Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 9, 2014 3:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's a lot of people dead...

Madara enters the battle again in this fight. Anyways, it looks like their plan is about to kick in full force with the red moon in the sky and all.
Oct 9, 2014 4:28 AM

Jul 2013
Lol Kurama and Naruto XD
Sage mode + Kurama's powers! :D
Minato and Naruto working together yet again

Hagoromo and Kaguya Ootsutsuki ;o

Damn, so many people dead. Naruto almost gone too.

That's the end of Naruto chapter 646 'God tree'

Next ep, the Gokage, Orochimaru, Suigetsu and Karin show up huh.
Oct 9, 2014 4:28 AM

Jan 2013
What the fuck is even this shit?

Fucking Pierrot ruining that moment.
Oct 9, 2014 4:31 AM

Jul 2007
I been waiting for this moment. Finally the Divine tree reveals it self and at last we get the full true history behind the origins of jutsu and the first introduction of Kaguya. I loved the style of music they chose here, it was very fitting for the zombie like graveyard and the tree killing everything.

Well the battle was fun well it lasted, but finally things are escalating.

-Klad- said:

Yeah the animation was partly good in some area's and terrible in others, but i really loved the use of CG when they were moving the camera up the tree.

Mod Edit: Merged double post. Please edit your previous post
TyrelOct 9, 2014 12:58 PM

Oct 9, 2014 4:47 AM

Jan 2013
link9us said:
-Klad- said:

Yeah the animation was partly good in some area's and terrible in others, but i really loved the use of CG when they were moving the camera up the tree.

It's safe to say that there wasn't any good animation in this episode. The animation feels forced and the action is awful to watch. The only "good" part was, as you said, the CG scene, that was truly frightening.
Oct 9, 2014 4:49 AM

Mar 2013
Holy shit, it keeps getting better and better. I like the idea of CGI but it looked they didn't put too much effort on it.
Oct 9, 2014 4:54 AM

Apr 2014
-Klad- said:

I just logged in to reply to this.
LMAO. He looks like a fucking kid LOL.
Anyways, the music was fantastic, and tears of epicness were in my eyes when I saw the Shinju killing the fodders in the alliance. They just turned into skeletons. Fuck that was creepy!
The animation was bad, although I loved the content in this episode.
Chapter 646 is one of my favorite chapters of the manga.
You have despair, deaths and revelations! Plus, Bijuu Sage Mode. That was awesome.
Oct 9, 2014 5:03 AM
Sep 2012
-FrozenRain- said:

Anyways, the music was fantastic, and tears of epicness were in my eyes when I saw the Shinju killing the fodders in the alliance. They just turned into skeletons. Fuck that was creepy!
You have despair, deaths and revelations! Plus, Bijuu Sage Mode. That was awesome.

Same here. Loved the content! And it's been a while since I sincerely laughed at jokes in Naruto, but the Kurama and Naruto scene had me giggling like a little girl.

Question: is it just me or do all the different Naruto Kyuubi modes just seem kind of the same, whereas earlier in the anime the differences were more clear. I don't see a lot of change in the Sage mode now, except for the explanation that his abilities will now affect the bad guy. The visual changes are just not that big and it seems to change all the time. Or is that just the bad animation?

Also, is there an explanation as to why Naruto's animation is so bad while it's such a popular show? I've seen short shows that suck but have very high quality animation. How does that stuff work?

Edit: I just notice that this is my first post on MAL ever. WOEE
Oct 9, 2014 5:08 AM

Jul 2012
Good good. Music is epic and we are getting close to the manga :)
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 9, 2014 5:14 AM

Apr 2013
holy shit naruto just turned into full on fantasy.

i do wonder if with all what is happening, hagoromo and/or kaguya will be reborn again
Oct 9, 2014 5:19 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting back story on how ninjas started. good episode.
Oct 9, 2014 5:27 AM

Jan 2013
-FrozenRain- said:
-Klad- said:

I just logged in to reply to this.
LMAO. He looks like a fucking kid LOL.

Yep, Nardo kun yep ;C
Oct 9, 2014 5:27 AM

Mar 2014
"Familiarity" is what strengthens your will to the extreme !! I've been waiting that bijuu + sage mode ~ .. so awesome !!
The Father and son tag team match-up vs the ten-tails obito ~ !! Two kyuubis fight as one !!
The Ten tail's final form !! the pillage of the Divine Tree !! and a History lesson from Madara Uchiha 's "dreams of the far future" !!
Another gruesome massacre of the opposing enemies ... this has to be stopped once and for all !!
Pretty great episode !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2014 5:33 AM

Jul 2014
I can't believe the anime has only just gotten up to chapter 646. That was published about a year ago. (Not that I would know because I caught up to the anime at episode 372.)
Oct 9, 2014 6:09 AM

Jan 2014
I have been waiting for the Sage-Kyuubi mode since the fight with Pain...Lol,even Naruto forgot it....And WHY are those peons still waiting there,watching the fight,they deserved to die...just go away already,stop being a hindrance...
Oct 9, 2014 6:11 AM

Dec 2013
Good episode, art and animation wasn't consistent, however there was great progression and I'm glad they brought back the older OST at the beginning of the episode.

