Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 7, 2016 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man the rage of this episode.

Another bloody battle and 666th's own comrades gets into more debates on the battlefield lol. I'm at least glad to see Theordor fighting for what he believes in. Not everything has to be following every order from the superiors. Decent action. I think it's about time humanity gained some ground against the BETA until the Fortress types showed up D:

Feb 7, 2016 9:26 AM

Jan 2008
WOW, One Punch Girl (SARCASM)
Feb 7, 2016 9:40 AM
Jan 2016
I don't remember that Marai scene in the source material. I think it's another anime original scene, like Kurt's death or the execution scene in episode 01.

They're doing a bit of a disservice to the story adding scenes to portray the stasi as completely evil generic villains. They even got rid of the factionalism that had gripped the stasi by 1983.
Feb 7, 2016 11:34 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, The East redeemed temselves in this episode, making a nice EPIC COMEBACK FROM EP 4, also, dat ENDING AFTER CREDIT T____T
Feb 7, 2016 11:46 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The Fort class was scary as hell but they took care of it rather quickly I think.Theodor starting to show some good fighting moves.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 7, 2016 11:49 AM
Jan 2016
unlike previous BETA anime, this one have less talking and more BETA killing. I love it.
Feb 7, 2016 12:11 PM

Sep 2014
Digging the action of the series. Stasi as always up to no good though >:D
Feb 7, 2016 12:59 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That got action packed in the second half

3/5
Feb 7, 2016 1:23 PM

Jul 2015
Enjoyed this episode a lot. It's a shame this is so underrated. Pacing didn't feel rushed and the action in the second half was very well done.
Feb 7, 2016 1:46 PM

May 2015
Well, that shit got intense. That Fort class was enormous, holy shit, and just as fucking ugly. That ending. Those filthy Stasi again.

Feb 7, 2016 1:48 PM

Jul 2009
Question is there like some hierarchy in the 666 battalion as to whose the best pilot? For example it seemed like Theodor and Irisdina are supposed to be better because they took on the fortress-class (and perhaps Theodor is better than Iris because she didn't want him to die? Or maybe that was just emotions).
Feb 7, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2015
Awesome action during the second half. It's amazing how even the mission briefing parts are really interesting unlike Solar Eclipse.
Feb 7, 2016 3:17 PM

Jul 2015
Inugirlz said:

I'm not too sure, but I think it was mentioned that Theodor is considered the best in hand-to-hand combat (he adopted a shield and knife approach--think Roman phalanx). Irisdinia is also very skilled as well--as stated in this episode, she is the reason their squad is still alive.

As far as having a hierarchy, I don't see one. I mean, unless you want to do it by rank, then it's Irisdinia as the captain and Gretel as the commissar, who holds all political jurisdiction and is on equal terms with the captain.
SonoumiFeb 7, 2016 3:21 PM
Feb 7, 2016 5:07 PM

Jul 2012
Another pretty good episode, the first half was good in a way to show the disdain between the East and West with some fights between them plus the lieutenant having problems with command for making the east look bad and some more of Lise looking like she might be part of the Stasi. The second half though was really well done, I loved the action that we had plus finally East and West work together was nice to see. Overall everything seemed like everything was going good in this episode till we see at the end Stasi got some info and it looks like there might be big trouble in the next episodes.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4jSkg7wsXY&feature=youtu.be
Feb 7, 2016 5:11 PM

Sep 2013
Farabeuf said:
The Fort class was scary as hell but they took care of it rather quickly I think.Theodor starting to show some good fighting moves.

Yeah, it was horrible to look at, and that sword coming out of it .. just an awesome inclusion among the weak BETA army .. at one point I thought it took care of Irisdina, but I guess she somehow survived :P
Feb 7, 2016 5:14 PM

Apr 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man the rage of this episode.

