Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 11, 2013 3:02 PM

Sep 2012
Akihito's mom is so cutee. I hope she explain how she knew those things.
So much happened in the last few seconds. Can't wait for the next episode!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Dec 11, 2013 3:10 PM

Feb 2013
this was an amazing episode! akkey's mom is hot and i loved the ending with the OP song insert, so good :D
Dec 11, 2013 3:25 PM

Jul 2012
Felt rushed. This show doesn't really create an atmosphere for me because it's squeezing too much stuff in one episode.
Dec 11, 2013 3:26 PM

May 2013
Every episode thus far is so <3

Akki's mother got introduced, which is nice and I like the way she acts, even for her age :)

The ending was so amazing, Akihito saving Mirai, aiding her against Beyond the Boundary <3
Dec 11, 2013 3:27 PM
Aug 2012
Akihito's mother showing up and knowing what to do was surprising at first but I think I understand now. Remember when Izumi showed up and Akkey's mother recognized her and even said her name? The two seem to know each other somehow and I'm sure their relationship will be explained either next episode or the last episode (episode 13). Remember My guess is Akkey's mother somehow got that information from Izumi, but she was unwilling to tell our half youmu pervert. That's just a theory, but it seems very likely.
Dec 11, 2013 3:33 PM
Nov 2013
This episode was spectacular. My feeling are overflowing right ugh I can't stop
Dec 11, 2013 3:40 PM

Oct 2007
Zeally said:
too many unexplained plot holes :
felt really rushed

Yeah, it's looking like last week is going to hold up as the episode that had the least overall problems of any episode in this show. We're back to 2/5 territory here again sadly after a more decent effort last time. I find it funny that this episode got the title Black World when it was last episode that felt more melancholic.
Dec 11, 2013 4:21 PM
Dec 2013
drama_menck said:
amazing episode
explained a bit more about the story, but she's still pretty much stuck

Akihito's mother came out of nowhere showing how to save Mirai, I found forced through this part ..

really like this anime scene cuts, as well as the soundtrack

My theory is that Izumi went seeking advice with Aki's mom after her original plan failed, and it was Aki's mom that came up with the "Mirai sacrifices" plan.
Dec 11, 2013 4:28 PM
Aug 2012
artesox said:
drama_menck said:
amazing episode
explained a bit more about the story, but she's still pretty much stuck

Akihito's mother came out of nowhere showing how to save Mirai, I found forced through this part ..

really like this anime scene cuts, as well as the soundtrack

My theory is that Izumi went seeking advice with Aki's mom after her original plan failed, and it was Aki's mom that came up with the "Mirai sacrifices" plan.

That's another theory I hadn't thought of. Man I really can't wait to find out how Aki's mom knows so much.
Dec 11, 2013 5:15 PM

Mar 2009
Story so far. Hope I got this all right.

Nase Izumi contacts Kuriyama Mirai offering her a task of vanquishing great calamity bringer Beyond the Boundary. Mirai transfer to same class as Akihito (BtB host) and starts killing him.

Due to being fused with Beyond the Boundary Akihito is immortal and as such Mirai attacks are harmless. First tactics failed.

Second opportunity came when Hollow Shadow came to the city. Mirai wanted to beat him as a revenge for childhood friend death but failed. Akihito the immortal helped her by becoming host to the Hollow Shadow. They won and Akihito gone wild.
He was later subdued with the help of Nase family and his teacher. Mirai once again failed to kill Beyond the Boundary weakened by Hollow Shadow. She got too attached to Akihito.

Then the Calm came. Izumi made sure that Akihito would manifest into Beyond the Boundary. Izumi told Mirai that She can use her cursed blood and draw BtB from Akihito and thus save him.
Mirai did just that. What Izumi didn't predict was that Beyond the Boundary would fuse with Mirai (or her blood) and seal both of them in pocket dimension. Mirai was able to battle BtB for 3 month without taking a break.

How was Mirai able to fight for so long? Cursed blood, sad memories, BtB taking all super natural power from humans or maybe Mirai wish for Akihito to have normal life. Since they are one then they are immortal and can battle for all eternity.

With tiny shard snapped from Beyond the Boundary Akihito goes to save Mirai and after few more action packed scenes they finally reunite.

Then the freaking episode ends :(
Dec 11, 2013 5:29 PM

Sep 2013
The fight scenes and the shots of the boundary were amazing.
A son hitting his mother, nobody has a problem with that? no? okay, her knight gag was hilarious.
Dec 11, 2013 5:41 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was so awesome and action packed for a second I thought this was the last episode of the series and I got sad but it is not WOOT!'

