Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 10, 2013 10:08 AM

Jun 2013
Yaya, what exactly is this dark emotion swirling inside me?

This was very painful to watch. I can't believe Satela is such a spineless coward around this little shit Luis. Oh and while I'm at it, I completely hate hate now. For heaven's sake woman, you don't let Kazya touch you and let this little dipshit do all those things to you?! You are not worthy of having Kazuya as your limiter, back off and let Rana have him!

Now Kazuya was a total boss in this episode. Should have deployed his OP freezing and call a psychiatrist in the end though. Everyone needs therapy in that family pronto :)

Random side note: LOL Excalibur? Luis' pandora (whateverhernameis I don't care she's just as spineless as Satela) thinks she's Saber...

Oh and this episode gets a 1/5 from me, exactly as it says I "hated it". I hope this matter will be resolved in the next episode and we will never ever again see Luis. If he somehow dies I know I'll be very happy.
Tengoku_no_hakaiNov 10, 2013 10:23 AM
Nov 10, 2013 11:27 AM

Nov 2012
The RAGE, it's off the charts!!! I literally restrained myself from not breaking my TV! RAAAAAAGEEEEE!!!!

On a more calm note, the episode itself was very well done. People dropping the show because of this episode should take the mature/chill pill and look past its thematology. The episode manipulated the audience into rage mode astoundingly, both from a directional and from a source material point. I, for one, can't wait until next week's episode and hopefully someone shoving the fucker's face into the ground.
Nov 10, 2013 11:58 AM
Nov 2013
Tassadar14 said:
The RAGE, it's off the charts!!! I literally restrained myself from not breaking my TV! RAAAAAAGEEEEE!!!!

On a more calm note, the episode itself was very well done. People dropping the show because of this episode should take the mature/chill pill and look past its thematology. The episode manipulated the audience into rage mode astoundingly, both from a directional and from a source material point. I, for one, can't wait until next week's episode and hopefully someone shoving the fucker's face into the ground.

Congratulations. I think you're the first person in this thread to properly articulate why something making you angry doesn't make it bad. I agree with you 100%. Also i said this before but the visuals were very well done this episode.
Nov 10, 2013 12:15 PM

Apr 2011
BerserkerMan said:
I hated this arc in the manga and I definitely hate it in the anime. This episode made me rage just like the manga did. Louis is a piece of trash who deserves nothing less than death. But the person who pissed me off the most is Stella, I mean where did all her development go? On another point SHES A PANDORA, why the hell doesn't she fight back?(Don't give me " she's too traumatized to fight back"). I call BS on that statement for so many reasons. Anyway Ill finish up, the only good thing about this episode is how fast they went through the source material. I'm glad they're not dragging it out like the manga did.

By the way did anyone else notice how Stella's sister gave that evil smile during the library scene? Maybe I just read it wrong.

Doesn't she need her brother to get something from her family ? (something like that)
so if she fights him she can't really achieve anything
Nov 10, 2013 1:41 PM

Jul 2010
Lareneon said:
...something making you angry doesn't make it bad.

This. It made me feel extremely angry... And I loved it.
Nov 10, 2013 2:14 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
awldichojnavpfaöhaw AGRGHHHHHH THIS EPISODE PISSED ME SO OFF!!!!!!!!! Please someone torture that Louis to death in painful and longest way possible !!!!!!!!!! Dat cliffhanger as well !!! T_T God dammit....
Nov 10, 2013 3:35 PM

Dec 2012
I have a low tolerance for episodes like this, since I don't watch anime to get pissed off. A couple of quick flashbacks would've gotten the point across instead. Skipping through it was a good decision.
Nov 10, 2013 3:47 PM

Feb 2012
Didn't find this ep that bad. People need to realize that PTSD is real. Yes, she can kick his ass since she's a Pandora, but her ordeal happened long before she became one.

She'll get over this once and for all in the next ep. Either skip it or get over it.

The real issue here is people are more affected by this kind of stuff rather than people getting their limbs cut off, getting injured badly, or even dying. We've been conditioned to brush off most of that, yet the moment we get into rape or anything similar, people lose their shit.

