Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2012 8:59 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not as good as the previous episode but still pretty good. It was sad that Brian had to leave so soon. I'm surprised that Akane didn't actually say that she liked him. Of course, I don't think that would fit into Precure very well and having her say "Thank you" was a nice enough ending.
Oct 21, 2012 10:37 PM

Mar 2012
I don't think anything will be topping the Robotaa episode anytime soon. Still a good episode though.
Oct 22, 2012 12:40 AM

Jul 2012
A love story! HHNNGGHHH!!! Let the yuri fandom go on raging, but I think I like the Brian x Akane paring. I love the soundtrack in this and the montages of the times spent with Brian with the PreCure friends and Akane personally. I'm not sure if a "foreign exchange student" trend is populated on every PreCure season, but this is SOO my first for me! (And because I am making my magical-girl OC a foreign transfer student as well.)

While the Akane episodes are good, this strikes pretty well with a flaming sword! <3

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Oct 22, 2012 1:07 AM
Oct 2010
the chase scene was awsm. Sure it was clieche and I could see the end of the episode far away but it was stil touching. Is smile precure the only shoujo series, where the girl falls in love with a nerdy looking guy? Usally they always have to put their glasses of, so that the girl sees he realy is the one. Glad they didn't went there with this series.
aki3chanOct 22, 2012 4:42 AM
Oct 22, 2012 2:05 AM

Feb 2012
Not a bad episode. I tend to prefer these sentimental types over the comedy ones. And I hope I get to see that flame sword again. Anyway, if it isn't going to start setting up a finale soon, this will probably be the most lighthearted precure show to date.
Oct 22, 2012 2:41 AM
Jun 2011
mecharobot said:
Not a bad episode. I tend to prefer these sentimental types over the comedy ones. And I hope I get to see that flame sword again. Anyway, if it isn't going to start setting up a finale soon, this will probably be the most lighthearted precure show to date.
next episode will be very good becouse wolfrun majorina and akaoni will be in their human form for the first time in smile precure
Oct 22, 2012 6:25 AM

Aug 2007
The very first couple of smile. Was really good that akane fall in love with someone.
Oct 22, 2012 2:19 PM

May 2009
Wasn't really as good as previous ones, but the action scenes were good. Flaming sword was great, cause I really don't like the vibrators they usually use in the series.
Oct 22, 2012 4:03 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
timerrabbit said:
A love story!

But I'm not ready for the girls to start growing up!

timerrabbit said:
While the Akane episodes are good, this strikes pretty well with a flaming sword! <3
Yea, that was really cool how she snapped her fingers and turned on her flaming sword :)
Oct 23, 2012 12:21 AM
Oct 2010
cure-donut said:
I notice in the new credits the Bad End characters do not appear. this worries me! I hope this doesn't mean we won't see them in future! I will be so sad if Aka Oni died! :-(:-(

I hope so too. Their pretty likeable because they always make me laugh
Oct 23, 2012 8:54 AM

Mar 2012
aki3chan said:
cure-donut said:
I notice in the new credits the Bad End characters do not appear. this worries me! I hope this doesn't mean we won't see them in future! I will be so sad if Aka Oni died! :-(:-(

I hope so too. Their pretty likeable because they always make me laugh

Are you talking about the OP visuals? That's just a preview for the Smile Precure movie. They did something similar for Heartcatch and (i think) Suite. The movie will probably have different villains.
Oct 23, 2012 6:15 PM

Apr 2008
Oh man oh man oh man that was beyond fantastic Smile Precure. Holy crap I was grinning like an idiot through the whole episode. I'm still smiling. That was the best episode of anything I've watched in a very long time. There are so many things they did that was amazing. I couldn't help but instantly identify with Brian. He pretty much looks like I'd expect I would if I was animetized, and he loves Okonomiyaki. Guy has his priorities straight. I love how the girls all banded together in their own way to help Akane get to the airport. I loved how Nao reacted to trying to act out a confession. I loved the subtle hints of broken japanese Brian used. I love how this episode really brought my appreciation of Akane way up. I love that it did just enough to portray a middle-schooler's hatsukoi without getting campy. I love that they could appreciate each other without it needing to instantly be love. Oh man I love this show. The next episode looks to be pretty awesome too. Reika and Akane weren't really doing much for me before now, but it looks like that's going to be all taken care of in the next week. gaaaah why do you do this to me Smile Precure.

Is it just me or did they re-record their transformation sequence?
Oct 23, 2012 6:28 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Acinonyx said:
Is it just me or did they re-record their transformation sequence?
Now that you mention it, it did seem a little different, but I'd have to go back and re-watch - I tend to zone during the transformation sequence.

Acinonyx said:
I loved the subtle hints of broken japanese Brian used.
I doubt I'll be able to do as well as he did when I go over there next month.
Oct 24, 2012 2:44 AM

Apr 2011
Nice to see romance in this series.
Nov 12, 2012 12:27 AM

Jan 2011
I really liked Yayoi's face when she thought Akane liked Brian. And then it was hilarious how the four tried to pair them up.

However, I have to say I cringed at both Japanese and English being spoken with accents.
Dec 27, 2012 4:59 PM

Jul 2008
They can always see each other though. She can travel anywhere through a bookshelf.
Jan 14, 2013 4:07 AM

Aug 2011
Love Akane's eps! Although she didn't confess, it was a sweet end. Brian was a cool guy, being very open-minded to try new things. I'd feel better if he said he would visit Japan again.

Yayoi's expression was so funny when she was speculating about Akane's love too.
Feb 6, 2013 9:12 PM

Jun 2011
I am now a BRIAN X AKANE fan~
Brian reminded me of a mix between America and England from Hetalia.
Mar 7, 2013 9:27 AM

Aug 2010
This was one of the best episodes of Smile Precure, no doubt.
May 21, 2014 7:45 PM

Oct 2010
Easily the best episode of Smile, that was amazingly adorable.
Nov 15, 2016 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
2 episode this good in row?
I liked this one even more than the mecha one,although to be fair I'm a much bigger fan of ramance than mecha.
Nov 1, 2018 8:24 AM

Jul 2015
Q_Q

Great episode focused on Akane, that was a nice romance for being only an episode, I will be very sad if I don't see her and Brian meet once again.

7-11-13 vs Cure Peace!
Mar 2, 2022 8:51 AM

Aug 2018
Girls, you're a bit too rushing with the shipping.. ;P She's not a character, she is a person, give her time.. ;P
Well, they actually have travelling library.. So long distance relationship wouldn't be too much of a problem, really.. Well, not like they have to enter one or anything, of course..
In the end they had a good time.. ;P
Apr 21, 2022 9:41 AM

Feb 2020
Blah... I don't like romance-centric episodes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 48 Discussion

Kaengel - Jan 26, 2013

48 by Animelover875 »»
Apr 26, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 23 Discussion

minimiau - Jul 15, 2012

40 by ThorVermillion »»
Apr 19, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 40 Discussion

Kaengel - Nov 25, 2012

10 by kitaaaa »»
Apr 13, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 3 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

31 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Feb 11, 2012

29 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.