4/5
Oct 9, 2014 7:43 AM

Dec 2012
What is the hair color of Kagyua and Hagaromo?
Oct 9, 2014 8:33 AM

May 2013
Father and son combo indeed. Kyuubi chakra and sage chakra combined is a tough power to conjure. Almost everyone got their chakra drained because of the final form of the Juubi.

The only thing that destroys the epicness is the animation. Next episode looks like the return of the 5 Kages and also Naruto and Sasuke tandem. Things should get pretty wild.

tsudecimo said:

Probably white.
Oct 9, 2014 8:39 AM

Apr 2014
The part with Naruto and Kurama really funny. So many dead.. Naruto almost got caught by the tree. Creepy. Madara giving us an explanation of the Shinobi past. Everything was great. xD
Oct 9, 2014 9:43 AM
Oct 2013
animation was shit at some scenes & amazing in others
but anw did u see sasuke's expression ( in the manga) when he saw naruto being fucked up?? its so sad but in the anime sasuke has no expression are u fucking kidding me, the dude shows his emotion like once every 200 chapters & u cut it?? naruto is ending in a month so just give us a good god damn shippuden
Oct 9, 2014 9:59 AM

Jul 2013
Seriously, why can't they properly animate/draw this already?
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Oct 9, 2014 10:09 AM

Jun 2014
What the actual fuck...
10 Tails final form = Tree of Good and Evil? Following this analogy, chakra = sin? wat..

Good to hear Akatsuki theme music again every now and then.
Oct 9, 2014 10:25 AM

Jul 2007
bilspleet said:
-FrozenRain- said:

Same here. Loved the content! And it's been a while since I sincerely laughed at jokes in Naruto, but the Kurama and Naruto scene had me giggling like a little girl.

Question: is it just me or do all the different Naruto Kyuubi modes just seem kind of the same, whereas earlier in the anime the differences were more clear. I don't see a lot of change in the Sage mode now, except for the explanation that his abilities will now affect the bad guy. The visual changes are just not that big and it seems to change all the time. Or is that just the bad animation?

Also, is there an explanation as to why Naruto's animation is so bad while it's such a popular show? I've seen short shows that suck but have very high quality animation. How does that stuff work?

Same here, also loved the material. Despite the obvous flaws in the story, what you want to say bout this, these are some of my favorite moments from the manga though and that screeching high pitch musical, man that was just awesome. Very eerie and creepy. Its just a shame studio Periot can't for the life of them have quality animation. I am kind of worried how the upcoming battles will be held specially the one currently which is drawn with the most detail by kishimoto. They better not fck that one up.

I will have to go back and look at some of these action scenes and see what the whole "Rage bijju bomb looked like" Does anyone have any panels they can compare? I am just curious how far off the mark Studio Periot was with that.

Oct 9, 2014 11:01 AM

Dec 2012
bilspleet said:

It's not supposed to be different in the first place. The only thing that change in appearance is the eyes.

Naruto is a long running show, that has been airing for years, while the show you think have great animation are 1 or 2 cours. The quality of animation has to do with budget, they can't just simply make every episode with high quality, since there is a lot of episodes, they plan how much budget can they spare for any episode, which results in some episodes looking bad, average, decent or amazing. Which is fine tbh, never had a problem with it. Because they know the important moments in the manga, and they gave those the high quality (i.e Madara's reveal, Obito's flashback), or sometimes they greatly enhance something that wasn't as important in the manga (episode 375).
Oct 9, 2014 12:01 PM

Apr 2011
Everything about this episode was AWESOME, the opening, the story, all the action, the ending everything and i just couldn't stop but feel sad and a little depressed through the whole episode, Naruto is really endning isn't it? this was the first and only anime i started watching and became addicted to, the first that led me to the path of being an Otaku for which i am thankful. I am really going to miss you Naruto.
Oct 9, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2011
xSanox said:
holy shit naruto just turned into full on fantasy.

i do wonder if with all what is happening, hagoromo and/or kaguya will be reborn again

that would be nice.

tsudecimo said:

It looked like Kaguya's hair was either pink or red.
Oct 9, 2014 1:29 PM

Dec 2012
Damn, I'm hoping for white.
Oct 9, 2014 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
Kaguya is first mentioned. Alright episode, the animation isn't good though.
Oct 9, 2014 2:15 PM

Feb 2012
-Klad- said:

Lmao.

Y'all anime only watchers watch out for that story Madara told, and its characters.
Oct 9, 2014 2:16 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was epic,so that's what was written on the uchiha tablet, the history of the chakra,Madara explained that very well.