Same shit with people going crazy when there's a nipple/sex/nudity on TV or a movie, yet said tv/movie just had someone get blown to bits and not a single fuck was given.

Nov 10, 2013 4:11 PM
Mar 2012
I feel somewhat sorry for Holly Rose.
Nov 10, 2013 4:14 PM

May 2011
Yvese said:
Didn't find this ep that bad. People need to realize that PTSD is real. Yes, she can kick his ass since she's a Pandora, but her ordeal happened long before she became one.

She'll get over this once and for all in the next ep. Either skip it or get over it.

The real issue here is people are more affected by this kind of stuff rather than people getting their limbs cut off, getting injured badly, or even dying. We've been conditioned to brush off most of that, yet the moment we get into rape or anything similar, people lose their shit.

Same shit with people going crazy when there's a nipple/sex/nudity on TV or a movie, yet said tv/movie just had someone get blown to bits and not a single fuck was given.

Precisely! I've seen a few posters here get it, but to the many who are raging and complaining about this episode, no offense, but I have the feeling many of you aren't really mature enough for this sort of thing. PTSD can incapacitate even the strongest of us. It's painful to watch Satella go through this "torture", but...

And honestly, as Yvese has pointed out, as psychologically damaging as Louis had been to Satella all her adolescent years, I'm pretty sure that all the Pandoras getting sliced up and limbs ripped off are having a far worse time. And nobody seems to rage over that at all.
Nov 10, 2013 4:16 PM

Jan 2012
Less expressing your feelings and more fist fighting!
Nov 10, 2013 4:48 PM

May 2012
So this is the sibling arc that people were so scared to watch it !! LOL

Sometimes I feel that some of you here were abused like satellizer because I don't understand why you can't handle watching something like that. I absolutely didn't find anything hard to watch. I expected something much worse than that after reading the comments.

thepathNov 10, 2013 4:52 PM
Nov 10, 2013 5:09 PM

Mar 2008
Anmoly97 said:
Omg that was so terrible to watch Sattelizer get raped. :(

Aoi kill him please.

She wasn't raped. She's just his toy.
Nov 10, 2013 7:03 PM

May 2010
this episode made me pissed, someone one fuck him up then once youre done beat then living shit out of him someone more, i swear if nothing at all happen to him............... this low life piece of shit............ need to have some bone broken.........
Nov 10, 2013 7:06 PM

May 2010
daedalus25 said:
Yvese said:

Precisely! I've seen a few posters here get it, but to the many who are raging and complaining about this episode, no offense, but I have the feeling many of you aren't really mature enough for this sort of thing. PTSD can incapacitate even the strongest of us. It's painful to watch Satella go through this "torture", but...

And honestly, as Yvese has pointed out, as psychologically damaging as Louis had been to Satella all her adolescent years, I'm pretty sure that all the Pandoras getting sliced up and limbs ripped off are having a far worse time. And nobody seems to rage over that at all.

its not that, people aren't mature, some people including myself just cant stand abuse like this and it really gets to us dosent matter how old you are. age doesnt matter at all. ive been around shit like this and it upset me.
Nov 10, 2013 7:50 PM
Nov 2013
One question: I just joined this website just to comment on this stupid episode. As a person who enjoys anime, i think it was a stupid idea to block the nipples and crap. Also the kazuya guy, what is his deal with getting his ass kicked by the little brother. From all the information I know, can't Aoi freeze the flippin brother and teabag him?
Nov 10, 2013 8:20 PM
Oct 2013
I hated this arc since the manga. Well it is horrible/creepy/disgusting. I was hoping they skip this arc but it actually an important arc due to it strengthen the bond between Kazuya and Satelizer and Fixed the relationship between satelizer and her brother.
Satelizer was a slave to his brother. and i hated to admit it, but she actually a sex slave also. Well in anime it didn't give the detail... But in the manga, it is clearly show she was sex slave to her brother. Thats why She is the untouchable queen because a touch of a man creep her out. Well kudos for Kazuya for saying he still love her and don't care about her past.
Nov 10, 2013 8:22 PM

Dec 2012
Yvese said:

daedalus25 said:

These people are soldiers. They signed up and were trained for this. Also, the limbs of pandoras can be completed regenerated. I'm not saying the experience wouldn't be traumatic, on the contrary as it would probably happen repeatedly, but it doesn't inflict the same level of emotion (only talking about me here) when you consider the context.

daedalus25 said:

No offense, but I have the feeling many of you aren't really mature enough for this sort of thing.

