3It was OK
8.5%
2Disliked it
4.0%
1Hated it
4.0%
Average 4.4
351 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2016 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good action! Velvet is such a badass although her own skills were rivaled this episode against Oscar.

Magilou showed up, I find her kinda amusing this episode. Meanwhile, we got a big battle against a dragon. Velvet's resolve is very strong though, always trying to accomplish what's ahead. Good usage of music as well.

Stark700Aug 14, 2016 7:44 AM
Aug 14, 2016 7:45 AM
May 2012
Haven't watched the episode yet. Hope we will get back to Tale of Zestiria X and not Tales of Beseria or whatever shit that is
animenoobsterAug 14, 2016 7:50 AM
Aug 14, 2016 8:07 AM

Nov 2010
Tales of Zestiria, Official release, FREE subbed! :D

Please all watch Tales of Zestiria here :D Support the website and let them know that there are many ppl watch animes \o/

http://www.daisuki.net/ae/en/anime/detail.TalesofZestiriatheX.html

the ep still not realesed there yet but i think they will put it soon ^^
Aug 14, 2016 8:07 AM

Jul 2011
F**k.

The scene when Velvet devoured seres and the dragon. Amazing. The ost was amazing and was that the game opening? YESSSS

And a death before the game is even released. damn.
if this is their way to promote the game even before it is out, it's definitely working for me. Damn jealous that JPN is getting it in 4 days.
joveeAug 14, 2016 8:22 AM
Aug 14, 2016 8:10 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy fuck. That was incredible. Oscar is a fucking boss, his design and how strong he is.
Velvet is a great main character, Seres sacrificed herself and now Velvet has even bigger power.
The music was insane, I NEED THAT OST!
Aug 14, 2016 8:15 AM

Dec 2015
Nice attempt at an action scene, but the episode itself seemed quite empty. Was the demon/dragon too big to be drawn?

3.5/5
Aug 14, 2016 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
That, That was amazing, The first fight scene between Velvet and the paladin guy was enough to give me chills and it remained that way for the rest of the episode XD

I love Velvet's fight style, All those blades in her gauntlets and boots. It's so cool to watch and her daemon arm makes it even more awesome. I always like melee fight styles. :P
Velvet's voice might sound deep but you can really feel the conviction and anger in her voice when she speaks of killing Artorius, Her VA did a real good job.

The dragon looked really menacing and the fight along with that animation was just breathtaking.

Seres sacrificed herself or rather gave her power to Velvet, That scene was brilliant. I love how Velvet said "I give you neither thanks nor apology" and took Seres's power. It was strangely meaningful in that situation. She just straight up pummeled the dragon into the ground after that.

The flashback was nice, Interesting to see a more laid back and cheerful Velvet. Did she just call Artorius 'Nii-san' ? :o

Velvet+Melee fight style+Fire power, I'm 100% sold. Damn it Ufotable, You succeeded. I'll buy the game now. Sadly I have to wait till 2017. T.T

Looks like this ends the Berseria segment and we're back to Zestiria next week, Though after this episode I'm kinda wishing we had another episode of Berseria XD
Lelouch0202Aug 14, 2016 8:26 AM
Aug 14, 2016 8:27 AM

Jul 2011
Lelouch0202 said:

The flashback was nice, Interesting to see a more laid back and cheerful Velvet. Did she just call Artorius 'Nii-san' ? :o

Yes she did. I think Artorius was the older brother and the dead kid is the little brother from what I have seen in the game trailers.

I really need the game now. WHY CANT WE HAVE WORLDWIDE RELEASE
Aug 14, 2016 8:33 AM

Dec 2014
jovee said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Yes she did. I think Artorius was the older brother and the dead kid is the little brother from what I have seen in the game trailers.

