Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu' Anime Adaptation Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 12, 2014 10:29 AM

Jun 2009
HATUL said:
insan3Spectre said:
Valkyrion said:
They should just let Zexcs turn the greatest anime series into the greatest trainwreck in history. With Yamakan as director.

I've got to admit that a version of LoGH done badly could be entertaining in it's own way.

Yeah, but we already have that. It's called Golden Wings, lol.

I've never heard of that. Seriously, I don't think it exists. Really. I'm telling you it doesn't exist! So don't you dare link me to this movie that I deny the existence of !
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 12, 2014 10:29 AM

Jan 2011
YES! I can't wait for more wine sipping and glorious strategic battles set to classical music.
[center]
Feb 12, 2014 10:31 AM

Mar 2008
VioLink said:
YES! I can't wait for more wine sipping and glorious strategic battles set to classical music.
You mean to say it won't be happy teatime with cute girl idols and combining ships? What about my JAM PROJECT and robotto valkyries? This can't be right.
I demand that cowardly Yang be given the harem he deserves!
Feb 12, 2014 10:34 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hayayandere said:
I consider the OVA one of the best anime ever, but I'm still looking forward to this, since it will be more faithful to the novels that I sadly have yet to read. Hope the orginal cast and staff returns, especially Ishiguro and Horikawa (he's the only Reinhard).

Unfortunately Noboru Ishiguro passed away in 2012. It'd be great if they can get Horikawa and some of the old cast to redo their roles, but that rarely happens in anime reboots (see Berserk films).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 12, 2014 10:35 AM

Jun 2011
Wind_Sr said:
the new series will not be a remake, but rather will be adapting more from the original novels.

So, it's a continuation then?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 12, 2014 10:35 AM
Aug 2011
Things I never EVER saw coming: this.

I've had the OVA stalled at ep 15 for about a year now, I should probably get back on that.

metamorphius said:
And Yuki Kaji as Oberstein

omg
standFeb 12, 2014 10:41 AM
Feb 12, 2014 10:37 AM

Jun 2009
ToG25thBaam said:
Wind_Sr said:
the new series will not be a remake, but rather will be adapting more from the original novels.

So, it's a continuation then?

Doubt it, I am pretty sure there is no more material after the point where the original OVA series ends.

parfaited said:
Things I never EVER saw coming: this.

I've had the OVA stalled at ep 15 for about a year now, I should probably get back on that.

You should.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 12, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2011
THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE I
The Shrike

Nov 2009
metamorphius said:
Valkyrion said:
They should just let Zexcs turn the greatest anime series into the greatest trainwreck animated work in history. With Yamakan as director.

And Yuki Kaji as Oberstein, Jun Maeda and Okada Mari working on the script to make it more appropriate for the modern times, and character designs improved by Naruko Hanaharu (the author of Gargantia and tons of hentai).

Indeed.

They'll probably make the Reinhardt/Siegfried relationship canon and have Charlotte Cazzelnu be an MC, probably with cat ears and saying stuff like "Oni-chan no baka" every time Wenli does something or "Oishii" every time she gets something to eat.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 2012
I know that Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu is popular here in MAL and that many people like it, but it is still not on my plan to watch list. I just don't feel like adding it, what the fuck is wrong with me???
I guess it's time to add it :3 This is great news for the fans!!!

Dec 2007
VioLink said:

In 201X it will be kawaii space nazis doing kawaii things with Pseudo-Dubstep BGM and anime original ending of manly men smooching each other for the fujoshis to draw full color yaoi doujins and then it will adapted to a hollywood movie with Leonardo Decaprio and more people will watch it than the series itself. Mark my words.
Feb 12, 2014 10:42 AM

Apr 2013
The new LOGH will make everything in this century becomes trash
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Feb 12, 2014 10:42 AM

Aug 2010
It better be moe as fuck.
Feb 12, 2014 10:43 AM
May 2013
WOW. This better not be a joke...please...

Also...how many episodes lol.

Apr 2011
Let's hope it's less boring than the original LOGH OVAs
Feb 12, 2014 10:46 AM

Sep 2013
Valaskjalf said:
Let's hope it's less boring than the original LOGH OVAs

Go away.

Oh and an obligatory Sieg Kaiser Reinhardo ofc

Jun 2009
Hahalollawl said:
WOW. This better not be a joke...please...

Also...how many episodes lol.

It will be a movie adapting the entire 110 episodes. Don't blink.

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 2010
Master Piece News ...
:)

Mar 2008
Tengai said:
I know that Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu is popular here in MAL and that many people like it, but it is still not on my plan to watch list. I just don't feel like adding it, what the fuck is wrong with me???
I guess it's time to add it :3 This is great news for the fans!!!
You are a good person.