Or maybe they're mature enough to be able to relate to this sort of thing, and find it unacceptable.

Without going into personal details, I've always have went out of my way to reach out to the abused as I've had people close to me who hid it for far too long. So I simply can not stand seeing someone (fiction or not) get away with it when the signs are oh so obvious.
Nov 10, 2013 8:27 PM
Oct 2013
antx97 said:
One question: I just joined this website just to comment on this stupid episode. As a person who enjoys anime, i think it was a stupid idea to block the nipples and crap. Also the kazuya guy, what is his deal with getting his ass kicked by the little brother. From all the information I know, can't Aoi freeze the flippin brother and teabag him?

LOL dude. You know that kazuya hand to hand combat are the worst. beside satelizer is traumatize and Louis(little brother) is older than kazuya and he has his partner guarding him
Nov 10, 2013 8:47 PM

Jun 2011
LOL.. so funny yet painful yet sad..
i'm not a fan of satellizer but i felt sorry for her..
tho they tuned it down..
in the manga she took it much worse!!

but there is 1 still shot in the episode implied to it..
http://postimg.org/image/bcrmsig6b/
and Louis what a douchbag.. the VA and sound effect did their job perfectly in this episode..
5/5
Satou0KunNov 10, 2013 8:50 PM
Nov 10, 2013 8:56 PM
Oct 2013
OnePieceQ8 said:
LOL.. so funny yet painful yet sad..
i'm not a fan of satellizer but i felt sorry for her..
tho they tuned it down..
in the manga she took it much worse!!

but there is 1 still shot in the episode implied to it..
http://postimg.org/image/bcrmsig6b/
and Louis what a douchbag.. the VA and sound effect did their job perfectly in this episode..
5/5

Yeah.. True.. much worse in the manga. is just like reading a hentai scene LOL
Nov 10, 2013 8:58 PM
Jul 2012
Damn Louis was aggravating and demonizing with that voice. Hopefully Kazuya puts him in his place.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Nov 10, 2013 11:26 PM

Apr 2011
Gods I get tired of people bitching about how much better the manga did it. You might as well not watch anime at all, you're always going to be disappointed because the manga will always allow for more detail and time to explore the story. This is why I never ever read a manga before I watch an anime, you can't help but be disappointed.

Anyways, I thought this was a great episode. Yeah Luis is a sick mother... er, sister-fucker. I'm also going to dissent and say I'm pretty sure he actually screwed her in this episode, she was face down and ass up after all. He at least fingerbanged or ate her out. The half-incest didn't bother me, I've seen enough incest tease in anime that I'm kinda used to the kink. Honestly it was kinda hot in a sick and twisted kinda way, and the incest only made it moreso.

Predicting next episode Kazuya uses his Super-Freezing ability to knock Luis' Pandora down to her knees, and probably flatten Luis. Then Satella finally gets over her fear of her brother and beats the shit out of him or kills him. After that, back to the E-Pandoras.

5/5
Nov 10, 2013 11:27 PM

Jun 2013
PTSD is true? Yes. Things like this happen in life? Yes. Had to watch? You bet. Does it make this episode bad? No, because art is meant to invoke emotions (being disturbed and absolutely hating a character is included).

So why am I mad? Well it's because Satellizer brought Kazuya into this damn mess with her mentality of "I'm the bastard child so I'll have to be Louis' toy so he talks to mommy and daddy". Sure she told him not to follow her in the airport, but when he did she didn't resist much now did she. I'm sure everything will be fine and dandy in the next episode and this is her "getting over the childhood trauma" deal, but the way she is now I personally do not like. I despise two-faced people like Satella who pretend to be high and mighty while they actually are an unstable emotional train wreck inside. People like that are the ones who will give you the "nice boat" ending (in real life) so steer clear my friends :)
Nov 10, 2013 11:40 PM

May 2012
There always has to be those manga reading types that get so anal about how the anime wasn't faithful to the manga and how they didn't just do a direct verbatim adaptation. The anime was too dark compared to the manga, 1/5. The anime rushed this arc, 1/5. Blah, blah, blah, the anime was bad because manga this, manga that.

