Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 7, 2009 1:22 PM
Dec 2007
Great episode as always (oh and Taki is cute :)), I'm eagerly waiting for a third season.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 7, 2009 4:59 PM
Dec 2007
More seasons!!! We need more seasons!!!!
Apr 7, 2009 5:54 PM

Jan 2009
Calm series is calm and better than last. Nice relaxing anime.
Apr 8, 2009 6:54 AM

Jan 2008
A very good ending in my opinion. It left me with satisfied feeling...even though I still want more of Natsume. Yeah, same here. I want another season of this show.

robbydesu said:
I'm chinese and a lot of japanese culture is similar to chinese culture, so when I saw a certain scene, I got chills because I sort of knew the deeper meaning behind that scene.

I've been having a hunch for the last half of this season that Touko-san and Shigeru-san knew about Natsume's secret, or knew that there is something going on

....so when I saw the windchime, I got a rush of chills and this warm feeling.

In chinese culture, it's actually considered to be bad luck to put up windchimes because it attracts ghosts and spirits and all sorts of things that isn't pleasant. So when I saw how Touko-san and Shigeru-san put up that windchime back up and that they know Natsume had origianlly took it down....

...I just KNOW that they know about Natsume's secret. I was at tears when Touko-san said "It's okay" as if she's reassuring Natsume, telling him that they are okay with him and accept him the way he is along with his secret.

So with that conclusion between Natsume and Touko/Shigeru, and the feelings that Nyanko-sensei has for the relationship between him and Natsume...I am extremely happy with the final episode :D

Really? Is it - about the windchime? I thought windchimes are goodluck charms when placed in right place like doors. Heh, fengshui. It's good to read your post and I came to understand the meaning about that scene...although I guessed along that line in Natsume, and his foster parents scene.
Apr 8, 2009 2:04 PM

Jun 2008
hmm...maybe they really do know about it because now that I think about it, it really does seem like they know about it and are just waiting for Natsume to tell them himself (:
Apr 8, 2009 8:01 PM

Dec 2008
Lieila said:
A very good ending in my opinion. It left me with satisfied feeling...even though I still want more of Natsume. Yeah, same here. I want another season of this show.

robbydesu said:
I'm chinese and a lot of japanese culture is similar to chinese culture, so when I saw a certain scene, I got chills because I sort of knew the deeper meaning behind that scene.

I've been having a hunch for the last half of this season that Touko-san and Shigeru-san knew about Natsume's secret, or knew that there is something going on

In chinese culture, it's actually considered to be bad luck to put up windchimes because it attracts ghosts and spirits and all sorts of things that isn't pleasant. So when I saw how Touko-san and Shigeru-san put up that windchime back up and that they know Natsume had origianlly took it down....

...I just KNOW that they know about Natsume's secret. I was at tears when Touko-san said "It's okay" as if she's reassuring Natsume, telling him that they are okay with him and accept him the way he is along with his secret.

So with that conclusion between Natsume and Touko/Shigeru, and the feelings that Nyanko-sensei has for the relationship between him and Natsume...I am extremely happy with the final episode :D

Really? Is it - about the windchime? I thought windchimes are goodluck charms when placed in right place like doors. Heh, fengshui. It's good to read your post and I came to understand the meaning about that scene...although I guessed along that line in Natsume, and his foster parents scene.
Well uh >_>...my mother will probably be the most superstitious chinese person I'll ever know...so I think I can base my comment upon that knowledge. And sorta based on like...basic knowledge of chinese superstitions.

I had a friend, who claims that she (and her aunt and mom) can see ghosts/spirits. So I've heard a few of her "experiences"...and I clearly remembered her making reference to how she had a windchime hanging by her bedroom door. The only reason for her to mention that, is that it's common superstitious knowledge that it attracts ghosts.

Fengshui...is something different, it's really more of where the land is, placement of the property (where it's facing, NEWS) and sometimes to the extreme is where the furnitures are placed :P

hirahira said:
hmm...maybe they really do know about it because now that I think about it, it really does seem like they know about it and are just waiting for Natsume to tell them himself (:
Exactly!! :D
Apr 9, 2009 6:14 PM

Jan 2008
PERFECT. BRILLIANT. MARVELLOUS. ABSOLUTELY EPIC. EMOTIONAL. FUNNY. INTERESTING. PRECIOUS.

