Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 19, 2013 2:30 AM

May 2012
Super awesome ending sequence.

Each ep it confirms this as best series of the season.

nelsonbrabra said:
Karisu said:
nelsonbrabra said:
the last scene was just amazing n the ost in it made it so awesome. would be a perfect adapation if it wasnt for the rotoscope

Funny, I find it is perfect thanks to the rotoscope. Would never get the emotion on their faces this good without it.

im gettin used to it but still don't like it.

And yet you are still here, dont Keep on denying you real feelings, you love it. Period.

UnbornMVs said:
This episode could've been SOOOO much better if they would've just went with a normal animation and the character design wasn't so bad , it still pisses me off after all , such a shame.

Such an intense ep , OST was great. And it's gonna get even crazier.

False. What you say would make this beautiful piece of art and superb artistic vision into more generic boring pointless garbage.

KingYoshi said:
Incredible episode. First half was decent at best, but from the time he met Nakamura at midnight to the ending of the episode was amazing and one of the best moments in anime. Bone chillingly evil and beautiful all at the same time. The slow motion, ending song, and poor bliss that Nakamura felt was so well done. A blissful dance as "her little deviant" came out of his shell and trashed the classroom. In slow motion as that crazy ass ED played...incredible!!

This anime is pushing "10" status. Hope it keeps it up. Its going to be hard after that sequence right there. Pure awesomeness!!!

Indeed. Well said.

Kjeldoran said:
As a reader of the manga, I have been eagerly anticipating how they would adapt the classroom vandalism scene. It was beautifully done and it was everything I had ever imagined it to be. Bravo.

And I say BRAVO to your good eye, excellent appreciation and darn good taste, speaks volumes from a manga fan. Bravo.
9988May 19, 2013 2:38 AM
May 19, 2013 3:40 AM
Apr 2013
That was one of the most powerfull scenes i've ever witnessed in anime, ever, and i doubt anything this season will be able to top this emotional rollecoaster.
May 19, 2013 4:01 AM

Apr 2008
Nakamura pretty much sums up what some people are sick of seeing from the anime industry. Acting all innocent and pure when they're all in fact are "sex crazed shit heads" who are pussies to admit to the fact and show their true colors, so it seems. Am I the only one who thinks that she's a sane non-generic anime character?
May 19, 2013 4:03 AM
Apr 2013
Kazejimonji said:
Nakamura pretty much sums up what some people are sick of seeing from the anime industry. Acting all innocent and pure when they're all in fact are "sex crazed shit heads" who are pussies to admit to the fact and show their true colors, so it seems. Am I the only one who thinks that she's a sane non-generic anime character?

Not at all.
May 19, 2013 4:09 AM

Apr 2011
Mother of... the anime did that scene better than the manga in my opinion. Amazing episode, can't wait to see how this all pans out.
May 19, 2013 4:26 AM
Jan 2013
Best sex scene I've ever seen. No, seriously. What a thing of beauty. Feeling mighty sorry for whoever dropped this.
May 19, 2013 4:32 AM
Apr 2013
DaBlackShinigami said:

Spot on.

That was an incredible sexual relation allegory and woudn't work without rotoscope.
May 19, 2013 5:36 AM

Mar 2013
This deserves more praise, So good as shingeki.The opening was the better of the three already featured and That ending was absolutely amazing!
BLaCkGuN69May 19, 2013 5:43 AM
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
May 19, 2013 6:13 AM

Oct 2007
DaBlackShinigami said:
Best sex scene I've ever seen. No, seriously. What a thing of beauty. Feeling mighty sorry for whoever dropped this.
That was NOT EVERYTHING you are about to see YET :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 19, 2013 9:26 AM

Feb 2008
Man, dat classroom scene was simply amazing!
May 19, 2013 9:36 AM

Jan 2012
Episode after episode this really never ceases to amaze me, this ep is the height of it so far. Kasuga finally snapped... welp. The school destruction scene was the best use of this rotoscope technique yet imo, the slow motion set it off very well too I was literally tingling. I love how they pull off the transition between the ED and ending scenes so amazingly again and again, the atmosphere it creates is mind blowing.

5/5
May 19, 2013 9:45 AM

Sep 2012
The last scene was the best thing I've seen in an anime this year.That's the type of things I generally like in live action movie and that I want to see more in anime. Incredible! Pretty sure Nakamura came during this.