This is what I came for lol. Anyway, the epicness get better.
Feb 7, 2016 5:34 PM
Jan 2016
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
Raishin said:

I'm not too sure, but I think it was mentioned that Theodor is considered the best in hand-to-hand combat (he adopted a shield and knife approach--think Roman phalanx). Irisdinia is also very skilled as well--as stated in this episode, she is the reason their squad is still alive.

As far as having a hierarchy, I don't see one. I mean, unless you want to do it by rank, then it's Irisdinia as the captain and Gretel as the commissar, who holds all political jurisdiction and is on equal terms with the captain.

Beatrix and Theodor are the two best and most skilled pilot Schwarzesmarken, and the two are the best in fighting hand-to-hand, they are at a level above the others.

Outside of his CIWS skills, Theo is considered an above average pilot, but not top tier. Iris is considered to be the best, and just a smidge better than Beatrix. The point is moot, however, since Beatrix has Mig-23s and 27s while Iris is stuck with a 21. The best pilot in SM would be Jürgen, Irisdina's brother and the guy who kinda wrote the book on TSF piloting, but he's dead. Best living pilots in SM would likely be Walter, Beatrix, and Irisdina.

Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
Great_Manatee said:
I don't remember that Marai scene in the source material. I think it's another anime original scene, like Kurt's death or the execution scene in episode 01.

They're doing a bit of a disservice to the story adding scenes to portray the stasi as completely evil generic villains. They even got rid of the factionalism that had gripped the stasi by 1983.

on the official website of the show in Japanese, the anime has beginning in 1984.

Official website says:

http://www.age-soft.co.jp/Product/sm/ said:
1983年。異星起源種BETAの侵略を受けている東ドイツは絶望的な消耗戦を強いられていた。
その状況下で"東ドイツ最強"と称される、第666戦術機中隊「黒の宣告」に所属する
テオドール・エーベルバッハ少尉は国も人も信じず、己が生き残るために戦い続ける衛士であった。

First line states 1983.

The events of SM kick up on 20th December 1982 and end on 28th March 1983 (discounting the epilogue and side material).

Also, I want to clarify my statement on Marai's interrogation and execution. It did happen in the LN (Volume IV), but Beatrix wasn't involved in it. They're really going out of their way to make her as heinous as possible, and I don't know how to feel about that.
Great_ManateeFeb 7, 2016 5:43 PM
Feb 7, 2016 5:56 PM

Apr 2010
The episode was nice except for that final scene.
Well it was expected the Stasi would pull something but i kinda liked these few episodes without them.
The question is what will this mean for the unit and for the army and what will they do in future episodes.

It also seems that not only the Stasi is using self destroying tactics judging by the majors reaction about assisting the UN with those Laser class.
It really is no wonder that the country is disliked.
Feb 7, 2016 6:03 PM

Jul 2009
Great_Manatee said:
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:

Beatrix and Theodor are the two best and most skilled pilot Schwarzesmarken, and the two are the best in fighting hand-to-hand, they are at a level above the others.

Outside of his CIWS skills, Theo is considered an above average pilot, but not top tier. Iris is considered to be the best, and just a smidge better than Beatrix. The point is moot, however, since Beatrix has Mig-23s and 27s while Iris is stuck with a 21. The best pilot in SM would be Jürgen, Irisdina's brother and the guy who kinda wrote the book on TSF piloting, but he's dead. Best living pilots in SM would likely be Walter, Beatrix, and Irisdina.

Got it, thanks for the clarification minna-san! So basically just looking at the 666, Irisdina is the best followed by Theodor.

When they mentioned she was the only reason they were considered the best I thought so but I also thought it might be mostly because of her tactics/leadership and not her piloting skills.
Feb 7, 2016 6:35 PM

Feb 2016
Inugirlz said:
Great_Manatee said:

Got it, thanks for the clarification minna-san! So basically just looking at the 666, Irisdina is the best followed by Theodor.