OMG please, give us a third season of 5445546345 episodes. Natsume Forever.

:(.

11/10.
Apr 10, 2009 1:33 PM

Apr 2007
oh god, so epic.

that last reiko scene was STUNNING.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Apr 10, 2009 11:33 PM

Jun 2007
robbydesu said:
Sayako said:
There were some things I wish they would've added in, like Natsume telling his parents.

I only wish that we could see a sort of reunion between Natsume and Kai :P

I'm really going to miss this series a lot...I really hope that there is a new season..I mean, anything is possible right?

ya I was thinking the same thing about Touko and Shigeru knowing about Natsume, in fact I posted about it waaay back when Natsume was hanging with wife. I think it was 6 or 7 episodes ago. I don't think they knew 100% until the recent incident though. By then it was pretty obvious he was like his grandma.

PS. in japan win chimes are used to scare away birds and evil spirits. Just to be sure I double checked Wiki and sure enough it confirmed it, as well as mentioning
Later, wind bells were introduced to China and were also hung in temples, palaces and homes. Japanese glass wind bells known as Fūrin (風鈴) have been produced since the Edo period [2]. Wind chimes are thought to be good luck in parts of Asia and are used in Feng Shui.

Your part must be overly superstitious or something lol.

Overall I loved the both series and I hope for a 3rd. They still have a bunch of content they can touch on. For example the whole group that hunts spirits (the leader and Natsume are currently not friends). There's also Natsume's grandma and how she died...or better yet what happened to his parents? They could also focus more on Natsume trying to tell Touko and Shigeru about his powers...
Apr 11, 2009 5:15 AM

Dec 2008
DeathfireD said:
robbydesu said:
Sayako said:
There were some things I wish they would've added in, like Natsume telling his parents.

I'm really going to miss this series a lot...I really hope that there is a new season..I mean, anything is possible right?

ya I was thinking the same thing about Touko and Shigeru knowing about Natsume, in fact I posted about it waaay back when Natsume was hanging with wife. I think it was 6 or 7 episodes ago. I don't think they knew 100% until the recent incident though. By then it was pretty obvious he was like his grandma.

PS. in japan win chimes are used to scare away birds and evil spirits. Just to be sure I double checked Wiki and sure enough it confirmed it, as well as mentioning
Later, wind bells were introduced to China and were also hung in temples, palaces and homes. Japanese glass wind bells known as Fūrin (風鈴) have been produced since the Edo period [2]. Wind chimes are thought to be good luck in parts of Asia and are used in Feng Shui.

Yea I also brought it up during that episode in that thread way back, very in depth too >_>.

About the wind chimes, I dunno...wiki isn't always right. I think I'll trust what I've learned about my own culture than random things posted on the internet. Even if it's true, I believe those windchimes have specific characteristics that make it special.

I'm guessing that what I know is something really old and isn't practiced anymore and developed into good luck. *shrugs* I mean, if it was just my mother who believed that then I'll have second thoughts, but I know more than one person who are all chinese who thinks that way :P

Plus, if windchimes are considered good luck and keeps bad spirits away, then it would definitely not make sense in the anime. Since we know that Natsume purposely took it down. We all know that Natsume does NOT want bad spirits to come and harm Touko and Shigeru...so then why would he take the windchime down instead of keeping it up? And it doesn't fit with what Touko-san said when she said "It's okay" right after Shigeru mentions Natsume taking it down and them putting it back up.

Also, of all times, why did Reiko appear when the windchime is put up (of course you can argue she could've visited when we weren't looking). Wind chimes are considered to be bad luck because it's sort of like a key that helps open the gateway for spirits in general, good and bad, so then it's easier for them to appear in a certain home, etc.