Yeah that's what I thought as well. Will need the game for the full details xD

I know right?!! Damn Japan getting it early and I don't know how long I'll have to wait for the PC release. :(
Aug 14, 2016 8:38 AM

Jul 2012
Even if it was promotion of Berseria it was just amazing. The animation is as always top-notch, but this episode it was so beatiful, the sceneries, the spells and fights animations.
And i'm happy to hear Satou Rina, even for a small segment, plus Velvet's young voice was very familiar :) (offtopic praying for 3rd season as aslways).
After this episode i hope ufotable can stay on this level.
Aug 14, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2008
Lelouch0202 said:
jovee said:

Yeah that's what I thought as well. Will need the game for the full details xD

I know right?!! Damn Japan getting it early and I don't know how long I'll have to wait for the PC release. :(

Maybe, he does'nt share the same blood.

For the game, it is early 2017. So I hope January or February.

animenoobster said:
Haven't watched the episode yet. Hope we will get back to Tale of Zestiria X and not Tales of Beseria or whatever shit that is

Just like that, I play and finish Zestiria and just with two episode, I know Tales of Berseria will be a lot better.

Velvet is so badass.
Aug 14, 2016 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
Velvet is so badass! The battle against the dragon was so epic!
Aug 14, 2016 9:14 AM

Mar 2014
So, Berseria is going to be more dark compared to the other titles? Well, fine by me.
I hope they show more of Velvet's past. I don't want to wait for the game to know more about her relationship with Artorius (or whatever that guy name was).
Aug 14, 2016 9:17 AM

Jul 2014
Blond-haired girl in the stupid hat really ruined the mood big time. She does not fit in at all and I hope she doesn't appear again any time soon. Actually, even with the action this time, can we just get back to Zestiria cos I'm still not really interested in any of this Berseria stuff; if they wanted to do Berseria do it separately rather than randomly lobbing it in the middle of another story.
Aug 14, 2016 9:19 AM

Apr 2016
The return of the Dovakhin ???
Aug 14, 2016 9:19 AM

Jan 2016
Was that the actual tales of berseria game opening? If so, pretty good!
Aug 14, 2016 9:24 AM

Oct 2011
omfg awesome ahhhh
Can't wait to play it now
Aug 14, 2016 9:54 AM

Dec 2011
Will Berseria and Zestiria actually cross later?
Aug 14, 2016 9:54 AM

May 2016
I liked it, but there's something I don't get. From what I can understand (without actually having played it) ToZ is a very long game.

They've spent 2 eps on the Berseria plug, so 10 episodes of Zestiria in total, minus the prologue. How the hell is it all supposed to fit in a season? We have yet to see half of the cast shown in the opening...

Two seasons, maybe?
Aug 14, 2016 9:56 AM
Jul 2014
I am confused, I have never played the games. Is Zestiria and Berseria happening at same time and same universe or is it different timeline or totally separate? Can somebody explain it to me?
Aug 14, 2016 9:57 AM

Jun 2011
Specimen021 said:
I liked it, but there's something I don't get. From what I can understand (without actually having played it) ToZ is a very long game.

They've spent 2 eps on the Berseria plug, so 10 episodes of Zestiria in total, minus the prologue. How the hell is it all supposed to fit in a season? We have yet to see half of the cast shown in the opening...

Two seasons, maybe?

It's been reported in a french site that there's going to be 2 cours. second cour will start in winter.
Aug 14, 2016 9:59 AM
Feb 2016
Specimen021 said:

Two seasons, maybe?

I've seen literally everyone saying it was a confirmed split cour, with the second season airing in winter.
Aug 14, 2016 10:03 AM

May 2016
Theorder14 said:

It's been reported in a french site that there's going to be 2 cours. second cour will start in winter.

Thanks for the info, started watching it on a whim, so the memo must've slipped by me.
Aug 14, 2016 10:05 AM

Jun 2014
While I did kind of enjoy this little promotion of Tales of Berseria, I feel like the transition should have been handled better. Rather than just nonchalantly mentioning it in an episode preview like they did, I would have liked it if Sorey, Mikleo, and Alisha came across someone who decided to give them a "history lesson," if you will. That would have been a smoother transition in my opinion. Whatever though, I kind of liked this, even though I think it should have been its own thing instead. I also liked that Flow song at the end, they kill it, as usual.

