Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 18, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, a little more of Aikiko in this show. I feel like her role has been rather underwhelming so far.

The buildup was alright regarding the terrorist bombing plot, felt like it's stretching a bit longer than I had expected though. I liked the action this episode when using the show's OST (similar from PV 1). Dazai is also awesome even though he took a few heavy hits. Didn't find it too surprising that Sasaki was in on the whole scheme whole time..

May 18, 2016 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
Meeting on the bomb. To stop the bomb and to find the culprit. The lady that was saved is social psychology professor, so she got involved in giving out her opinion about it. She thinks that the culprit might be related to the bomb incident before. lol @ her opinion on Hosoya-san's character's notebook.

HiroC's character got his "truth" solved. It was where the main guy didn't expect. Bomb found, but the three of them got phone calls at the same time. Another group with special skill is behind it. Wow, they were beaten badly, but once they are with the enemies of their field, they won. The lady is the real culprit. She did it to make her late boyfriend (culprit to previous bomb incident)'s ideal come true (?).

Incident with the medium hair lady next?
tsubasaloverMay 18, 2016 9:37 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 18, 2016 11:05 AM

Jan 2015

That since-first-episode Question occured, again. LOL Not to mention that Dazai just having fun for continue teasing Kunikida with Sasaki.
But seriously, I think their teamwork are like what Atsushi think... AMAZING.
The word said by Rokuzou, somehow reminds me of Hanekawa's signature word. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 18, 2016 11:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That episode ends kind of abruptly but it was still great

Daizai and Kunikida might hate each other to an extent lol but their chemistry together both as people and partners is outstanding

The conclusion of this mini arc was very sad though and I felt so bad for everyone that was involved....RIP you two poor souls
May 18, 2016 11:14 AM

May 2016
For some reason, the slapstick comedy, tone shifts, cool poses and fushoji bait started bothering me quite a lot in this episode. I can't relate to the characters and I'm not really interested in the story. I'm gonna finish it, though, as I believe it can still have a good ending like Episode 3.
May 18, 2016 11:20 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Could not get into this little story, don't know why but it felt off.
May 18, 2016 11:21 AM

Aug 2014
Looks like next ep we're back to manga. But I liked these 2 extra eps, they told us a bit about kunikida and dazai. That's nice.
May 18, 2016 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
SCEW YOU OP

why do you post a spoiler pic ?

WHY ?

WHY would you do that goshdarnit ???
May 18, 2016 11:44 AM

Sep 2009
Enjoyed this episode despite the abrupt scene changes and sudden ending. I guess that's it for the adaptation of the first LN. Wonder if the other two LNs will be adapted down the road.

The start was so lighthearted and comical then it got depressing at the conclusion :/ Dazai probably suspected Sasaki ever since they rescued her from the abandoned hospital, which explains why he was constantly keeping an eye on her.

And we are finally going back to the manga next week. Kyouka-chan!!
May 18, 2016 11:46 AM

Dec 2014
Their partnership is just awesome...
I guess I am kinda sad why the kid had to die as well though
May 18, 2016 11:50 AM

Jul 2007
KNEW IT IT WOULD TURN INTO TRAGEDY LOL. Nobuko and Kunikida's marriage was the unhappiest part of Kunikida Doppo's life, so it only fits that Nobuko's involvement would cause an awful tragedy for Doppo's life and cause an existential crisis shaking him to the very core.

Holy shit I love this show.
May 18, 2016 11:55 AM

Jan 2016
I thought the action scene was pretty well done.
May 18, 2016 11:58 AM

Jul 2015
Sherlupin said:
SCEW YOU OP
why do you post a spoiler pic ?

why do you click on a discussion thread before watching the episode ?

BTT: best episode so far. really like the fighting scene and the overall atmosphere of the episode
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
May 18, 2016 11:59 AM

May 2015
I was suspecting her since last episode but I let it slide because the taxi driver confessed. The problem with the reveal is that putting foreshadowing in the same episode of the reveal is not really foreshadowing and it was kinda obvious but ok.

