3It was OK
7.8%
2Disliked it
1.3%
1Hated it
1.3%
Average 4.5
451 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 12, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this love triangle is getting somewhat moody.

It's kinda funny seeing Satone in a more shy way though since she's usually the one full with energy. Well, the girls looked cute in those outfits :3. I'm not surprised that Satone is asking questions relating to Yuuta and Rikka's relationship directly. I sense jealousy.
Mar 12, 2014 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
Pink hair girl is too conscious about her feeling to main guy now, and she's in training now. lol @ Death girl and Mori Summer battle. Chuuni girl's sister realized it. lol @ them trying to get pink hair girl to admit she likes him. Mori Summer understands her despite being tsundere. She's trying to overcome the feeling again. It's interesting that she "gets attacks" when he goes to chuuni girl more and more. He's such a too nice guy that made her cry at the end.
tsubasaloverMar 12, 2014 9:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 12, 2014 10:30 AM

Dec 2013
Dammit, after all anime I've seen I should know Japanese by now LOL! Hopefully some kind soul have been translating this episode by tomorrow :)

Mar 12, 2014 5:25 PM

Aug 2012
So much feels .

Poor Shichimiya :(
Mar 12, 2014 8:16 PM

Jun 2011
Next episode prediction: Yuuta is going to ask Shichimiya "Are you ok?" Shichimiya will say that she's ok, it's nothing. Yuuta will believe her.

HOW TO HAVE A HAREM 101.
ShihMar 12, 2014 8:23 PM
Mar 12, 2014 8:20 PM

Dec 2013
"this time we won't make Rikka suffer, don't worry about it!" ...BUT WE'RE GONNA MAKE SATONE CRY HER HEART OUT AND WISH SHE HAD NEVER BEEN BORN.

That was cruel, too cruel. Rikka and Yuuta have more of a father-daughter relationship, but with Satone it was always a lot more mature. Truth be told, even if Rikka is cuter, Satone is a much better character. Kinda want her to win in the end, but we all know that ain't happening
"Living well is the best revenge"
Mar 12, 2014 8:24 PM

Jan 2014
Shih said:
Next episode prediction: Yuuta is going to ask Shichimiya "Are you ok?" Shichimiya will say that she's ok, it's nothing. Yuuta will believe her.

HOW TO HAVE A HAREM 101.

Lol xD!!

Liked the ep. I just hope they develop it well the 2 remaining episodes
Mar 12, 2014 8:27 PM

May 2013
Well this episode made it clear that there is a love triangle!

I don`t know why some people hate Shichimiya`s character she`s totally awesome for me!

That last seen was so well done! Damn poor Shuchimiya =( although I don`t know for what girl I should root for?

Great Episode, can`t wait until next week!

Just 2 episodes left =(
Mar 12, 2014 11:24 PM

Nov 2013
That critical hit!

Actually she had her chance in the past and it will be real bitchy if she ends up with Yuuta. We all know how it is going to end though.
Mar 12, 2014 11:41 PM

Oct 2013
CR streams in Thursdays 9:00 PDT. And others get to see it a DAY before? (Of course unless you watch in Japan) I feel like I live under the rock... ._.)
Mar 13, 2014 1:05 AM

May 2011
R4vel said:
CR streams in Thursdays 9:00 PDT. And others get to see it a DAY before? (Of course unless you watch in Japan) I feel like I live under the rock... ._.)

That's cause within hours of the Japanese TV broadcasts (around noon PST on Wednesday) there's video raws posted all over the bit torrent networks. Also, during mid day on Thursday(EST) fansubs come out with translated videos.

----------------------------------------

I felt sad for Satone. Cause Yuuta is generically dense about how Satone feels. Sadly, the one pet peeve i have about male leads in anime is the most common. Dense morons who can't figure out a girl really likes them.

At the end Satone yells "dame da yo!"(Stop it!) at Yuuta. Because Yuuta coming to her rescue with an umbrella and being Mr. Knight in shining armor is painful to her. just after he hands her the Umbrella she says "Hidoi yo" or "Chidoi yo" pretty much means "your so mean/brutal".