Also, someone should do a gif of Nakamura laughing at Kasuga. I'm pretty sure it can be used a lot in this forum.
SetsukoHaraMay 19, 2013 9:48 AM
May 19, 2013 9:53 AM

Jan 2012
So this show's considered good now? I never got around to starting it as I assumed it wasn't worth it from all the hate it was getting. I guess i'll give it a go.
May 19, 2013 10:06 AM

Jan 2012
Bison- said:
So this show's considered good now? I never got around to starting it as I assumed it wasn't worth it from all the hate it was getting. I guess i'll give it a go.

All I can say is try it and make your own decision. Rarely is it wise to listen to all of the hate/hype posted here, most is unreasonable. The majority of haters have left and it is mainly those who were enjoying the show now.
ReasonDesuMay 19, 2013 10:31 AM
May 19, 2013 10:11 AM

Jul 2009
and now everything's going to shit
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
May 19, 2013 10:14 AM
Apr 2011
wheresthehandle said:
and now everything's going to shit

There are still some good moments before "that scene".
May 19, 2013 10:56 AM

Aug 2011
The animation seems to be improving, everything looked so...natural this episode. The anime itself keeps getting better and better as well, that last scene was absolutely brilliant. Definitely in my top 5 of this season now!
May 19, 2013 10:56 AM
May 2013
Great episode.

At the end, I thought Nakamura was going to say
May 19, 2013 11:03 AM

Jul 2012
Holy shit, this episode was the best anime episode i ever watched this season
better even than Shingeki no Kyoujin
Deep and intense
a truly masterpiece with the use of the rotoscopy
THAT ED WAS AMAZING!!
just waiting to see the rating of this anime raising up just like "shinsekai yori" on the season finale
May 19, 2013 11:08 AM

Mar 2013
tfw that "I told you so" feeling to everyone that told me this was shit

petchMay 20, 2013 7:57 AM
May 19, 2013 11:11 AM

May 2012
ReasonDesu said:
Bison- said:

All I can say is try it and make your own decision. Rarely is it wise to listen to all of the hate/hype posted here, most is unreasonable. The majority of haters have left and it is mainly those who were enjoying the show now.

Seconded. You should never base what you watch or not based on the opinions of others, if you get interested initially for the premise, characters, art style, etc, then try it and decide for yourself, never take at face value the comments positive or not of random anons on the net, much less forum, much less when the negative comes in great part from biased butthurtness from not getting "cute" "pretty" chara designs.

And thanks the heavens those people have left, it got ridiculous, we ca now discuss in peace and give constructive criticism for what the anime is and offers.

And yea, just like anyone else, that ending classroom scene was one of the most well done in anime in years.

Really, execution, directing, atmosphere, personalities, music, songs, everything is pretty high caliber. Have not seen something as ambitious and well executed like Aku no Hana in a few years.

Sorry but shingeki takes second spot this season.

Kazejimonji said:

You are right, Nakamura is not generic in so many ways, most interesting anime character in a while.

You an be sure we will remember the Nakamura of the anime for quite some time.
9988May 19, 2013 11:18 AM
May 19, 2013 11:12 AM

Aug 2011
sisyphus said:
Great episode.

At the end, I thought Nakamura was going to say

Same! Was kind of disappointed she didn't, haha.
May 19, 2013 11:19 AM

Jul 2009
Oh snap, that was pretty intense O_O From Saeki asking Kasuga if there was anything he needed to tell her (just hearing the end of that conversation with Nakamura ... ouch) and them him saying no ... then asking Nakamura to tell her for him?! Oh man ... TBH I kind of expected him to stop her when she was leaving but I was still kind of surprised when he started writing everything down on the chalkboard - AND THEN CONTINUING! He's finally snapped hasn't he ... still, really intense scene especially when they proceeded to kind of destroy the classroom XD Still, really fit well with the new ED and the slow-motion. Ohh snap :O Oh and the new OP (Saeki's version) was nice too ... I like how it changes slightly for each character :P
In any case next episode is gonna be pretty intense with them being discovered and then his secret (presumably) revealed for everyone to see. Plus he's going to break up with Saeki too ...? :O
May 19, 2013 11:19 AM

Apr 2012
Christ, what an intense episode. I'd been putting off watching it for a while because of the weird rotoscope style, but I started watching it today and I'm caught up now.

That ending was one of the strangest things I've ever seen, I really enjoyed it. They've really settled into the rotoscoping as well I found it intriguing but difficult to watch in the first episodes so now I'm either used to it or they've improved their style.
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!
Araragi: *Clueless look* Thanks?

