Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 18, 2014 2:05 PM

Apr 2013
Slightly reminded me of Natsume lol c:
Seems like her brother can see the diety and that giving some of her power to Inari seems to have taken a toll on her. :x
Jan 18, 2014 2:53 PM

Jul 2010
ocarinaofdeath said:
This show is definitely well made, between the atmosphere, backgrounds, and just the writing in general it really is great, especially that music. There is something that bothers me though. It just seems out of character and petty for someone that is given a wish by a god, to ask to forcibly take the love of someone that you know likes someone else. It might have worked better if they had shown that the red-headed girl was not a good person, or using him, but her wish just seems cruel. Well, hopefully they will take this in some direction that at least makes it seem more fair to both characters.

Nobody said anything about her stealing the other girl's love. She said she wanted to BE Sumizome. What she got was to look like her, but her mind was still the same. Nothing happened to anyone other than her. (See below, since it seems to be a trend with people not understanding...)

jayvon said:
Did she and the other girl switch bodies or did she just transform into her?

Loving this artwork.

haganbmj said:
The Shrine is absolutely beautiful as a setting, love it.
Seems a bit awkward, I'd like to know why no one was worried that Sumizome never showed up at home - since Inari replaced her and has only changed her appearance back.

Trippwire01 said:
Hmmm, so my biggest question is...

If Inari became Sumizome, and now she's technically Inari in Sumizome's body with the ability to transform... what happened to the original Sumizome? O_o Though it would be appear in the last scene she's sitting at the desk all the way in the back left of the room... at least her body is. I'm so confused.

felipekorbes said:
WTF, there's a big hole in this episode that looks like anyone here noticed. Inari mind was replaced with Akemi's mind, right? So, at the end Inari got the power to change into any human form she wants, but we have to remember that Inari is still in Akemi's body. Then, the question is, what the hell happened with the old Inari's body and what will happen with Akemi's familiy? Will it just continue like nothing happened?

ProfPepper said:
Wow she really is stupid

so what happened to Sumizome is she just missing now?

Eh, pretty good episode

To repeat what has already been said: Nothing happened to Sumizome. They did not swap places, she did not take over her mind. Inari's body changed to look like her, but that is all. Think of this as Uka not really understanding humans and giving Inari what she asked for on the surface out of kindness, but really making her life worse. That is the basic concept. Now that she has the transformation powers, she can change into any human, but she doesn't replace them. They keep on existing. I think this will all be explained in the 2nd episode... At least it was in the manga by the 4th chapter...

ErwinJA said:
And btw: Am I the only one who had a sudden urge to say "I want a girl . . . like you . . . to be my girlfriend" when Inari was asked her wish?

Very similar vibe, yes! A!MG is my alltime favorite, so that may explain why I like this so much!
Jan 18, 2014 3:34 PM

Mar 2009
I personally really enjoyed it!

I wrote my opinions here: http://www.altmaguk.net/2014/01/inari-konkon-koi-iroha-first-impressions.html
Jan 18, 2014 5:15 PM

Jan 2010
bastek66 said:
In manga Uka played Devil May Cry http://i.imgur.com/00SuIIZ.jpg
Why did they change it?

My guess would be copyright laws. In the manga it's not overly noticeable so they can get away with it easily, but it would be so much more obvious in the anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2014 7:21 PM

Nov 2013
Cute anime <3 Happy I found this tooooday <3

She pantsed the guy she likes, omg
AeroingJan 18, 2014 7:24 PM
Jan 18, 2014 10:04 PM

Sep 2010
Wow, this anime is adorable. Glad to be adding another light hearted anime to my list!
Jan 19, 2014 3:40 AM
Sep 2008
The anime has reached the lighthearted and warm atmosphere of the original manga IMO very well.

It's a pity that we will only get 10 episodes (+ova), but let's hope the story will reach the part which has something about other characters relationships :)

And I love that Kyoto-accent. it's definitely something that makes this series special :3
Jan 19, 2014 7:57 AM

Nov 2007
So I'm guessing Sumizome is OK?

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 19, 2014 12:19 PM
Oct 2010
Really like this. I have been thinking for awhile to read the manga and this was really nice.

Also, I really like Fushimi Inari, the shrine. That shrine and Kyouot is among my favorite places in Japan. Recognized a lot of the scenes from the shrine and other views from my trips.
Jan 19, 2014 4:17 PM

May 2011
Much better than I thought it was going to be. I generally don't like Japanese god-themed anime, but this one seems great. Inari so moe.
Jan 19, 2014 5:15 PM

Apr 2012
Wow this anime was surprisingly good :o I am happy that Inari could change back in the end. First I thought she changed places with the other girl ^^
Jan 19, 2014 7:33 PM

Apr 2012
Mithestral said:
But I hope Inari won't be like this all the time ( crybaby ) it can get on nerves really quick

This. A good portion of this episode was taken up by her crying...
Jan 19, 2014 8:00 PM

Jul 2008
Inari is so moe like her friend said.
Jan 19, 2014 9:39 PM

Jul 2010
Vizard said:
So I'm guessing Sumizome is OK?

