Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 29, 2022 1:53 PM

Jan 2008
I watched this show back when it came out and it always had an inspiring quality inside my memory.

Having rewatched it recently I can see why. This show really shows us the theme of understanding. Whether it is understanding the future (Dhianella finding the path), understanding your own place in the grand universe (Like how some of the sliver tribe had to find themselves after the gold tribe moved on), and even trying to understand those that wish you harm. Dhianella really was a stand out character in this respect, showing us someone who always tries to understand and reason her way out of very tough and monumental situations. She really was the perfect guide for humanity alongside Age, who in turn had perfect confidence in Dhianella. Whether that was because he knew the future thanks to the golden tribe, or because he could see something inside her, well, that's up for you to decide. I like to think it's a little bit of both.

Also the main theme (Titled Heroic Age) never fails to inspire me.

I hope to rewatch it again in another 10 plus years or sooner. Hopefully we're all still around then lol
Dec 6, 2022 10:30 PM

Jul 2007
I did like the themes presented in the show and sometimes the action was good but overall I was pretty disappointed.

I felt like the characters were all fairly hollow (the number of times the Princess says "Age"! Very little interaction between the two. The MC barely progressed past episode 1), the action was very repetitive, and the plot - while interesting, was rather slow paced.

And I think that's my main gripe with this show, if it had been done in a 13 episode series, I don't think these issues would have been as impactful. But the extra padding brought more attention to those issues.

--

It's surprising to read through the comments, in all my years watching anime, I don't think I've had such a drastic difference in opinion compared to the masses. I don't give this score lightly but for me, I rate this show a 6/10.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 9 Discussion

zanmato666 - May 31, 2007

7 by gautrstafr »»
Nov 10, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 2 Discussion

Ritsuka - Apr 15, 2007

24 by gautrstafr »»
Nov 8, 2023 1:48 PM

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 18 Discussion

VK11 - Aug 8, 2007

20 by CaptainKenshiro »»
May 8, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 1 Discussion

zanmato666 - Apr 4, 2007

23 by Abcccc988 »»
Jun 11, 2021 11:19 PM

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 25 Discussion

Faust721 - Sep 26, 2007

20 by FireRifle64 »»
May 20, 2021 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.