Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
COPPELION
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Oct 7, 2013 11:46 AM

Feb 2012
thatguy said:
Incredibly boring first episode

Totally agree. I expected more.
Oct 8, 2013 9:52 AM
May 2012
Good first ep, but I'm hoping this would become more interesting in the next eps.
Oct 8, 2013 10:18 AM

Oct 2013
Just finished watching this.

I'm a bit torn on what we've seen so far. The artwork is gorgeous and the viewer gets a real sense of how vast the abandoned city is from some of the shots. On the other hand, so far the characters feel fairly generic and predictable— I felt like I had seen these same three girls many times before, and that's not a good thing. It was also a little plodding, but I did like how they were attacked by a wolf towards the end, changing up the pace considerably.

3/5 for now, I'm interested in seeing where they take it with the next few episodes.
gobiasindustriesOct 8, 2013 10:21 AM
Oct 8, 2013 12:12 PM

Jul 2013
it may be the best anime of the autumn-season...
The plot seems to be interesting and i love the graphic :)
We're all mad here
Oct 8, 2013 5:32 PM

Dec 2012
This anime's got the same character outline as SnK which is neat I suppose. Kinda cool first episode, it reminds me of Chernobyl and a little bit of Fallout.
Oct 9, 2013 6:27 AM
Feb 2012
I'm digging the art style and the story sounds interesting. Plus, the opening (ending in this episode) is pure sex.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Oct 9, 2013 9:52 AM

Feb 2011
ikr love the art! like k<3
Oct 9, 2013 10:02 AM
Oct 2013
I found the first episode really bad.
Just didn't make any sense at all.
One of the worse things was that the real main character uses the medication on people that can't be healed anymore and the medicine would only prolong their life for a little bit. That's like one of the most selfish things you could do.
"Hey, this medicine is totally limited, let's use it on people that would die soon anyway to make em live like 2 days longer instead of using it on a person with few symptoms and completely cure them" and then of course get mad at Mishima for no reason because he's actually making sense. What?
Other than that I have no complaints about main character. The other 2 though .....
First time ever Hanazawa Kana annoyed me :l.
Hope they pull a Muv Luv Alternative.
Oct 9, 2013 10:08 AM

May 2012
too much heartache this ep T.T...

Oct 10, 2013 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
lol Each of those girls are suppose to be a multi million dollar investment by the government yet they are so incompetent and badly equipped for the job. WTF?

Nidhoeggr said:
sibbo7 said:

Oh yeah you would've been totally cool with it.. Oh, please.

She is genetically engineered, most likely received training and this is the fucking task she was created for. Not to mention that this radiation area will feature a few more corpses.

If they really send the girls into this without proper training/qualifications then it means that either the plot is dumb, the characters are unrealistic or the writers are idiots.

Seriously. These girls are literally born and bred their entire life for this task. They should be making Navy SEALS look like little children instead of prancing around like, well schoolgirls. :3
dankickyouOct 10, 2013 6:43 AM
The Art of Eight
Oct 10, 2013 2:16 PM

Apr 2013
This anime reminds me of Stalker game. Resistance to radiation doesn't mean that you have to wear a school uniform -_-
A cheap excuse for fanservice. Anyway lets see where this one is going.
Oct 10, 2013 5:30 PM

Jun 2012
Love the artstyle and ED. Other than that story is interesting, although there is not much sense in genetically modified girl (which I assume cost quite a bit) to go rescue people... with highschool uniform and minimum equipment haha. I liked it nonetheless.

*Shoots gun at dog* "Got it with a tranquilizer"...
Damn, those tranquilizer sure pack a punch.
Oct 10, 2013 5:47 PM

Dec 2012
No Opening?!
The Ending song was good.
Intriguing anime. the ending made the episode better.
Albi-kunOct 10, 2013 6:01 PM
Oct 12, 2013 4:16 AM
Aug 2013
wonderful!! the background and art were really amazing.
and the start is wonderful..can't wait to see the next episode.
Oct 12, 2013 2:59 PM

Sep 2012
wow, firstly the art style as far as backgrounds inthis anime is amazing.

from the vegetation and the stream with the frog in it.

breathtaking....

