Forum Settings
Forums

Project Attack Revealed To Be TV Anime of 'Shingeki no Kyojin'

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 6, 2012 12:56 AM

Apr 2011
They better don't mess up with my awesome manga there.
Dec 6, 2012 1:12 AM

May 2012
Amarrez said:
I still don't understand why everything is on fire.

Yeah, now I find that weird. Cause in the manga.....................

Well maybe its special effects.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 6, 2012 1:14 AM

May 2012
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:
I won't be watching this, but I'm glad that KajiKaji gets to practice more of manlier role. I know he will try his best. Dubbing is hard (I wanted to say something regarding to those negative comments about KajiKaji voicing him, but I will stop with it).

I don't think 'manly' is the right way to describe Eren.

What is the right way ?
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 6, 2012 1:14 AM
Mar 2009
Sounds rather interesting.

I hope he tries not to sound as high as he did with Shu...
Dec 6, 2012 1:16 AM

May 2012
ChronosXIII said:
Sounds rather interesting.

I hope he tries not to sound as high as he did with Shu...

exactly
Dec 6, 2012 1:41 AM

Mar 2011
PlotExMachina said:
Seeing the anime made by GC's team and the cast led by Yuuki Kaji blew my hype.
But still, this key visual looks awesome:

yeah, that looks pretty badass and awesome
Dec 6, 2012 2:21 AM

Dec 2010
Yessss. I knew this was going to be adapted to anime sooner or later! But honesty, I hope they don't mess up too much whith censorship... for the most violent scenes, I mean.
Dec 6, 2012 2:23 AM

Mar 2012
Damm the pic looks awesome... but why is everything burning? maybe they just did it to give an hellish atmosphere.
Dec 6, 2012 3:42 AM

Nov 2008
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:
I won't be watching this, but I'm glad that KajiKaji gets to practice more of manlier role. I know he will try his best. Dubbing is hard (I wanted to say something regarding to those negative comments about KajiKaji voicing him, but I will stop with it).

Not manly, but certainly more rough and hot-blooded than I've ever heard Kaji sound. What really bugs me, though, is that he does have these naive or whiny moments that the VA excels at. And if they're planning to bring out more of that, I worry about their interpretation of the story. Eren might be a boyscout compared to Mikasa, but Kaji could make him far more annoying than he's supposed to be. I don't even dislike him, but I just can't imagine this working out.
I'm just gonna play it safe here and drop my expectations to the bottom.
Dec 6, 2012 3:49 AM

Feb 2012
Holy shit, not once did I think that the manga would get an anime adaptation, the manga is just too awesome to fuck it up, the studio better be prepared to go all out and deliver.
Dec 6, 2012 3:53 AM

May 2012
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:

Not manly, but certainly more rough and hot-blooded than I've ever heard Kaji sound. What really bugs me, though, is that he does have these naive or whiny moments that the VA excels at. And if they're planning to bring out more of that, I worry about their interpretation of the story. Eren might be a boyscout compared to Mikasa, but Kaji could make him far more annoying than he's supposed to be. I don't even dislike him, but I just can't imagine this working out.

Zhou said:
Holy shit, not once did I think that the manga would get an anime adaptation, the manga is just too awesome to fuck it up, the studio better be prepared to go all out and deliver.
Dec 6, 2012 5:19 AM

Jul 2011
Ok, let's see. Some high-praised manga will be adapted by Tetsuro Araki. Ok, now I'm hyping this.

As I said in an earlier post (too bad the thread disappeared :/ ), this director really knows about action sequences and intense pacing. Death Note was brillant with that amazing script and dramatic execution; HOTD was zombies and tits but highly entertaining with good pacing and amazing fight sequences; Guilty Crown... Well, GC script was way too stupid, to the point that even good action sequences like that one from the final of episode 04 annoyed me.

The key here is good script, and since manga fans really enjoy the original, I'm really interested in this.
I'm just afraid about the gory content; if it's intense, I'm sure the censorship will be heavy.

And yeah, I'm a bit tired of Kaji Yuki. Don't like how his voice seems to be exactly the same for every character he interprets. (Even Kana Hanazawa interpretations are more diversified)

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Dec 6, 2012 5:30 AM

Feb 2012
Like Nyuuu said i was originally hype for this but now im expected this to be complete garbage. Not that it will be since the manga is masterpiece but if it's at least decent then ill be pleasantly surprised.
Dec 6, 2012 5:33 AM

Nov 2011
I want to see Mikasa doing Mikasa things, please dont screw that up.
The Art of Eight
Dec 6, 2012 6:02 AM

May 2012
dankickyou said:
I want to see Mikasa doing Mikasa things, please dont screw that up.