Aug 2009
Marzan said:
metamorphius said:
Valkyrion said:
They should just let Zexcs turn the greatest anime series into the greatest trainwreck animated work in history. With Yamakan as director.

And Yuki Kaji as Oberstein, Jun Maeda and Okada Mari working on the script to make it more appropriate for the modern times, and character designs improved by Naruko Hanaharu (the author of Gargantia and tons of hentai).

Indeed.

They'll probably make the Reinhardt/Siegfried relationship canon and have Charlotte Cazzelnu be an MC, probably with cat ears and saying stuff like "Oni-chan no baka" every time Wenli does something or "Oishii" every time she gets something to eat.

Now we're getting somewhere with this. Contact the Committee.
Feb 12, 2014 10:49 AM

Feb 2014
OMGGGGGGGGG
Feb 12, 2014 10:52 AM

Oct 2009
OH YES!!! Though I have yet to watch the movies and the prequel :|
Hope they won't fuck it up.
SEIG KAISER REINHARD!!!
Feb 12, 2014 10:52 AM
Jun 2011
I hope it's a complete remake, that way I don't have to watch the original. Way too many episodes and it's old as fuck.
Feb 12, 2014 10:53 AM

May 2010
This better not shame the original.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 12, 2014 10:54 AM

Nov 2008
Drzlink said:
I hope it's a complete remake, that way I don't have to watch the original. Way too many episodes and it's old as fuck.

I hope there's a recap episode since it's just adapting more of the LN, the orginal has far too many episodes for me to watch without losing interest.

Feb 12, 2014 10:54 AM

Oct 2007
Marzan said:
metamorphius said:
Valkyrion said:

Indeed.

Either her, or maybe Katerose gets bumped ahead to appearing near the start of the series instead of season 3 for Yang's side. Maybe Littenheim's daughter gets promoted to having speaking lines and Reinhard has to deal with her coming back to seek vengeance in a one episode filler or they take that one nobles daughter that Kircheis had to coax a code out of make her a mascot for the Brunhild. Annerose gets a fanservice scenes or something.

There's a lot of ways this could go horribly wrong in trying to hook that modern audience.

Hoppy said:
Drzlink said:

I hope there's a recap episode since it's just adapting more of the LN, the orginal has far too many episodes for me to watch without losing interest.

I watched the whole thing all the way through 3 times now and can still just jump into any random scene or episode at any point when I'm feeling down and be immediately engaged. I guess the subject matter and the dialogues just aren't to everyone's taste. I have the same problem with a lot of moe slice of life shows. It has it's audience for sure, it's just the content, characters and dialogue doesn't engage or interest me even in the slightest 95% of the time.
PeacingOutFeb 12, 2014 10:58 AM
Feb 12, 2014 10:55 AM
Jun 2011
Hoppy said:
Drzlink said:

Yeah i read the full thread, I won't watch the original. too many episodes.
Feb 12, 2014 10:55 AM

Mar 2008
Hoppy said:
Drzlink said:

You managed to get through KHR. Nothing is impossible!

LoGH will save your soul.

Drzlink said:
BUT THINK OF THE CHILDREN. Try the film, and see if it does not change your mind.

Confucius said:
This better not shame the original.

There is no shame in trying.
What can not be, will be. A NEW LOGH FOR A NEW AGE.
CkanFeb 12, 2014 10:58 AM
Feb 12, 2014 10:58 AM
Jun 2011
Ckan said:
Hoppy said:
Drzlink said:

You managed to get through KHR. Nothing is impossible!

LoGH will save your soul.

Drzlink said:
BUT THINK OF THE CHILDREN. Try the film, and see if it does not change your mind.

I can't stand KHR, he's a wimp lol long shows just bore me honestly. link me to the MAL film - ill check it out i guess
Feb 12, 2014 10:58 AM

Aug 2009
Hoppy said:

You completed Yu-Gi-Oh, according to your list. Nothing is impossible.
Feb 12, 2014 10:59 AM

Mar 2008
Drzlink said:
Ckan said:
Drzlink said:

I can't stand KHR, he's a wimp lol long shows just bore me honestly. link me to the MAL film - ill check it out i guess
You are a good person. I would hold hands, but that's the monitor is stopping me.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/3014/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu:_Waga_Yuku_wa_Hoshi_no_Taikai
Feb 12, 2014 10:59 AM

Oct 2008
Akito_Kinomoto said:
I don't know if an LoGH remake is financially viable in today's...anime industry.