I feel like i can learn something from this anime,
like always carry a gas mask on me,

so far it seems intresting, just doesnt make since why these hos arnt equipped with more weapons,
HELL knifes are even okay.
i feel like the "angel" is the only one with sometype of combat skills.
Oct 12, 2013 5:06 PM

Jan 2010
wow i really like the setting, reminds me of origins: spirits of the past a bit
pretty interesting so far, and taeko obviously isnt dead if you've watched the preview, but i wanna know what happened with her
also the background is a hella lot more detailed then the actual characters???????? ok
i really like the ending song
also i wonder if any real places were used? if so, someone please make a comparison thingy, that'd be neat
ArigatofulOct 12, 2013 5:09 PM
Oct 12, 2013 10:04 PM

Jun 2012
Woah, this seems pretty interesting, although this first episode didn't seem to reveal that much at all.

Oct 12, 2013 10:31 PM

Feb 2011
All this series needs is giant Cockroaches.
Oct 13, 2013 4:22 AM

Jul 2010
Decent start. Hopefully this continues.
Oct 14, 2013 12:20 AM

Jul 2012
Im honestly annoyed such a fantastic premise was ruined by such shit characters and writing.

I would have loved to see a show about a few young adults (not high school girls) venturing into a radioactive, abandon ghost town, that focuses on realistic survival and exploration. Kinda like how Space Brothers is actually about realistic space training and exploration (from the little bit that I've seen)

Instead we get this needlessly angsty, terribly written, and utterly boring show about who the hell knows what.

And why did they leave the girl with the dog? Did they really expect it to take more than 5 or so minutes for her to get it to stay?

ugh. So much dissappoint
Oct 14, 2013 5:51 AM

Jul 2008
So far one of the best anime i see these season
but i'm rely mad about the review these anime get in these site
each time a slow anime came with slow pace story that build up biger story all what i hear complaining , what up with gave the anime half episode chance these days , and then get happey with MOE anime.

any way i love that anime
Oct 15, 2013 7:58 PM

Mar 2011
A bit cliched but looks promising. Good graph, although it don't like too much that thick outline. And angela strikes again with her "fast-sing".
Oct 16, 2013 12:01 AM

Aug 2013
Did i see a pre-air of this anime sometime ago?! Does such a thing exist?
I think a saw something very similar to this anime
Interesting, lets see what this is about
Oct 20, 2013 9:02 AM
Aug 2011
egoplantt said:
Meddigo said:
If you were to genetically engineer a group of young girls to search for the last remains of humanity in a heavily contaminated mess why in the world would you make one of them like Aoi, who is completely afraid of even a little blood and constantly is nothing but a nuisance who complains and bickers constantly during the mission?
Who says they can genetically engineer their personalities? They can't even make suits strong enough to roam around for a long time. This is only 20 years in the future. The only difference between them and a human is probably just the immunity to radiation. A better question would be why don't they just use robots?

Are you serious? They said the one left behind liked animals because "it was written in her DNA".

While personalities aren't only dependent on genes or environment, they are able to both modify the genes and train the girls accordingly. So both genes and environment variables are in their control.
Oct 24, 2013 1:35 PM

Dec 2012
Fascinating first episode, the whole talk of the epicenter reminded me of Darker than Black. The art is very intriguing. Definitely different from what I'm used to, but also feels like a step up in some regards as well. That moment when Aoi said "people don't belong here" and it got cloudy, symbolizing her doubts to the moment it became sunny again when they decided to go save the other girl. It's very interesting to say the least.
Oct 31, 2013 9:38 AM

Dec 2008
If I completely believe what I saw in the ED visuals, Taeko is still alive and so is that dog. If that's really the case, then whose blood is that on the walkie-talkie?
Nov 19, 2013 10:07 AM

Jun 2011
Yes yes yes, I didn't even dream of seeing this animated but here it is! ^.^

Looking good, I love the art :3 And dat ED, really nice song <3
13 episodes seems good considering how far the manga has progressed, so I have no complaints there :) Looking forward to the next 12 episodes
Dec 3, 2013 10:03 AM

Oct 2012
Similar animation to K but this one as a little bit too much of heavy black bordering. I don't know what to say the story feel kind off heavy but not much development in the first episode ( like K XD) seem promising thought.
Dec 13, 2013 6:21 PM