I read the fucking manga and I actually like the anime adaptation better. I hated the sibling arc in the manga. It was painful to read and felt too dragged out. The anime is keeping it nice and short and to the point, which is great.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Nov 10, 2013 11:42 PM
Aug 2011
Natsurito said:
razisgosu said:
Anmoly97 said:
Omg that was so terrible to watch Sattelizer get raped. :(

Aoi kill him please.

She wasn't raped. She's just his toy.

She was rape and was his sex slave. Refer to the manga if you want proof. well remembering the manga part disgust me because in manga this scene much more disgusting.. :/

There is no proof of rape. It's an immature and stupid assumption a lot people put on this arc. Things as bad sure happened mentally and physically. It's how she become to untouchable queen. However there are plenty of context clues that if you properly read the manga say he didn't rape her.

Keep that opinion if you want but you may need to reread the manga if that's what you got from it.

Anyway the episode was rushed, not enough episodes to do both arcs. They left out important chunks. While I would have loved to see this fleshed out better I think it was all a waste of time in the grand scheme.
Tired_SmurphNov 10, 2013 11:49 PM
Nov 11, 2013 12:02 AM
Oct 2013
Dr_Smurph said:

There is no proof of rape. It's an immature and stupid assumption a lot people put on this arc. Things as bad sure happened mentally and physically. It's how she become to untouchable queen. However there are plenty of context clues that if you properly read the manga say he didn't rape her.

Keep that opinion if you want but you may need to reread the manga if that's what you got from it.

Anyway the episode was rushed, not enough episodes to do both arcs. They left out important chunks. While I would have loved to see this fleshed out better I think it was all a waste of time in the grand scheme.

Well, you have your point there. i accept it. Well i'm going to re-read this arc again to find the context as what you presume.

Well of course people has different assumption on this arc due to the way both manga and anime present it. It doesn't gave direct/straight to the point and it wanted the viewer to think. Do you think everybody has the same thought you?

Well it was rush because this brother arc play and important arc for the e-pandora arc. (u know why because you already read the manga) For me, it already show enough important part for a 12 episode anime.

NatsuritoNov 11, 2013 12:32 AM
Nov 11, 2013 12:42 AM
Aug 2011
Natsurito said:
Dr_Smurph said:

Well, you have your point there. i accept it. Well i'm going to re-read this arc again to find the context as what you presume.

Well of course people has different assumption on this arc due to the way both manga and anime present it. It doesn't gave direct/straight to the point and it wanted the viewer to think.

could give me your view of what did happen?

The manga shows a flashback of what usually went on. He treated her like a dog, a doll, a toy to play with.

You definitely could if you wanted say it may have happened in the past, but this is pretty substantial proof showing nothing further than abuse happened in their reunion. I don't think as little kids however anything more than what was shown happen. It's up the the viewer to decide honestly there.

Edit: to your edit "Do you think everybody has the same thought you?"

No but I think that's because they are assuming too much and not understanding what actually went on. Like I stated there is proof in my point. It's fine to assume when they leave things open but otherwise the thoughts wrong. People are entitled to their opinion for sure.

"Well it was rush because this brother arc play and important arc for the e-pandora arc. (u know why because you already read the manga) For me, it already show enough important part for a 12 episode anime. "

It could have been skipped completely and wasn't that important to the arc. The main reason to tell the siblings arc was for the explanation of why she is the untouchable queen and to let her move past that time in her life and to help strengthen her future life with her partner. It also helped her brother and his partner
Tired_SmurphNov 11, 2013 7:53 PM
Nov 11, 2013 2:54 AM
Oct 2013
Dr_Smurph said:

It could have been skipped completely and wasn't that important to the arc. The main reason to tell the siblings arc was for the explanation of why she is the untouchable queen and to let her move past that time in her life and to help strenghten her future life with her partner. It also helped her brother and his partner