Actrion said:
I am confused, I have never played the games. Is Zestiria and Berseria happening at same time and same universe or is it different timeline or totally separate? Can somebody explain it to me?

I haven't played the games but I've read that Berseria and Zestiria are in the same universe, but Berseria takes place before Zestiria.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 14, 2016 10:07 AM
Jul 2016
The name of the insert song when Velvet absorbs the power of Seres?

Good episode, especially the fighting scenes.
Aug 14, 2016 10:09 AM

Jul 2007
And this continues to be better than Zestiria's plot. Funny how abandoning sucky trainwreck for a better part of franchise actually made this enjoyable despite awful directing and cgi.

Still hope Berseria stuff will end up hijacking Zestiria plot So Ufo does not have to adapt the utter mediocrity that is second half of the game. Its enough that I have to deal with Sorey's bland Mr Chaste Chivalrious Hero With No Personality characterization already. . Velvet is so much better protagonist .

Obligatory:

Still same overuse of CGI nonsense and repeated tricks from their previous show but at least this one seems to have actual life in itself. Still good Op, even though it is NOWHERE near the awesomeness that was Xillia's OP. Even if Berseria looks good, the difference between xillia OP which was made by Ufotable that Still Tried to do stuff and Zestiria/Berseria OPs by Ufotable The Factory is staggering. .

Too bad Berseria won't sell since Japan hates female characters and female protagonists.
AhenshihaelAug 14, 2016 10:28 AM
Aug 14, 2016 10:11 AM

Apr 2008
Actrion said:

Berseria take place 1000 years ago before Zestiria
Aug 14, 2016 10:30 AM
Jul 2009
Fai said:
Too bad Berseria won't sell since Japan hates female characters and female protagonists.

Beseria's topping Amazon's preorder ranking. It's gonna sell pretty well.

Japan doesn't hate female characters in general. Anime otaku might dislike female MCs in certain contexts, but this game targets a wider audience so that's not a problem.
1idd0kunAug 14, 2016 10:36 AM
Aug 14, 2016 10:34 AM

Jul 2007
1idd0kun said:
Fai said:

That's bullshit. Beseria's topping Amazon's preorder ranking. It's gonna sell pretty well.

Japan doesn't hate female characters in general. Anime otaku might dislike female MCs in certain contexts, but this game targets a wider audience so that's not a problem.

Depends if preorders will be accurate. It will still sell because it is tales game, but history in video gaming in Japan so far dictates that unless you hit the "blond western kuudere" stereotype, you will not be selling as many copies as with "humble cheerful black haired japanese boy" MC. Anything not under a famous brand that deviates from the norm tends to tank so publishers play it safe(case in point FF15 boyband nonsense).

Otaku WILL hate this but as you said hopefully wider audience compensates for that.

I guess they can also hope for the fanservice angle since Velvet's outfits are not exactly in anyway practical or sensible and serve a very specific purpose.
AhenshihaelAug 14, 2016 10:39 AM
Aug 14, 2016 10:38 AM
Jul 2009
Fai said:
1idd0kun said:

That's bullshit. Beseria's topping Amazon's preorder ranking. It's gonna sell pretty well.

Depends if preorders will be accurate. It will still sell because it is tales game, but history in video gaming in Japan so far dictates that unless you hit the "blond western kuudere" stereotype, you will not be selling as many copies as with "humble cheerful black haired japanese boy" MC.

I see there's no point in arguing about this with you. Let's just wait and see. I'll be here to say "I told you" when it sells at least as well as Zestiria (around 400k if I remember correctly).
Aug 14, 2016 10:39 AM

Jul 2013
Well, the episode was spectacular and all, but I'm worry about something, and is how will ufotable deal with both Zestiria and Berseria plots. While I like Velvet and her crew (and, honestly, her story looks more promising than Zestiria), they are introducing a lot of new characters, who means giving them screentime, lines, and the likes. And the entire cast of Zestiria hasn't been even introduced yet. Hope this doesn't become too overcrowded, because the anime has been fine until this point.

