Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2014 10:50 AM

Nov 2013
SimmianPrime said:
HandsomeMan said:
I'll be giving this a 5/10.

I just can't take anything you said seriously after looking at the scores you've given other shows......

Lol so what? This is a personal opinion. Your fanboyism will get you nowhere; I most certainly won't up the score, but let enough people to try to argue my opinion and blindly defend obvious faults, then I'll gladly lower it due to your condescension.
Sep 12, 2014 11:24 AM

Jul 2012
hinode said:
Am I the only one put off by the fact that Satoru is ready to name his boy like his former lover? Well I guess it's the same for Saki...

Iunno, I've seen this trend going around with dead loved ones.

HandsomeMan said:
Lol so what? This is a personal opinion. Your fanboyism will get you nowhere; I most certainly won't up the score, but let enough people to try to argue my opinion and blindly defend obvious faults, then I'll gladly lower it due to your condescension.

Lol as much as we're acting fanboy/girlish, you're acting quite the opposite. But doesn't matter, nobody will force you to change your score. I commend you for finishing something you hate at least. If I hated SSY, I doubt I would have the patience to sit through it.
Sep 12, 2014 1:27 PM

Nov 2013
mayukachan said:
Lol as much as we're acting fanboy/girlish, you're acting quite the opposite. But doesn't matter, nobody will force you to change your score. I commend you for finishing something you hate at least. If I hated SSY, I doubt I would have the patience to sit through it.

Who said I hated it? Last time I checked a 5 is not hating. I do hate the fanboy communities that exist all over the internet and try to defend whatever it is they're in love with though.

I kept on watching it because it had really good moments and I was hoping to see more of those good moments, but it kept giving me the opposite (by the way "good moments" for me might be completely something opposite to you in case you didn't know before people start asking me mundane questions). You realise tastes differ and something which might be in the top 5 for one person is in the bottom 5 for another. But the sheer number of people calling this series a "masterpiece" here is something that makes me rather nauseous.

But you definitely are either a fangirl if you think a 5 is hating, or you simply don't know the meaning of the word, because unless it's a 10 it's not a fair score for this series, am I right?
Sep 12, 2014 4:25 PM

Oct 2010
HandsomeMan said:
SimmianPrime said:

I just can't take anything you said seriously after looking at the scores you've given other shows......

The fuck? How exactly was I being a fanboy? I merely pointed out that based on the scores you've given many other series that you have objectively shit taste/have no idea what actually constitutes a good series and thus I can't take anything you say about any series seriously. I couldn't give two shits if you gave Shinsekai Yori a 1.
Sep 12, 2014 4:42 PM

Apr 2014
Just finished binge watching this show... I need to go watch something cheerful now.
Sep 12, 2014 5:21 PM

Jul 2012
HandsomeMan said:
But you definitely are either a fangirl if you think a 5 is hating, or you simply don't know the meaning of the word, because unless it's a 10 it's not a fair score for this series, am I right?

No, I'm saying your arguments don't match the rating you gave it. If you think something is overrated/overly pretentious/try hard deep, that doesn't really justify an "Average" rating. Average is some random ecchi harem without a purpose or a mecha with average characters and plot all over the place.

If I watched an anime that people consider a masterpiece and I didn't think it deserved it, I would still give it a 7 despite my dislike of it.

I guess we just have different mindsets in rating. I'm a bit more fair when I don't like a show that's actually good.
Sep 12, 2014 6:32 PM

Nov 2013
mayukachan said:
I guess we just have different mindsets in rating. I'm a bit more fair when I don't like a show that's actually good.

My list is solely made up from personal enjoyment and not what the general public or fanbase would consider "fair", or from any other point of view, be it to look at the show as a whole or not. It's made so that I can refer to it in the future myself (if I want to re-watch something for example), not for others to get an idea of what to watch, if they want that, they can refer to you or that other gentleman, who apparently doesn't have "shit taste" in anime. Not everyone has to utilize this website as you want it to be utilized.

And there's some really good ecchi harem and mecha anime out there with a deeper, or at the very least more entertaining plot.
Sep 12, 2014 6:42 PM

Jul 2012
Okay, let's just agree to disagree because our opinions are clashing. lul

HandsomeMan said:
And there's some really good ecchi harem and mecha anime out there with a deeper, or at the very least more entertaining plot.