Thanks for your view. Here some of my view

Nov 11, 2013 3:56 AM

Sep 2012
So this is the much-talked about Siscon sadism arc !!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 11, 2013 4:01 AM

Jul 2011
Natsurito said:
Dr_Smurph said:

It could have been skipped completely and wasn't that important to the arc. The main reason to tell the siblings arc was for the explanation of why she is the untouchable queen and to let her move past that time in her life and to help strenghten her future life with her partner. It also helped her brother and his partner

My point of view is:
When she becomes totally permissible for him, he gets angry and said "Why were you born as my sister?"
and
Nov 11, 2013 4:28 AM
Oct 2013
ainky said:

My point of view is:
When she becomes totally permissible for him, he gets angry and said "Why were you born as my sister?"
and

Well that true. As i see now

Nov 11, 2013 4:49 AM

Mar 2012
Yvese said:

Pretty much this. Honestly, i hated that arc then and I hate it now. But y'know what I hate the most? People saying this is somehow Kazuya's fault for being wimpy or whatever. What? He tried to attack Luis like 3 times and got fucked everytime. Let's not forget that Kazuya's not exactly physically fit, but he stood his ground emotionally both at the dinner table and during the confrontation. Yet as usual, unsympathetic anime fans feel like he should turn super saiyan or something, and anything less is unmanly. Real talk, while i'm not a fan of watching this happen, your moral compass is messed up if you think this is worse than violence.

At this point, i could care less about the manga comparison whiners. Happens in every new anime with a manga before it, and people are never happy. Still, this was a dark chapter in the story and calling it 'necessary' is problematic, but getting it out of the way made sense. Of course it bothers me that Satella becomes so submissive and truth be told on a personal level it bothers me for a lot of reasons, but saying that Kazuya 'deserves' to get NTR'd for not manning up or whatever is ridiculous. As if he was supposed to magically know this was happening, mind you Satella was the one who was basically avoiding him, had he been truly spineless he woulda just ran away, left her behind for the way she acted around him and let her brother do whatever he wanted. Also, if you didn't like how she acted in this episode, the decision she makes at the end of this arc is...questionable. I had a feeling this might be longer than an episode so we'll see the conclusion soon.

If anything, it's suppose to nice that despite the dark and disturbing past of Satella and how she's been treated/ how she was acting, he still loves her and is willing to fight for her. I believe that's sorta important in a situation like this. I'm no expert, but to link this to real life, a girl who went through that kinda trauma, especially one who has a partner, might fear that the partner doesn't want them anymore because of that. It may seem cheesy but the whole 'i love you no matter what your past' thing is kinda important. In terms of the anime though, it's somewhat a shame that harem anime antics will get in the way of any further romantic development but at least for this arc it's gone in the right direction by the end.

And besides, Kazuya got serious at the end. He's gonna hit him with that EWGF; Electric Wing God Freezing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mod Edit: Double post combined.
rodacNov 11, 2013 1:00 PM
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Nov 11, 2013 6:17 AM

Jan 2012
Don't understand all that hating about this arc. Yep, it's hard to watch such scenes, but it's still interesting and way better than the beginning of this season.

It makes me think that people just don't wanna believe that something like this can be in the world. But that is life. Shit happens sometimes. So put your pink glasses off. There is nothing wrong with this arc.
Nov 11, 2013 7:54 AM

Jul 2010
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Random side note: LOL Excalibur? Luis' pandora (whateverhernameis I don't care she's just as spineless as Satela) thinks she's Saber...

You do realize that she is the top Pandora in BRITAIN and the origin of Excalibur is the Arthurian stories. (It is King Arthur's sword... ring a bell?)
Nov 11, 2013 7:58 AM

Apr 2013
This wasn't as horrible as the manga, but I seriously feel like killing someone. >.>
Nov 11, 2013 10:56 AM
Apr 2012
trampler8324 said:
Don't understand all that hating about this arc. Yep, it's hard to watch such scenes, but it's still interesting and way better than the beginning of this season.

It makes me think that people just don't wanna believe that something like this can be in the world. But that is life. Shit happens sometimes. So put your pink glasses off. There is nothing wrong with this arc.