If they wanted to promote Berseria, they should have done an adaptation of the game, just that.

Other than that, everything was good. I liked the mage girl, she was cute. Wonder how they will relate this with the main plot of Zestiria.

allenjke said:
And i'm happy to hear Satou Rina, even for a small segment, plus Velvet's young voice was very familiar :) (offtopic praying for 3rd season as aslways).
Third season? People are still dreaming with that? ;_;
Aug 14, 2016 10:42 AM

Jul 2007
Illyricus said:

If they wanted to promote Berseria, they should have done an adaptation of the game, just that.

Most of people expect this to steer away from being zestiria adaptation and actually have a cross over plot with Berseria. As in at some point Velvet will hijack the plot and the conflict will be against her.

You see Velvet fighting Mr Chaste Hero in the OP of this show after all and it is called in a way that refers to a crossover.
Aug 14, 2016 10:42 AM

Jul 2015
Amazing episode, but I think it would have been better if episode 5 and 6 was Episode 0 instead, but oh well
Sup...
Aug 14, 2016 10:45 AM

Jul 2014
I knew BURN was going to play at the end. Been listening to it for the past weeks but it's definitely not one the best tales of opening song.

Magilou is definitely my favorite female character in Berseria being she is the comic relief character and her mystic arte/hi ougi is amazing in the game. Wish we could of seen Eizen.
Aug 14, 2016 10:46 AM

Jul 2013
Fai said:
Illyricus said:

Most of people expect this to steer away from being zestiria adaptation and actually have a cross over plot with Berseria. As in at some point Velvet will hijack the plot and the conflict will be against her.

You see Velvet fighting Mr Chaste Hero in the OP of this show after all and it is called in a way that refers to a crossover.
That would be interesting (and expected, because what would be the point of introducing Berseria plot in a Zestiria anime if they don't even correlate at the end?).
Aug 14, 2016 10:46 AM
Jul 2015
Fai said:
Illyricus said:

She isn't fighting him and i wouldn't expect any crossover those two episodes was just to the promote the game and nothing else.
Aug 14, 2016 10:47 AM

Nov 2014
wuhugm said:
Will Berseria and Zestiria actually cross later?

That is what Im hoping for.. If not this two episodes are a waste(I know they are promoting the game) This transition is so out of place if they wont cross over later on or if Velvet dont appear later on again.
Aug 14, 2016 10:48 AM

Feb 2015
Animation - 10/10
Soundtrack - 10/10
Velvet's character - 10/10
Berseria OP - 10/10
Enjoyment - 10/10

Absolutely loved this episode in all aspects. I just hope that it ends up being more than just a well-placed (but also misplaced at the same time) extended advertisement for Tales of Berseria. I've enjoyed the last couple episodes a fuck ton, but I'm worried it will detract from the overall immersion into the Zestiria storyline for some people, thus hurting the show overall. Because these 2 episodes really do feel out of place and would have likely been better served as a short OVA similar to Tales of Zestiria: Dawn of the Shepherd, but I still really enjoyed them so I personally have no gripes, but overall I feel like most people will.

Specimen021 said:

Two seasons, maybe?

It's been confirmed to be split-cour 25 episodes (26 counting the prologue), so they will have plenty of screen time to not rush things. If anything, with 19 more episodes to go, they could probably do a couple more Berseria episodes and be just fine honestly. It will likely help with the whole "crossover" thing too, since so far there really isn't any evidence that they'll crossover.
TyrelAug 14, 2016 1:33 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2016 10:53 AM

Jul 2007
Dab1za9 said:
Fai said:

She isn't fighting him and i wouldn't expect any crossover those two episodes was just to the promote the game and nothing else.

There would be absolutely zero reason to adapt Zestiria AT ALL(let's be frank absolutely nobody ever wanted Zestiria adaptation), let alone in 20+ episodes name it the Cross and have Velvet in the OP, if it only had two episode promo for Berseria and had nothing to do with it otherwise. Speaking cynnically this is 100% exists solely as an ad for Berseria and it makes no sense to have 90% of the ad be completely unrelated.