I have nothing against mecha actually. Just pointing out that a lot of them are average and the plot in them are messy. I'd like to see an ecchi harem beat what I said, but unfortunately, there's still nothing yet. Sure, it can be entertaining, but good?
Sep 12, 2014 7:01 PM

Nov 2013
mayukachan said:
I'd like to see an ecchi harem beat what I said, but unfortunately, there's still nothing yet. Sure, it can be entertaining, but good?

Well you watched NGNL and didn't like it I see, even though to me it was probably one of the best anime I watched in 2014.

Try Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari which is also a Harem and Ecchi, which you have on your 'to watch list'. I personally enjoyed it and it also has rating higher than an 8 just like this series, although that show is not as overrated as this.

But hey, maybe the genre is just not your thing, and so you give it a lower score even though it gets loved by a lot of people (in the case of NGNL which got a higher overall than this show). Fact of the matter is people have different tastes, but what seems to happen is that whenever someone gives a conflicting opinion towards something, the person gets a whole plethora of responses. Why not respond to those guys who rate it a 10 and say "good job, I also agree with this?", why attack the person who gives it criticism by labelling him a troll or something similar just because he disagrees? By the way I'm not suggesting that's what happened here, but it is something so common over the internet and frankly quite annoying. "Just because he doesn't agree with me he is wrong / has bad taste / etc".
Sep 12, 2014 7:15 PM

Oct 2010
HandsomeMan said:
Fact of the matter is people have different tastes, but what seems to happen is that whenever someone gives a conflicting opinion towards something, the person gets a whole plethora of responses.

Your "conflicting opinion" consisted of "Now I see why this didn't get much hype. It's because this anime is nothing special, and is completely and utterly overrated by the people here." and a paragraph on how you didn't think the romance was realistic.

The fact that you score based on enjoyment is fine. My point is that what you find enjoyable is mostly shit. You finding series like Black Bullet, NGNL, Sword Art Online or the hentai series Imouto Paradise and Please Rape Me more enjoyable than Shinsekai just means that I automatically disregard everything you say in regards to what makes a series good.

It's like someone saying they found the Song of Ice and Fire series to be crap but they gave Twilight 10/10.
Sep 12, 2014 7:42 PM

Nov 2013
SimmianPrime said:
The fact that you score based on enjoyment is fine. My point is that what you find enjoyable is mostly shit. You finding series like Black Bullet, NGNL, Sword Art Online or the hentai series Imouto Paradise and Please Rape Me more enjoyable than Shinsekai just means that I automatically disregard everything you say in regards to what makes a series good..

Haha, okay... But you see, your opinion actually matters less than mine. Because the series that I actually rated 10, which you didn't mention, are my favorite anime. So let's see here, which anime I consider my favorite...

Death Note, Code Geass, Steins Gate, Fate/Zero, Attack on Titan, Darker than Black, NGNL, Another, Magi, Eden of the East, Higurashi, Psycho Pass, Angel Beats and many others. What's this? Most of these are in fact considered the most popular, the most well received, the most watched and the highest rated shows of all time.

So are you saying that I have a bad taste when my favorite anime are considered the best by the majority of people who watch anime? All you're doing here is pointing out that you're in the minority, so your opinion is actually irrelevant.

Peaaace.
Sep 12, 2014 7:50 PM

Jul 2012
HandsomeMan said:
mayukachan said:
I'd like to see an ecchi harem beat what I said, but unfortunately, there's still nothing yet. Sure, it can be entertaining, but good?

Well you watched NGNL and didn't like it I see, even though to me it was probably one of the best anime I watched in 2014.

Like I said before, my scores =/= enjoyability. I liked NGNL a lot and I was considering giving it a 7/10 but it wasn't great at all except for a few episodes in the middle. Hell, I even liked SAO and Glasslip to a certain extent. They provide entertainment and laughs.

I'll check out your suggestions tho.

Yeah, I know I have a bias against popularity but I have a few shows that I consider really good and are popular such as FMA, HxH, Code Geass (to a certain extent lol) and any sports anime. :P

Anyway, let's all stop having debates based off our favourite chinese cartoons because it's pretty obvious that we're on opposite sides of the taste spectrum. Although I'd like to point out, popularity/well-receivedness does not necessarily make something good, at all. It means the show is probably easy to watch though.
Sep 12, 2014 8:05 PM

Oct 2010
HandsomeMan said:
Haha, okay... But you see, your opinion actually matters less than mine. Because the series that I actually rated 10, which you didn't mention, are my favorite anime. So let's see here, which anime I consider my favorite...