If Yamato made a comeback and was very successful (which it was), then I guess LoGH stands a chance as well, possibly.. But yeah, I think Yamato is more famous.
I think they'd probably use Yaoi subtext to at least bring in the fujoshis or something.. Besides, I'd be lying if I said there wasn't any of that in the original anyway, lol.
Feb 12, 2014 11:01 AM

May 2010
But who will substitute the voice of Yang Wenli and Oberstein?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 12, 2014 11:01 AM

Apr 2012
I'm looking forward to watch this! A real masterpiece to hype for at last!
Feb 12, 2014 11:02 AM

Sep 2013
Confucius said:
But who will substitute the voice of Yang Wenli and Oberstein?

Hideaki Anno

The news post got me wondering though, are they doing it over from the beginning, or animating a new side story? At first I got the impression that it's done from the beginning but I'm not sure anymore.
Feb 12, 2014 11:02 AM

Mar 2008
HATUL said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:
I don't know if an LoGH remake is financially viable in today's...anime industry.

If Yamato made a comeback and was very successful (which it was), then I guess LoGH stands a chance as well, possibly.. But yeah, I think Yamato is more famous.
I think they'd probably use Yaoi subtext to at least bring in the fujoshis or something.. Besides, I'd be lying if I said there wasn't any of that in the original anyway, lol.
All we have to do is give them technicoloured hair, and popular, suave, seiyuus. We'll have the biggest hit to sail the seven seas. A ship of shipping ships. A marching of fabulous bands of men.
Feb 12, 2014 11:03 AM

Nov 2008
metamorphius said:
Hoppy said:

You completed Yu-Gi-Oh, according to your list. Nothing is impossible.

Well not impossible but more in the improbable category. I just don't have the willpower to sit through more than 65 episodes these days (I blame being conditioned on the current state of anime being 2 cours max for everything that's not a kid's show).

Feb 12, 2014 11:03 AM

Feb 2011
If remake instant watch.
Feb 12, 2014 11:04 AM

Aug 2009
HATUL said:

The only question now is which main couple are they going to ship, the obvious Reinhard x Kircheis or a the more star-crossed one.

Hoppy said:
I blame being conditioned on the current state of anime being 2 cours max for everything that's not a kid's show)

That's true. I was just thinking the other day how funny it is that I've started considering a 26-episode show somewhat long.
Feb 12, 2014 11:05 AM

Mar 2008
metamorphius said:
HATUL said:

The only question now is which main couple are they going to ship, the obvious Reinhard x Kircheis or a the more star-crossed one.
The goal is to make all routes viable to maximise tonnage loaded.
Feb 12, 2014 11:06 AM

Jul 2012
The world makes sense again!!!
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Feb 12, 2014 11:10 AM

Dec 2007
>People want a new anime remake because they don't want to bother watching the original because it's old as fuck and it has old animation and 110 episodes

If only Kircheis were here...
Feb 12, 2014 11:11 AM

Jan 2010
I'm not sure if I like this or not. I don't feel like remaking it is the proper thing to do. It's fine the way it is, and I like how it has such a large episode count so casual viewers are discouraged by it. It makes the fanbase much nicer and less obnoxious.

I wouldn't mind if they made it like Yamato 2199 which was a good modern interpretation, but I would be very disappointed if they made a mess of things. I'm not getting my hopes up for this at all.
Ok™
Feb 12, 2014 11:11 AM

Oct 2008
metamorphius said:
HATUL said:

Lol.
Though it would be nice if yuri subtext instead.. Frederica x Hildegard would be really hot..
Feb 12, 2014 11:12 AM

Dec 2013
Awesome ! I am so watching it !
Feb 12, 2014 11:14 AM

Mar 2013
Welp, guess its time to watch this shit
Feb 12, 2014 11:15 AM

May 2013
HATUL said:
metamorphius said:
HATUL said:

Lol.
Though it would be nice if yuri subtext instead.. Frederica x Hildegard would be really hot..

My brain just exploded. Too much awesome hotness.

Feb 12, 2014 11:15 AM

Aug 2009
HATUL said:

My eyes have been opened. I'm officially endorsing this.
Feb 12, 2014 11:20 AM

Nov 2011
Maybe I'll watch this remake, since I don't understand why it is so famous in MAL but unknown in the rest of the web (and the sinopse itself don't interest me at all, but looks like this one is some kind of hidden gem or something)

Also I don't have the motivation to watch a 13-episode anime, if I tried a 110 episode one I'd die before I finished watching it. So I guess it'll be better for me to watch the remake as it is released.
amakkiFeb 12, 2014 11:37 AM
「喜びも悲しみもあなたさえ五等分なんです!」

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

18 by malvarez1 »»
53 minutes ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

1 by Badonkers »»
9 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

29 by RealNath »»
12 hours ago

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - Yesterday

0 by Aiimee »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.