Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2013 5:27 AM

May 2013
Nice series. The characters were cool, not annoying at all. Loved the comedy. Too bad the romance was too weak. 8/10 from me. Hoped for season 2 and more romance. Hikky x Saika for life. = )

EDIT: And looked like that chuunibyou also watched Fate series. That Saber (Fate/Extra) vs Saber (Fate/Stay Night)
FlameWingman21Sep 3, 2013 5:31 AM
Sep 6, 2013 6:24 AM

Jul 2012
Give me a second season damn it.
Sep 9, 2013 9:52 PM

May 2011
Enjoyed the series ^^ Made me really think and reflect on my social life, hope there will be a second season!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2013 10:07 PM

Sep 2013
The series was enjoyable, but there better be a second season or else ill be deeply disappointed, cant w8 for the ova ^.^
Sep 13, 2013 12:36 PM

Apr 2011
This series was a big yawn for me. All from the start it felt too thought-out; a modern, cool high school romcom in the wake of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou. Nice graphic design and special effects. But I never felt anything for any of the characters, and I got the feeling the creators desperately tried to come up with new story ideas for each episode, and failing at that. Danshi Koukousei at least had the humor to make up for the lack of a storyline.
Sep 20, 2013 3:11 PM

Mar 2012
The show was pretty weak in terms of it's relation to the title, the first 6 episodes were comedy, no romance, and the last 6 (last episode doesn't count) were just drama also no romance. Normally I don't care because I judge shows for what they are rather than what was expected, but when you specifically title the show "My Teen Romantic Comedy" you really just set in stone, what this show should be about. So, obviously that was a major problem, the second was the only interesting character was Hachiman, Yui's character can be found in just about any anime school anime, Yukino's character isn't as common but is still found in a lot of different shows, but Hachiman's character is probably a rarity. Their are only a few shows with characters like his that I've seen and I can relate to his character quite a bit. Ultimately however, the plot fell flatter than a pancake, I just saw nothing about the show other than Hachiman that was worth the watch

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Sep 24, 2013 3:09 PM

Dec 2012
Ok series, Lacked alot of romance considering how this is considered a romance anime, more like, slife of life/comedy imo. Ending wasnt all that good either deffinately needs a S2

8/10 Due to comedy and characters ;b
"If you win, you live. If you loose, you die. If you don't fight, you cant win." - Eren Jaeger
Sep 29, 2013 3:09 PM
Aug 2012
the title of the show doesnt fit there wasnt romance and then theres yukino who seems o so close to Senjougahara Hitagi from bakemonogatari in one of the episodes yukion did a hair flick in a slow mo ish way which was definatly riped out of bake just with a different hair colour i think it happens at least twice in the same episode. being misslead into watching this in hopes of some romance or the characters devlopment there wasnt any but the jokes made me laugh which made it bareable and i dnt understand the backstory they fix everyone elses issuess then glaced over the accident which shldnt cause an issue as it was the drivers fault not hers she may not of even been in the car its never actually stated she was in it jst assumed
Oct 1, 2013 6:15 PM
Dec 2012
Don't know if it was just me, but all of the characters other than Hiki had repetitive names! Like Yuigahama Yui and Yukinoshita Yukino. I think it might be to show that Hiki is really the outcast, loner, etc. But could it also be because he is the only truly unique person?

The show was amazing and I'll <3 it forever ^^
Oct 5, 2013 2:50 PM

Apr 2011
Venom900 said:
The show was pretty weak in terms of it's relation to the title, the first 6 episodes were comedy, no romance, and the last 6 (last episode doesn't count) were just drama also no romance. Normally I don't care because I judge shows for what they are rather than what was expected, but when you specifically title the show "My Teen Romantic Comedy" you really just set in stone, what this show should be about. So, obviously that was a major problem, the second was the only interesting character was Hachiman, Yui's character can be found in just about any anime school anime, Yukino's character isn't as common but is still found in a lot of different shows, but Hachiman's character is probably a rarity. Their are only a few shows with characters like his that I've seen and I can relate to his character quite a bit. Ultimately however, the plot fell flatter than a pancake, I just saw nothing about the show other than Hachiman that was worth the watch

I know this is one o these adaptation with too long name, but it's still single sentence. It's tittle doesn't stop by "My teen romantic comedy" but it continue: "Is wrong as expected".