I agree (well not with it being better than the beginning of the season).

I'm fine with them cutting out the worst of what Louis does in this arc (if I remember rightly, been a while since I read it) but they are speeding through it a bit too much for my liking. Holly just seems to be there which should not be the case. Despite these issues it was still unsettling to watch as it was in the manga.
Nov 11, 2013 11:07 AM

Jun 2012
Guys Guys ive read so far all the posts but there are too many sides of the story but i only want to know DID THAT FUCKING BASTARD RAPED HER OR NOT? ( i dont care if u give me spoilers im open to them as long as i know the truth ).

P.S: Yes im raging like hell
Nov 11, 2013 11:46 AM

Dec 2011
f4b10 said:
DID THAT FUCKING BASTARD RAPED HER OR NOT?

NO. She wasn't raped. Abused/humiliated/mistreated - YES, raped - NO.

Bodily and mentally Satellizer is still a virgin.
Nov 11, 2013 1:54 PM

Jun 2012
Thank you but i already read the Arc in manga , thanks anyway, if the "end" of Louis is like in the mangá than im going to drop or completely low the rank in Freezing( i love the show but i hate shit like this)
Nov 11, 2013 2:02 PM

Jan 2011
I thought this was actually one of the better episodes over the two seasons, since it finally gives Satellizer (with Aoi's encouragement) a chance to confront Louis and begin dealing with the past abuse and the impact it's had on her life and her ability to build a relationship with Aoi. Until she does this, I really don't see how the story can move forward since she is the female mc (and for the first part of this season seems to be totally eclipsing Aoi as a focus for the story). It's not pretty, and it's not easy, but that's reality when you are dealing with someone who has suffered abuse over a long period.

Other highlights of this season have been the development of Elizabeth's character and the revelation that Chevalier may be more of an enemy than the Novas which periodically appear. I like this a lot better than the "mean girls fight it out to determine who is the most bad-ass" arc which seemed to be most of what the first season was about. It feels like there is a lot more substance to the show than season 1.

As to whether the manga does it better: it's rare when manga readers don't complain about the quality of the adaptation. This is just par for the course. From an anime only point of view, I think the interpolation of the family arc into the E-Pandora arc works fairly well. I just hope they wrap this one up quick so we can get back to help Elizabeth.

I'm watching the ATX version so I don't have to worry about the censorship. However I will say that I find it strange that nipples are a bigger moral threat than watching someone systematically abuse a girl both physically and emotionally (and to some extent sexually).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 11, 2013 2:13 PM
Oct 2013
is it me or that abuse mark on satelizer body look like kiss mark? well it quite different from the manga as it is a whip mark. maybe this is the reason why people who watch anime but didn't read the manga thought she was rape.

well im not the person who call manga is better but for a 12 episode anime series, it is on par with the manga.
Nov 11, 2013 3:16 PM

Aug 2012
Well that was.......interesting
I liked the episode, but was still creeped out a little.
Still I hope this season continues and gets a season 3.
Freezing is the best anime I have ever watched.
Nov 11, 2013 5:12 PM

Apr 2011
First of all, to all the people who keep saying Satella was raped, she wasn't. Luis was too much of a coward to do it with his half sister.

Second, they skipped the entire Holly interaction with Satella. Really lame, also Luis rapes Holly in the manga when she questions his actions.

Lastly, even if Satellizer has PTSD from being treated horribly by Luis and her step mom, that doesn't change the fact that it's been 4 years since then and she can literally kill them instantly....she's faster than the speed of sound for crap's sake. Almost Mach 2 with her fastest accel.

She's seen Ganessa being nearly disintegrated and so many Pandora being horribly mutilated, so I really dont get how Luis can feel threatening at all to her. Im Dal Young isn't the best at writing cohesive stories or strong female leads.
Nov 11, 2013 7:02 PM

Jul 2012
Omnicloudx13 said:
Lastly, even if Satellizer has PTSD from being treated horribly by Luis and her step mom, that doesn't change the fact that it's been 4 years since then and she can literally kill them instantly....she's faster than the speed of sound for crap's sake. Almost Mach 2 with her fastest accel.