Great episode!!!
Dec 11, 2013 5:46 PM

May 2013
Series really bumped up its storytelling but I feel the pacing is way too fast now. Packed too much explanation into one episode. The scene with Akihito running to Mirai was good with the OP song which I love. I know your mom is annoying but you don't need to knock her around, I know it was supposed to be funny but it really bothered me for some reason.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Dec 11, 2013 6:18 PM

Jan 2013
Now that was friggin awesome, I love this show
Dec 11, 2013 6:25 PM

Nov 2012
gosh that ending!! That "serves you right" word! This episode is really 15/10 to me! (except when Yayoi appears..)
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Dec 11, 2013 6:41 PM
Apr 2013
Akihito able to freely transform his right hand/arm into youmu form now? :O

Regardless of what the haters say, I'd still be happy to have a second season of KnK.
Dec 11, 2013 6:43 PM

Jan 2009
thats one heck of an episode and lol at the mother she is hot though and last episode next week! i hope its a happy ending one
Dec 11, 2013 6:49 PM
Oct 2012
SleepnDreamn said:
How was Mirai able to fight for so long? Cursed blood, sad memories, BtB taking all super natural power from humans or maybe Mirai wish for Akihito to have normal life. Since they are one then they are immortal and can battle for all eternity.

It's a spirit world, so it is not like Mirai needs food or sleep there. Mirai could fight so long because she knew that defeating the BtB would save Akihito in the real world. The doll of Akihito she created was to ground her during the fight and remind her of why she was fighting. So basically love was where she got the strength. BtB wouldn't have been able to last forever, it was actually losing and was draining Youmu and Spirit Warriors in the real world in a desperate attempt to save itself, but had not the Magical Association Person interfered, Mirai would have defeated it and both she and the BtB would disappear together.

The two big remaining questions are, what role Akihito's mother plays in all this. We will not get the answer to that (most likely) since the novels are still be published (or at least are much longer than this series and I figure that is a huge plot point), that is annoying but nothing we can do about that (assuming that this arc isn't completely different from the novels), the bigger question I have is why the Magical Association guy is doing all this. I hate shows and books where the evil guy just does evil things because he is evil. I really hope and expect a better explanation for his motives (unless they already did it and I just missed it). Knowledge and power are lame reasons. I also have to question the logic behind a car battery being able to power up BtB that much. I know, artistic license, but still pretty stupid license (youmu are supposed to be weak because of light (which electricity provides), and a car battery why not a friggin 9 volt battery if you are going to do that.

That last one is a very very very minor complaint, just something that bugged me.
Dec 11, 2013 7:24 PM

Dec 2012
Akihito's mum is so random and funny. Loved how he caught Kuriyama as she was falling. The final battle is beginning.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 11, 2013 7:45 PM

Mar 2012
Is it just me or have a lot of people given up on this show way too early?

I remember when this series was within it's first 6 or 7 episodes and people were calling it a massive disappointment from Kyoto Ani. However, it seems like they really didn't give this series a chance to come to fruition. The last 3 or 4 episodes have been simply outstanding. I'd even put this up there with Hyouka in regards to how great its been.
Dec 11, 2013 8:16 PM

Aug 2013
I think I have a serious problem. Based on the comments, it seems like I'm the only one who's not enjoying this as much as I should. I know I was supposed to feel something when Akihito read Mirai's message but...I didn't feel anything. If any, all I saw was a label "this is the scene where we want you to feel sad" but that didn't resonate with me.

Also, that part with Aki's mom...it felt forced. She was hilariously random but it just felt out of place? Like okay shit's going down, youmus are floating and getting sucked into that sphere. The group races to the club room (why the club room btw?!) when they saw that flier stating Mirai's alive. They open the door. Then the gag happens. It broke, no, annihilated the ongoing flow as well as the "shit just got real" atmosphere.

When a writer uses the "for some unknown reason, X happened" card, it usually means "we're not sure which direction we want to take this" but that scene with Aki asking his mom to tell him about herself someday...well that kind of made me less worried. Also a hook for another season obviously.

And a car battery powering up that uh...thing. I need to get in touch with that dude and ask him where he gets his car batteries because mine gets easily discharged.

So tell me, am I just nitpicking or is there really a problem with the storytelling?

The animation for the action scenes was amazing though I'll give them that.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 11, 2013 8:25 PM
Oct 2012
Toucanbird said:

I remember when this series was within it's first 6 or 7 episodes and people were calling it a massive disappointment from Kyoto Ani. However, it seems like they really didn't give this series a chance to come to fruition. The last 3 or 4 episodes have been simply outstanding. I'd even put this up there with Hyouka in regards to how great its been.