CirrisMar 13, 2014 1:24 AM
Mar 13, 2014 10:28 AM

Dec 2013
Accomplice said:
Interesting Love triangle, but wondering what they're going to squeeze in the the next two episodes.

Hey! That's my picture I made in photoshop of Yuno! :P

Mar 13, 2014 11:26 AM

Apr 2012
Only in anime can a male MC be this dense about girls!
Mar 13, 2014 11:30 AM

Aug 2010
Shit!!! They fuckin did it! They made me cheer for Satone (Which obviously will lose T_T)...She's officially a better character than Rikka for me.

Poor Girl! The cruelty she went through this ep was too much T^T

She's holding all her feelings in for Rikka's sake. That gains her so much points. Many girls would just try to disrupt the love triangle but she's resisting all this pain :*(...Just toooo cruel ;_;

How she was rolling in her bed at night, trying to stop thinking about him the whole ep and finally when she thought she overcame it BAM! Critcal Hit Surprise attack with the umbrella! Ouch!! >~<

And how the F*** didn't Yuuta realize she friggin loves him with all the questions she asked him and her reactions to them *FACE PALM*
Mar 13, 2014 11:32 AM

May 2013
Poor Satone, having to fight off her feelings for Yuuta. Now she can't take it anymore.
Mar 13, 2014 11:48 AM
Oct 2013
I'm still disliking the fact that a love triangle is happening in this show... I liked it when it was pure vanilla.

Regardless, Nibutani's baloon throw was hilarious.
Mar 13, 2014 11:59 AM
Jul 2012
Satone > Rikka personally Rikka isn't that interesting to me anymore. Dekimori and Satone are both much better Chuuni and both funnier also although I do like Rikka she doesn't compare much to those two so I would prefer they go with a Satone end. But they wont.
Mar 13, 2014 12:01 PM

Jul 2013
Mental breakdown incoming. Really feel bad for Satone, such a strong girl. Yuuta is so dense, nothing new here. Very rarely do you ever see a MC that isn't thick-headed! Being too kind can do more bad than good sometimes.
Mar 13, 2014 12:29 PM

Oct 2013
daysun22 said:
"this time we won't make Rikka suffer, don't worry about it!" ...BUT WE'RE GONNA MAKE SATONE CRY HER HEART OUT AND WISH SHE HAD NEVER BEEN BORN.

That was cruel, too cruel. Rikka and Yuuta have more of a father-daughter relationship, but with Satone it was always a lot more mature. Truth be told, even if Rikka is cuter, Satone is a much better character. Kinda want her to win in the end, but we all know that ain't happening

This describes all my feels ._. and I thought I would still be on team Rikka at the beginning of this, but its slowly changing.
Mar 13, 2014 12:37 PM

Sep 2012
Is this really only going to be 12 episodes? It feels like it needs more, or at least a third season.
Mar 13, 2014 12:40 PM

Apr 2013
That critical hit was very effective :o
Togashi can't be underestimated :3
I thought Satome was more interesting but the end result will still be the same :o
Rikka all the way!

P.S. I also think Satome has a much more interesting character and that Rikka is cuter lol
duderusMar 13, 2014 12:43 PM

Mar 13, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
Satone's reaction to the picture of Yuuta is priceless !

That surprise attack, ffs ! Poor Satone.

Even if it's sad to see her like that, she's the reason of the relation development between Yuuta and Rikka.

She is not here to disrupt the love, she fights it and helps them. Sad but beautiful. Definitely my favorite character.

5/5
Mar 13, 2014 1:18 PM
Jul 2013
miskos3 said:
I'm still disliking the fact that a love triangle is happening in this show... I liked it when it was pure vanilla.

What? A romance without a love triangle? BLASPHEMY!..
Yea, this overly-used love triangle cliche is really annoying... When I noticed it was gonna happen my hype for this season was stomped. -_-
I just end up skipping through that content until I catch a glimps of something actually interesting going on on the episode.
Mar 13, 2014 1:19 PM

Jun 2013
Right in the feels!