The scene where all 3 were talking to the phone was really nice and best part of the episode.

The scene where they fought the guys with guns was very sloppy, cut some comedy and make that better, dammit.

Wasn't Dazai's power condition to touch the user? So why can he nullify that power without touching him?
zalMay 18, 2016 1:16 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2016 12:00 PM

Mar 2016
I think that these episodes would have been great as OVAs, but i loved them anyway. We're back to manga next week yess! Super excited for the next episode. i cant wait for chuuyas appearance in the anime!!
May 18, 2016 12:07 PM

May 2011
This tried to portray the drama in a convoluted way to add suspense and intrigue. But really it just comes off as contrived bullshit.

If you knew the women was behind the Azure messenger fiasco and would try and take out the kid or blonde guy, why let it play out?

lame half-assed shit.
May 18, 2016 12:11 PM

Aug 2013
how many PI does the agency have anyway ?

why was there only 4 members plus the chief and his assistant at the meeting ?
May 18, 2016 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
Cirris said:

If you knew the women was behind the Azure messenger fiasco and would try and take out the kid or blonde guy, why let it play out?

lame half-assed shit.

Because it fits Dazai's darker personality we saw glimpses of and Dazai specifically set up the situation to make a point to Kunikida?

zal said:

Wasn't Dazai's power condition to touch the user? So why can he nullify that power without touching him?

Not really. we only saw him touch the users when the user would use power on themselves(ex: atsushi).
He did not touch the port mafia guy and still nullified hims attack.

Sherlupin said:
how many PI does the agency have anyway ?

why was there only 4 members plus the chief and his assistant at the meeting ?

As shown by Rampo -others might be on other cases. We saw more members but its stupid to think they would only wok on one case at once.
May 18, 2016 12:16 PM

Feb 2015
This series does nothing for me, I don't care for the characters and the comedy even less. I will probably see the first season out. It's the most overrated show this season especially when Kuromukuro is rated 6.98
May 18, 2016 12:30 PM

Nov 2011
I really enjoyed this episode. Dazai and Kunikida team up was pretty awesome! I also felt bad for Kunikida at the end because now he lost a chick he liked, and he lost his boy. It's closure I guess but shitty closure.

Akiko episode next week though! I am hyped.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 18, 2016 12:37 PM

Apr 2016
I'm glad the anime is returning to the plot of the manga next week.

These past few episodes really didn't interest me much, I'm not sure why. I've been reading the manga recently and it's brilliant, but it's a lot darker and more serious than the anime has been. Dazai in particular messes around a lot less.

However, I saw a sudden flash of seriousness right at the end of this episode - perhaps it reminded him of his past. Also, did anyone notice he shot the girl three times, just like the Mafia do? Ooh, this is going to tie in beautifully with the next episode.

Yes, finally! Yosano is appearing more and more, and we saw a little more of Kenji too. I love Yosano in the manga, such a strong female character in a cast that is largely male and such a classy woman. And Kenji is just the sweetest thing.
May 18, 2016 12:47 PM

Sep 2015
Ow that end though
The fight was too short, but it was good (Atsushi the best secondary character)

Akiko next week *o*
May 18, 2016 1:11 PM

Mar 2016
zal said:
I was suspecting her since last episode but I let it slide because the taxi driver confessed. The problem with the reveal is that putting foreshadowing in the same episode of the reveal is not really foreshadowing and it was kinda obvious but ok.

The scene where all 3 were talking to the phone was really nice and best part of the episode.

The scene where they fought the guys with guns was very sloppy, cut some comedy and make that better, dammit.

I think cause the ability is connected between the user and the one getting attacked. If dazai touches the numbers on his hand, he could probably negate the ability. That's how I thought of it.