Death Note, Code Geass, Steins Gate, Fate/Zero, Attack on Titan, Darker than Black, NGNL, Another, Magi, Eden of the East, Higurashi, Psycho Pass, Angel Beats and many others. What's this? Most of these are in fact considered the most popular, the most well received, the most watched and the highest rated shows of all time.

So are you saying that I have a bad taste when my favorite anime are considered the best by the majority of people who watch anime? All you're doing here is pointing out that you're in the minority, so your opinion is actually irrelevant.

Peaaace.

Twilight is one of the highest selling and most popular book series ever. The Michael Bay Transformers movies always gross incredibly highly. Popularity doesn't always = quality.

I'm saying that you're just like most anime fans.....you have shit taste, but you're under the delusion that you actually have good taste.

Seriously....you're argument is now "what I like is popular and well liked thus it must be good" that is beyond stupid (see my Twilight and Transformers example above)
Sep 12, 2014 8:28 PM

Sep 2011
SimmianPrime said:
Your "conflicting opinion" consisted of "Now I see why this didn't get much hype. It's because this anime is nothing special, and is completely and utterly overrated by the people here." and a paragraph on how you didn't think the romance was realistic.

I don't mind good discussions of conflicting opinions, and I honestly don't care about people's tastes unless they bring it up themselves, but that's pretty much a decent summary of why I didn't even bother replying to their original post. Again, as if the first sentence wasn't already enough to put people off:
HandsomeMan said:
Now I see why this didn't get much hype. It's because this anime is nothing special, and is completely and utterly overrated by the people here.

Uh yeah, no thanks. Then we have hyperbolic statements like these:
HandsomeMan said:
That is the worst piece of fiction I have ever witnessed and it just doesn't come close to any type of realistic presumption - and here we have an anime that tries so hard to "teach us" about humanity and the current world affairs that are happening outside of anime, whilst trying to be -deep-.

Seriously, this discussion has been stretched for far too long. Just let it die.
ronriSep 12, 2014 8:42 PM
Sep 12, 2014 8:50 PM

Oct 2010
ronri said:
Seriously, this discussion has been stretched for far too long. Just let it die.

I didn't even particularly even want to get involved in....whatever this is.

As I said above, I don't care what he or anyone else scores any show ever. They can/should rate on whatever criteria they like. However, don't expect me to then take anything you say seriously if you rate/reason the way HandsomeMan does. Which is literally all I said in my initial comment.

I only replied again after my initial reply to his first comment since apparently not taking the opinions of people who give hentai perfect 10's seriously makes me a fanboy......
Sep 13, 2014 4:20 AM

Nov 2013
First of all, you state that most people have bad taste. That's a very ignorant thing to say and makes you look like you're a kid (which you may be, it would explain the way you write). Who are you to say that the majority of people have bad taste? If it's really popular there must be a reason for its popularity, your taste sure as hell ain't "better" than a huge chunk of people - it's just different.

Second of all, bro what are you smoking? You keep bringing up hentai, but you realise that it's in my list simply for me to remember that I watched it? Who on Earth compares hentai to an anime series? It's like comparing apples and oranges; yeah, they're both produced in Japan, but that's about as far as it goes. I rate a hentai a 10 or whatever because I believe it's good in its own genre/spectrum. If I would put a hentai by an anime side-by-side I would definitely put my lowest rated anime above the highest rated hentai. It's like you suggest that you watch hentai for its plot?

And I don't mean to stay off topic, it's just when something so ignorant is said, I have to reply, otherwise the other person will never get it through to them.
Sep 13, 2014 6:47 AM

Oct 2010
HandsomeMan said:
First of all, you state that most people have bad taste. That's a very ignorant thing to say and makes you look like you're a kid (which you may be, it would explain the way you write). Who are you to say that the majority of people have bad taste? If it's really popular there must be a reason for its popularity, your taste sure as hell ain't "better" than a huge chunk of people - it's just different.