Well i hope they wont screw the past arc too.
Dec 6, 2012 6:12 AM

Nov 2007
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
Amarrez said:
tsubasalover said:

Oh, sorry about that. More "rough and hot-blooded" then.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 6, 2012 6:12 AM

Jun 2008
dtshyk said:

Cast
Ellen: Kaji Yuki

Oh man, not him again... Im tired of his voice okay

Anyway, good news, just the type of anime I like~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 6, 2012 6:58 AM

Oct 2012
ORA YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KITA! KITA! KITA! KITA! KITA! I hope this turns out well..!! I won't forgive them if this one turns to shit

"Duty... There is nothing more precious than that feeling, which makes us think of our friends before ourselves."
Dec 6, 2012 6:59 AM

Oct 2012
ORA YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KITA! KITA! KITA! KITA! KITA! I hope this turns out well..!! I won't forgive them if this one turns to shit

"Duty... There is nothing more precious than that feeling, which makes us think of our friends before ourselves."
Dec 6, 2012 7:38 AM

Apr 2010
Kaji Yuki voices the lead?

Will watch.
Dec 6, 2012 8:01 AM

May 2012
Sounds promising and will most certainly watch; though the thought of the lead VA kinda makes me cringe.
Dec 6, 2012 8:20 AM

Mar 2008
VioLink said:
Miyuki Sawashiro would have been perfect for Misaka.

Yeah. Maybe Annie now.

Dec 6, 2012 9:07 AM

Jul 2010
Wasn't this supposed to be an original anime?

I dropped the manga a few months ago. The story and setting were interesting, but there was not a single character I liked.
Dec 6, 2012 9:08 AM

Mar 2011
Guess I'll wait for the anime then. But I'm tempted to get ahead so maybe I'll sneek a peek at the manga.

Also
HauntingShock said:
Kaji Yuki? All new studio? Will watch.
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Dec 6, 2012 10:06 AM

Apr 2009
Reinou said:

I dropped the manga a few months ago. The story and setting were interesting, but there was not a single character I liked.

How could you not like Sasha/Potato Girl?
Dec 6, 2012 10:13 AM

Nov 2010
Tommk said:
Amarrez said:
I still don't understand why everything is on fire.

Yeah, now I find that weird. Cause in the manga.....................

Well maybe its special effects.
The manga didn't have that good of art, so it's not surprising for it to be different.

And I personally think at least the muscles of the giant should be more realistic. That's one of the cool things about them, they also have to get the running and the giant's noises right.
Dec 6, 2012 10:47 AM

Jan 2008
Huh, I've started reading the manga recently. I wonder how they'll proceed with the adaptation. It's quite gory with plenty unsettling scenes. I'm worried.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Dec 6, 2012 1:11 PM

Sep 2012
MIKASA!

It was damn time. I sure hope they won't fuck up this adapation.
Dec 6, 2012 1:16 PM

Feb 2010
Amarrez said:
Reinou said:

+1 and also Mikasa
Dec 6, 2012 1:38 PM

May 2011
Mikasa animated <3
Dec 6, 2012 3:32 PM
Aug 2011
Another scan, from official site http://www.shingeki.tv/

PlotExMachinaDec 6, 2012 3:39 PM
Dec 6, 2012 4:50 PM
Jun 2012
PlotExMachina said:
Another scan, from official site http://www.shingeki.tv/

BEAUTIFUL, just hope they dont mess this one up, i wonder how the censure will be handed or if it will be any, i am keeping my hopes up with this one though
Dec 6, 2012 5:13 PM

May 2012
kimukun23 said:
Amarrez said:
Reinou said:

+1 and also Mikasa

Mikasa unrequited love also will be animated for sure

Dec 6, 2012 7:03 PM

Jun 2010
Well, it was quite predictable, considering how successful it has become.

Facepalm.

Oh god, again that Yuki Kaji? The anime is totally ruined.

Anyway, it's too early for an adaption. It will have the same fate as Claymore, Zetman, etc.
MillaMaxwellDec 6, 2012 7:22 PM
Dec 6, 2012 9:47 PM

Jan 2011
Oh my god, my inner shounen feels... <3 Fuck yeah, cannot wait for this! Kaji Yuki seems to be in every single Anime these days. Hopefully he won't be annoying as hell in this. Hopefully this TV Anime adaptation won't suck.
Dec 6, 2012 10:50 PM

Jul 2011
Tommk said:
@ImagineThat

Compared to Shoe , yes he is.