She's seen Ganessa being nearly disintegrated and so many Pandora being horribly mutilated, so I really dont get how Luis can feel threatening at all to her.

I'm gonna be blunt here with this one. This is just a lack of understanding of psychological trauma. Do not underestimate the control an abuser can have over their victim mentally. When a person has been broken to the degree Satellizer was they do not act as a normal person would nor how any reasonable bystander would expect them to. Passage of time or physically ability have no relevance if the mental issues are never addressed, and in this case they not only weren't addressed, they were exacerbated. She was severely bullied for her aphephobia from day one at East Genetics and continued to be in West Genetics after she was transfered there for crippling Levon Brooks who tried to force her into making him her limiter.
To be frank the fact she comes out of the other side of this without the aid of psychiatric counseling or medication is a miracle.

As for the "haven't you already" line that was just an issue with one particular translation. All other translations make it clear that he never went that far. Hell even Dal Young's hentai doujins for Freezing mention she is a virgin on numerous occasions XD
Nov 11, 2013 7:23 PM

May 2012
what the fuck... kazuya needs to kick that bastards ass... just saiyan...
Nov 11, 2013 7:30 PM
Aug 2011
Natsurito said:
Dr_Smurph said:

That could have meant many things. However my point wasn't to debate if it happened in the past but the fact that it didn't happen in the present.

rodac said:
As to whether the manga does it better: it's rare when manga readers don't complain about the quality of the adaptation. This is just par for the course. From an anime only point of view, I think the interpolation of the family arc into the E-Pandora arc works fairly well. I just hope they wrap this one up quick so we can get back to help Elizabeth.

It's natural to "complain" when you read the original content and see an adaptation that falls short. I don't think it's even an issue. Plenty of manga viewers have enough common sense to realize why the anime adaptations exists in the first place and that it's almost impossible to do a completely proper adaptation on the amount of episodes they are given. However I can see why the other side sees it as whining or complaining.

I'll say this, even if I was an anime only viewer, I can tell you I would notice it was rushed and not properly flushed out so far in the new arc. However we won't know until next episode what they might have change around. So it may still work.

It's up in the air at this point.

Edit: Added another part.
Tired_SmurphNov 11, 2013 8:02 PM
Nov 11, 2013 8:30 PM
Nov 2012
I like this episode because it seemed more artistic with the chains appearing in Satalizers mind at first and and also it being fucked up made it good to me, I'm glad Kazuya is standing up now and even said he loves Satalizer.
Nov 11, 2013 10:18 PM

Jul 2009
hmm.. it was better in the manga
maybe cuz that was the turning point of freezing for me - where it actually started getting decent.
but this episode was just so blah - annoying lol. maybe it was that automated voice over.
Nov 11, 2013 11:17 PM
Oct 2013
Dr_Smurph said:

rodac said:

It's natural to "complain" when you read the original content and see an adaptation that falls short. I don't think it's even an issue. Plenty of manga viewers have enough common sense to realize why the anime adaptations exists in the first place and that it's almost impossible to do a completely proper adaptation on the amount of episodes they are given. However I can see why the other side sees it as whining or complaining.

I'll say this, even if I was an anime only viewer, I can tell you I would notice it was rushed and not properly flushed out so far in the new arc. However we won't know until next episode what they might have change around. So it may still work.

It's up in the air at this point.

Agreed with Dr_Smurf. There are some anime that i've watch that i didn't read the manga/novel and i could tell that anime was rush or not.

Well, everybody who read the manga of course give high expectation toward the anime and of course would whining and complaining but you read all the comment that whining, did or did not they said it was 'bad' / was 'boring' was 'the worst adaption'? Nope. It just skip a few scene and a bit different. But, Freezing fans still likes it.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Vibration Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Filiaa - Dec 20, 2013

135 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 3, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » Freezing Vibration Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2013

41 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Freezing Vibration Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2013

101 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 2, 2023 7:58 PM

Poll: » Freezing Vibration Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2013

91 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 2, 2023 7:13 PM

Poll: » Freezing Vibration Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2013

54 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 11, 2023 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.