Bakemonogatari, Episode 5.
May 19, 2013 11:32 AM

Jan 2012
ReasonDesu said:
Bison- said:

I've watched the first 3 episodes and am really enjoying it so far, I don't understand why there was so much hate towards the rotoscoping.
May 19, 2013 11:34 AM

Sep 2012
petch said:
tfw that "I told you so" feeling to everyone that told me this was shit

"More, this isn't enough to satisfy me."

Also, you gotta love Nakamura's dance. Amazing!
May 19, 2013 11:40 AM

May 2012
DarthVantos said:
im glad i stayed here for the ride, unlike the rest of them. The remaining ones still here are in for a ride of their life this anime has burned a deep mark into my mind. I will never forget that ending and it's mean for as long as i live.

This is what happens with an ambitious and talented director when his creativity and vision is unrestricted.

This result in a high caliber work, it becomes memorable in whole or part; I agree, we will remember much about this anime for years to come.
May 19, 2013 11:45 AM

Aug 2011
Very good episode cant wait for next week
May 19, 2013 11:57 AM

Jun 2009
Oh man, Saeki's OP theme totally fits her. I'm up-to-date on the manga, so ohohoho dat foreshadowing in the lyrics.

Also I was surprised to hear the original version of the ED song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWCD9EtKPAY), and it fit perfectly with the classroom scene and the way it was executed. (The remixed ED wouldn't work as well, I believe.)

Gosh I can't wait for next week + beyond next week both because I like this series, and to see the reactions of those who havent read the manga, ehehehe.
May 19, 2013 12:09 PM

Oct 2009
Wow, the end was intense
May 19, 2013 12:36 PM

Jan 2012
SetsukoHara said:

Also, someone should do a gif of Nakamura laughing at Kasuga. I'm pretty sure it can be used a lot in this forum.

LoL you reminded me how much I enjoyed that part too. It's only a quick one but mission accomplished.

May 19, 2013 12:54 PM

Sep 2012
ReasonDesu said:
SetsukoHara said:

LoL you reminded me how much I enjoyed that part too. It's only a quick one but mission accomplished.

It's excellent, thanks!
May 19, 2013 12:55 PM

Dec 2012
Nakamura orgasm face.

Just when I thought this show couldn't get any better, it did. The last scene did not disappoint. Cannot wait for next week to see Kasuga's classmates' reactions. Kasuga is also a chalkboard warrior.
May 19, 2013 12:58 PM

Nov 2011
Loved the changes in the lyrics of the OP, and all has been said of the ending sequence.

Bison- said:
ReasonDesu said:
Bison- said:

I've watched the first 3 episodes and am really enjoying it so far, I don't understand why there was so much hate towards the rotoscoping.

This show has been good since the first episode, and the quality consistent. I understand the hate towards rotoscoping; people just don't like it. I still have a problem with the low frame rate sometimes. What I didn't understand were the complaints about pacing and the lack of a story, made on the first episode, which I can't attribute to anything but sophistry and fabrications to cover disdain for the art style. As someone who hasn't read the manga, the pacing was fine, and the climax of this episode wouldn't have worked without the masterful build up to this point. Granted, I haven't read any discussions after I've seen what happened on the first episode discussion, but I'm glad people are able to appreciate the show for what it is now.
MissileSoupMay 19, 2013 1:04 PM
May 19, 2013 1:51 PM

Jan 2012
MissileSoup said:

This show has been good since the first episode, and the quality consistent. I understand the hate towards rotoscoping; people just don't like it. I still have a problem with the low frame rate sometimes.

Thing is though it's the same frame rate as standard anime as far as I can see. I've been ripping from MKV and making GIFs and it's 23.976 fps like most anime. I was a little confused at first as I heard people saying it was slower.

Still you can't complain with some of the visuals it delivers, I think it's just because the movement is animated differently to most anime. The end of this episode was the pinnacle of the rotoscope so far, it really blew me away.
May 19, 2013 2:33 PM

Nov 2011
ReasonDesu said:
Thing is though it's the same frame rate as standard anime as far as I can see. I've been ripping from MKV and making GIFs and it's 23.976 fps like most anime. I was a little confused at first as I heard people saying it was slower.

Still you can't complain with some of the visuals it delivers, I think it's just because the movement is animated differently to most anime. The end of this episode was the pinnacle of the rotoscope so far, it really blew me away.

