite him regardless. Let's not delude ourselves into thinking that Hanabi is some saint. We all know that she would have left Mugi in a heartbeat if her love had reciprocated. It just baffles me that some people seem incapable of relating to the characters in this show, maybe your love lives have all gone much better than mine or something. I see Mugi as almost a Shinji-like character in that everyone seems to hate him for his flaws but no one seems ready to see that those same flaws are what makes him such a great character and the show itself great as well. Blanket statements like, "Oh fuck Mugi, he's such an ass," just tell me that you're probably not fully understanding or appreciating the show.
Mar 9, 2017 10:02 PM

Dec 2015
This slut of a teacher is still devouring Mugi's soul...
Mar 9, 2017 10:11 PM

Sep 2015
I'm so proud of Hanabi, Ecchan and Mocca. they all are moving on! Hanabi being brave and taking the initiative with Ecchan to try and maintain friendship whilst still ending their relationship.
Mocca always had it easy. Most honest with herself and her feelings. Never had problems expressing them so when she was rejected she got over it much quicker. An example Hanabi should follow tbh.
BUT I like Hanabi a lot as is, so she don't need to change :P
Waifu of teh season.

Mean while slut teacher is like some drug to Mugi. He is literally crying as he said "Minegawa sensei"
Like what the literal F***. Like some sort drug addiction. Or more correctly sex addiction? Well from what I know, people tend to struggle and also get depressed over drug addiction, though they still sue it. never heard of that for sex addiction. so IDK which one is more similar. Or maybe at this point more like hypnotism or mind control :/
She is literally destroying him.
I feel for him though. At first I liked him then I didn't and now I feel sorry for him.

Hanabi needs to save the day :P
zcv45Mar 9, 2017 10:18 PM
Mar 9, 2017 10:24 PM

Jan 2015
SimplyKairi said:
Please don't mind about it. Just... Let's just focus about Hanabi and Ecchan's fun to-be alone vacation for now which seems "ruined" because of Ecchan's cousin come along too, shall we? XD
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 9, 2017 10:30 PM

Dec 2015
Mascera said:
SimplyKairi said:
Please don't mind about it. Just... Let's just focus about Hanabi and Ecchan's fun to-be alone vacation for now which seems "ruined" because of Ecchan's cousin come along too, shall we? XD
I was so happy watching them this ep but then they showed that slut at end and ruined my mood
Mar 9, 2017 10:32 PM

Jan 2015
SimplyKairi said:
Mascera said:
I was so happy watching them this ep but then they showed that slut at end and ruined my mood
Oh yeah, "that" part. Whoops, sorry. Can't argue with that part. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 9, 2017 10:56 PM

Aug 2014
MyBUSHIDO said:
Preview for Episode 10 already streamed.
And I translated and subtitled it.

https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=799684

Ebato (Ecchan) is my favorite.
She is beautiful, whatever she is.

could you tell me where did you find the trailer? I don't think it's attached to episode 9..
And at this point, I think anyone who finished episode 9 would think Ebato is beautiful. Since Hanabi seems to know how much Ecchan loves her, I'd be pretty mad if she still chooses Mugi over her.
Mar 9, 2017 11:28 PM

Apr 2015
Very good flow in this episode imo
I guess Ecchan and Mugi will come back to school soon, right?
Mar 10, 2017 12:01 AM
Feb 2016
how i want anime to end
1) ecchan with hanabi
2) mugi with that princess loli (don't know her name)
3) don't care about other characters but most of all akane should die with std😂
Mar 10, 2017 12:54 AM

Nov 2010
As a total, some problems were solved relatively nicely in this episode. But I don't see any use of that impudent cousin in the episode and he made me irritated. Anyway only the female teacher and Mugi are still in the swamp. Since they know each other well, it's their choice.
Mar 10, 2017 1:13 AM

Apr 2016
The irony I was smiling at : did the mangaka create the cousin for karmic retribution? He is like Ecchan, a pushy stalker in love and I'm sure if he had had the psychological ascendancy on Ecchan like Ecchan had on Hanabi, he would already have gotten in bed with her.

He is not useless though and unlike Ecchan he is not into getting his love interest psychologically destroyed, he is the one who helps his cousin and Hanabi to come to an end, as far as their unhealthy relationship goes. I wonder if the last scenes with Ecchan is pointing at a bi-resolution for her. Hanabi is bisexual but Ecchan was presented like lesbian 100% so far, not bisexual. We'll see (or not).

The struggle around the "let's be friend" feels real. That's a mature romance for you.