Anyways another good episode for Kunikida. I like how dazai tells him to beware not to let his ideals drive him down like the Azure king and That was the message these 2 episodes tried to convey. Dazai and kunikida switching in battle was cool. Each detective is getting introduced and having some spotlight . Next episode is Yosano, can't wait for it She's hot af. Also kunikida has got to have my favorite ability, recreating anything you saw and have knowledge of its form and function. People are still complaining about the comedy when it has already toned down, the only comedic scene was the one in the cafe when the dazai was messing with kunikida as usual lol , I like when he does that.
Shishou_23May 23, 2016 4:32 AM
May 18, 2016 1:15 PM

May 2015
@Fai @DragonSlayer_19
Thank you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2016 1:16 PM

Aug 2015
So far its the most solid show this season. Cant even understand why its only 7.60. Probably the only thing the show still lacks is in explanation of whats going on but man, I really cant come up with something bad about it.
May 18, 2016 1:20 PM

Sep 2015
I really liked this episode. Atmosphere, action, OST, everything was brillinat! Kunikida and Dazai are amazing team! 5/5
May 18, 2016 1:49 PM

May 2015
I think I enjoyed this episode the most so far. Previous episodes were alright, but I never really got into the show. I think this episode did something better to pull me into the story. But yeah, that end. Pretty cruel way to end things.

May 18, 2016 2:00 PM
Apr 2016
Might have been the best episode so far.
May 18, 2016 2:08 PM

Jun 2014
I thought that somehow, the Azure King was Kunikida himself, as they both have blond hair and green eyes. Guess I was wrong, but Sasaki did acknowledge that they looked similar. Pretty sad ending to this mini-arc. Now we get to see more of the sadist doctor, which is kind of good since she hasn't really been present so far.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 18, 2016 2:14 PM

Feb 2015
I had the feeling that she would turn out to have something to do with it, which is a shame, I quite liked her.
Kunikida's life is so tragic, he's a magnet for sad deaths.
May 18, 2016 2:20 PM

Apr 2014
The hacker guy was pretty cool, to bad he died (I think)
May 18, 2016 2:49 PM

Jan 2013
wat ? this was predictable but the reasoning was still dafag
May 18, 2016 3:29 PM

Dec 2015
Nice plot twist but kinda had a feeling she was in on it from the conversation at the start of the ep
May 18, 2016 3:35 PM

Nov 2013
Wtf why did he let him kill her...?
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
May 18, 2016 4:03 PM

Apr 2015
Sasaki turns out to be the Azure Messenger, and the ending becomes grim as Dazai and Kunikida stress over how she should have been dealt with. This arc was pretty decent although a bit dull on how things dragged out. Seems like Yosano's episode is next.
May 18, 2016 4:04 PM

Jul 2007
pkKodama said:

Dazai sees similarities between Kunikida and Azure King too and wants to teach him a lesson that his ideals might lead him to less than goodguy road, eventually.

He literally used the situation and it's conclusion to try to make a point to Kunikida about Kunikida's own obsession with ideals. He also most likely saw death as fitting punishment for her, while using her own methods(forcing someone else to dirty their hands)
AhenshihaelMay 18, 2016 4:09 PM
May 18, 2016 4:50 PM
Dec 2013
The pacing was too quick.
May 18, 2016 5:06 PM

Jan 2015
Ranpo ex Machina here to save the day. (Not that I'm particularly complaining. If anything, I should be annoyed about the predictable twist, but that doesn't bother me too much.)

May 18, 2016 5:11 PM

Mar 2008
Action scenes were pretty good. Does anyone know the name of number guy? Manga readers?