Second of all, bro what are you smoking? You keep bringing up hentai, but you realise that it's in my list simply for me to remember that I watched it? Who on Earth compares hentai to an anime series? It's like comparing apples and oranges; yeah, they're both produced in Japan, but that's about as far as it goes. I rate a hentai a 10 or whatever because I believe it's good in its own genre/spectrum. If I would put a hentai by an anime side-by-side I would definitely put my lowest rated anime above the highest rated hentai. It's like you suggest that you watch hentai for its plot?

And I don't mean to stay off topic, it's just when something so ignorant is said, I have to reply, otherwise the other person will never get it through to them.

Last reply (since I just can't help myself)

Nice job completely avoiding all the points I raised, that takes skill. Nice job ignoring the irony in you calling something someone else said "ignorant". What exactly about my writing "makes me look like a kid"? I'll let our arguments and the fact that you were the first (and on more than one occasion) to resort to name calling speak for who the kid is (hint.....it's you)

You're clearly so much more mature and grown up than me so I'll let myself out and continue watching my kiddy shows like Shinsekai Yori, Rose of Versailles, Ergo Proxy, Ghost in the Shell and Legend of the Galactic Heroes. While you continue watching your (clearly better since more people have seen and therefore like them) shows like Sword Art Online, No Game No Life, Code Geass, Psycho-Pass and Fate/Zero......lol.
Sep 13, 2014 7:37 AM

Nov 2013
SimmianPrime said:
You're clearly so much more mature and grown up than me so I'll let myself out and continue watching my kiddy shows like Shinsekai Yori, Rose of Versailles, Ergo Proxy, Ghost in the Shell and Legend of the Galactic Heroes. While you continue watching your (clearly better since more people have seen and therefore like them) shows like Sword Art Online, No Game No Life, Code Geass, Psycho-Pass and Fate/Zero......lol.

I never said those shows were for kids, just you, who has an ignorant mindset, and who so far couldn't provide a proper argument to any of my points.
Sep 18, 2014 4:16 PM

May 2009
I have to say that Shinsekai yori is one of the anime with the biggest potential I've ever seen, but it ended up being a flawed result because producers knew it wouldn't generate enough revenue to justify a greater allocation of resources.

If only it had paid attention to detail in terms of script, if only it had consistent directing, and if only the animation wasn't so sub-par, perhaps it would have turned into the best anime of 2012. Such a shame, really.
Sep 18, 2014 4:27 PM

Sep 2011
Sickly_Grin said:

If only it had paid attention to detail in terms of script, if only it had consistent directing, and if only the animation wasn't so sub-par, perhaps it would have turned into the best anime of 2012. Such a shame, really.

Didn't think it was that bad. Direction-wise, I actually really enjoyed it in terms of narrative and art style (love the flat look with low saturation, looks very earthly). Also I heard they made some improvements on the animation for the BD version, so at least there's that.
Sep 18, 2014 6:51 PM

Jul 2012
ronri said:
Sickly_Grin said:

Didn't think it was that bad. Direction-wise, I actually really enjoyed it in terms of narrative and art style (love the flat look with low saturation, looks very earthly). Also I heard they made some improvements on the animation for the BD version, so at least there's that.

Agreed.

Directing was great, animation was good enough (like do we really expect everything to be KyoAni or Guilty Crown level) esp because A-1 focused on SAO more.

Loved the script. The dialogue was so good. Filled with foreshadowing and hints!
Sep 19, 2014 6:53 AM

May 2009
Maybe I’m being a bit harsh because I keep thinking this show could have been much better.

Yes, directing perhaps was the best aspect from those I mentioned, although I found it flat in a couple of episodes. But I have reservations in regards to the script and animation. I think an excellent screenwriter pays attention to every little detail, but here the script completely overlooked various things in many occasions. Not to mention the pacing was somewhat inconsistent.

And then the animation. The first four episodes were absolutely brilliant, but episodes five to ten were really, really bad. It got better after that, but with drops in quality every now and then.