You can't realy blame it for misleading advertising.
Oct 13, 2013 12:50 AM

Oct 2013
The ending was a bit of a fizzler to me. Which REALLY annoys me because I loved this series SOOOO much! I wanted/needed some sort of closure or growth but I failed to see much from the two main characters.

The title of the show has sooooo much to do with this series. Hikigaya is the star of the show yet YES he gets no romance and is pretty much the butt of most of the comedy which is a euphemism for his life and school experiences.

Everything he did throughout the series backfired on him, even when Yui wanted to go out places with him, his certainty in the fact that it would go bad stopped that romance from progressing.

The special bond that was forming between the three characters was really unique and interesting but even after the last episode still felt so fragile.

If the support group cancelled tomorrow I believe the two main characters would care but they would act the same as they did in episode 1. It was only Yui that had grown and would try to keep them together.

So there was no romance and not much growth, and the show closed with Hikigaya mentioning something about the festival going on which wasn't that deep... which was really disappointing for me particularly due to episode 9. Where Yukino's sister at the festival said that Yukino was not going to be chosen ... again. This was such a powerful moment yet they did nothing with this. :( :( :(

The whole school hated him in episode 12, so to cause their team to be disqualified in the last episode was kinda pointless and an anti-climax, particularly when there was so much more else that could have been revealed character wise especially with Yukino-san.

9/10 - As a standalone episode that could have been slotted in anywhere
2/10 - As a series ending
threestepsaheadOct 13, 2013 1:05 AM
Oct 13, 2013 12:31 PM

Sep 2013
I wonder when Season 2 will start x.x, not enough romance was shown yet.
The first thirteen episodes were still a great slice of life/comedy feel.
Oct 14, 2013 2:42 AM

Nov 2010
Funny (and ironic) comments everywhere, seems like people are expecting what should not be expected out of this anime (well, I can't really blame them since the last episodes were kind of like a detour).
Oct 23, 2013 1:54 PM

Dec 2012
Although apparently this was filler, I can call it a Saika end right? Either way it was a fun series.
Oct 23, 2013 7:59 PM
Dec 2011
In the episode it is mentioned that this takes place after the cultural festival arc. This doesn't make sense because sports festival takes place before cultural festival.
Nov 12, 2013 10:02 AM

Nov 2012
Huh, rom/com? Where was this romance? WHERE??

This anime is copy/pasted school life, it dont bring anything new and quality isnt impresing aswell.
It's medicore at best 5/10.
KrunchyNov 12, 2013 10:07 AM
Nov 16, 2013 4:48 PM

Sep 2013
This is probably the only show (out of anime, film, and television shows) that I felt really hit close to home... The ending would be truly a downer if it doesn't get a second season.

Although the romance is pretty non-existent, I feel that it's okay in the sense that Hikigaya wasn't going to unrealistically give up all of his past horrible memories just to fall for either of the two female leads. Also, I feel like if it would have intruded upon the awesome dialogue of this show, which was one the main reasons why I watched this.

8/10. As said before, could have been a 9/10 if there was a bit more closure than a single statement in this episode. At least I now have something to look forward to/
Dec 8, 2013 1:44 PM

Jan 2013
Hikki is awesome.
Dec 8, 2013 9:47 PM

Dec 2013
Great anime, season 2 when?
Dec 14, 2013 3:39 PM

Aug 2007
The setting and most of the cast is pretty average.
I REALLY liked Hachiman though, which I give the series and extra point for the genius inner monologue.
6/10

Also, I enjoyed the Master Asia/G Gundam reference in this episode xD

Dec 16, 2013 5:30 AM

Dec 2012
Meguri is pretty cute. I... I guess I would let her into my harem.
Jan 5, 2014 12:42 AM

Aug 2012
Ah, so this is an extra, still a great episode though, i really enjoyed it and seeing a single moment of Yukinon blushing was totally worth it.

