Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 3, 2014 11:42 AM

Oct 2007
the mangaka turned into patient zero
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2014 7:53 AM

Sep 2009
I had high hopes for this manga and this just goes downhill
Nov 23, 2014 5:20 AM

Mar 2012
After all, I want some news. Is the mangaka dead, or he decided to stop the manga, or he is doing another manga, or he still searching for weapons and military cars ? The manga needs and end, even if its in the chapter 31, he can not just stop that in chapter 30. :/
Dec 1, 2014 5:15 AM

Apr 2013
99% it's dead
"As long as you're alive, something happy bound to happens"
-What a Wonderful World
Jan 11, 2015 2:57 PM

Oct 2007
so what was the story about? all i remember is some zombies, guns and some boob swinging

did i forget anything important?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2015 7:57 AM

Jan 2014
Well just finished the Anime and now I find out its probably KIA. Well that sucks...lol.
"It's not about the underwear, but what lies beyond it, beyond the reach of man, and carries the dreams of all men"
-Hyoudou Issei
Jan 23, 2015 1:58 PM

Jan 2014
So pretty safe to say this is dead. It's been like... 2 years since the last chapter and still no word about anything. Such a shame. As much as I think the story is utter shit, I personally found this to be more enjoyable than any other ecchi series I've watched/read for whatever reason.

Kinda bothers me that the author never really cancelled this or anything, but rather just left it on hiatus for such a long period of time which kind of gives us a terribly small ray of hope that it might continue one day. Although that is probably as likely as seeing the end of Berserk in our life time.
Jan 25, 2015 5:11 PM

Oct 2013
Why the hell is Triage X getting an anime when they could of been focusing on making another HOTD chapter? Fucking hell man. Can Daisuke gives us a message at all? Is it this hard to tell all the fans around the world if he's done or not?!

I purchased both the hardcover color omnibus volumes and there's a section in the second volume that talks about HOTD being an international hit and how it has inspiried the entire entertainment industry of zombie media. Daisuke said how's he noticed other zombie moves/books/manga taking material from HOTD and how fans around the world have made HOTD a huge success and how each volume has been bestsellers in several European countries.

Then I look at the current situation and it's like...where the hell did this all go wrong? I'm so depressed about this. It really makes me feel sad and angry. RIP HOTD, you're the franchise that introduced me to the ecchi genre of anime and made me fall in love with anime tits, booty, and overall fanservice stupidity. As for Daisuke and Shouji Sato, please consider doing something weather it's an anouncement on the series dying or a new chapter.

FML
Feb 1, 2015 11:53 AM

Mar 2014
Goodbye Highschool of the dead :(
I'm going to miss all your gore and ecchi.
Lets all watch anime!!!!

Lets all read manga!!!!
Apr 30, 2015 9:00 AM

Feb 2014
Any news yet?
May 1, 2015 2:37 PM
Dec 2013
dasbattousai said:
Any news yet?

Nope.
May 13, 2015 10:50 AM

Dec 2009
KaniowskiKun101 said:
Why the hell is Triage X getting an anime when they could of been focusing on making another HOTD chapter? Fucking hell man. Can Daisuke gives us a message at all? Is it this hard to tell all the fans around the world if he's done or not?!

I purchased both the hardcover color omnibus volumes and there's a section in the second volume that talks about HOTD being an international hit and how it has inspiried the entire entertainment industry of zombie media. Daisuke said how's he noticed other zombie moves/books/manga taking material from HOTD and how fans around the world have made HOTD a huge success and how each volume has been bestsellers in several European countries.

Then I look at the current situation and it's like...where the hell did this all go wrong? I'm so depressed about this. It really makes me feel sad and angry. RIP HOTD, you're the franchise that introduced me to the ecchi genre of anime and made me fall in love with anime tits, booty, and overall fanservice stupidity. As for Daisuke and Shouji Sato, please consider doing something weather it's an anouncement on the series dying or a new chapter.

FML

Damn, I feel ya....
It was so popular... and they saw the money flowing and all that... why leave it? At least a little announcement... :(

I'm very sad right now. However, I'm gonna buy the volumes I don't have, in case they sell out/mangaka decides later to continue it (new-found inspiration, etc.)...
May 17, 2015 11:07 AM

Sep 2013
when the fuck are they going to continue this shit

i need boobs fuck this guy
Aug 13, 2015 4:51 AM
Aug 2015
So.. Still no news with regards to hsotd??? I have been waiting and waiting and the least they can do is say what's happening.. O_o come on authors, publishers, etc. pick up your game and be the pros we all know you can be and respond to fans requests!! It's not hard nor is it unreasonable.. And yes I will still wait.. I need to know!!!! Even a stfu ending is better than none!!!
Aug 15, 2015 3:55 AM

Dec 2011
Holy moly, chap 30 has 2 years already :^)
Aug 15, 2015 4:34 AM
Aug 2015
Very sad Panda here in New Zealand, just found this forum.
Bought the DVD set a few years back because it was the coolest Anime I had ever seen.