I like this show but my expectations were higher. It feels like this series are lacking something, but I don't know it yet. It's like they're trying to impress the audience, only to fail almost every episode.
May 18, 2016 5:36 PM

Apr 2013
Man I really hate shows that show the MC's power in the beginning and never revisit it till the end.
May 18, 2016 5:48 PM
May 2016
Was hoping to see some of Dazai suicidal episodes lol
May 18, 2016 5:51 PM

Dec 2013
Damn. I knew the moment she showed up last episode that she would be trouble, and yet the way that this concluded, with her following her ex-lover's will and not actually having any reason in her motives besides that, just makes her a hollow empty shell who really served no purpose at all (specially since she didn't really dirty her own hands even to the very end).

I can understand why Dazai would take this opportunity to make an object lesson out of the girl and the entire situation, but I still don't see the significance of killing her over bringing her to court and a fair trial. Giving her an instantaneous death does nothing for other victims of the Azure King (just the hacker kid). Plus, she's not even an extension of the Azure King in that sense. Picking up and following his ideals is one thing, but she ultimately failed at what she did, you would think that Dazai would've taken that into account when passing judgement on her crimes, no? Give her a fair trial and ship her to prison for life, whether or not she decides to end her own life after that should be down to her, and no one else should be made accomplice to such a decision. Somehow I feel sorry for hacker-boy for having to deal with this mess in the end.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 18, 2016 7:07 PM

Apr 2014
Hm, I don't remember seeing this scene or the girl in the manga...guess it's not important enough for me to remember.
No action again T^T
May 18, 2016 7:30 PM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
pkKodama said:

Dazai sees similarities between Kunikida and Azure King too and wants to teach him a lesson that his ideals might lead him to less than goodguy road, eventually.

He literally used the situation and it's conclusion to try to make a point to Kunikida about Kunikida's own obsession with ideals. He also most likely saw death as fitting punishment for her, while using her own methods(forcing someone else to dirty their hands)

Lol, sorry I made you waste your time answering my question. I wasn't asking for an explanation about why it happened, I was just expressing my indignation at the way how it ended xD. And even with all considered I just can't approve of what he did. The author wanted to make it seem like Kunikida was naive while Dazai was the wise one, but nah, even the perfect voice acting combined with the ending song didn't help him at all, Kunikida is a better human than Dazai.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
May 18, 2016 8:59 PM

Dec 2012
Lol Kunikida appearing behind Dazai & slapping him in the head. Looks like they found the bomb.
Great teamwork between Kunikida & Dazai switching their opponents to take them out.
So Sasaki was the Azure Messenger. Too bad she had to die.
Next week we finally get to see Yosano in action.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 18, 2016 9:03 PM

Dec 2014
Really good episode.
Laughed hard when Kunikida's ideal woman was rejected again XD

Pretty powerful ending especially when Dazai says "No one was wrong", It really hit Kunikida hard. In the end Justice is just a weapon used by both sides to justify themselves.
May 18, 2016 9:26 PM

Jan 2016
Best episode (for me at least) so far! Lots of action. I just get chills when the ED song starts in the end while they're still talking. I love those kinds of EDs. xD <3
May 18, 2016 9:45 PM

Jan 2014
I knew it was her from the moment she was introduced. God damn that ending though.. Daizai is pretty fucked up to do that... setting people up to die to prove a point... I think he's the one that needs help, not Kunikida.
May 18, 2016 9:54 PM

Jun 2015
That action scene was pretty awesome.
:)
May 18, 2016 11:10 PM

Dec 2009
Araneae said:
Looks like next ep we're back to manga. But I liked these 2 extra eps, they told us a bit about kunikida and dazai. That's nice.

It was nice but my hopes of the anime reaching the fight with those two teaming up has fallen a lot. I don't think they could make it to that even with the second season unless they cut stuff, now that they've added anime original things. Oh well, the episode was still entertaining.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

369 by Lord-Commissar »»
Jun 8, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2016

244 by gladiusm »»
May 13, 7:45 PM

» Writing is more miss than hit; will it get better?

BiobulletM - May 3

30 by BiobulletM »»
May 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

159 by yahn0928 »»
Apr 2, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2016

144 by Majutsuishi »»
Apr 1, 8:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.