Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 9, 2016 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was weird...

I think the show is trying to portray a dark story with the zombies but I cant' take it fully seriously. Out of the main characters, we do have one badass female doing the fighting while the others reacts strangely to the events around them. I think the comedy part really feels off at a lot of times though.

Just a weird episode in general, not really impressed just yet.
Jul 9, 2016 6:43 AM

Jul 2014
The much awaited chinese cartoon is finally here!
Jul 9, 2016 6:47 AM

Nov 2012
Awww wow! it was amazing :D
Jul 9, 2016 7:22 AM

Sep 2015
I was surprised when I heard chinese names xD But I will get used to it probably (the title has no chinese words so I didn't expect that)

I want to say that this first episode was good, but the plot is unclear for the moment
Jul 9, 2016 7:29 AM

Feb 2012
Wow that was really boring.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Jul 9, 2016 7:57 AM

Feb 2014
not bad , lets hope the powers won't ruin it
Jul 9, 2016 8:04 AM

Jul 2007
Liked the first ep.

Both female and male Mcs are quite eccentric. The female mc's apathy-attitude was downright hilarious to watch and the male MC had some very realistic reactions to everything going on around him.
And it seems the show won't be straight up zombie-action but instead have some sort of mystery behind it. Certainly intrigued.

7/10 for the show so far. Hope it keeps it up. I am sure people will be overly judgemental to this because "oh muh not animu not japanese"
AhenshihaelJul 9, 2016 8:39 AM
Jul 9, 2016 8:12 AM

Dec 2014
the show is closely linked to psycological...but couldn't actually make sense of what had atually happened
Jul 9, 2016 8:16 AM

Jan 2008
Well that turned out to be quite mediocre. I'm sure it'll get better, but only just. I'm at least intrigued enough to want to see where it's all going.

Jul 9, 2016 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
what the hell is the meaning of DT?

Jul 9, 2016 9:03 AM

Sep 2015
Oh. And I'm guessing this girl will have some tear jerking backstory, yes? Something that will make EVERYONE simply forget how in this episode she nearly buried someone alive with the intention of suffocating them so they die. Of course, no one will care about that though. They'll dub her 'waifu' or ship her and the MC instantly, because she's pretty and it doesn't matter what she does.
Jul 9, 2016 9:08 AM

Jul 2007
Angry_Always said:
Oh. And I'm guessing this girl will have some tear jerking backstory, yes? Something that will make EVERYONE simply forget how in this episode she nearly buried someone alive with the intention of suffocating them so they die. Of course, no one will care about that though. They'll dub her 'waifu' or ship her and the MC instantly, because she's pretty and it doesn't matter what she does.

Which is a common trope in most of anime including pretty much every show in your favorites.

Its not like she killed him.
Jul 9, 2016 9:16 AM

Jan 2015
I don't really get the "specific" idea of the story, even after read the synopsis. But I guess it won't be that much bother since the "general" probably just made around zombies and some super-powers.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 9, 2016 9:16 AM

May 2014
This was really good I am really amazed
P.S. This will have incest
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 9, 2016 9:34 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Well, it was alright i guess. Could end up being a nice watch or easily being bad.

PS: Is it me or this summer there's way more metal openings than usual ? O_o
Not that i'm complaining tho, i'm actually pretty happy about this.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 9, 2016 9:41 AM

Sep 2015
Fai said:
Angry_Always said:

Which is a common trope in most of anime including pretty much every show in your favorites.

Well actually, I took a look back at my favourites. None of them include that. Barakamon? Not that kind of anime. Gosick? Nope. Steins; Gate? Nope. Rokka no Yuusha? Understandable, except in that anime they were all warriors in a deadly warzone, clearly different. Seto no Hanayome? Maybe the midget shell girl, for comedy.

Also, 'it's not like she killed him' is something I see all the time. Too much in anime does someone do something that would have seriously done harm to another but it is forgiven because 'it ended up okay'. That isn't an excuse. Her intentions were to bury a man alive. There's no disputing that. Just because the bullet missed doesn't mean the killer didn't fire the gun knowing what it would do.

I view human life as very precious, and yes it's an anime but if I want to care about the story then I'll care about the characters in it, too.

What I'm saying is her attempt at murder will never lead to anything against her, and I find it very easy to imagine that she will have her life in danger at some point and she will be rescued heroically. Maybe she'll have a 'eats something adorably' scene that is used to wipe away past violence.