And really, trust me....fengshui is not so simple as to put a windchime up and bam you get good luck. It gets really extreme and has to do with the position of property and the location of where it's facing (NEWS). I had heard about it ALL the time when my family was picking a place to open their restaurant. I didn't believe in fengshui, so I got quite annoyed about hearing about how every place they checked had bad fengshui =_=;;

Apr 12, 2009 7:49 PM

Jun 2007
robbydesu said:
DeathfireD said:
robbydesu said:
Sayako said:

Yea I also brought it up during that episode in that thread way back, very in depth too >_>.

About the wind chimes, I dunno...wiki isn't always right. I think I'll trust what I've learned about my own culture than random things posted on the internet. Even if it's true, I believe those windchimes have specific characteristics that make it special.

I'm guessing that what I know is something really old and isn't practiced anymore and developed into good luck. *shrugs* I mean, if it was just my mother who believed that then I'll have second thoughts, but I know more than one person who are all chinese who thinks that way :P

Plus, if windchimes are considered good luck and keeps bad spirits away, then it would definitely not make sense in the anime. Since we know that Natsume purposely took it down. We all know that Natsume does NOT want bad spirits to come and harm Touko and Shigeru...so then why would he take the windchime down instead of keeping it up? And it doesn't fit with what Touko-san said when she said "It's okay" right after Shigeru mentions Natsume taking it down and them putting it back up.

Also, of all times, why did Reiko appear when the windchime is put up (of course you can argue she could've visited when we weren't looking). Wind chimes are considered to be bad luck because it's sort of like a key that helps open the gateway for spirits in general, good and bad, so then it's easier for them to appear in a certain home, etc.

And really, trust me....fengshui is not so simple as to put a windchime up and bam you get good luck. It gets really extreme and has to do with the position of property and the location of where it's facing (NEWS). I had heard about it ALL the time when my family was picking a place to open their restaurant. I didn't believe in fengshui, so I got quite annoyed about hearing about how every place they checked had bad fengshui =_=;;

Why would monks walk around with staffs that make chime noises then? Obviously to scared and destroy "spirits". I may not be from china but everything I've ever heard about wind chimes, regardless of the location, have always resulted in meaning good luck. I can only assume that maybe your town and the towns around you have a specific reason for linking the wing chime to bad luck. It may be similar to how some villages believe a specific color or animal brings back luck but others believe it's good luck.

In any case I did a search on google and yahoo for "Chinese wind chimes back luck" and actually found nothing at all. Every site I saw mentions that it brings great luck or fortune.

PS. the anime takes place in Japan so our arguments are moot anyway. For all we know the wind chime could have reminded the family of Natsume's weird grandma.

I actually don't even remember natsume taking it down so I cant really comment on it.
Apr 16, 2009 7:44 AM

Jun 2008
Finally it's over. I'm sad that it's over since I really think that this series is really good in terms of character and plot development. Nice to see Natsume not so lonely anymore eventhough he has seen the worst in human and youkai.

I agree with a lot of you, there is still some story lines that need to be tied up but I'm fine with where it ended.
Apr 16, 2009 8:46 AM

Dec 2008
DeathfireD said:
Why would monks walk around with staffs that make chime noises then? Obviously to scared and destroy "spirits". I may not be from china but everything I've ever heard about wind chimes, regardless of the location, have always resulted in meaning good luck. I can only assume that maybe your town and the towns around you have a specific reason for linking the wing chime to bad luck. It may be similar to how some villages believe a specific color or animal brings back luck but others believe it's good luck.

In any case I did a search on google and yahoo for "Chinese wind chimes back luck" and actually found nothing at all. Every site I saw mentions that it brings great luck or fortune.

PS. the anime takes place in Japan so our arguments are moot anyway. For all we know the wind chime could have reminded the family of Natsume's weird grandma.

I actually don't even remember natsume taking it down so I cant really comment on it.
ERR...I was never born in China, I've never even been on the other side of the world before. So I dunno the details about villages and whatnot...it'll be a big village I guess since I know people who has the same knowledge as I do

And dude, internet is not the god of information, just because it's not posted up on the web doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's such a black and white way of thinking.

Japan actually originated from China a VEEEEEERRY long time ago, I have no idea how long. But there are bits and pieces of Japanese culture that I think are quite similar to chinese culture, but maybe that's just subjective, depending on your definition of what's considered to be similar or not.