Well, the Kyo-Ani haters aside, the first 6 or so episodes contained a lot of filler that had little to do with the main plot, and for several episodes, because of this, the show drifted around without seeming to have any direction. Pacing problems are one of the biggest turnoffs for people.

But of course once they got back to the actual novels the show found its grove and improved dramatically.
Dec 11, 2013 8:49 PM

Jun 2013
Although the ending was a lil rushed (i wanted more of dem feels) but IT WAS BEEEEAUTIFULLLL ^~^

And the long wait for the next ep begins
Dec 11, 2013 9:08 PM

Jul 2013
damn I love this kind of anime... where they will show you boring stuff for the first 9 episodes and from episode 10 up to the last everything will be explained and nothing but badass and epic moments will happen...

epic scene that matches with the epic ED... dayuuuuuum!
Dec 11, 2013 9:37 PM
Jul 2011
rather mediocre episode, but awesome ending
Dec 11, 2013 9:44 PM

Feb 2012
Akkey's mom has got it goin' on
She's all I want and I've waited for so long
Mirai, can't you see you're just not the girl for me
I know it might be wrong but I'm in love with Akkey's mom
Dec 11, 2013 9:46 PM

Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Toucanbird said:

Well, the Kyo-Ani haters aside, the first 6 or so episodes contained a lot of filler that had little to do with the main plot, and for several episodes, because of this, the show drifted around without seeming to have any direction. Pacing problems are one of the biggest turnoffs for people.

But of course once they got back to the actual novels the show found its grove and improved dramatically.

Have to agree with you there, they spent a little too much time with the filler(especially the episode with the fruit youmu) when they could have been expanding on the story more, however the last few episodes have been great.

Also a lot of people should consider finishing the series they have dropped after they end since they could turn out completely different then you expect them to be. I mean I wasn't very fond of Shin Sekai no Yori, but I came back to it and now its one of my top 10 ^^.
Dec 11, 2013 10:14 PM

Sep 2013
His mom :P

Next is last ep! Mal says there is 13 :/
Dec 11, 2013 10:24 PM

Apr 2011
Baku219 said:
Series really bumped up its storytelling but I feel the pacing is way too fast now. Packed too much explanation into one episode.

This. If the series didn't use up so much time on filler and instead focused on plot, then this would have easily become one of the best anime of the year. Now I feel cheated as I watch these later episodes not being able to forget the disappointment in the beginning.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Dec 11, 2013 10:30 PM

Dec 2010
This was a pretty great episode! No wonder this is one of the series I look forward to the most every week!
Dec 11, 2013 10:45 PM

Mar 2013
owh MILF
Aki's mom was great XD
Dec 11, 2013 11:17 PM

Oct 2011
I like the last two episodes but this episode felt too rushed man.Now only if they could've done more when they were airing fillers. So dumb. I was really hoping Mirai dies. It would leave more impact in the series. I dno't hate her but I think it would've been a great ending. Text scene didn't leave an impact at all. didn't make me cry or didn't leave an epic feeling like Chuunibyou.

Sakura and Ai best girls
Dec 11, 2013 11:54 PM

Nov 2013
This had gone from an easy 6.5 to a solid 9 for me in just two episodes.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Dec 12, 2013 12:02 AM

Feb 2012
I know this is just a cartoon and not to be taken seriously, but it still bothered me. I don't care what kind of culture you're from, you should never physically abuse your own mother. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2013 1:32 AM

Jan 2013
Amazingly beautiful animation. Like the best of any tv anime.

Good episode, a bit more complicated then I'd have liked.
Dec 12, 2013 5:23 AM
Feb 2013
EVERYTIME the opening is blended into the actual content of an anime, i go crazy and get goosebumps. (anyone remember the digimon adventure's ending where they have to leave the digiworld and suddenly the opening starts while i-only-know-her-german-name-damn throws her hat to her digimon? i just started crying like crazy haha)

this episode was SO good though. makes me desperately want to read the light novels, but alas, i don't want to start when it hasn't been translated completely yet. ///
Dec 12, 2013 5:40 AM
Dec 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Toucanbird said:

But this is not from the novel. Vol.1 only included Hollow Shadow arc so I don't know what you're saying.

KyoAni is only animating the first novel.