Like the girl in the new 'taboo tattoo' who after beating a poor young man senselessly, has a scene where she cutely drinks a hot beverage like a kitten. Or the blue haired bitch in 'bokuko no grynhildr' who after attempting to take away a kind boy's entire life, had a scene where she ate adorably around a town and all was forgiven because she was 'kawaii'.
Jul 9, 2016 9:46 AM

Feb 2015
I take it that this is some watered down version of Tokyo Ghoul.
It was decent, but I think I'll skip the remaining 12 episodes.

Jul 9, 2016 9:55 AM
Feb 2015
Angry_Always said:

and I'm guessing the so-called baddas 'waifu' gonna turn into useless damsel in distress later on. @_@
let's hope that I'm wrong~
Jul 9, 2016 9:57 AM

Jun 2013
I thought the first episode was pretty impressive.
Jul 9, 2016 10:18 AM

Sep 2015
atlas222 said:
Angry_Always said:

and I'm guessing the so-called baddas 'waifu' gonna turn into useless damsel in distress later on. @_@
let's hope that I'm wrong~

Hope so. I hate it when they introduce a character, (usually but not always female) and make her powerful then make them a victim for the main character to save.

I especially hate it when the victim is a horrible person like someone who'd bury an innocent stranger alive.
Jul 9, 2016 11:22 AM

Jan 2013
The persistent bitching and whining of the MC was the epitome of annoyance. Dropped.
Jul 9, 2016 11:44 AM

Jan 2014
Angry_Always said:
Fai said:

Well actually, I took a look back at my favourites. None of them include that. Barakamon? Not that kind of anime. Gosick? Nope. Steins; Gate? Nope. Rokka no Yuusha? Understandable, except in that anime they were all warriors in a deadly warzone, clearly different. Seto no Hanayome? Maybe the midget shell girl, for comedy.
-Every character in Re Zero
-Kiryuu Moeka,Suzuha,Mr.Braun,Kurisu's dad from Steins Gate
-Rokka no Yuusha
-Everyone from Akame Ga Kill

nothing from barakamon and sorry didnt watch the others
Jul 9, 2016 11:58 AM

Sep 2015
LoneWizard said:
Angry_Always said:

-Every character in Re Zero
-Kiryuu Moeka,Suzuha,Mr.Braun,Kurisu's dad from Steins Gate
-Rokka no Yuusha
-Everyone from Akame Ga Kill

nothing from barakamon and sorry didnt watch the others

Akame ga Kill- World in peril, main characters are assassins. Completely different circumstances. Death is not treated lightly in this show. It is shown as the horror it is.

Rokka No Yuusha- Like I said. No pointless deaths, it was kill or be killed in their minds. Plus the murder attempts were treated with a very serious and dangerous tone.

Steins; Gate- Those would be murderers were either criminals or manipulated. The criminals such as Mr Braun ended up in a timeline where it didn't happen so he couldn't be punished. Also he is painted as a clear villain.

Re:Zero- Genuine reasoning. Also 'every character'? Complete stretch. Rem killed him twice based off of the genuine association with the witches and her terrible past. Roswaal maybe in manga but he is also painted as sinister, not a 'kawaii' girl like the onee san in this anime.

Barakamon of course not.

In the anime we are discussing, the girl nearly subjected an innocent male to a torturous death and it is clear she won't be held accountable for her actions. If anything it will be referenced as comic relief.

That I cannot stand.
Jul 9, 2016 12:05 PM

Jan 2014
@Angry_Always
You are mistaking "what you said and Fai responded" with "whats on your mind"...You didnt mention anything about "Pointless deaths" or "Death being treated lightly" in your initial comment:

You complained about a trope where people who did bad stuff ends up being shown as a good guy after a tearjerking backstory...Which exactly happens in almost all of your favorites...

Read what you said in your first post again,what you said in your first post and last post doesnt match...keep in mind that people cant see whats in your head,we can only respond to things you wrote...(i,too make that same mistake all the time)

And be careful,you wrote lots of spoilers in your last comment
Jul 9, 2016 12:14 PM

Jul 2015
DT Means Virgin. Learned that from Ixion Saga DT
Jul 9, 2016 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
Rather weird start for me, I felt like the execution could have been handled a lot better but I don't know. Felt rather uninterested in the moment.
Jul 9, 2016 12:41 PM

Oct 2013
I don't get it...
I laughed half of the episode to preserve my sanity.

