Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 9, 2012 12:04 PM

Sep 2012
Hikarusuke said:
Himiko is so got damn ungrateful. They saved her ass and she still bitches and complains.
I think she is OK until her men-fear takes hold. And she knows it. That's why when Sakamoto confronts her, she decides to leave his group.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 9, 2012 12:57 PM

Dec 2011
As a non manga reader... it doesn't feel that rushed to me.

Also, a confrontation with the lawyer and the knife guy. Sakamoto will discover that Himiko is her virtual wife in BTOOOM from what we can see in the next episode. Oooh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2012 1:09 PM

Aug 2010
New enemy seems like a Rambo type.
Nov 9, 2012 1:29 PM

May 2012
omg that preview iwojtoi4utoi34terg
Nov 9, 2012 1:54 PM
Mar 2008
Hikarusuke said:
Himiko is so got damn ungrateful. They saved her ass and she still bitches and complains.

What, isn't that a normal reaction? In her city she almost got raped and left her friends behind because she couldn't help them. On the island she almost got raped hard time. Sakamoto and Taira saved her, but because her memories, it's natural that she don't want to trust Sakamoto and Taira even though both saved her. In her mind she thinks that both saved her to rape her. Point is: How she reacts is normal in the situation she's in and what she saw until now
Nov 9, 2012 3:45 PM

Apr 2012
This anime becomes a pain in the ass with each new episode because of Sakamoto.
In every single episode (until now) there is at least one scene that makes me wanna go on a rampage and punch Sakamoto really hard in the face.
In one moment he's a little whiney kid that does not want to adapt to his environment, the next he is the emotionless but calculating pro gamer ruling everyone and in another one he gets an impulse of insanity.
Gosh, this inexplicable inconsistency in his character annoys the hell out of me..
Worst main character this season (of anime that I am watching)..
Now waiting for a fanboy someone bashing me for my opinion or setting my opinion right. :)
Nov 9, 2012 4:23 PM

Jul 2010
Somehow I still think Taira is just acting as an old, useless man. Sakamoto is doing all the fighting, but meanwhile Taira is gathering all the stones. That's why he isn't leaving him either. But maybe I'm just paranoid.

Himiko isn't very thankful to them for saving her either is she? Next episode that long haired dude is back too. This isn't going to be good....

Nov 9, 2012 5:08 PM

Feb 2012
Why won't Himiko even ask since the old man kept calling him Sakamoto -_-

Anyway, not-bad ep.
Nov 9, 2012 5:27 PM

Jan 2008
HauntingShock said:

Anyway, not-bad ep.

Maybe he doesn't use his real name as his gamer tag,unlike a certain another person we all know from another show. That or they never shared personal info.

Anyways, Sakamoto guna be dah hero n get dah lady.

Gonna assume those gas bombs don't explode until released or something. I'm sure he's 1337 at btooom but when it comes to physical strength, he should be pretty week considering all he does is game. Just curious as he climbed that ladder pretty fast...
Nov 9, 2012 5:29 PM

Jan 2011
i think i remember spoiling myself with MR rambo guy if this is the part i think it is,

eh i understand why shes like that but doesn't change the fact of how ungrateful she is lol.
Nov 9, 2012 5:39 PM

Feb 2012
Paul said:
HauntingShock said:

Anyway, not-bad ep.

Maybe he doesn't use his real name as his gamer tag,unlike a certain another person we all know from another show. That or they never shared personal info.

Gonna assume those gas bombs don't explode until released or something. I'm sure he's 1337 at btooom but when it comes to physical strength, he should be pretty week considering all he does is game. Just curious as he climbed that ladder pretty fast...

But it's well-known in the game that "Sakamoto" is the sole japanese player to get in the top 10 worldwide players o_o AFAIK he really used Sakamoto...
Nov 9, 2012 5:45 PM

Oct 2012
HauntingShock said:
Paul said:
HauntingShock said:

Anyway, not-bad ep.

But it's well-known in the game that "Sakamoto" is the sole japanese player to get in the top 10 worldwide players o_o AFAIK he really used Sakamoto...