I also don't remember seeing Natsume taking down the wind chime or anything, I'm totally referring everything to the subs:

Shigeru: "Takashi."

Shigeru: "Tanzaku hazushi darou?"

Now the problem is more like mistranslation or misunderstanding (I just recently realized how bad GSS subs are from the first two epis of fma ): ). Because when you read the subbed line you would assume he's talking about the windchime itself. But in fact, "tanzaku" is referring to that lil piece of paper. I looked up the meaning behind it using the almighty google-san, and it's basically something that's considered as good luck.

Let's just say for argument sake, that everything, this meaning both the windchime and tanzaku is considered good luck. Then someone please explain to me why Natsume took it down..for what logical reason would he take down something that's considered to be GOOD LUCK (and ward off bad spirits), when we all know he doesn't want anything to harm Touko and Shigeru..

Also, please explain to me the meaning behind the seemingly touching exchange between Touko-san and Natsume:

Touko: "Daijoubu yo."

Natsume: "Touko-san..."

robbydesuApr 16, 2009 8:51 AM
Apr 17, 2009 6:17 AM

Feb 2008
robbydesu said:
DeathfireD said:

ERR...I was never born in China, I've never even been on the other side of the world before. So I dunno the details about villages and whatnot...it'll be a big village I guess since I know people who has the same knowledge as I do

And dude, internet is not the god of information, just because it's not posted up on the web doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's such a black and white way of thinking.

Japan actually originated from China a VEEEEEERRY long time ago, I have no idea how long. But there are bits and pieces of Japanese culture that I think are quite similar to chinese culture, but maybe that's just subjective, depending on your definition of what's considered to be similar or not.

I also don't remember seeing Natsume taking down the wind chime or anything, I'm totally referring everything to the subs:

Shigeru: "Takashi."

Shigeru: "Tanzaku hazushi darou?"

Now the problem is more like mistranslation or misunderstanding (I just recently realized how bad GSS subs are from the first two epis of fma ): ). Because when you read the subbed line you would assume he's talking about the windchime itself. But in fact, "tanzaku" is referring to that lil piece of paper. I looked up the meaning behind it using the almighty google-san, and it's basically something that's considered as good luck.

Let's just say for argument sake, that everything, this meaning both the wind chime and tanzaku is considered good luck. Then someone please explain to me why Natsume took it down..for what logical reason would he take down something that's considered to be GOOD LUCK (and ward off bad spirits), when we all know he doesn't want anything to harm Touko and Shigeru..

Also, please explain to me the meaning behind the seemingly touching exchange between Touko-san and Natsume:

Touko: "Daijoubu yo."

Natsume: "Touko-san..."

I didn't understood the line "you took that down, right? as something about the wind chime being taken down but rather the opposite. And yes the line is somwehat misleading because why would one have to say "took it down" when they're looking at it up there. I'm not a native English speaker to begin with, so I sometimes get the wrong thought of English sentences and my very very little knowledge with Japanese language can never help me in noticing mistranslated lines. With that said, I don't/cannot complain about mistranslated lines, but rather how the translation makes sense. The chances of a translated line being confusing or misleading to me depends on how it matches the character's action, expression or the scene itself.

As for the wind chime, I re-watched a bit of some previous episodes of season 1 to see if there was actually a scene where Natsume took down the wind chime, but i didn't found one or there's no such scene in the anime. In episode 1 however, you can see the wind chime placed in exactly the same spot, but without the paper.

So, Shigeru might have actually referred to the paper in the wind chime that is placed there (not the wind chime that Natsume? took down).
Apr 17, 2009 6:42 AM

Dec 2008
darkryle said:

As for the wind chime, I re-watched a bit of some previous episodes of season 1 to see if there was actually a scene where Natsume took down the wind chime, but i didn't found one or there's no such scene in the anime. In episode 1 however, you can see the wind chime placed in exactly the same spot, but without the paper.

So, Shigeru might have actually referred to the paper in the wind chime that is placed there (not the wind chime that Natsume? took down).
Hahaha that is exactly what I meant by pointing out the difference between the subbed line and the actual line that had "tanzaku" in it; what Shigeru is talking about is NOT the wind chime, but the paper itself.