Hopefully most of the Zestiria plot will be erased and replaced with something that actually benefits Berseria and does not make half audience want hit the writers with a shovel in the end, like Zestiria's original "plot" did.

Its not that hard to do, even. Zestiria's plot is pretty barebones and easily replaceable without replacing the supposed main conflict.
AhenshihaelAug 14, 2016 10:57 AM
Aug 14, 2016 11:12 AM

Sep 2013
so, these past 2 episodes were just to promote the game. They were very epic though. Animation was amazing, Ufotable still with the no chill status!

Finally, back to Zestiria next week.

Aug 14, 2016 11:16 AM

Jun 2013
After i watched this episode, i really want Beseria will become a tv series around 26 episodes.
I like this story and characters too much, especially Velvet. I would be so disappointed if they didn't continue Beseria.
ryanstrikeAug 14, 2016 11:46 AM
Aug 14, 2016 11:24 AM

Sep 2014
That was top notch.I really enjoyed Berseria and Velvet and now I feel kinda disappointed that we return to Zestiria.
Aug 14, 2016 11:33 AM

Apr 2016
ahh I wish they continue the Berseria story...but whatever I will grab the game..That op sick
Aug 14, 2016 11:43 AM

Mar 2016
Great episode ! I'm loving velvet amd her story . Ufotable kinda have me convinced to get the game now . We also got that "ARTORIUS!" And " Daemons,Malaks, Exorcists... I'll devour them all" , man i was waiting for those lines mostly . Magilou is cute. And that op I've been hooked on it for days, well done FLOW lol. Btw question .
Aug 14, 2016 11:49 AM
Jul 2009
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Great episode ! I'm loving velvet amd her story . Ufotable kinda have me convinced to get the game now . We also got that "ARTORIUS!" And " Daemons,Malaks, Exorcists... I'll devour them all" , man i was waiting for those lines mostly . Magilou is cute. And that op I've been hooked on it for days, well done FLOW lol. Btw question .

All we know right now is that
1idd0kunAug 14, 2016 12:02 PM
Aug 14, 2016 11:54 AM

Mar 2016
1idd0kun said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

All we know right know is that

Oh yeah that makes more sense than my guess lol
Aug 14, 2016 11:57 AM

Feb 2015
wex89 said:
What the actually F ???? i got it that 2 episode would be enough for marketiong berseria but it will have 12 episode and zestria will not be back till DECEMBER?? I will drop this anime seems.

Dropping because you don't want to wait? Petty reasoning you have there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2016 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
No more Berseria? Next week are we going back to the previous casts. I almost drop this show until last week Berseria appear, then I decided to continue watching it.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 14, 2016 12:20 PM

Jan 2014
Sooo they toitally dropped zestria story so we should get game , no thanks if they had properly advertised that zestria was on PC aswell by launch i would had bought it now after screwing us with this not going to get game.
Aug 14, 2016 12:48 PM

Dec 2010
Am I still watching the same anime? I never liked JRPGs that much, so I never played Tales of Zestiria. I was watching the anime mainly because it's Ufotable. I was confused by the completely different settings, but I now see that this was a two-episode teaser for the next "Tales of" game. They actually got me pretty interested. Much more than with the Zestiria story, at least. I might by Tales of Berseria if I don't have too many games on my plate when it comes out. You know us PC players and our Steam sales...

wex89 said:
Sooo they toitally dropped zestria story so we should get game , no thanks if they had properly advertised that zestria was on PC aswell by launch i would had bought it now after screwing us with this not going to get game.

You didn't see the game on the front page of Steam for months before the release, advertising that you would get Tales of Symphonia for free if you preordered Tales of Zestiria? In any case, with the teaser at the end of the episode, they made it obvious that it would be shifting back to Zestiria. Those two episodes were only publicity for Berseria anyway. The game is months away, so they can't really go further than the prologue and spoil the story.
Sacrificing sleep and sanity for more anime-induced dopamine.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

220 by bushman66 »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.