I honestly don't know the technical details of the frame rates. From what I Googled after you response though, it appears you're probably correct. But it doesn't change how choppy the animation felt. From what I've heard, Sakamichi no Apollon was also rotoscoped, and I've never noticed as much inconsistencies between visuals and sound, missing facial features, etc. Regardless, I had no complaint of the style itself, just how lazily it seemed to be done.
May 19, 2013 2:40 PM

Jan 2012
Well, I just watched all 7 episodes. That ending definitely lived up to all the praise.
May 19, 2013 2:43 PM

Jan 2012
Bison- said:
Well, I just watched all 7 episodes. That ending definitely lived up to all the praise.

Hehe nice man I'm glad you enjoyed it too. I really had goosebumps watching it and dread to think how many times I've re-watched it while messing about with it today. I do feel sorry for the people who dropped this on episode 1, but I guess this isn't for everyone.
May 19, 2013 3:01 PM
May 2013
I REALLY enjoyed this episode. Even having read the manga, the way this scene was portrayed at the end was AMAZING compared to the original. I am going to stick this animated version out until the end because personally I love the way it feels. Not so much the way it looks though, haha. ^-^
May 19, 2013 3:01 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, this episode. I'm starting to like Nakamura a lot. Kasuga has lost it in this episode (although I thought he was mental from the start). The classroom scene was amazing, made me want to do something similar, too bad I just finished high school (although that doesn't mean I can't broke into it at night and mess the classroom up). Looking forward for the next episode, this show is insane.
Also the OP... nice.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 19, 2013 3:26 PM

Sep 2011
ReasonDesu said:
MissileSoup said:

This show has been good since the first episode, and the quality consistent. I understand the hate towards rotoscoping; people just don't like it. I still have a problem with the low frame rate sometimes.

You're mistaking the framerate of the video which is set at a standard rate for broadcast and the framerate of the animation. If you want to find the actual framerate step through some scenes and check to see how many frames are repeated. Of course you will have the problem of interpolation frames but not much you can do about that.
May 19, 2013 3:43 PM

Jan 2012
scruffykiwi said:

You're mistaking the framerate of the video which is set at a standard rate for broadcast and the framerate of the animation. If you want to find the actual framerate step through some scenes and check to see how many frames are repeated. Of course you will have the problem of interpolation frames but not much you can do about that.

The GIFs I made at 23.976 fps seem to run at the exact same speed as the anime itself. If you have any info on the actual frame rate of this feel free to inform me. I think that pretty much proves it though as I'm ripping straight from the MKV, I must admit I'm not very knowledgeable about this though.
May 19, 2013 3:52 PM

Aug 2011
So he chose THAT over ending the contract, huh. Who knows, maybe it wouldn't have really ended there but now I can't help but think what a mess he's got himself in to now. Literally.

Simply amazing scene at the end. New creepy music but the slow motion was really beautiful. And I really loved this episode's rendition of the OP theme. Great show.
May 19, 2013 4:58 PM

Aug 2009
I was looking forward to seeing how the vandalism scene would turn out and I'm truly impressed. The whole thing was simply beautiful.
May 19, 2013 5:00 PM

May 2010
Good lord, I guess sometimes you just have to break down in your high school and write how batshit crazy you are everywhere. Stealing gym clothes does that to you I guess.
May 19, 2013 5:05 PM

Jan 2012
synd465 said:
Good lord, I guess sometimes you just have to break down in your high school and write how batshit crazy you are everywhere. Stealing gym clothes does that to you I guess.

This made me laugh way more than I should. I know that feel though, this episode was like a masochistic climax for me *_*
May 19, 2013 5:16 PM

Jun 2011
Smiddy said:
I was looking forward to seeing how the vandalism scene would turn out and I'm truly impressed. The whole thing was simply beautiful.

I haven't read this far in the manga, but I agree.
It was amazingly beautiful, nearly put me in tears.
May 19, 2013 5:21 PM
Jan 2011
I cried at the end scene. It was... beautiful...
May 19, 2013 5:53 PM

Sep 2012
synd465 said:

I stopped analysing Kasuga's behavior. His actions are just way too weird for me. I'm still watching for the atmosphere, and DAT NAKAMURA.
May 19, 2013 5:56 PM

Oct 2011
Kasuga finally snapped!!!! The classroom scene was jawdropping. My mouth is still opened. O___0
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

324 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.