It's awesome that you found actual proof that he took the tanzaku down. But that still doesn't explain as to why he would do that. If it is considered to be good luck...why would he take it down? Especially since he doesn't want anything to harm Shigeru and Touko...
Apr 17, 2009 10:07 AM

Feb 2008
robbydesu said:

It's awesome that you found actual proof that he took the tanzaku down. But that still doesn't explain as to why he would do that. If it is considered to be good luck...why would he take it down? Especially since he doesn't want anything to harm Shigeru and Touko...

I only have a little knowledge about Chinese culture and foreign superstitions, so I can't really say anything that will help...

I just re-watched the final episode. My thoughts on the final scene..Shigeru was trying to confirm if Natsume really took down the tanzaku because he was quite certain that the chime had no tanzaku in it. Natsume who normally lies to them when it comes to things that involve youkai, wasn't able to reply at that moment. He was somewhat surprised since he's certain that he did not place the tanzaku back in the chime, so who did?. Proof to that was Natsume's reaction upon hearing the chime making sound; that as if someone's has just placed that tanzaku in the chime at that instant. Touko-san saying that "it's okay" is more of giving us more hint that they already knew all along about the Mystery surrounding Natsume.
Apr 17, 2009 1:25 PM

Mar 2009
I can't believe its over...
What a fantastic, well-written, beautiful series.
Absolutely one of my favorite of all time.
Apr 17, 2009 4:13 PM

Dec 2008
darkryle said:
robbydesu said:

I only have a little knowledge about Chinese culture and foreign superstitions, so I can't really say anything that will help...

I just re-watched the final episode. My thoughts on the final scene..Shigeru was trying to confirm if Natsume really took down the tanzaku because he was quite certain that the chime had no tanzaku in it. Natsume who normally lies to them when it comes to things that involve youkai, wasn't able to reply at that moment. He was somewhat surprised since he's certain that he did not place the tanzaku back in the chime, so who did?. Proof to that was Natsume's reaction upon hearing the chime making sound; that as if someone's has just placed that tanzaku in the chime at that instant. Touko-san saying that "it's okay" is more of giving us more hint that they already knew all along about the Mystery surrounding Natsume.
Err...I thought that it was Shigeru and Touko who put it back up (the tanzaku). Because I had my idea on how the windchime is considered bad luck, having Shigeru and Touko put it back up and saying "It's okay"...was something that confirmed my previous speculations in the past episodes on how they both know about Natsume's secret...or atleast have a hunch that there is something going on..

But now that I realized that Shigeru was referring to the "tanzaku" and not the windchime itself...everything doesn't make sense again....
Apr 17, 2009 4:55 PM

Feb 2008
Who would've thought that a simple decor such as the wind chime would make quite a symbol in this anime. I mean it's just a simple decor that you may not notice especially with the youkai's appearing here and there and Nyanko-senei standing out among any others inside Natsume's room. But for the sake of completely understanding that part with the chime, I will watch other subs of the final episode and hopefully that would help.
Apr 17, 2009 5:13 PM

Dec 2008
darkryle said:
Who would've thought that a simple decor such as the wind chime would make quite a symbol in this anime. I mean it's just a simple decor that you may not notice especially with the youkai's appearing here and there and Nyanko-senei standing out among any others inside Natsume's room. But for the sake of completely understanding that part with the chime, I will watch other subs of the final episode and hopefully that would help.
Niiice!!

Although all Shigeru said (as I posted above) is: tanzaku hazushi darou?

Which I think it's a pretty easy line to translate...

P.S. LOVE your icon XD hahahaha exasperated roy is too funny and cute~
May 7, 2009 12:58 AM

Jan 2009
Loved this anime, just great. Eager for more xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2009 1:54 AM
Jul 2008
The ending was what I expected him to choose, both youkai and humans. It's great to see all the main side characters get involved in the last epsiode. Too bad Kai just left without saying anything to them directly (except for Natsume, but he was knocked out). I expected Natsume to say that being either Youkai or Human, they are all similar, after all that he has been through. Hopefully they add another season or just add some OVAs, so then I can continue watching it.
May 20, 2009 9:59 PM
Mar 2008
Man how I wished it came to a conclusion, because it started with a continuous plot towards the end. But it wouldn't be the same and I wouldn't want it to end anyways. Great series 9/10. Hope there's more.