Loved the guns, gore, zombies and fan service. Just BRILLIANT!
I have just bought both of the colorized Compendiums as I wanted to know how the story continued after the Anime and they are great, the colorization is top notch.
Book print quality is awesome too.

I really hope this manga is continued, this is like Firefly all over again but without the confirmation of "this series has been cancelled".

PLEASE MAKE MORE THE FANS BEG YOU!
I'll buy it, don't leave it unfinished please!
Aug 17, 2015 12:39 AM

Sep 2011
Sucks that there's no new chapters for the manga. It's been inactive for two years.
Aug 26, 2015 9:20 PM

Oct 2013
Just finished the manga (purchased the colored omnibus for all the ero goodness) and was surprised at how abruptly it ended. After 2 years they come out with one chapter and it's already been well over another 2 years. At least I haven't seen anywhere that they've officially canceled the manga so I have a little hope. :/
Sep 9, 2015 9:55 AM

Jan 2015
pinokkio23 said:
author don't respect his readers why should we respect him, die dude!

Oi, don't be rude
Sep 17, 2015 10:48 AM

Jan 2011
if there no new news maybe this manga ended ?
Sep 17, 2015 5:19 PM

Sep 2010
KaniowskiKun101 said:

FML

Shouji Satou does the art and the story for Triange X. His brother Daisuke did the story for this series while Shouji only did the art. So blame Daisuke for putting it on Hiatus. Triange X however is still being publish regularly I'm guessing Daisuke just won't get off his ass and continue his manga so maybe Shouji got tired of his bullshit and went off to make his own manga. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 19, 2015 8:45 PM
Aug 2014
Roloko said:

Shouji Satou does the art and the story for Triange X. His brother Daisuke did the story for this series while Shouji only did the art. So blame Daisuke for putting it on Hiatus. Triange X however is still being publish regularly I'm guessing Daisuke just won't get off his ass and continue his manga so maybe Shouji got tired of his bullshit and went off to make his own manga. xD

Daisuke has stated that after witnessing the destruction after the tsunami, he has no plans on returning to write any post-apocalyptic material. This series is effectively dead because he will not release the author rights to anybody else to take his place.
Sep 21, 2015 1:18 PM

Jan 2015
R.I.P.
Oct 8, 2015 11:03 PM

Jun 2012
Seeing as how Shouji Satou is working on Triage X (Both Story and Art) my hope is that HOTD will resume after Triage X ends since Shouji would finally have his hands free to work on the art of HOTD. Hopefully, Daisuke has been working on a story this whole time. Regardless, even if what I'm saying comes true, it won't be for YEARS depending on how long Shouji wants to make Triage X. Either way, we're fucked :'(

R.I.P Mai Waifu Busujima </3
Fuck Rei annoying bitch
Oct 26, 2015 3:53 AM
Oct 2015
obsidiand said:
Roloko said:

Daisuke has stated that after witnessing the destruction after the tsunami, he has no plans on returning to write any post-apocalyptic material. This series is effectively dead because he will not release the author rights to anybody else to take his place.

Didn't they release chapter 30 after the tsunami? I had read that the initial hiatus was partially due to the tsunami (along with one of them having heart disease that required surgery), but they've released new material since. And if they don't want to do it themselves, they should at least sell the rights so that someone can try to keep it going. It would be a win-win. Attempt to please the fans by letting someone at least try to carry on the story, plus they'd get paid just to let someone else do all the work now... and there's no reason not to. If they don't want to do it anymore, it's not like they'd need to worry about someone else ruining the reputation since they don't want anything to do with it anymore anyways. I'd prefer they picked it back up. But would still like to see someone else take a crack at it if they don't want to. At the very least, they should give fans a minute of their time and say "we're not gonna release anymore. Stop asking". I've read just recently that the anime is supposed to be coming out in the near future. Whether it's a remake or a continuation or what though, I haven't the slightest idea
Nov 15, 2015 1:14 PM

Jan 2015
[spoiler]
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Xenocrisi said:
R.I.P.
Nov 24, 2015 2:34 AM

Nov 2009
mangaka is a fucking asshole. drawing shit like triage x
Jan 17, 2016 6:42 AM
May 2010
one thing that always bother me was how is a story like this supposed to end? i don't think this was drawn at all with any ending in mind, more write as you go. everyone becomes zombie, bad ending? something kills the zombies but how would the characters be involved in that? or just a zombie survival fest? apocolyptical world endings all end the same way really, the world ending. so i think this manga is dead.
Jan 21, 2016 2:12 PM

Aug 2012
Well, it's always the most popular manga that go on infinite hiatus mode, huh? Seriously, fuck those mangakas.