Actually if you wan't to know what happens in the manga about that read the spoiler bellow, don't read it if you don't want spoilers!
Nov 9, 2012 6:02 PM

Sep 2012
Nice episode.
I guess it's a good thing those komodo dragons are gone for now.
I wonder what the kidnapper is planning.
Nov 9, 2012 6:40 PM

Apr 2011
She reminded me of Guts when she said "please don't touch me!" and the way she acts in general (though guts is crazy and would've abandoned these guys immediately and got enough stones on the first day)
Nov 9, 2012 6:53 PM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed it yup yup. 4/5

So I was watching this episode with my friends and at one point, when Sakamoto's tears fell on Himiko's face, we all thought she was suddenly going to wake up due to the power of love. Glad to see Btooom proving us wrong! :D Phew, I thought it was going to be like SAO
Nov 9, 2012 7:05 PM
Aug 2012
Good stuff.
Nov 9, 2012 8:35 PM

May 2012
So glad that Taira-san did not die... and it's funny to see how Sakamoto and Taira doubt each other.. haha.. you will really feel doubt if the worst case scenario happens.
Nov 10, 2012 1:33 AM

Apr 2011
I can't wait for the next episode!!!!

Nov 10, 2012 3:01 AM

Dec 2011
Finally that guy appeared. Next week's episode will be an interesting one.
Nov 10, 2012 4:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Taira is not going to survive very long after being bit by a Komodo Dragon. Their saliva is so full of bacteria that it's toxic.

Why hasn't Hibiki worked out that he's THE Sakamoto? It's been twice that Taira has said his name out loud.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 10, 2012 5:17 AM

Jun 2011
clusterfuck of cringe moments. The episodes of BTOOOM really are inconsistent :S. The next episode seems really promising though, since it seems thats when they find out who each other is.

2/5
Nov 10, 2012 6:41 AM
Apr 2011
The Episode plot between taira & Sakamoto having abit of distrust early was really intriguing until they proved each other wrong, that they can depend on each other so far until himiko woke up it set me off since she started acting all whiny&b1tchy at once, bt i cracked up when she asked sakamoto if he did anything pervy to her and he stuttered. then came the Rocky balboa guy in the end it gave me the thrills, and still sakamoto have those weird reflexes which are sort of funny to avoid getting hit by stun guns, knives , etc :D, anyway this anime is really worth watching and having a blast while doin so even tho i think its being rushed.
Nov 10, 2012 6:57 AM

Sep 2012
Good episode, Taira is an interesting character, probably my favorite character of this show. On the other hand, Himiko was a bit annoying. I don't think she even said thanks.
Nov 10, 2012 8:40 AM

Jan 2008
A really nice episode . It really gives you the feel that youre in the island aswell (the music and timings are well done).

But I still dont really get how Sakamoto has some nice damn reflexes even if he's just sitting everyday playing games .

And they should had disinfected that wound already the first thing they got in that safe house . lol
Nov 10, 2012 9:15 AM

Oct 2009
yup next episode seems to be great ^^

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Nov 10, 2012 10:31 AM
Mar 2008
archer_shirou01 said:
A really nice episode . It really gives you the feel that youre in the island aswell (the music and timings are well done).

But I still dont really get how Sakamoto has some nice damn reflexes even if he's just sitting everyday playing games .

And they should had disinfected that wound already the first thing they got in that safe house . lol

Its almost like this: A fat guy (look at that dude that wanted to rape Himiko back then) does not have the ability to be agile. Sakamoto is thin, so he can be agile. Since Btooom is (in their world) a real game (i would play it), he imagines that he is playing Btooom himself. So its like.......he plays it himself but he is still using a Controller in his mind. So Sakamoto can do things like in the game since all the others do the same (at least those who played the game).
Don't know if that was clear enough, i don't know how to explain it.
Nov 10, 2012 11:48 AM

Jun 2010
WHY WOULD YOU REVEAL THE NEXT EPISODE'S TWIST IN THE PREVIEW WHO DOES THAT.