Btw Natsume and Touko should just get it on already, so much sexual tension there.
May 21, 2009 11:56 PM

Apr 2009
I hope there will be another season. I really wanted to know more about Notori's lizard birthmark!
May 22, 2009 2:44 PM

Nov 2008
I find it quite funny that people are looking this deeply into the anime. Overall, it was enjoyable despite how touchy and feminine the male protagonist is.

7/10
May 30, 2009 8:38 PM

Sep 2008
I'm glad Natsume made the choice he did... :) Both youkai (or ayakashi) and humans are of equal value and importance to him. The ending was really cute, when he invites those two random youkai from before to eat with them, haha. I liked how he made other lasting friends in this season (Taki)...

It was a lovely episode, but it doesn't really feel like an ending. There could be a third season and it would look completely natural (and I want more Natsume Yuujinchou, too). I still really enjoyed this season. It gets a 10 from me.
May 31, 2009 1:32 AM

Aug 2007
Reiko sitting in the window with the book of friends behind her at the end was just the perfect way to end this season.

May 31, 2009 5:56 AM

Nov 2008
merle_noir said:
I'm glad Natsume made the choice he did... :) Both youkai (or ayakashi) and humans are of equal value and importance to him.

That isn't really a surprise. Why would an anime producer polarize his main character and lose his fanbase?
Jun 2, 2009 9:00 PM

Apr 2008
love this series =D ... ok ending bah ...

Jun 7, 2009 8:28 PM

Apr 2008
7/10, not as good as the first season but it was enjoyable.
Jun 15, 2009 2:21 PM

Oct 2007
10/10

I feel a 3rd season coming, which might be doubtful but I wish there was one though.
Jun 20, 2009 12:43 AM

Jul 2008
Personally, I like how Natsume doesn't force an ending. Life isn't like that, freezing in place. It's obvious that there will always be more stories to tell, which I'm glad for.

That being said, I'd love a third season. <3

BEGINNER
Jul 13, 2009 1:24 AM

Nov 2007
Beautiful ending, a very enjoyable anime, a 10 from me. Although I can still see areas which they can address which could make up a 3rd season which would be awesome =] but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Jul 13, 2009 10:45 AM
Mar 2008
T_T Beautiful series D:
I WANT MOAR NATSUME

Also, Kai is so ><
Jul 21, 2009 12:55 PM

Sep 2008
Good ending and good series. I enjoyed the second season a little bit more than the first. Hope there will be another one.
Aug 15, 2009 2:58 PM

Mar 2009
Alls well that ends well. I really liked this. I'm sad theres no more left to watch hopefully they will make a 3rd series one day.

Oct 17, 2009 7:51 PM

Jun 2008
loved watching this series, if they were to make a third season i would love to see some Natsume x Taki
Oct 30, 2009 3:46 AM
Jun 2009
i never thought i would liked this anime at first because its not really the kind of anime i would watch but its freaking awesome! it became my favourite!
Jan 13, 2010 8:41 AM
Jan 2009
As good as the first season, even if it took a different course in most episodes. I was quite apprehensive about Natori since the first time I saw him; I used to thought that, somehow, he would betray Natsume's trust, but I just loved that things didn't happen that way. He is very mysterious and almost always leaves an impression that he will surprise you, but always ends up being kind and helpful. In the end, he brought to Natsume great experiences and also led him to realize that he can not distinguish youkais and humans because, in both, the good ones and evil ones will always exist. And, hahaha, Nyanko-sensei and Natsume laughing at Natori's commercial on television was as great as the kids saying bad things to Natusme in the last episode (and this was mean, poor Natsume, he suffered so much xD), hahaha!