Overall, I'm not saying the production value was terrible. I would give the show a 7 or 8, which for me is a very good score. But like I said, given the premise and potential this anime had, I thought certain things could have been handled much better and the end result would have been something memorable. Oh well…
Sep 19, 2014 7:01 AM

Apr 2013
HandsomeMan said:
mayukachan said:

stopped taking you seriously at that point
Sep 23, 2014 11:29 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, so many people rated this show with a 10. Sorry but I can't give it more than a 7/10.
Shinsekai yori had a lot of potencial but some episodes were poorly written (I'm not talking about the yaoi/yuri episode).
It's in the top 100 so maybe I was expecting too much.
Sep 24, 2014 3:07 AM

Sep 2011
@Ale1212: Nothing against your rating, but judging a show based on others ratings (or at least recognizing it enough to apologize for your lower view of it) already lends to unrealistic expectations.

Admittedly, not at all implicating towards Shinsekai Yori's writing, but your faith towards anime within the "Top 100" is misplaced at best since I wouldn't really consider everything in the top 100 as a good indicator of a show's quality.

That said, even then I'd say Shinsekai Yori did a fairly solid enough job with its more mature story in the sea mediocrity flooding the market nowadays, enough that I'd say its place in the rankings and its positive reception is well-deserved. I'm certainly curious as to what you found questionable or poor in its writing and while you definitely don't have to, would you care to elaborate on them?
ronriSep 24, 2014 5:34 AM
Sep 25, 2014 1:45 PM

May 2009
ronri said:
@Ale1212: Nothing against your rating, but judging a show based on others ratings (or at least recognizing it enough to apologize for your lower view of it) already lends to unrealistic expectations.

Admittedly, not at all implicating towards Shinsekai Yori's writing, but your faith towards anime within the "Top 100" is misplaced at best since I wouldn't really consider everything in the top 100 as a good indicator of a show's quality.

That said, even then I'd say Shinsekai Yori did a fairly solid enough job with its more mature story in the sea mediocrity flooding the market nowadays, enough that I'd say its place in the rankings and its positive reception is well-deserved. I'm certainly curious as to what you found questionable or poor in its writing and while you definitely don't have to, would you care to elaborate on them?

I don't think he's judging it based on others' ratings. Of course people will have higher expectations for a show that's ranked #87 than another one ranked, say, #345, but the guy did specify that he thought the writing was poor. That's enough explanation to justify his rating.
Sep 26, 2014 9:04 AM

Jan 2014
holy shit, that ending... Oh my god, I'm speechless now :x

The Directing is Priceless also great story themes and conclusion to them. It developed so much insightful ideas.
What It lacks is Characters, IMO. Saki was ok, but didn't like how others turned to be... Shun, my favorite in this series next to Saki, died early, sadly. :/

9/10

"The power of imagination is what changes everything." [kids are laughing in room]
TapuTapuuSep 26, 2014 9:11 AM
Sep 26, 2014 6:43 PM

Sep 2011
Sickly_Grin said:
I don't think he's judging it based on others' ratings. Of course people will have higher expectations for a show that's ranked #87 than another one ranked, say, #345, but the guy did specify that he thought the writing was poor. That's enough explanation to justify his rating.

To a certain degree he did though, his post strongly implied that his perception of the show was greatly influenced by its ranking and people's ratings. He based his expectations on the top 100 and made a comparative remark towards other people's ratings as if rating it less is something to apologize for.

Also yes, he said the writing was poor, but in what aspect? I don't think there's anything wrong in asking that and it's not like I'm asking them to do it in order to justify their rating (if you look back at my post, I was asking out of curiosity than anything else).
ronriSep 26, 2014 6:48 PM
Sep 26, 2014 6:51 PM

Jul 2010
Beautiful anime

And this beautiful piece that they used all throughout the show was just perfect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3QZd4KDNoU
Sep 26, 2014 7:28 PM

Jul 2012
Kalisto said:
And this beautiful piece that they used all throughout the show was just perfect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3QZd4KDNoU

+1
Sep 30, 2014 6:37 PM

Jan 2008
Just binge watched this. Absolutely great series, but I felt so empty watching the finale and still feel that way now. Such a bittersweet ending =/ ...9/10
Oct 5, 2014 7:55 PM

Sep 2012
Beautiful series, unique in its own way, ending was somewhat depressing / sad that saki and satoru were the one ones left in the end.