My mind blew up. I'm giving it 2-3 episodes. If stuff are still so unclear/illogical it's a drop.
Jul 9, 2016 12:42 PM

Feb 2015
Okay first episode, the zombies felt a bit out of place, but I'm sure it'll come together later.
Jul 9, 2016 1:06 PM

Oct 2012
Ok episode.

Has anyone ever read the original source? How was it?
Jul 9, 2016 1:09 PM

Feb 2015
i enjoyed it but i don't think there are any impressive aspect/content in this episode. it's just generic imo. the reason why i enjoyed it because of the atmosphere or you could say because of the soundtrack too. sub-reason; because of the animation. looks kinda dark and cool.

put that aside, zombie came out from underground moreover from the grave, that is WAYYYY tooo classic lol xD i was expecting something like Zombieland : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1156398/ but that was what i got. kinda dissapointing. if they focused more on the zombie and put away the supernatural content it would probably looked way better than this imo.

but anyway, i'm still gonna watch it cause i'm curious about the story even tho it's kinda generic in my eyes.
Jul 9, 2016 1:10 PM

May 2016
Worst MC ever. He literally just watches the woman bury him instead of just simply getting up and run away.
Jul 9, 2016 1:18 PM

Sep 2015
LoneWizard said:
@Angry_Always
You are mistaking "what you said and Fai responded" with "whats on your mind"...You didnt mention anything about "Pointless deaths" or "Death being treated lightly" in your initial comment:

You complained about a trope where people who did bad stuff ends up being shown as a good guy after a tearjerking backstory...Which exactly happens in almost all of your favorites...

Read what you said in your first post again,what you said in your first post and last post doesnt match...keep in mind that people cant see whats in your head,we can only respond to things you wrote...(i,too make that same mistake all the time)

And be careful,you wrote lots of spoilers in your last comment

I'll be careful about spoilers. But that was your only real valid point. In replying to Fai I attempted to explain my point of view in order to respectfully justify my points. Also, I believe twice I have explained that the animes on my favourites do NOT include pointless death.

The main character presented here was innocent and had done nothing to inspire a murder attempt. Nonetheless he was almost buried alive for no good reason. I treat the characters in anime with the same way I treat the story, caring about both.

A girl nearly buries alive an innocent man with NO cause, of course I would be upset.
Jul 9, 2016 1:21 PM

Feb 2015
Despite the MC being immensely stupid and some less than fluid animation, it wasnt that bad. I like the female MC enough to keep watching.
Jul 9, 2016 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
Chulan is quite stupid! He let Baobao buried him instead of running away!
Jul 9, 2016 2:01 PM
Mar 2016
Looks more like a kung fu spaghetti kind of supernatural.

And yes it's a Jap anime with a Chinese Theme in it, since they got the police uniforms wrong , I mean , the setting is in Taiwan, but the police uniforms were Macau and the graves were Hong Kong.
Jul 9, 2016 2:07 PM

May 2015
MAL Synopsis
One day, Zhang Chulan is attacked by zombies in a graveyard. In the midst of that situation, he saves the life of a girl, throwing the kitchen knife in his hand in order to kill the enemies. The girl tells Chulan, who is relieved, to face his hardships head on and leaves. However, Chulan later sees that girl again at his university. From that moment, Zhang Chulan's destiny begins to move......
----------------------------------------------------------

That’s not what happened (at least in the anime version).... synopsis needs to be fixed.
Chulan didn’t save anyone, Chulan didn’t have a kitchen knife, the girl didn’t tell Chulan to face his hardships; she just left him there after she got bored of killing zombies.