When they mentioned she was the only reason they were considered the best I thought so but I also thought it might be mostly because of her tactics/leadership and not her piloting skills.

you can just ignore Great_Manatee/Irisdina fanboy -.
Beatrix and Theo the best pilots -.
Tekken02Feb 7, 2016 6:42 PM
Feb 7, 2016 7:26 PM

Jul 2009
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
Tekken02 said:

you can just ignore Great_Manatee/Irisdina fanboy -.
Beatrix and Theo the best pilots -.

I was going to say the same, but I wanted to avoid confusion.

during the story and through the struggles it is easy to see who has more skill, stands out more and who is the best.

he probably forgot that what is written in LN including the fights will be animated, including the fight where Irisdina is defeated and crushes completely by Beatrix. And the fight where Theodor defeat and destroy Beatrix.
It is not for nothing that in the end only the strong survive.

Ah in that case that makes me happy. I was hoping Theodor was the best. I like strong protagonists.
Feb 7, 2016 7:40 PM

Oct 2013
Another solid action packed with the our lovely typical Muv-Luv politics & some bickering(loved Anette's punch) between pilots, and another week of Scwharzesmarken being the most underrated anime of the season. Rating drop's further...

If I'm to have any complaints, it's that even a fort class in a more detailed fight against it is CGI, whereas it wasn't the case in Total Eclipse, although it's just a minor thing so I'm fine with it.

The tactics of squad 666 are always fun to watch, as in how they do a lot with what they got. No top tier TSFs like Takemikazuchis, Raptors or Bercuts(yes I know Germany wouldn't have those TSFs, just making a point). They focus fire the fort class's leg since they don't have the firepower to blow it up, they use their shields as weapons when needed(Lise saving Katia in the previous ep), they're great at cutting a path through the BETA to reach the laser class(though that's their specialty I guess).
Feb 7, 2016 7:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Most intense episode yet but sadly the girl left behind by that general guy was useless and fucked everything up -_-

You had one job
Feb 7, 2016 8:57 PM

Aug 2011
Oh shi~! It's the best episode for me.
Feb 7, 2016 9:39 PM

Jan 2011
liked this episode the most so far everything was going good for once then the ending god damnit

kinda surprised how there hasn't been any hints of a new or Special TSF
Feb 7, 2016 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
The action was really awesome.

God that after credits ending pissed me off though, I hope that bitch gets tortured and gets what's coming to her.
Feb 8, 2016 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
Episode very addictive, the narrative is music to my ears even if you overdo it at the end with a bit exaggerated kindness demonstrated by the West; the narrative pace is fast, but can also be there because the narrative has to run if he wants to tell what he has to say, given the small number of remaining episodes. The quality of the drawings and animation is good. imposing and nice soundtrack, the finish is excellent, and even manages to surprise me, because I imagined that it was anything but the character killed at the end of episode.

planetwarrior said:
WOW, One Punch Girl (SARCASM)

XD
Feb 8, 2016 7:28 AM

Jun 2013
oh man that was intense
Feb 8, 2016 8:04 AM

Feb 2008
Way to break up a catfight, Major!

A rather enjoyable episode indeed, especially that pre-credits scene of camaraderie, followed by that dreary scene after the ending... Empathising Stasi's wretched nature that much isn't necessary. A lovely and bloody laserjagd as well!

On another note, Lise's expression throughout the combat scenes was rather interesting, especially whenever anything Stasi-related was mentioned...
Feb 8, 2016 8:22 AM

Jan 2015
Dat bitch slap.

The fort-class was quite huge.
Feb 8, 2016 8:31 AM

Jan 2013
Best episode! Loved that fight and that ending was so great.
Happy to see them both cooperating.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 8, 2016 9:40 AM

Sep 2013
It's hard to get into this anime. I just find myself not caring about any of the characters. And 99% of the time you dont know what's happening because they dont even bother explaining stuff.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 8, 2016 12:00 PM

Feb 2015
Wow...wow..wow! we have a cat fight here XD NICE! scratch each other face more! XD
the short hair girl taking the fucking bait like an idiot XD
i like episode overall. it was a really good and intense fight in the second half, but that after credit scene....DAMMIT!
DAt two girl in the beginning, was freaking annoying and i dislike them. and the girl with the glasses too.
Feb 8, 2016 3:21 PM

Aug 2014
I'm liking this more and more each episode. I really, really hate people like that commissar/Major, it was totally okay to him that the westerners would die for failing - paying the price, as he put it. Screw humanity, right? Fuck your political situation.