8/10
UkkoclapOct 5, 2014 8:07 PM
Oct 7, 2014 5:50 AM

Jun 2013
this series reminded me of a banned book that i would have read in high school. timeless quality 9/10

Oct 11, 2014 8:38 PM

May 2013
I was gonna rate this show 8/10 but i decided to make changes, -1 for yaoi +1 for yuri and +1 for SakixSatoru ending so overall 9/10. I loved the ending, everything was nice. The part at the very end where Saki's parents, mamoru, maria and shun showed up made me tear up :'(
This was a great show.
Oct 13, 2014 7:49 PM
Jul 2014
I just finished the show, and I really enjoyed it. I might be the only one who feels this way, but does anyone else feel a little angry towards the humans about their judgement of Squealer? Sure, he tried to wipe out the human race, but he only did that because of the unjust treatment that they recieved
Oct 13, 2014 8:40 PM

May 2012
ToodleNoodles said:
this series reminded me of a banned book that i would have read in high school. timeless quality 9/10

Title pls
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Oct 18, 2014 10:19 AM

Oct 2013
Ale1212 said:
Wow, so many people rated this show with a 10. Sorry but I can't give it more than a 7/10.
Shinsekai yori had a lot of potencial but some episodes were poorly written (I'm not talking about the yaoi/yuri episode).
It's in the top 100 so maybe I was expecting too much.

I agree. 7/10 for me as well. Awesome premise with so much potential and the story as a whole was pretty great. However the execution was mostly disappointing. The quality of the directing was very inconsistent episode to episode and the animation is occasionally low quality. I thought that episodes 5-10 plus several others after were very poorly done; filled with jarring scene transitions, way too many close-ups, and generally confusing cinematography especially during action sequences. I had to pause and rewind more than a few times to just understand what was going on. On the other hand, there were a few episodes I found to be excellent, chief among them being the final episode, which left me with a positive overall view of the show due to emphasis on the thematic elements present from the beginning.

In the end, I'm just bummed about it because it had the potential to be incredible but simply lacks the polish and consistency of some of the best anime.
Oct 18, 2014 8:06 PM

Jul 2012
Tommk said:
ToodleNoodles said:

Title pls

me too pls
Oct 28, 2014 12:29 AM

Sep 2014
the death of maria and mamoru's child made me so sad, if it was me i wouldve tried to find a way to somehow save her (and probably screw everything up :S). anyway other than that i'm pretty sure everything i have to say has been said so i'll just agree and say i loved it. and i liked the art a lot too.
Nov 3, 2014 11:07 AM
Nov 2014
tlb50 said:
I just finished the show, and I really enjoyed it. I might be the only one who feels this way, but does anyone else feel a little angry towards the humans about their judgement of Squealer? Sure, he tried to wipe out the human race, but he only did that because of the unjust treatment that they recieved

You're definitely not the only one. I just finished the series like 15 minutes ago. Have a lingering feeling of bitterness over the end. The whole "watashitachi wa ningen da (we are humans!)" followed by the judge's/audiences pompous laughter and incredibly harsh punishment left me feeling quite dissatisfied as justice was most certainly not served in the end.

Whoever referred to this as a happy ending should be ashamed of themselves. I feel like the attitude of a lot of the people on this forum reads something like this "It's unfortunate that the lower class of mutated humans continue to be subjugated, abused, and treated as beasts, but at least Saki and Satoru are happy together! Aren't they kawaiii?!"

Seriously sad. And then they give the screenshot of the list of colonies that weren't ordered to be completed obliterated as if causing only a partial genocide of the race was some kind of saintly deed.

Lovely anime. But the end left a super bad taste in my mouth.

If they make a sequel where the Bakenezumi rise up and rid the planet of the overly-entitled, self-important, cantus-weilding, arrogant society of humans I'll gladly tune in to watch.

Thank you for listening to my rant. That is all.

Edit***
Just found this blog where the author says everything that I feel much more eloquently than I am capable of expressing it. If anyways has a moment, here is a blog post dedicated to the most fascinating and multifaceted character in Shinsekai Yori..
http://satchiikoma.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/the-best-character-in-shinsekai-yori/
dfrostwandererNov 3, 2014 11:30 AM
Nov 6, 2014 10:08 PM

Aug 2013
Cant believe I dropped this on episode 1 when it first aired, just finished watching it 10/10 probably my favorite anime all time now cant wait for the novels to be fully translated.
Nov 7, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2014
What a beautiful show. Although I am left a bit disappointing. I don't necessarily fault the anime for that, maybe it was just the way the story unfolded. I view the story as more of a tragedy, I mean one by one people are pulled out of group 1 and are killed. The method by which they die seems to be worse and worse each time. This was all needed to show the realistic side of the story and to show how the human race had to go through such a struggle in order to improve. They are by no means perfect even after this war, but with the discovery of the queerats as being human, they can move in the proper direction.