Well, I used to read the manga (why did I stop exactly, I dunno?) so I already know, but it just seems stupid. Oh well, I guess everybody and their mother guessed it ages ago anyway...

A good episode, I don't agree it was rushed. That's the tempo all anime should have - stuff happening. Not just one event per episode, that's good for a manga chapter. Anime is ~25 minutes, adapt something! And so they did.
Nov 10, 2012 12:58 PM

Jan 2012
katsu044 said:
eh i understand why shes like that but doesn't change the fact of how ungrateful she is lol.

Exactly: it's perfectly understandable why she's suspicious towards everyone, yet the writing puts way too much, constant emphasis on her "edgy" past, to the point she basically has nothing else as a character, and makes her far less reasonable (and complex) than she should be. Now if this would be a parody it wouldn't be a problem at all, given how she's aware in a sense that she is pretty much the fanservice character of the franchise, but the only thing the show does to her at this point is making her an ungrateful asshole with drama queen tendencies.
Nov 10, 2012 1:29 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode, so far this has been good. But next episode will be what I was waiting for!
Not a lot to say for this episode, only that that knife guy needs to die asap.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 11, 2012 12:30 AM

Jun 2012
What a great episode, I am liking this series more and more.
I never knew komodo dragons were such aggressive animals, unless that me very unrealistic. Still, it was pretty exciting how Sakamoto found that Taira was saving him this time. And that's how they found the tower (surprised that nobody already occupying it); and what's with the old blood and that there may have possibly been something similar before?
It's very interesting how things are unfolding. Himiko wasn't trusted because she doesn't trust them, and vice versa; and it's for good reasons- Himiko (who's new to the group) could betray, and they could do what she fears most. So it's interesting, although you can tell near the end that they were clearing things up (before being interrupted).
As for the ending, I was actually disappointed that it was that guy who showed up. I thought it would blow my mind and show Sakamoto's shocked face. Even so, he's very dangerous as seen in the preview. So, next episode looks really intense. Also, the title "Virtual Bride" and him saying, "She's... She's my..." before ending.
5/5.

Nov 11, 2012 12:42 AM

Dec 2011
love btooom :D

since you guys are saying that its a bit rushed you make me want to read the manga :P
Nov 11, 2012 4:16 AM

Jun 2011
koolvid said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
They get away from the lizards but Taira-san got bit in the process. I think in real life if someone got bit by a komodo dragon the saliva would've acted a lot faster than it did here, their mouths are just covered in bacteria from a class I remembered

I've been seeing a lot of comments of people complaining how slow it's going since the length is only 13 episodes but I personally don't mind it. Just gives me all the more reason for a season 2 : )

It wouldn't have acted a lot faster but you can't disinfect a komodo dragon bite with just water. He should die in a few days if doesn't get medical help/antibiotics
I think they used alcohol which they found from the supply case though. And it's only first-aid anyway, I doubt alcohol is gonna be enough
Nov 11, 2012 9:06 AM
May 2012
This series really took me by surprise... i thought it will be something pretty bad but it was interesting since episode 1... when this episode was over i said no way 20 min went by so fast... so yeah its a nice series... cant help by asking each time, kira is that you? :P
Nov 11, 2012 6:36 PM

Feb 2012
I don't remember if it was said in the manga but how does Sakamoto know that Taira collected the chips from the corpses?
Nov 11, 2012 6:42 PM

Feb 2012
Zhou said:
I don't remember if it was said in the manga but how does Sakamoto know that Taira collected the chips from the corpses?

He still doesn't know it right? in the anime.
Nov 11, 2012 7:45 PM

Sep 2008
I hate that the episodes come out only once a week. This whole anime is made to be marathoned.

Another awesome episode and the next one looks intense. Really looking forward to it.
Nov 11, 2012 7:58 PM
May 2012
Wow, everything has gone bad to worse for them next episode!!
Nov 11, 2012 8:31 PM

Apr 2009
WTF! Tyrannos is being cheap by monitoring the game with only 3 monitors? I was expecting some big-ass command and control center with lots of big displays on the wall and maybe a lot more staff than a single sleep-deprived technician.