Actually rooting for both Satone and Rikka now (how is this even possible ffs?). Slightly leaning towards Satone more though, something about her just feels right. She's the kind of girl you marry and have kids with.

5/5.
Mar 13, 2014 1:41 PM

May 2009
I'm tired of that Satoneshit
Mar 13, 2014 1:43 PM

Mar 2012
Starting out with a pool scene right after a beach episode? Well played KyoAni, well played.
Mar 13, 2014 2:11 PM

Nov 2012
Wonder how they'll manage to resolve all the drama in just 2 episodes?
Mar 13, 2014 2:14 PM

Jun 2011
We get more of the horrible father daughter relationship of Yuuta and Rikka while the best character Satone gets made to cry and the best couple of Yuuta x Satone does not stand a snowballs chance in hell of happening.

Even in season one i found Nibutani a much better character than Rikka and i feel she matched Yuuta better but she got shoved into some forced implied yuri relationship with Dekomori.

Lets face it Rikka seems happiest when she is screwing around playing pretend with Dekomori so lets just have Rikka and Dekomori go play pretend forever while Yuuta and Satone can have an infinitely better relationship together.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Mar 13, 2014 2:38 PM
Dec 2013
That episode made me fell really sorry for Shichimiya as you see her old feelings come to light, But I am glad nothing did happen.
Mar 13, 2014 2:38 PM

Dec 2010
Just drop dead, Dark Flame Master.
Being a magical devil girl is truly suffering.
The only way out is to make a contract to end it all.
But seriously, noone should ever have to go through what Satone has.
She's literally killing all her feelings slowly, and I don't think that ever tides over well for anyone.
Slicer22 said:
We get more of the horrible father daughter relationship of Yuuta and Rikka while the best character Satone gets made to cry and the best couple of Yuuta x Satone does not stand a snowballs chance in hell of happening.

Lets face it Rikka seems happiest when she is screwing around playing pretend with Dekomori so lets just have Rikka and Dekomori go play pretend forever while Yuuta and Satone can have an infinitely better relationship together.

Agreed, it's like watching people that compliment each other having to part due to some babysitting relationship. And Satone has to hold back for what? Yuuta just goes on and on to say how little his relationship with Rikka has progressed. And still Satone didn't even break down until he decided to do something as tactless as to reach out and be kind to her as well as Rikka at the same time.

http://i.imgur.com/kZGvvk2.jpg http://i.imgur.com/RPELPZL.jpg I never thought I'd put someone else above Nibutani, but Satone really is best.
AnvicaMar 13, 2014 2:59 PM
Mar 13, 2014 2:59 PM
Aug 2013
DAYUM
Mar 13, 2014 3:26 PM
Oct 2010
Shih said:
Ikr? Anime MC's obliviousness is commonly on a surreal level.

I never get used to it though, it pisses me every time. Well, most of the times, on rare occasions it's done in a good way... not here though.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 13, 2014 3:34 PM

May 2011
Rikka is such a boring character right now. Shichimiya definitely my fav. I'll admit, I cried when she was crying and I'm the type of person that would probably drop this show after this ep knowing that she cannot win... Why, such a great character is introduced now, near the end of the second season -.-
Mar 13, 2014 3:46 PM

Jan 2014
Critical hit!
5/5
Mar 13, 2014 3:57 PM

Mar 2010
Still hoping for a lot of Rikka's development to a proper romantic interest in the next 2 episodes. She's kinda... More like MCs imouto now. At least she feels like that to me. Also when she looked up at that eletricity tower I though she might climb it. Good thing she didn't. Yet
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Mar 13, 2014 4:03 PM

Oct 2010
Ajunky said:
Shih said:
Ikr? Anime MC's obliviousness is commonly on a surreal level.

