Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2009 2:59 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heaven finally descends upon me; what could be better than Mamiko Noto and Kimi ni Todoke together?

I love the soft colors used and Mamiko Noto's voice.
I love Yano and Yoshida's eyes more than ever and Mamiko Noto's voice.
... I wish I could say the same of Yano's over-emphasized lips, even though it makes sense. It never bothered me before but ehhhhh.

I absolutely love the op, not too much of a fan of the ed even with chibi Sadakos, but a total fan of Mamiko Noto's voice.

Sadako is so cute. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2009 3:44 PM

Mar 2008
yeah ur right!! the background colors are soo sparkly and cute ='D
................ ゆっくりしていってね!!!......................
Oct 6, 2009 3:56 PM

Jun 2008
subs please >.<

want to watch this show....
Oct 6, 2009 4:27 PM

Sep 2007
Waaa~~ I love the colorus, I love the voices, I love the opening, I love chibi Sawako, I love it all!! <333

Oct 6, 2009 4:30 PM

Jul 2009
mrSmiles said:
subs please >.<

want to watch this show....
Couldn't agree more XD
Oct 6, 2009 4:43 PM

Aug 2008
watched the rwas, don't understand the whole story but it's soo cuteee! :)
i bet this will be my fav serie for this fall :P hope so!
Oct 6, 2009 5:16 PM

Jul 2009
Even though shoujo is totally not my thing, I do get interested after first ep. especially for the amazing OP and ED.
storywise its more or less the typical shoujo, beautiful innocent girl misunderstands the seemingly "all-perfect" boy. Anyway, I hope there will be surprises in the following episodes.
Oct 6, 2009 5:21 PM

Apr 2009
=wooops=
AmarrezOct 6, 2009 5:24 PM
Oct 6, 2009 5:37 PM
Oct 2007
First time I thought an OP and/or ED felt too short. Personally, I like the ED more and for some reason, when I watched it, I couldn't stop thinking about Thumbelina, lol.

The background music and color made the episode very mellow, which was nice. While I love chibi Sawako, it felt overused, but then again, that's probably how often chibi Sawako shows up in the manga too. This 1st episode and most likely the 2nd will be what I've read up to in the manga. So I'm really looking forward to what comes after.

KnT will be my priority show this season for sure. I hope it's at least 24-26 episodes.
Oct 6, 2009 5:55 PM

Nov 2007
NAMIKAWA-san~~~! (Kazehaya-kun)

It's nice that they follow manga.

Kimi todo (キミトド)!! Nice Abbreviation!!
tsubasaloverOct 6, 2009 6:29 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 6, 2009 7:36 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, they did a very good job on the first episode. The feeling and atmosphere of the anime fits perfectly with what I imagined, when I was reading the manga. I also love what they did with all the background, and how it's water colored. Makes it even more relaxing and funny to watch.
Oct 6, 2009 8:12 PM

Mar 2007
Ahh, I loved it! The manga is one of my favorites, so I knew the anime was going to be great too. I think they did a wonderful job of adapting it. It felt so wonderfully shoujo with all the pastel backgrounds, bright colors, flowers and sparkles :) I think all the voices fit well with the characters. I loved the OP! The ED is ok, but I am not a huge chara fan.

I want a collector's DVD box for this series, like, NOW pls. :D
Oct 6, 2009 8:47 PM

Apr 2008
I dont mean to sound mean here but can we talk about the anime for those who watched (Story) rather than just the colors and animation .

Aside from all that .... its pretty scary how well this has been adapted to the manga. My favorite part and i think was most well done was the "punishment" after the test of courage and how kazehaya didnt want to.

They couldn't of ended this episode any better than the way they did.

that picture is just too cute not to screen shot :-p
Oct 6, 2009 8:52 PM

Jul 2009
Are subs out? you are making me drooling XD~
Oct 6, 2009 8:59 PM

Sep 2008
Lvhina said:
I dont mean to sound mean here but can we talk about the anime for those who watched (Story) rather than just the colors and animation .
I think the reason why I focus more on the art is because I've already read the manga. It doesn't make me love the story or enjoy it any less, but visual adaptations are important for me in the first episode. =x
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2009 9:07 PM

Apr 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Lvhina said:
I think the reason why I focus more on the art is because I've already read the manga. It doesn't make me love the story or enjoy it any less, but visual adaptations are important for me in the first episode. =x

the art was great, but other than that ... the comparisons and how it fell perfectly in sync with the first chapter was even better ,

i didnt mean to sound rude saying that because the art was great and all but after waiting for someone to talk about the story , nobody did and this first episode played out the introduction to the story perfectly in my opinion

edit: shame it is that yano and yoshida didnt get more screen time, those two are great....
Oct 6, 2009 9:35 PM

Sep 2008
Lanilas said:
I would love to know who all is even working on subbing this.
Mamiko and Frostii subs both have plans to release this.