As I and many others have said: Nothing happened to Sumizome! Inari's appearance was changed, that is all.
Jan 20, 2014 8:14 AM

Jul 2010
Characters are beatiful , it gives me such a good feeling.
Uka-sama's mature voice really fits her .Like it! She played an otome game ?! xD
OP were good.I saw Uka-sama and Inari's nii-san together *My shipping sensor* .

Anyway good start ,I'm looking forward to seeing other episodes.
Jan 20, 2014 9:55 AM
May 2012
LOL, gamer deity haha. And an otoge at that.

Anyways, love the feel of the episode. The atmosphere felt like Gingitsune (BGM and theme-wise). I feel like I'm gonna like this series. Quite sadly, only 10 eps is what we're getting. Still, another slice of life that I may enjoy. Also, love the kansai-ben of the characters! I've been wanting to hear those, and this is definitely a big plus for me.
Jan 20, 2014 10:03 AM
Nov 2011
Only 10 episodes? Probably that's why first episode was kind of weird to me.

Jan 20, 2014 11:27 PM

Sep 2011
Yay, I'm gonna continue watching this!

Are those fox reading Blood Lad? XD
pew pew pew
Jan 21, 2014 12:18 AM

Oct 2009
That was really nice. Even gods need to play Otome games ;)

So the brother can see them too? :O
Jan 21, 2014 1:27 AM

Jun 2010
I'm dropping this. I've read the manga and didn't continue halfway cuz the drama was so lame.
Jan 22, 2014 6:17 AM

Jan 2008
I was hesitant to pick up this anime. For one thing, there were lots of deity-and-student anime already and the latest Gingitsune left me unimpressed. Another thing is that I'm limiting my watch list this season. However when I saw my tor**** feeds that one of my fav fansub groups picked this up, I said why not see the first episode. Man, I'm glad I did. Great execution so far. Pretty art, good animation and, a nice start for the story. I'm curious about the circumstances with Inari's brother.
LieilaJan 22, 2014 6:26 AM
Jan 22, 2014 6:20 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty good I guess.....
Jan 22, 2014 7:09 AM

May 2010
This has shoujo and slice-of-life feels to it = lovable. Plus the animation is really something, beautiful backgrounds and great voice acting with some epic bgm (note, I am not the type to notice bgm but this time, I did. Explains how good it is!) I like Inari's best friend. All the characters are nice, glad that Inari's soon-to-be-boyfriend (most likely) isn't lame at all. Even that familiar is cute.

Hahaha, Uka plays otome games xD Seriously guys, this is already gotten so good hat I can see it on my top 5. So so so so soooo good (lol I feel such a kid xD) I am getting all these Hanasaku Iroha vibes from it.

Man, I was totally hooked! A top-tier with D-frag and Mikakunin de Shinkoukei for this season.
Jan 22, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2013
The first episode is fine but it's way too similar to Gingitsune. Playing those type of games, what a dirty minded deity xD
Jan 22, 2014 9:16 AM

Oct 2011
Nice first episode! Seems like Inari's brother can see Uka and the foxes. Should be interesting to find out why.
Jan 23, 2014 8:23 AM

Aug 2010
This was a pretty nice first episode...I wonder what was the setup with the brother, being able to see Uka-sama. 4/5.
Jan 24, 2014 4:30 AM

May 2012
02:37 i thought she was gonna cast some jutsu's

05:14 >_< poor girl

07:43 awwww

12:34 that was a bad wish

7/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jan 24, 2014 1:10 PM

Sep 2012
Year 2013~2014 anime,illuminati signs everywhere.

don't take this post seriously
Jan 26, 2014 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The good things glimpsed in this episode are: The Kansai accent, beautiful graphics, backdrops and characters already fairly characterized. The despicable points: The plot and some inconsistencies seen during the episode.
Narration good, hilarious at times the Goddess who was playing with a otome game was too much for me! LOL
Good animation and pathos very tangible! * _ *
I hope proves to be better than it may appear, I am referring to the plot.
Jan 27, 2014 6:56 PM
Aug 2011
That was kind of adorable and this episode did not let me down.
Hopefully the drama is not overblown. Though i've already seen a comment here suggesting otherwise. :/

Honestly though it's depressing that she wants to be the "sparkly" pretty light-haired girl when she's really cute her herself.
But that's life I guess...
Jan 29, 2014 8:44 PM
Jan 2014
Fox Deity:I can't grant you wishes one after another, but I;ll give you a bit of my power instead x3 lol I love anime with foxes though so.....continue!!! Has been a while since there's an anime with kansai VA
Feb 1, 2014 9:02 AM

Jan 2011
Wow, something with a story actually airs this season! ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I'm happy, want to see moar.
Inari's voice feels sort of awkward, and "can't fulfil 2 wishes but can give my my power" is kind of... durp.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 3, 2014 1:52 PM

Jun 2012
Enjoyed it actually,bit out of the norm for me. But so far so good.