I don’t know. The episode was alright I guess. I was expecting this to feel more intriguing and mysterious, but that wasn’t really the case. I will give it a change for the time being though.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jul 9, 2016 2:59 PM

Jan 2014
Angry_Always said:
Also, I believe twice I have explained that the animes on my favourites do NOT include pointless death.
Again,your first comment never mentions something like "pointless death" please read it again
Jul 9, 2016 3:06 PM

Jan 2008
Wow... most boring zombie attack ever. Nobody seems to care about anything, except that one guy who was screming the dumbest things.
Jul 9, 2016 3:08 PM

Sep 2015
LoneWizard said:
Angry_Always said:
Also, I believe twice I have explained that the animes on my favourites do NOT include pointless death.
Again,your first comment never mentions something like "pointless death" please read it again

I implied that the girl was willing to subject an innocent man to a horrible death. Does that not imply a pointless death?
Jul 9, 2016 3:16 PM

Feb 2012
GoldenKappa said:
Worst MC ever. He literally just watches the woman bury him instead of just simply getting up and run away.
Lol I thought the exact same thing.
Jul 9, 2016 3:21 PM

Apr 2013
So was the MC playing dumb there not using his powers in front of her? Was that lightning strike his doing or what? This looks like on of those shows that make less sense with each passing week but I will give it a few episodes.
Jul 9, 2016 3:24 PM

Jan 2014
Angry_Always said:
LoneWizard said:

I implied that the girl was willing to subject an innocent man to a horrible death. Does that not imply a pointless death?
That was not the emphasis of your comment,anyways i wont pry further cuz i am getting bored...I will just presume english is not your main language and move on...
Jul 9, 2016 3:32 PM

Sep 2015
LoneWizard said:
Angry_Always said:

That was not the emphasis of your comment,anyways i wont pry further cuz i am getting bored...I will just presume english is not your main language and move on...

How very immature. Not only do you disregard a genuine argument, you have the nerve to imply that both I am inefficient in my native language and also that those who have English as a second language are less coherent than those who have it as their first.

This is a discussion of opinions and now from your ignorance I can conclude yours is of no worth whatsoever. I had hoped you and I could discuss intelligently but I see now that is an impossibility.

Spread your ignorance elsewhere.
Jul 9, 2016 4:06 PM

Apr 2016
I don't know how I feel about this anime.
It's the comedy that made this anime just "meh".
Other than that...
Well, I really can't say anything else.
It was fair at best. But that's just episode one. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
~Einstein
(~.~)

Jul 9, 2016 4:27 PM

Jan 2014
Angry_Always said:
LoneWizard said:

How very immature. Not only do you disregard a genuine argument, you have the nerve to imply that both I am inefficient in my native language and also that those who have English as a second language are less coherent than those who have it as their first.

This is a discussion of opinions and now from your ignorance I can conclude yours is of no worth whatsoever. I had hoped you and I could discuss intelligently but I see now that is an impossibility.

Spread your ignorance elsewhere.
This was never a discussion of arguments...your main argument was always RIGHT but you fail to see your first comment doesnt explain your point instead it distorted what you wanted to convey....

This was always a discussion to make you realise your comment doesnt convey what you are thinking properly
LoneWizzyJul 9, 2016 4:33 PM
Jul 9, 2016 4:34 PM

Apr 2014
I didn't see a psychological, dementia, horror, or even a thriller tag on this anime. Even though it also lacked a comedy tag, excusing the main character's stupidity came pretty naturally to me since this isn't an anime to take that seriously, which is sad since we really need more serious zombie anime.
Jul 9, 2016 5:06 PM
Oct 2014
Okay first episode
Jul 9, 2016 5:28 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Ehh, it's not bad I guess. Can't say it's very good either. Wonky animations and an unlikable protagonist is kinda ruining my experience. The series feels all over the place too :/

3/5
Jul 9, 2016 5:58 PM

Jan 2015
that was kinda good, I liked the badass female character looks mysterious and really cool, the MC though is clumsy but that was something he did even if I didn't see it, loved the opening, the ending wasn't bad either, I'm not used to chinese names guess it will take me time to learn them.
Jul 9, 2016 6:10 PM

Dec 2009
Zombies and super powers!? I'm in.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is this good???

RjtheGreat14 - Jul 20, 2023

6 by SakuraCosmos »»
Jul 22, 2023 1:55 AM

Poll: » Hitori no Shita: The Outcast Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

27 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:43 PM

Poll: » Hitori no Shita: The Outcast Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

40 by isamu_niraj »»
Jun 8, 2023 1:28 AM

» Original Chinese audio?

SleepyBear - Jul 30, 2016

4 by Yexel »»
Apr 4, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Hitori no Shita: The Outcast Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

35 by _Ph4nt0m_ »»
Sep 16, 2022 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.