Lvhina said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Lvhina said:

the art was great, but other than that ... the comparisons and how it fell perfectly in sync with the first chapter was even better ,

i didnt mean to sound rude saying that because the art was great and all but after waiting for someone to talk about the story , nobody did and this first episode played out the introduction to the story perfectly in my opinion

edit: shame it is that yano and yoshida didnt get more screen time, those two are great....
Well you gotta imagine that subs aren't out yet, so there will be a diminished amount of people that will respond about the story since they might not have understood all of it. Either way, this correlates all of Chapter 0, so yeah... introduction...
Oct 6, 2009 9:38 PM

Jul 2009
We will talked about story after the subbed out..*drooling*
Oct 7, 2009 1:10 AM

Dec 2007
Lvhina said:

Come on, be honest here. If we start talking about the story we'll bore ourselves
(Let's see Sawako looks like she's from the ringThe Ring... ruminates about Kazehaya and how she always mumbling... volunteers for summer cleaning... Kazehaya noticed how she always volunteers for odd jobs... misunderstanding of how Kazehaya invented "sawayaka" (eloquence), which happens to be part of Sawako's name... more brooding...

Volunteers to be the "ghost" in the Test of Courage... scares everyone except Kazehaya and those two girls I didn't happen to catch the names... Kazehaya tells Sawako how's she's now more open...some blushing... next day Kazehaya the loser get's a punishment game of going out with Sawako for a week... Kazehaya admonishes the class for treating a girl like this... Sawako talks up his good points to save his reputation...

More brooding how he'll probably start avoiding her... Kazehaya gives her candy the class gave to her as an apology... talked about how he had feelings for her ever since they first met, and someday he'll reach her. Show's over, everone looks pissed.)

Okay, the show's not that bad, but even I was bored after re-reading that. What usually makes the show are the intangibles that enhance the writing and story, no matter how simple and well-worn it is.
Oct 7, 2009 2:14 AM

Feb 2008
Who's subbing this ?

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Oct 7, 2009 2:19 AM

Sep 2008
SailorKagome said:
Who's subbing this ?
I said earliar that "Mamiko" and "Frostii" have plans to bus this. Mamiko is trying to get an episode release within the week aired, no other word from Frostii.
Oct 7, 2009 2:21 AM

Apr 2008
i am hope Frostii subs it , even though it might be slower than other group they have good editing
Oct 7, 2009 3:42 AM

Jul 2009
OMG! I LOVE THIS! Watched the raw, because I simply cannot wait for the dubbed version.

One of the animes I've been waiting for this season.

Make me a Siggy?
Oct 7, 2009 5:40 AM

Sep 2007
I want subbed... :(
Because i really love the OP & ED !
Oct 7, 2009 7:17 AM

Sep 2009
It was wonderful! Perfect!
I can't wait for the subs!
Oct 7, 2009 7:27 AM

Dec 2008
Oh geez, that was pretty awesome. Everything was adapted pretty well. The only part I'm picky about is the very ending with the flashback. I hope the people who didn't read the manga understands that it is all Kazehaya's own flashback and that he's not voicing out anything about that day towards Sawako :P

The animation throughout the episode including the opening ending was pretty awesome. The scene when Sawako was crying and how the light hits on her and how her tears fell - all so beautifully done.