This girl needs some serious sex time to get over her psychological trauma. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 12, 2012 8:50 AM

Dec 2009
AiCon said:
From what I heard, they're going for an anime original ending .
Damn, I was hoping teyd stop somewhere and then continue with a second season... so unfair ...
Nov 12, 2012 11:24 AM
Jul 2011
HauntingShock said:
Zhou said:

Didn't he say Himiko would have the 8 chips needed to leave the island if she killed him and Taira.. how does that figure with her only carrying 3 types of BIMs unless he knows Taira has been collecting them?

PS Himiko did my head in for the entire episode, I really hope she gets over her "if I touch a man I'll get raped" issues..
Nov 12, 2012 1:08 PM

Nov 2011
katzer said:
People who are complaining about Himiko should realize that she's only a 15 years old girl who saw her friends get raped and one day she is kidnapped and wakes up in the middle of a death game in a island in the middle of nowhere, and in the first day a fat guy tries to rape her. So how will she be okay with that and trust men?

Agreed.

The one thing I don't like about this show is that a character who has experienced sexual abuse/harassment is still being outright objectified. It seems hypocritical to me and it undermines anything positive the show might be saying about people dealing with these kinds of issues.

It's no wonder her character has garnered this reaction from people.
Nov 12, 2012 2:17 PM

Feb 2012
Shiftah said:
HauntingShock said:
Zhou said:

Didn't he say Himiko would have the 8 chips needed to leave the island if she killed him and Taira.. how does that figure with her only carrying 3 types of BIMs unless he knows Taira has been collecting them?

Exactly.
Nov 12, 2012 2:28 PM

Feb 2012
Zhou said:
Shiftah said:
HauntingShock said:
Zhou said:

Exactly.

Taira-san got 3 chips, right? Including his and Sakamoto's, that should be 5 chips.
Himiko only got 1 chip, right?

Please correct me if I'm missing something...
Nov 12, 2012 5:45 PM
Jul 2008
Even if a season two came up, it would be at least 2 years later. There's simply not enough source material and the manga is slow.

The synopsis seemed interesting so I went to read the manga, it started out pretty nice but somehow lost some steam somewhere, maybe too slow for action based series. The romance part built up nicely though. Read what was out but don't think I'm following it anymore.

I'm looking forward to an anime original end.
Nov 12, 2012 8:17 PM

Feb 2012
Girl: Oh the lizards stopped chasing us? I guess I can stop pretending to be unconscious now and climb up the ladder myself.
Nov 14, 2012 3:33 AM

May 2010
I could not take my eyes off from the screen.A great episode indeed.
Nov 14, 2012 11:08 AM

Jun 2012
Um. This episode was alright. Taking it slow, I see.
The anime overall is also alright. I sense a little bullshit and with all of the ecchiness and retarded, drastic ways that the blonde whines about not trusting men is a bit annoying. I don't even like her character.
Nov 15, 2012 4:12 PM

Jul 2012
Well, the komodo dragons was a bit stupid, and i always tought that one would die if got bitten by a komodo dragon due to the enourmous amount of toxines it have in his mouth... an average episode.

Ps: Am I the only one around here that don't like the old fat guy?
Nov 16, 2012 2:15 AM

Jun 2009
^ Yeah, he's a pretty likable, relatable dude. But not liking things makes you cooler on the Internet, I guess.

As much as I dislike her character, the blonde character is an accurate representation of how some women treat being groped in present society. They gain a lot of social support and power from doing so, too, especially in the court system.

Rape is horrible but the way people are treating it is like they find it to be a worse crime than genocide or murder, obviously worse crimes.

If I get missed by a drunk driver, I'll consider it a close scrape with a bad outcome and move on with my life probably by the next day. Just getting your goddamn boobs rubbed is a simple scrape, not the actual thing. Curse the person who did it, sure, but get the fuck over it.
Nov 24, 2012 11:09 AM

Aug 2007
Nice episode this. The lizards were unepxected enemies and how they killed them was a good strategy. Now to watch next episode.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 8:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.