There were several shots of Lise having a grim look on her face, guess we'll see what's her true deal soon, but she does seem to genuinely care about Theodor. I loved the Tower-class' appearance.

Any reason why Theodor was kinda surprised about the cross Irisdina wore?

4.5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 8, 2016 3:48 PM
Jul 2013
Maledict said:

Are you a black hole? How can you be so dense?
Feb 8, 2016 5:16 PM

Aug 2014
Movr said:
Maledict said:

Oh, lol. Had a feeling it was just that, but so far he hasn't expressed anything of the sort, and since there is minimal fanservice in this show, I actually thought it was the cross.

Guess Theodor ain't immune to that.
Feb 8, 2016 7:15 PM

Apr 2012
Movr said:
Maledict said:

dammnit I also thought the cross had some significance.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 8, 2016 10:57 PM

Jun 2014
Just Stasi doing shady stuff in the background says no one in the anime. You'd think they would at least assign some sort of monitoring system to avoid the abductions by the group.

The laser classes seemed to be quite slow in this episode? Theodor got hit by the last one which is strange... Other than that OK episode.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Feb 9, 2016 8:38 AM
Apr 2015
Liked previous episode more than this one. Probably because everytime i see beatrix she makes me cringle...
Feb 9, 2016 11:06 AM

Aug 2014
^ So what, lots of other anime threads have people clarifying things from the source material for one reason or another. The thread also says: "DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE" right after, and nothing from the LN beyond this episode is discussed.

I knew it was the cross Theodor was looking at.
MaledictFeb 9, 2016 11:14 AM
Feb 9, 2016 12:41 PM

Jan 2008
Whatever happen to Soldier-Class BETA?

I mean these guys are fun to watch as well.

Feb 9, 2016 2:12 PM
Jan 2016
planetwarrior said:
Whatever happen to Soldier-Class BETA?

I mean these guys are fun to watch as well.

Soldiers don't appear until the 90's.
Feb 9, 2016 5:37 PM

Sep 2013
Maria's interrogation maybe involving truth serum and torture. So sad she died in horrible way
Feb 10, 2016 4:52 AM

Feb 2014
i found a very good youtube video line, that shows how german is schwarzesmarken ... very interesting but bad bad english from that german guys ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30y0MQGOEVo
Feb 10, 2016 5:03 PM

Jun 2013
Very good episode, this is turning out to be a very solid anime.
Feb 10, 2016 5:27 PM

Jul 2014
This anime is turning better and better, the character development is very good, specially in Theodor, Irisdina and Anett.

I still can't trust this so called Eberbach's sister, she's too good to be true.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2016 7:59 PM

Oct 2008
Lisa eye gazes...I'm beginning to having doubts if she's hiding something...
btw...that was an intense episode! Theodor was badass!
Is Theodor looking at the cross necklace of Isirdina? or just at her boobs?
anywayz, it's about time that Megane girl disobeyed her political superior! but she still have death flag!
5/5.

Feb 14, 2016 4:20 PM

Feb 2013
Decent action again. Harem +1 it seems.
Feb 21, 2016 2:55 AM

Jul 2008
And here come the Stasi to tear them down.
Feb 22, 2016 2:23 AM
Mar 2012
Very cool battle against fort & cute laser bugs. Awesome how Theodor tanked the laser charging with a tiny knife.
With so few TSF/soldiers is the East really that poor? Or they just don't cooperate with everyone else?
Lise still seems like a spy, but Theodor seems safe since he's very loyal to his country.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

76 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.