Namikawa Daisuke's voice acting was better than I thought it would be, I was a little hesitant on him doing the voice of such an awesome character, I was so prepared to cringe everytime Kazehaya talked. But he was better than I thought! :D

I'm loving the portrayal of Ayane Yano and Chizuru Yoshida - it doesn't even feel like I'm watching an anime adaptation, it feels like I'm just reading the manga! That's how great I think their portrayal was :P

Also:

Spoiler for manga
Oct 7, 2009 8:39 AM

Nov 2008
Such a cute, first episode. It really follows the manga smoothly.. though I hope they won't rush this too much towards the end, with only slated for 13 episodes?
Haha, Chizuru and Ayane are just how I imagined them.
I love the scenery scenes, and especially the scenes with the sakura trees.
That smile..
Oct 7, 2009 10:05 AM

May 2008
Eh, it was kind of cute I guess. Nothing really bold as far as the story goes. Sawako's narration also became slightly irksome by the end. Not necessarily the substance itself, just too much of that voice in one episode. The fact that it's not another fanservice anime alone makes me happy, because there are really too many of them this season and in general.

Overall it's a bit generic (this type of story has just been done to death, even in western media) and not the type of anime I'd generally like anyway, but the production values were nice so I'll give it a few more eps maybe.
Oct 7, 2009 11:03 AM
Aug 2009
I just peeked at the series, because I couldn't resist, and I'm waiting for the subs. But from what I saw, it was really beautifully made! The animation, the opening theme, and the colours they used! They were really calming to look at. ^^
Aaargh, can't wait for the subs! Someone, sub it quickly!
Oct 7, 2009 12:35 PM

Dec 2008
hikky said:
Overall it's a bit generic (this type of story has just been done to death, even in western media) and not the type of anime I'd generally like anyway, but the production values were nice so I'll give it a few more eps maybe.
Just out of curiosity, what "type" of anime is this? XD

Personally I haven't seen many animes this "type" :P
Oct 7, 2009 1:02 PM

Dec 2008
Dang i liked the anime XD... i havent been reading kimi ni todoke recently.. on chapter 12 probably.. XD but i thought the main girl's voice would improve just a lil bit...
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
Oct 7, 2009 1:11 PM

Mar 2008
Sooo cute! The opening was amazing, Production I.G. really is the awesomeness itself. Btw, loved Mamiko doing Sawako's voice. Absolutely perfect.
Oct 7, 2009 1:47 PM

May 2008
robbydesu said:
hikky said:

A(n) (unpopular | gloomy | poor | quiet | unnoticed) schoolgirl is in love with a (popular | rich | confident/smart) boy who "shouldn't" love her back because it would tarnish his reputation but ends up doing so anyway (And causes the girl to open up and be less shy etc). Pretty common and pretty predictable.

I can't even think of any really similar anime at the moment because I don't usually pay any attention to shoujo (Similar ones come to mind, though the girl is not usually as shy; as in Nodame Cantabile or even Ouran Host Club, I believe -ef- Memories as well? Though I dropped it), but I know I've seen this type of story many many times. For an extremely similar example, I'd say Nobuta wo Produce.

But even something like A Walk to Remember is basically the same deal (though seemingly more sappy).
Oct 7, 2009 2:00 PM

Sep 2008
hikky said:
robbydesu said:
hikky said:

A(n) (unpopular | gloomy | poor | quiet | unnoticed) schoolgirl is in love with a (popular | rich | confident/smart) boy who "shouldn't" love her back because it would tarnish his reputation but ends up doing so anyway (And causes the girl to open up and be less shy etc). Pretty common and pretty predictable.

I can't even think of any really similar anime at the moment because I don't usually pay any attention to shoujo (Similar ones come to mind, though the girl is not usually as shy; as in Nodame Cantabile or even Ouran Host Club, I believe -ef- Memories as well? Though I dropped it), but I know I've seen this type of story many many times. For an extremely similar example, I'd say Nobuta wo Produce.

But even something like A Walk to Remember is basically the same deal (though seemingly more sappy).
HEY! ef is nothing like this. It's about 1.1233% better. Now hurry and pick it back up.
Oct 7, 2009 8:49 PM

Mar 2009
SUB PLZ -_______________________________________________________-"
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
Oct 7, 2009 9:03 PM

Sep 2008
A joint project has released subs, "FMS - Sunberries"...
Oct 7, 2009 9:42 PM

Jun 2009
ya, subs out about half an hour ago
definitely one of my favorites so far this season(although not much competition). the animation style was different but good, i liked the story, it wasnt predictable that much, it was pretty funny, and i thought the first episode was pretty well done to introduce the rest of the story. anyone else think it was weird that even her elemtary and middle school friend called her sadako not sawako
Oct 7, 2009 10:19 PM

Dec 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
hikky said:
robbydesu said:
hikky said:

HEY! ef is nothing like this. It's about 1.1233% better. Now hurry and pick it back up.
Who said that he "shouldn't" love her?