I burst out laughing when the shrine god was playing a dating sim... LOL
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Feb 11, 2014 9:24 AM

Jun 2013
This was cute but nothing really special so far
Feb 14, 2014 7:44 PM

Jul 2012
This is actually really nice. I love the OST and animation. This is basically the Gingitsune of Winter season, but with magical powers and more romance. LOL Also, better looking guys.

Only downsides are weak voice acting and a BIT slow for my liking.
Feb 25, 2014 12:47 PM

Dec 2009
Truly, a great success to the manga. They nailed it!
Mar 1, 2014 12:35 PM

Aug 2013
Well, it was a cute episode. A bit cliche on the edges, but hey, not every show can be an original masterpiece. We need those show to break from those too much emotive other show :P

Inari is so mooooe. Gawd, those face :3

That goddess playing eroge, I think that's the first time I saw something like that xD
Same for a boy exposing his boxer :P

That little fox is adorable. Eveything is adorable. Adorableness for everyone!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 3, 2014 8:25 AM

Jun 2008
Shirubaasouru said:
02:37 i thought she was gonna cast some jutsu's

05:14 >_< poor girl

07:43 awwww

12:34 that was a bad wish

7/10

"Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."
Just sayin'...

I also want to know the history of Touka seeing Aku-san and fox spiriit even as far back as being a small kid and Inari only able to see them until recently. There's some history I'm intested in.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Mar 5, 2014 2:29 PM

Jan 2008
I really liked this the Opening is really nice and so is the song as well the story is quite unique to me but it really really reminds me of Cardcaptors as well as Kamichu! more like Kamichu though the design of the characters is nice as well though as of right now it is in my top 5 for this airing season once start watching Imocho, Sakura Trick and Magical Warfare I will have more of an understanding of which ones I like most
Mar 9, 2014 9:16 PM

Jun 2011
Gingitsune is the top recommendation so I thought that it would be anything like it, but it feels totally different. I don't like it for most of the episode, I don't like the female lead, and.. ugh.. romance..?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 19, 2014 5:07 PM

Mar 2010
Haha some of the songs reminded me of animal crossing... Like it so far..
Mar 20, 2014 6:56 AM

Apr 2013
I Didn't really like it... <__<

I love foxes and anime/manga with deities and gods/goddesses. But I just couldn't get over the annoying main character and her love interest

I hated Inari's voice!! Her voice sounds so whiny and I'm not really a fan of her personality either...
Her crush (I forgot his name right away) seems really boring >__< I can't really understand why she would fall in love with him. :/

I love her friends though ^^ I don't remember their names but I love them!!!
I also like the goddess. Her voice is so lovely ♥‿♥

The art is really nice as well, but I just can't get over how annoying Inari and her love interest are at this point. Maybe they'll get more interesting and I'll start liking them but right now they just piss me off.

I'm going to watch some more episodes of this, but if I don't like it by episode 5 I'm most likely going to drop it.

This episode was a 3/10 for me...
Apr 5, 2014 1:38 AM
Jul 2018
A goddess playing games. Nice!
Apr 15, 2014 1:26 PM

May 2012
Interesting start I must say with a nice concept and some cute characters this sure is a promising anime for me! Let's see what the whole story will offer us!
Apr 25, 2014 9:29 AM

Jun 2009
This was pretty cool for a first episode. Lost it when she found the goddess playing some dating sim :D
Aug 1, 2014 4:13 AM

Jan 2012
would rail that goddess's pussy so hard..

plot is a little childish/retarded, but she's a horny little middle school girl after all...

not bad overall...
Aug 17, 2014 6:13 AM

Jun 2012
Not bad, rated 5/5. Hopefully, the rest of the series too has something in store, other than the "magical girl" thingy Inari does.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Sep 19, 2014 11:23 AM

Aug 2013
Very good start, first episode 5/5.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 9, 2015 7:35 AM

Aug 2013
Alright.. don't really like how Inari behaves. Bad girl. :P
Apr 5, 2015 11:20 AM

Apr 2014
The first seconds in I was like 'wow this has a RDG vibe and the scenery is so pretty' and then the girl with braids came in and I had to just pause ans stare. That IS Izumiko from RDG only she gained weight and got a personality. I was so shocked. XD Deja Vu.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2014

188 by jsooka »»
Dec 24, 2023 11:05 PM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2014

73 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 4, 2023 12:57 AM

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Aug 25, 2023

3 by memSaheb001 »»
Aug 25, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

79 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 17, 2023 6:42 PM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2014

80 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.