Moka - Hanabi argument is usually a flag for future friendship. We'll see.
Ysad_ZiwezhanMar 10, 2017 1:25 AM
Mar 10, 2017 1:36 AM

Dec 2014
Well honestly I want Hanabi to just move on now and forget about Mugi and Akane and all that, I wanted them to be together at first and some form of relationship could still be salvaged from this train wreck I suppose but I don't think it's really worth the effort at this point
Mar 10, 2017 1:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
nerdokingoftrash said:
> not afraid of showing people having a sex life, a long due change to the "OMG WE HOLDING HANDS QUICK SPILL SPAGHETTI" meme

This. It get's so tiresome to see characters in anime/manga acting like if they'd been shot with a stun gun when they just a finger on them.

Akane is nasty and manipulating but I just know that I'd fall in that dark abyss of hers too. She must be a hurricane in bed.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 10, 2017 4:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
InceptionLoop said:
Farabeuf said:

This. It get's so tiresome to see characters in anime/manga acting like if they'd been shot with a stun gun when they just a finger on them.

Akane is nasty and manipulating but I just know that I'd fall in that dark abyss of hers too. She must be a hurricane in bed.

Nah it should be easy, he should've just fuck her once, ditch her and go to Hanabi.

I don't know man, I think one ride in that rollercoaster makes you an addict. I fear that it's not him that'd going to do the ditching, but her, and in the worst way possible.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 10, 2017 4:05 AM

May 2016
i feel sad for ecchan. i was just about to ship her and hanabi. just as fucked up as ever. also the last scene...
Mar 10, 2017 4:07 AM
Dec 2016
I'm so glad a Ecchan and Hanabi relationship isn't happening。。

after watching this I said 浴衣!!、
Mar 10, 2017 4:19 AM

Dec 2009
There is actually no better way it could have gone for Hanabi and Sanae. Hanabi doesn't fully requite Sanae's feelings, but she truly wants to be closer than friends with her, ant doesn't dislike the playing around. A fake 1-sided relationship would be torture for Sanae, and Hanabi would feel empty, and it would be sad all around. This way there is still a potential for them getting together in the future, meaning it's not hole lost for yuri lovers, this is actually the only way there is hope.

Akane x Mugi is sexy, and it means that Narumi could be freed and available to reassess with Hanabi. Even if i want Hanabi x Sanae more than anythin, as i would treat a real person, their happiness is most important.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 10, 2017 4:32 AM

Apr 2009
Her hat though. Lol'd harder than I should have

« KILL WITCHES GET BITCHES »
– official 魔法少女 “mahou shoujo“ credo
Mar 10, 2017 5:12 AM

Apr 2016
really liked the way they handled that relationship between Hanabi and Ecchan (Y)

Mugi ..
Mar 10, 2017 6:19 AM

May 2015
(The arrows are quotes from my previous discussion post.)

>This kind of wraps up Ecchan's story line for me, with the recent appearance of Atsuya we have another player on the field. I can tell you that I am 99% sure Ecchan will wind up with Atsuya just from watching this episode (Haven't read the manga, so idk what happens in that) just from the sheer fact that with the relationship between Atsuya and Ecchan wraps up the difficulties between her and Hanabi, futhermore the relationship between Hanabi and Mugi.

Looks like they wrapped up Ecchan's storyline faster than I thought. From the emotional scene in the rain where they confess and try to work things out as friends, they bid farewell and in the scene shortly after in the next morning, Ecchan says "I will try trusting you" to Atsuya. Finally! Atsuya gets Ecchan to open up to him and we get Ecchan out of the way! Win win.

Looks like Mugi is being drawn further into the depths of his sexual relationship with Akane and it doesn't look like he is going to end it anytime soon as he knows he is being deceived but he can't stop his urges and Akane just loves the feeling she gets when Mugi gives her so much attention.

I guess it depends on if Mugi has the willpower to step back from Akane and give himself some clarity into how it feels to be Hanabi right now, while he shakes her off Hanabi will probably get more worried and stumble upon them in the act, engages in eye contact with Mugi, runs out in tears with Mugi following her. This would probably lead to Akane getting pissed at Mugi and tries to pull off something.

However I still don't know what Kanai is doing at this point. Does he still have a role to play? Is he still in a relationship with Akane? Does he know she is "cheating" on him? We have yet to see an episode from Kanai's POV to clear everything up and it's probably going to happen soon.
“You choose to be hurt rather than to hurt others, right?
You’re nice and wonderful.
But while it seems like you are choosing both,
you’re really forsaking both.”
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2017

436 by Relp1905 »»
May 11, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.