Oct 7, 2009 10:38 PM

Jul 2009
robbydesu said:
HawthorneKitty said:
hikky said:
robbydesu said:
hikky said:

Lol, the fans are defending their favorite series, i become more curious on this series, ok i read 2 chapter from this series and decided to hold on because of the anime, i guess i should do both of them..Unnoticed? i think she is the attention from her classmate, though the negative attention that is, and what's wrong with being generic?, i love generic, it's easier to understand
Oct 7, 2009 10:42 PM

Apr 2008
hikky said:
Not necessarily the substance itself, just too much of that voice in one episode.
There can never be too much Mamiko.

Anyways, I found this episode to be quite enjoyable. Just the right amount of fluff to balance the humor (which hasn't gotten old yet, but could I could easily get weary of the Ring jokes). Pacing seemed a bit rushed though.

Oct 7, 2009 11:43 PM

May 2008
robbydesu said:
HawthorneKitty said:
hikky said:
robbydesu said:
hikky said:

"Shouldn't" means a person in his position normally would not do so because of his social status relative to hers. That's why "shouldn't" was in quotes. That does not mean he "doesn't" or "can't" love her.
Oct 7, 2009 11:43 PM

Jan 2009
Not a bad first episode to be honest, the only thing that bugs me is the pace, it was very rushed the way they both met each other. Also I could care less if Mamiko spams all over the series MIKURU BEAM~, her voice is just lovely. Generic? Predictable? Who gives a shit if you find it entertaining?
The comedy was quite subtle similar to Lovely Complex, which is not a bad thing but I hope it wont become later an eyesore for me, I don't have problem with the chibbi faces, but with the way they usually do it. Another good point from Kimi Ni Todoke is the way their relationship will build up, unlike Lovely Complex where both of the main character went to the extreme with their comedy, this one will be certainly more to the romantic way which I love from certain shows.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 7, 2009 11:48 PM

Apr 2008
Mikiyo said:
the only thing that bugs me is the pace, it was very rushed the way they both met each other

that was straight from chapter one of the manga and only chapter one ....in fact both started with the same intro and both ended with sawako's smile

EDIT - SFW is in on subbing this too :-p
LvhinaOct 8, 2009 12:18 AM
Oct 8, 2009 12:27 AM
Mar 2008
That was awesome, surprisingly funny. The characters are cool. Wonder how things will develop.
Oct 8, 2009 12:37 AM
Apr 2008
I honestly loved this episode. Probably gonna be on my top 3 priority anime to watch
Oct 8, 2009 12:43 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
that episode was one of the best manga to anime adaptions i've seen so far.

The scene where Sawako was wiping her tears and then saw Kazehaya was done really well.

I love reading what everyone else thought :)
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 8, 2009 12:45 AM

Aug 2008
This was one of the few this season I didn't expect to like... But surprisingly, I kind of liked it. That is, except for the animation.
Oct 8, 2009 12:50 AM

Jun 2008
llamaben said:
This was one of the few this season I didn't expect to like... But surprisingly, I kind of liked it. That is, except for the animation.
If you've read the manga, then you'll find that the animation is quite perfect for it. It gives off the same kind of feel, if not better than the manga.
Oct 8, 2009 12:58 AM
Mar 2008
For me I read the manga so I'm already used to the artwork. So I found it looked beautiful throughout, had great music and the voices were great. LOVED IT. Absolutely LOVED IT!

Best anime of the season so far for me! By a LARGE margin. I never wanted the ep to end!
Oct 8, 2009 1:08 AM

Feb 2008
So far, this show has the best first episode of this season. And I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being on my Top 3 for this season (the other two being DtB and Kuuchuu Buranko).
Oh, and I'm so glad to see Mamiko on a role that's suited for her voice. I'm so tired of seeing her on shitty fanservice shows.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 13, 2009

324 by Sasha08 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Nov 17, 2009

211 by biuberry »»
May 7, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

171 by 068 »»
Apr 27, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

190 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Apr 19, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.