Edit: Rougly 80-90% is original from 6 and beyond.
aiemDec 12, 2013 6:11 AM
Dec 12, 2013 6:08 AM

Dec 2011
Mirai is still alive. My goodness. I really love how the Nase siblings stood up to Izumi this time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2013 7:03 AM

Dec 2012
Takuan_Soho said:

It's the other way around. Kyo ani went original from the filler fan-service episode and onwards.
Dec 12, 2013 7:08 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
Takuan_Soho said:

It's the other way around. Kyo ani went original from the filler fan-service episode and onwards.

Have any novel readers, or anyone for that matter, confirmed that? If it's true, I have to praise KyoAni for fixing the story.
Dec 12, 2013 7:26 AM

Jul 2010
There is a 2nd novel. Does anyone know if the KnK story arc is in that?

Someone asked "Why the clubroom?" Why? Because that is where the shard of KnK was to re-youmoufy Aki.

I must be in the minority since I didn't feel that this was rushed at all. If anything, I thought they dragged out the story a bit in the last two episodes. I really have enjoyed the series and look forward to the "not unpleasant" ending for Aki and Mirai. (Call her Mirai for once, Aki! You don't have to be so formal with the girl you love!)
Dec 12, 2013 7:43 AM

Sep 2012
In the Kyoukai no Kanata, the dead Akihito was just a puppet so Akihito will be able get up to the KnK to save Mirai.

Black World is about the Kyoukai no Kanata, Akihito's mom tell to akihito how to save Mirai, the question is how Akkey's mom know what to do to save Mirai.

Akihito was sleeping for three months????? So Mirai has been facing off the KnK for three months?? that was too long.

I didn't notice Hiroomi was not wearing his scarf until Akkey said it.

This is the first time I saw Sakura worrying for Mirai. I think she hate Akihito by sacrificing Mirai to save him.

I almost cried when Akihito read the message of Mirai while showing Mirai fighting the KnK. "I don't feel unpleasant".

I laughed when Akihito is running then Sakura kicked him.
What the heck is happening, youmu's are pulling up in the KnK, even Ai-chan and Ayaka-san is pulling up.

Lol, Akkey knew that it's his mother inside the armor then he went uppercutting his mom. She's a hot mom :3 and even when bad times she can still joke around.

Akihito entering the KnK to save Mirai was pretty intense and in some way of awesomeness, hearing the OP twice was great and it inserted also in the great part of ending.

Mirai stabbed herself, noo???
Mirai was fine thankgoodness, Akihito almost cried and still kidding at the end.

Can't wait next week, the Gray World, it's like they helped each other to escape the Kyoukai no Kanata.
They really made their best make the last episodes, KyoAni really made a great job, even though I haven't watched the last episode I can say their doing their best :)

Last Episode next week.
Best Anime of the Season!! :)))
Dec 12, 2013 7:48 AM

Sep 2012
zensunni said:
There is a 2nd novel. Does anyone know if the KnK story arc is in that?

2nd novel? so that means there's a 2nd season of anime?? I hope so.
Don't know the arc, hope it's promising.
Dec 12, 2013 8:13 AM

Apr 2010
His mother sure is a unique person with that behaviour of her not to mention all the outfits that she was wearing, which makes me wonder about his father.
The episode itself was mostly overly dramatic in my opinion especially Akihito's behaviour could have been done better, not to mention some of the other characters.
Dec 12, 2013 10:41 AM

Aug 2008
Way to bring sexy back.
Dec 12, 2013 11:05 AM

Mar 2013
Wow that episode was so awesome!

I was getting all teary eyed when he was reading Mirai's letter. OMG

I got all kinds of feels the exact moment they mixed in the OP song and those last couple of scenes. This is ending really well and I can't wait till next week.
Dec 12, 2013 11:08 AM

Mar 2013
outkastfox said:
Awesome episode. Had me feeling when he was reading her message. The ending scene was to awesome. The song op with it went perfect. Can't wait till next Wednesday

OMG yes ^
Dec 12, 2013 11:12 AM

Mar 2013
Ryoweb said:
Only 2 more episodes to go! I think Kyoukai no Kanata is up there for surprise of the fall season. By the way, anyone else thinks that the ED in this is flawless? That song is just so awesome! Can't wait for next week!

that ed was beyond flawless!
Dec 12, 2013 11:22 AM

Oct 2013
oh god that text :'(

I really wish they had expanded this story line in the earlier episodes. I doubt Akkey's mother is going to tell him about himself in the next episode, so I'm hoping for a second season now.
Dec 12, 2013 11:32 AM

Jul 2013
Wow nice catch~ next week last episode
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.