I think what got me most was Maria and Mamoru. I really wish the show could have had more Maria, she was a wonderful character. I think that may be the main reason I can't leave this show with a smile on my face. Its not that I'm not satisfied with the ending, it just hurts to see one of my favorite characters die so tragically. Although Squeeler used them, and their child, as mere tools. They were the reason the queerats were able to show their struggle for equality and hopefully succeed in doing so eventually. So in a way Maria and Mamoru were the saviors of humanity as a whole. Or well, that's how I have come to accept it in order to be more satisfied with the ending.

Overall I think the show was brilliant, objectively I'd give it very close to a 10/10.
Nov 7, 2014 4:45 PM

Mar 2013
... That was an extremely powerful and meaningful ending. I'm impressed. It makes so much sense, considering what we've seen before this.

I'm not gonna lie - during the first half of this series, I only saw it as "pretty good". Some episodes were very interesting, others were nothing special. Sort of a mixed bag I guess. Either way, it obviously served as an introduction to everything.

But then I got into the second half. With that second half of the series, everything before it had much more meaning, at least in my eyes. It completed the experience and made the whole thing very memorable as a result. I started caring more for the overall story (which became more clear), the characters, their circumstances, and the setting itself. The second half tied it all together and made it big.

I don't know what else to say honestly. Well... Squealer ended up being one of the best and most important characters of this story, that's for sure. Damn, I reeeeally liked this last episode.

As for a rating. I was first thinking about giving it an 8/10. If I heavily take into account how I felt while watching the first half of the series, then it lands on an 8 overall. BUT! Considering just what the second half did for the entire story, and how I feel about that and also this ending... it absolutely must be a 9/10.
Nov 16, 2014 7:43 AM
Sep 2014
[quote=dfrostwanderer]
tlb50 said:

Whoever referred to this as a happy ending should be ashamed of themselves. I feel like the attitude of a lot of the people on this forum reads something like this "It's unfortunate that the lower class of mutated humans continue to be subjugated, abused, and treated as beasts, but at least Saki and Satoru are happy together! Aren't they kawaiii?!"

Seriously sad. And then they give the screenshot of the list of colonies that weren't ordered to be completed obliterated as if causing only a partial genocide of the race was some kind of saintly deed.

It's a happyish ending, since Saki's compassion for the oppressed people no doubt had an impact on the society she led for the rest of her (probably very very long) life.
Dec 8, 2014 2:07 AM

Feb 2014
I thought this anime would suck because of the first two episodes. I held myself from dropping it and I was glad that I didn't drop it.

10/10
LOL
Dec 8, 2014 10:44 PM

Oct 2014
Wow, this is just beautiful and has a lot of meaning. Can't really blame human nature for what's happened, especially to Squealer.
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Dec 13, 2014 9:51 AM

Sep 2011
Couldn't get into it at all. Poor direction, flat characters, generic/questionable art. There's potentially a good story here but the execution just didn't work for me.
Dec 13, 2014 10:13 PM
Dec 2011
How come Maria's child could kill all the Giant Hornet soldiers while they are at war? She was thinking she is a Queerat that time too, that means shouldn't she die from death feedback in that time? Like she died in the end?
Dec 13, 2014 10:17 PM

Sep 2014
Painful said:
How come Maria's child could kill all the Giant Hornet soldiers while they are at war? She was thinking she is a Queerat that time too, that means shouldn't she die from death feedback in that time? Like she died in the end?

I think she just took away their weapons. And then Squealer's army did the killing. That's why the dead bodies didn't have any weapons on them.
Dec 13, 2014 10:32 PM
Dec 2011
9998765 said:
Painful said:

I think she just took away their weapons. And then Squealer's army did the killing. That's why the dead bodies didn't have any weapons on them.

Yeah you are right. Just rewatched ep 18. thnx.
Pages (27) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.