I loved these last episodes, I was very happy when Taki said that Tanuma had found the well, left that impression that Natsume can always count on them, that his friends would help him whenever it was needed. Difficult to explain, but it was pretty cool. I wish I could have seen in this season Natsume tell his parents about his ability, I bet they would be so understanding, because I think they already probably have a good idea. Oh, and Madara saying to Natsume that was better that things have happened that way for him when he first came to pick Yuujinchou was just wonderful! These two really get along, haha! Ah, Kai was such a cute Youkai. I was sad for him when he saw Natsume and Natori together, but I'm glad he was strong enough to stop those Oni by himself; he was really amazing. It was very nice to see he was still happy about everything in the end, when he was eating Taki's cookies with a smile in the face. I loved his story. ;D

Gee, so much to comment... I'm so sad because it's over. I could see 100 more episodes and I wouldn't get tired of this! Well, what to do... I just loved the whole series, each of the characters who appeared during the episodes contributed immensely to the development of Natsume as a person and was just wonderful watching these 26 episodes full of new experiences and brightness! I hope someday we can have a third season. ♥
Jan 17, 2010 4:23 AM

Nov 2009
Aw this anime is great T_T makes me feel so laid back and relaxed.. I really want more.. Please let there be a season 3!
Jan 20, 2010 3:12 PM

Nov 2008
I though that it was a great ending to this anime. I'll miss it. Hopefully they will make a 3rd season.

That Kai kid one of the best youkai in the whole series. And Natsume has learned a lot during his time with youkai.

I'm sad that it has ended but I still have hopes for a 3rd season and for now I'll go read the manga.
Jan 20, 2010 10:12 PM
Oct 2008
I don't know where to ask this so I'll ask here (since the animes I watch tend to be all over the place in terms of release date).

Does this show pick up (get more interesting) later on? I've seen 4 episodes of the first season and it seems to be pretty boring; slow paced, no drama, nothing really going on. I tried looking for reviews online but the only thing I can find is 2 people who really liked it but their opinions on other animes are REALLY different from my own. I'm guessing that it won't pick up for me and that you just have to have a taste for this kinda of show to enjoy it. This show ranks quite high on this site and I just want to know if the rest of the series is gonna be pretty much like episode 1-4 (4 episodes isn't that far into a series and many series I liked really picks up around ep. 8-10 or so).
dougmelonJan 20, 2010 10:16 PM
Jan 22, 2010 11:18 AM

Oct 2009
I'm crying because this is over.
T_T
Feb 3, 2010 10:51 AM

Sep 2009
Ah, what a lovely ending.
Feb 3, 2010 10:00 PM

Feb 2009
enjoyable show, hoping for a 3rd season
Mar 1, 2010 4:04 AM

Dec 2009
The ending did not disappoint me at all. Sad to see another season over and hoping for a 3rd.

Natsume has grown not only to love the youkai but to except humans; even if he really doesn't trust them yet.

Apr 28, 2010 6:03 PM

Aug 2009
hirahira said:
Takai said:
NOOOOOOOOOO IT'S THE END T_T I want more, i just NEED this anime T_T

me too.

I don't want it to be over T_T

I loved this episode and pretty much every other episode. 9/10 from me

Me 3 T_T
I could watch this forever.

Well lets hope for another season. And it'd be awesome if we see a grown up Natsume!

A series like this doesn't really have a plot or an ending but every episode was worth it. <3
9/10
May 11, 2010 4:02 PM

Feb 2008
May 14, 2010 8:05 AM

Apr 2010
Good anime wish there will be a 3rd season but the problem it really has no plot so maybe there will no 3rd season.
Sig deleted for idiocy.
May 18, 2010 1:51 PM

Sep 2009
Everything about this episode was great, and I love how much of the human cast was integrated towards the end of the season. The beginning episodes weren't really up to par with the first season, though, so unfortunately I'll have to give it an 8/10. Maybe I'll bump it up to a 9 one day when I'm in a better mood. D:
Also, I vouch for a third season like many peeps here. :3
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

dbaranyi - Mar 23, 2009

105 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 3, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MaxCrazy7 - Mar 16, 2009

101 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 3, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

noteDhero - Mar 9, 2009

125 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 3, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aznixiboy - Mar 20, 2009

56 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Feb 8, 2:33 AM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Feb 9, 2009

98 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Feb 7, 4:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.