And Meguri, she was so adorable >_<

8/10

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jan 14, 2014 10:04 PM

Apr 2012
No conclusive ending, but enjoyable series
Maybe a season 2 down the road?

8/10

Jan 25, 2014 1:39 AM

Mar 2010
Sourire said:
This show was my surprise of this season and deserves an award for the writing and the characterization. Will watch again.

9/10 overall

Pretty much what I wanted to say too , anyway the last episode was amazingly funny ...that fujoshi girl , "YUIIII" HAHAHAHAHA XD
Sebastian333Jan 25, 2014 3:25 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2014 8:44 PM
Jan 2014
This has become one of my favorite anime. Because of how much I can relate to the characters on an emotional level, and because I love them, this anime gets a 10/10. Great episode. I hope there's a second season.
moving on.
Jan 26, 2014 5:47 PM

Jun 2012
I didnt like it at much at the start but 8man really grows on you.
S2 pls.
9/10
Jan 27, 2014 11:17 PM
Oct 2010
I enjoyed this a lot, but that had a lot to do with me having similar traits to the MC rather than anything else. I'm not as extreme as him and introverted like he is, but I would say I understand his point of view about a lot of things.
Feb 6, 2014 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
Zaimokuza you legend. Loved his epic war cry at the end. Zai and the fujoshi girl syncing up perfectly was quite a nice touch.

But did anyone notice some of the carriers for the white team in the flag game? That's some intense JoJo style character models right there :o
Feb 27, 2014 9:31 AM

Jan 2012
10/10 MC

every comedy skit is not over-used and well done no matter how cliche they are...

hell even the fillers are worth watching...

wanna give it a 9, but I felt the content was declining slowly and steadily towards the end..

8.5/10

would watch 2nd season

good shit
Apr 3, 2014 5:59 PM

Jul 2011
*sniff* whether there will be a second season or not, once again, another beautiful anime comes to an end and all the characters that have grown on me will be gone. I wish a lot of these anime would have more than the typical 11-13 episode seasons, some are lucky enough to have 2, maybe 3, but wish they would go on for a lot longer. It's so bittersweet, anyways, this anime is easily one of the most relatable anime i have ever watched and I really enjoyed Hikky as the MC. Really different from alot of the other anime in this genre, but that being said, not too fond of the ending. Hope there is a 2nd season...if not I guess I'll just have to say goodbye. <3

9/10
Apr 17, 2014 1:31 AM

Feb 2013
I'm glad I'm not the only on who thought of Saber from Fate/stay Night when they showed Yui and Yukino in that armor. This was a good episode but not a good final episode. It didn't feel like it was the end. It felt like the end of any other episode. Overall I enjoyed the series and glad that it will be getting a second season. Good thing the second season was announced the day before I finished it. Looking forward to it.
May 15, 2014 11:48 AM
Aug 2007
This anime didn't really impress me. The forcefully added singing segment in the previous episode was just completely unnecessary and I don't even want to get into how Yui just suddenly knew the song... it felt like they made up an excuse to get the VAs to do some singing.

There wasn't much comedy (which is why I initially started to watch it), but there was nothing to make up for it either. The romance was barely there and even the supposedly socially shunned main character had plenty of people around him.

The only real saving grace, IMO, were the inner monologues that hikigaya occasionally had, and seeing his interactions with some of the popular kids, and SOME of the stuff they showed felt new, like the student committee part and the camping trip.

Just about makes it to a 7/10. I guess I just expected a lot more from an anime that I've seen getting called AotY in some places..
RaiteiMay 15, 2014 11:52 AM
May 28, 2014 4:09 PM

Aug 2009
highlights of episode:

1. fsn saber outfit
2. zaimokuza
3. saika (not a big fan of him tho)

good series. was a fun ride
Jun 9, 2014 2:33 PM

May 2011
Haha this was a pretty fun episode to watch. And Meguri is so adorable.