Nov 2, 2016 10:59 AM
Oct 2016
Three years later.
Dec 16, 2016 5:59 PM

Aug 2015
so.......i guess hotd's still dead? ; A ;
Dec 16, 2016 9:56 PM

Oct 2015
-Lyka- said:
so.......i guess hotd's still dead? ; A ;
I think it's author discontinued it, correct me if I'm wrong
Dec 17, 2016 4:11 AM

Nov 2016
Damm it HOTD is the why I got hooked upto Anime but when there is no hope in getting a Season 2 for it really makes me upset :(
Dec 17, 2016 7:10 AM

Aug 2015
welp , feels T ^ T
was one of my first animes as well T ^ T
Dec 18, 2016 11:39 AM

Mar 2015
Well damn, this was actually one of my early ecchi anime that I watched. Such a shame.

Dec 18, 2016 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
Just move on, guys. It was clear it wasn't going to return.
Dec 18, 2016 4:39 PM

Nov 2008
Fuck the author for working one Triage X all the damn time, that's over a 100 chapters right now and its anime wasn't as popular as HOTD's.
Dec 18, 2016 4:47 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
HollowIchigo58 said:
Fuck the author for working one Triage X all the damn time, that's over a 100 chapters right now and its anime wasn't as popular as HOTD's.
Its only the guy who did the art of HOTD whos doing Triage X
Pretty sure its his brother, who does the story who doesnt want to do more of it.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 18, 2016 4:59 PM

Nov 2008
DatRandomDude said:
HollowIchigo58 said:
Its only the guy who did the art of HOTD whos doing Triage X
Pretty sure its his brother, who does the story who doesnt want to do more of it.
Then he should come out and say im getting sick and tired of Triage X and go back to HOTD.
Apr 14, 2017 8:52 PM
Apr 2017
And now the author is dead so we'll never see the end of it.
Apr 14, 2017 9:09 PM

Feb 2015
ya he just died, of course its on hiatus
Jul 19, 2017 2:33 AM

Aug 2012
Satou, Daisuke died on March 22, 2017 LUL

NOW we can safely assume this manga to be "done for" like its author and never resuming its 4 years long hiatus xD

Sep 2, 2017 7:27 PM

Mar 2012
Actually, I just read chapter 31 and on MAL it says the manga finishes on chap 33, so let's just wait for the translators...

*Sorry, it was actually the chap 30 and someone posted it on a manga site as the 31st, so, my mistake*

Btw, MAL still says it has 33 chapters i have no idea why...
SkyTaigaOct 1, 2017 7:03 PM
Sep 4, 2017 3:08 AM

Aug 2015
theres chapter 31? lol
Oct 3, 2017 3:01 PM

Nov 2007
SkyTaiga said:

Btw, MAL still says it has 33 chapters i have no idea why...

Because MAL insists on labeling side chapters as actual chapters.
Apr 8, 2023 8:04 PM

Mar 2012
yo guys, any news?
Apr 8, 2023 11:14 PM

Jan 2017
SkyTaiga said:
yo guys, any news?

No , and there won't be.
This Manga isn't on Hiatus , it has been dropped.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 17, 2023 2:07 PM
May 2022
Alexioos95 said:
SkyTaiga said:
yo guys, any news?

No , and there won't be.
This Manga isn't on Hiatus , it has been dropped.

probably because the author didn't have any idea on how to finish the Manga
Jun 8, 2023 9:37 AM

Mar 2020
Reading this thread is like coming back to past....
well i hope on future there's something like HOTD again
Jul 16, 2023 5:56 AM
Jan 2020
Dhanamerdeka said:
There is.
Dhanamerdeka said:
There is.

[Character limit]
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 6 Discussion

removed-user - Jun 1, 2010

12 by princesjelyfish »»
May 4, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 30 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rookiestalker - Apr 9, 2013

85 by bakakisima »»
Dec 31, 2023 7:32 AM

» Miyamoto, Rei feelings towards Takashi ?

kelfounet - Jun 19, 2010

41 by MASTERCRAFT938 »»
Aug 28, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 20 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

19 by maiestas_ »»
Aug 16, 2023 6:20 AM

» High School of the Dead is officially cancelled, according to the artist of the series.

deg - Dec 9, 2018

40 by JediPadawan2001 »»
Aug 5, 2023 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.