I never get used to it though, it pisses me every time. Well, most of the times, on rare occasions it's done in a good way... not here though.
Why is it always the fault of the MC though? Not saying that Yuuta isn't dense, but if a character is upset then they should let it be known. If Satone continues to hide her feelings, then Yuuta is under no obligation to just "know" how she feels. She needs to tell him herself.
Mar 13, 2014 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
Yuuta still didn't realize that Satone loved him. I hope Satone will confess her feelings for Yuuta soon.
Mar 13, 2014 4:16 PM

Oct 2011
T_______T The spell over Shichimiaya is broken
Mar 13, 2014 4:19 PM

Oct 2009
Please ... Sophia ...

:'(

You know, I kinda feel bad for it, but when Rikka was shown near that tower rain started to fall, I kinda ... hoped that she'd get hit by lightning ... lol.

I really don't mind Rikka but I'm not particularly in love with her either. Satone and Nibutani are both superior to Rikka (Satone > Nibutani > Rikka), I think. Like others have said, Rikka is more of a daughter (or imouto at best) at the moment.

I know that there's pretty much 0% chance for Satone -- but I just hope they don't brush over her feelings (and make her somehow get over them in the few episodes to come) as that'll really make me mad.

EDIT:

VGFACTCHECKER said:
already know where this is heading. Eyepatch finds pink hair and dude making out she runs and says she is moving out. Credits ep 12.

Best ending right there.
YanofliesMar 13, 2014 4:26 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2014 4:21 PM

Sep 2007
I usually detest love triangles but this one is turning out to be quite a decent story. Kuzuha is so cute too!

Mar 13, 2014 4:26 PM
Jan 2013
NTR Shichimiya NTR...
Mar 13, 2014 4:52 PM

Oct 2013
Slicer22 said:

Even in season one i found Nibutani a much better character than Rikka and i feel she matched Yuuta better but she got shoved into some forced implied yuri relationship with Dekomori.

That late sentence please. It will be infinitely better if Satone x Yutta will sail. For some reason, I've been rooting for the impossible lately. Linda for Golden Time.

Oh well, I guess it will be a really sad Spring break for me once this finishes.
Mar 13, 2014 5:14 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
You know who needs some love? Isshiki. It's just plain cruel how everyone forgot about him.
Mar 13, 2014 5:20 PM

Mar 2010
Laraid said:
You know who needs some love? Isshiki. It's just plain cruel how everyone forgot about him.

It seems pretty common in romcoms that MC's male comic relief friend doesn't get the girl. I'm surprised Satoshi got one in Hyouka
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Mar 13, 2014 5:23 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was perfect for:

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Schichimya, if you want Yuuta to love you just make a Contract with me! XD

I think the little girl that Touko brought would have been really fun to see playing with Rikka if she had appeared at the beginning...

I feared that Rikka was planning to climb the electrical tower or get hit by lightning. Even if I stopped liking her this season, that's too cruel a way to go, heheh.

Poor Satone, as this look right now she would really make a better MC with Yuuta. Rikka looks like a daughter and he looks extremely clueless, almost Emiya Shirou levels of clueless...I think Satone's far more mature and a better fit. Hoping she gets to win this time.
Faust91xMar 13, 2014 5:39 PM
Mar 13, 2014 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
Oh boy.
Satone's battle..not gonna be pretty.

Nibutani's balloon throw was funny XD
Mar 13, 2014 5:46 PM

Mar 2012
I liked Shichimiya before but the past couple of episodes made me like her even more now.

Laraid said:

Who?
Mar 13, 2014 5:49 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Only two more to go :(
Mar 13, 2014 5:52 PM

Aug 2013
BladesOfTime said:
Awesome episode.Only two more to go :(

Has KyoAni comfirmed how many episodes this will have? I feel like its just getting interesting!
Mar 13, 2014 6:40 PM

May 2012
I'm tired of this love triangle nonsense. Can we have some Nibutani X Dekomori yuri hardcore action? I feel like that's the only thing left that can save this season.
lightXTCMar 13, 2014 6:43 PM
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

170 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Yesterday, 1:32 AM

» What happend to isshiki screentime?

ShaggyBoyy - May 28, 2023

7 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Yesterday, 1:28 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

295 by ShinigamiGang »»
May 19, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

415 by FarCritical »»
May 7, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2014

175 by FarCritical »»
May 6, 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.