Oct 9, 2014 2:45 PM

Aug 2014
It was great great great episode! I love it! But I'm apologize for so many shinobi were died.....
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 9, 2014 4:37 PM

Jun 2010
And the Shinju finally appears, talk about game changer.
not sure what was worse the giant nuke from last episode or the giant tree from this.

Ninja life sure is hard.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 9, 2014 5:18 PM

Dec 2012
Reminds me of the story of Adam and Eve a bit. A tree huh? I wonder if that's why the Wood Style is so revered.
Oct 9, 2014 6:53 PM

May 2013
One of the better episodes in terms of story as well as the use of music and comedy. If only the animation could be half as good as the animation in the OP... Speaking of which this opening probably has my favorite visuals thus far, you can tell they put a decent amount of work into the details in it. The way the OP song sounds basically reminds me of why I originally started watching Naruto. Too bad the flaws in the actual show's animation are painfully obvious in comparison to the new opening art...
Oct 9, 2014 8:51 PM

Aug 2012
Animation was inconsistent, some scenes were poor and some were good. Some good combos and teamwork with Naruto, Minato and Tobirama.
Oct 9, 2014 9:11 PM

Jul 2013
damn how the hell will they stop this?
Oct 9, 2014 10:29 PM

Jun 2013
If the Infinite Tsukuyomi works by reflecting the eye of the tree off the moon, what happens when the moon goes down?
Oct 9, 2014 11:43 PM

Jul 2007
J053PH said:
If the Infinite Tsukuyomi works by reflecting the eye of the tree off the moon, what happens when the moon goes down?

you mean if the moon got destroyed? Then there would be no infinite Tsukoyomi casted. But you have any idea how much power it would take to destroy the moon.

Oct 10, 2014 12:15 AM

May 2014
-Klad- said:

No comment
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 10, 2014 1:02 AM

Oct 2013
Welp... needless to say it was epic, right?
Oct 10, 2014 2:05 AM

Jul 2014
Another awesome episode. I was expecting it to be underwhelming, but it was really good, I loved it.
Oct 10, 2014 8:27 AM
Aug 2014
Why is it always a woman to mess with the forbidden fruit? Lol! Great episode and I can't wait for the next one.
Oct 10, 2014 1:38 PM

Dec 2011
The animation was really not consistent, I expected Tobirama's water jutsu to have this sharpness, the anime has just just shown it splashing in one stream.

But it was nice to hear the classic soundtracks again. Especially the Akatsuki and the one used in Pain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2014 2:20 PM

Feb 2014
The beginning of the episode was just hilarious!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Oct 11, 2014 9:36 AM

Jan 2014
link9us said:
J053PH said:

you mean if the moon got destroyed? Then there would be no infinite Tsukoyomi casted. But you have any idea how much power it would take to destroy the moon.
He is saying what would happen when you cant see Moon(Morning or when you close your eyes,dont look...etc)
LoneWizzyOct 12, 2014 9:55 PM
Oct 11, 2014 1:41 PM

Jun 2013
link9us said:
J053PH said:

No, I mean when the moon is no longer visible.
Oct 12, 2014 1:55 PM

Jan 2012
oh no! its the CGI tree of doom and despair
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 12, 2014 9:50 PM

Sep 2013
All those scrubs got fkin rekt
Oct 13, 2014 10:01 AM

Oct 2009
Looks like the budget went into the CGI tree.

So a Devil Fruit was the start of everything huh. ^_^
The fruit did look a bit like Ace's Mera Mera no Mi fruit.
Oct 14, 2014 2:30 AM
Dec 2011
i love when naruto and second hokage are fighting with each other its so cute and now naruto and kurama ahaa... it is sooooooooo adorable and kawaiiii,,,,ne....
MINATO cries for naruto remembering kushina it is so sad and yet epic at the same time....this really shows how much minato and kushina love their child naruto so much it aches my heart every time i cried a lot just wish kushina was there to see her son in action :3
i love these episode NARUTO IS THE STAR ALL THE WAY THROUGH AND THROUGH :3
ahaa...i missed 3rd hokage he is always there for naruto like a shadow :3
holly god... the HISTORY of shinobi ..so this first chakra holder KAGUYA AND HER SON HAGAROMO had good intentions for the world but people who came after them misused the power :3 oh....my....god....!
:3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 310 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ArtimesGamer - Apr 25, 2013

59 by Sasutaschi »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 322 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

GotenSakurauchi - Jul 25, 2013

229 by Ryosuke20 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Prime Hashirama vs Prime Might guy-- who will win if they fought each other?

SOL_481 - Jun 8

12 by Early_Morning »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 27 Discussion

OriginalName - Aug 30, 2007

40 by pickyotaku »»
Yesterday, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkvoltage - Aug 23, 2007

63 by pickyotaku »»
Yesterday, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.