Looking forward to season 2 whenever it comes out! I need more Yui, Yukinon, and of course Hikki.
Jun 17, 2014 4:58 PM

Sep 2013
I liked this anime. 8/10
Jun 22, 2014 5:40 AM

Mar 2013
Very good just good cause i can relate to this anime much such an amazing anime i`m still waiting for S2 to be aired 8/10 for me...
Jun 29, 2014 9:37 AM

Jun 2014
The description is wrong, this series is not considered a romance it's just a slice of life/comedy(im bored with the half of this series). The main guy is cool (I feel so bad on him at ep 12) while the main girl is boring as fvck. Overall i'll give it a 6/10 and im hoping for a great sequel.
Jul 14, 2014 7:22 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode and amazing anime~!
Hachiman and Yukino are awesome characters
Aug 4, 2014 5:48 PM

Oct 2010
Pretty generic series.
Aug 18, 2014 9:23 AM

May 2014
Love this series! I just couldn't stop watching. It kinda reminds me of what I was feeling while watching Haganai.

I think Hikki is a really wise badass :)) and Yukino is just amazing <3.

I can't wait for season 2. I hope they will pay a little more attention on the romantic part. But not this kind of romance...
psy8hillme said:
Aug 23, 2014 10:20 AM

Jul 2014
I totally loved this series!!! I was hooked on it from the very first episode!!! I really hope there is a season 2!!! I would totally watch it. I would totally like Yui to be the one to win over hikki. But we all know that's probably not gonna happen... Still a great series though!

P.S. Found out season 2 is confirmed!!!! Can't wait!!!
skullcruncherAug 23, 2014 4:10 PM
Aug 23, 2014 10:39 PM

Jun 2012
Loved the series. An 8/10. Hikigaya's really intelligent, isn't he?

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Sep 17, 2014 10:20 PM

Sep 2014
I'm surprised that I enjoyed this show. Roughly how long do you guys expect it will take until the second season comes out? A year? Two years?
Nov 18, 2014 9:55 PM
Mar 2014
notsomacho said:
I'm surprised that I enjoyed this show. Roughly how long do you guys expect it will take until the second season comes out? A year? Two years?

Spring 2015, apparently.
Dec 8, 2014 5:47 PM

Feb 2014
Nice decoy Hachiman. Zaimokuza outdid himself. Yukino was showing her deredere side. Ahh, very funny episode.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Dec 20, 2014 10:33 AM

Sep 2014
Unexpectedly good anime. Great even. Possibly the best of all similar romcoms I have seen. Both girls are pretty awesome. Well, Yukino is much better, but still, Yui didn't annoy in me in the slightest, unlike most of the 'second girls' in such shows. Also Hachiman is quite unique and awesome main character for this type of show, I really liked him. One of my favourite MCs ever, that's for sure.
In any case, great show, can't wait for another season and hopefully we do get some more development with Yukino then :3 I might also look into the novel if it's translated.
Jan 12, 2015 9:03 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wait, this is the ending of this series? I wanted to give it a close 8, but that's out of the way now. Very good series with a very cool MC. Second season will probably be the love triangle, looking forward to it :D
Jan 18, 2015 3:31 PM

Dec 2009
Of course they get disqualified.

So the end of Yahari Ore no Seishun till the spring. Great to have caught up in two days, I regret not watching this sooner, because this has been one of the strongest cliche high school animes.

It is anything but normal.
Jan 28, 2015 3:26 PM

Jun 2014
Totsuka is like the Hideyoshi of Baka to Test.

The series hit some good points, but it was also very flat and average, 7/10.

Feb 21, 2015 2:59 PM

Jul 2012
Yep that was fun to watch. I did lack the "romance" part though of this anime, so I am not sure why MAL listed this as romance. Ah well, the comedy was fun.

6/10.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:02 PM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.