Agreed but compared to Shu who isnt? :P

I understand people like Eren and dislike Kaji Yuki but imo, there's not much of a character ruin. Eren is pretty much your token main protagonist with no real distinguishable characteristics to make him stand out. To make a checklist of the traits your typical shonen action hero has, Eren would pretty much fill out the entire bracket.

To name a few.
Dec 7, 2012 4:05 AM

Jul 2010
I always thought that Sawashiro Miyuki was suited for Armin, but I guess Marina Inoue is fine too
I don't have anything against Kaji Yuki, actually it's good that he voices more varied characters than Shoe/Haruyuki, but I didn't imagined him at all for Ellen. I always read him with Okamoto's voice (and it seems that he is in the cast too, damn it)
MeteoreDec 7, 2012 7:39 AM
Dec 7, 2012 5:43 AM

Jul 2007
OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD.

I must be dreaming. Could the mediocrity of the last season's anime line-up have ended?

One of my all time favorite manga getting adapted into anime? FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEES

I just hope they do not go for anime-original-ending and instead go with the "Season-by-season" approach SAO seems to be taking.

I could not bear another of my favorites getting getting a half-assed adaptation with anime-original ending (*cough*Claymore*cough*Gantz*cough*Fate/StayNight*cough*)
Dec 7, 2012 2:00 PM

Nov 2011
I saw this on the spring lineup list, decided to give it a read and damn it's good.
Can't wait to see this when it comes out!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Dec 7, 2012 3:38 PM

Apr 2012
Fai said:
OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD.

I must be dreaming. Could the mediocrity of the last season's anime line-up have ended?

One of my all time favorite manga getting adapted into anime? FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEES

I just hope they do not go for anime-original-ending and instead go with the "Season-by-season" approach SAO seems to be taking.

I could not bear another of my favorites getting getting a half-assed adaptation with anime-original ending (*cough*Claymore*cough*Gantz*cough*Fate/StayNight*cough*)

I was hyped as fuck when I first heard it as well. Then I saw Yuki Kaji...don't get your hopes up...
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 7, 2012 5:00 PM

Apr 2009
http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv117102040

The PV airs a little under 10 hours from now here.
Dec 8, 2012 2:36 AM

May 2012
ImagineThat said:
Tommk said:
@ImagineThat

Compared to Shoe , yes he is.

Agreed but compared to Shu who isnt? :P

I understand people like Eren and dislike Kaji Yuki but imo, there's not much of a character ruin. Eren is pretty much your token main protagonist with no real distinguishable characteristics to make him stand out. To make a checklist of the traits your typical shonen action hero has, Eren would pretty much fill out the entire bracket.

To name a few.

Agreed, but do you really think that kaji is able to do the job for a Shounen character ? As far as I know, Shu ain't a shounen character.
Dec 8, 2012 3:39 AM
Sep 2012

HYPE
Dec 8, 2012 3:39 AM

Apr 2009
OH FUCK YEAH
Dec 8, 2012 3:40 AM

Apr 2012
Fuck Yuki Kaji and his shitty voice.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 8, 2012 3:41 AM
Sep 2012
Amarrez said:
OH FUCK YEAH

What's with the small letters?
OH F*CK YEAH
Dec 8, 2012 3:44 AM

Nov 2011
FUCK YES!
Looking good!

I was wondering how they were going to animate the scenes where they used the 3D gear and I must say it BLEW MY MIND! That's exactly what I was hoping for, in depth, close and personal. Cannot wait!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Dec 8, 2012 3:48 AM

Mar 2012
This is bad, very bad... i didn't want to, i was holding my self. Now im hyped. Damm IT.
Dec 8, 2012 3:52 AM

Apr 2012
Why couldn't they have chosen someone a little manlier like Ono Daisuke for Eren?
BloodRequiemDec 8, 2012 3:58 AM
Dec 8, 2012 4:43 AM
Aug 2011
More cast
Jean: Kishow Taniyama
Annie: Yu Shimamura
Sasha: Yu Kobayashi
Christa: Shiori Mikami
Connie: Hiro Shimono
Marco: Ryota Ohsaka

No Rivaille yet.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

1 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

18 by Jopping »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Ikoku Nikki' Receives TV Anime

DatRandomDude - May 3

18 by Kazou-nozumu688 »»
Yesterday, 7:17 AM

» 'Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs

Nioxys - Yesterday

0 by Nioxys »»
Yesterday, 6:07 AM

» 'Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu' 2nd Season Announced

Vindstot - Dec 23, 2023

19 by JugNut001 »»
Yesterday, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.