Jan 2012
nothing really grabbed me tbh, the art was nice enough having watched K i can obviously see the similarities, the only thing i am predicting is that we seem to have the dominant leader girl, and the other two seem really weak as characters, i just hope they get involved and are of some use rather than just sitting there watching like they did in this first episode.....

will continue though as the synopsis was what attracted me to watching this anime before it aired, while some get tired of the whole post-apocalyptic thing, I have a soft spot for stuff like this so will carry on and see where they go with the story, some elements have intrigued me
Dec 19, 2013 9:21 AM

Jun 2008
Quite an interesting episode. At times it felt slightly too slow but lets see how it goes. It certainly has an intriguing start and good production values.

Stark700 said:
The artwork reminds me of K which isn't very surprising. I have read the manga before so I was curious to see how this will go.

Personally it reminded me more of Mardock Scramble and that definitely isn't a bad thing..
Jul 20, 2014 11:59 AM

Jan 2012
beersandsmiles said:

ya i think it was a single EP or short promo OVA of some sort... i'll try to find it

EDIT: Found it: http://myanimelist.net/anime/14373/Arata_naru_Sekai:_Mirai-hen/

not the same anime but similar
flaxman85Jul 20, 2014 12:05 PM
Oct 11, 2014 6:14 AM

Aug 2013
flaxman85 said:
beersandsmiles said:

ya i think it was a single EP or short promo OVA of some sort... i'll try to find it

EDIT: Found it: http://myanimelist.net/anime/14373/Arata_naru_Sekai:_Mirai-hen/

not the same anime but similar

SORRY for the reply. humm, i thought it was the same
Dec 13, 2014 6:35 PM

Feb 2013
Good start. I like the animation. It unique. I don't think I saw another show that looks like this. Maybe AoT. Does the people who do't need hazmat suits really need to be schoolgirls? Really? Oh well. I like the ED. It's nice. Let's see where this goes.
Feb 17, 2015 5:07 PM

Jun 2013
Very nice start!
Mar 18, 2015 3:12 PM

May 2012
Very interesting start I must say! I quite like the atmosphere and especially the art/animation. I do wonder what kind of story this anime will offer! I do hope that other girl is still alive!
Aug 9, 2015 10:53 AM

May 2014
This is a very nice start :D I like the art style and the setting.
Sep 6, 2015 1:30 AM

Aug 2013
I love the backgrounds. They looks great. The problem are the characters though. The background & characters clash in some scenes. It just looks weird. I also don't like the thick outline on the characters.
Sep 16, 2015 10:16 AM

Jan 2012
Can't u tell a difference between wolf and a dog , stop bitching.

Jan 3, 2018 5:33 PM

Nov 2016
Cool start, was a bit sceptical due to the rather low score,but the premise got me interested enough to give it a shot.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 7, 2020 6:46 AM
Aug 2016
Err...though I dont want to question the logic but..

how can humans survive for 20 years in a town full of radiation? Not even the best suit can stay longer than limited..

It will make more sense for Coppelion to examine the town and shut down the radiation completely as their prime goal.
May 17, 2020 8:34 AM

Dec 2013
I'm not really used to with thick lines so this will be new for me. I kind of think that the pacing is quite fast and the characters's actions might be a bit excessive. This has a low score but judging the summary and the first episode. It may not be too bad at all. Let's see what will happen.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 15, 2021 4:53 PM

Jul 2013
Watching this around the time of the coronavirus pandemic. Three anti-maskers on a mission to... nevermind.

We've got Ibara the cool one, Owie the whiny one, and Dog Food the one who went to talk to a wolf or something.

I'm not anti-schoolgirl uniform, but why aren't these chicks wearing boots and cargo pants / shorts? I mean, better footwear and more pockets seem like a good idea for rescuers / scouts. Maybe if Owie had some appropriate shoes for the occasion, then she'd whine a little bit less.
Feb 13, 3:42 PM

Aug 2017
Great start, the story looks interesting, and I like the art-style, looking forward to the next episodes.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2013

156 by Assassin2112 »»
Apr 28, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Nov 5, 2013

129 by Assassin2112 »»
Apr 26, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

70 by Dekom »»
Feb 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

85 by Dekom »»
Feb 27, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

72 by Dekom »»
Feb 26, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.