Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2012 12:26 AM
Sep 2011
Does he need to really make a vid just for showing his reaction for 1 episode?
He needs to get a real life.
Oct 1, 2012 12:30 AM

Aug 2009
HibiChouchou said:
Does he need to really make a vid just for showing his reaction for every episode?

fixed
Oct 1, 2012 12:31 AM

Apr 2009
Amon-Raw said:

Lol he says everything that most people are scared to say.....their romance is the most rushed and random thing....i mean i bear with the slice of life/ over the top romance then when action comes it has a bunch of still frame shots -_-
The point of everything should be to frickin clear the game and recently every since he's been with Asuna he acts like a freakin baby since when does he get scared like this?? He use to be calm and collected. At least the guild leader has the intention of beating the game. The teenage romance is so over the top. Kirito was better a solo player were he took clearing the game seriously but nah he rather hear Asuna talk about them getting old together....girl get your act together this is a game

That's because she is woman and worth nothing...I LOVE how most Japnese writers handle women. They are so empathetic and clearly not misogynistic.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 1, 2012 1:29 AM
Aug 2012
HibiChouchou said:

I wouldn't get too offended, that guy brings up a tonne of solid points through absolutely shitting on the show, and let's be honest, he is right.

And by your standards, we should all get lives.
Oct 1, 2012 1:34 AM
Sep 2011
Dessiato said:
HibiChouchou said:

I wouldn't get too offended, that guy brings up a tonne of solid points through absolutely shitting on the show, and let's be honest, he is right.

No no, you don't understand, look at how many vids does he has, he wasted a lot more time than casual anime viewers.
Overall anime is just a way to entertain your life, but he gets too obsessed with it to the extend of making every vid for every episode just to rant about SAO's flaws. It's not worth.
Oct 1, 2012 1:42 AM
Aug 2012
HibiChouchou said:
Dessiato said:
HibiChouchou said:

No no, you don't understand, look at how many vids does he has, he wasted a lot more time than casual anime viewers.
Overall anime is just a way to entertain your life, but he gets too obsessed with it to the extend of making every vid for every episode just to rant about SAO's flaws. It's not worth.

Doing something like that is typically well received like his when it is accurate, and funny, from what I can see, the show honestly doesn't deserve much more, what form of credit can he honestly give it.
Oct 1, 2012 1:43 AM

Aug 2010
I know I should feel something for the main characters, but I couldn't really give a damn about them or their cheesy lines. It certainly doesn't help that Kirito is spending 90 percent of the time looking absolutely bored and detached from everything going around him.

The fight was okay and I did laugh when Kirito hid behind Asuna (though it was a pretty stupid moment). 2/5, a very weak episode.
Oct 1, 2012 2:13 AM

Nov 2011
A little too lovey-dovey for my liking but it was okay

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 1, 2012 4:12 AM

Jun 2012
enjoyed it, 4/5 for me, was good fun. Finally some more fighting. ( the last 2 episodes kind of bored me a little) I feel this anime really comes into its own in the fight scenes, the animation is great so i feel it really helps when it gets a bit hectic. Also i would like to say, for all those bitching and whining about how it wasnt explained how they were surviving in the real world etc, there was your explanation ( maybe a little out of sync/late with the LN) but its been addressed, now gtfo. :D
Oct 1, 2012 5:14 AM

Sep 2012
I'm glad that they've gone back to fighting and clearing the floors.
Oct 1, 2012 6:18 AM

Oct 2008
meepsheep said:
Wasabi said:
Suicide? Really, Asuna? They're taking this romance thing a bit too far. Typical teenage brats, I suppose.

This. :/ I'm a teenager too but suicide for a guy I like? No. LOL

It seems like an appropriate response considering she just declared Kirito her reason for living in the game. It makes sense that someone would at least think about killing yourself after losing a loved one. And she told him that so he would not try to prevent her from going. It worked too. Not that I don't find fault with someone declaring she would kill herself. But I'm not going to dismiss it as just teenage angst/drivel.
Oct 1, 2012 6:22 AM

Aug 2007
Is this the final boss or something?? Is very powefull.
Oct 1, 2012 6:27 AM

Feb 2008
Dat fish.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 1, 2012 7:04 AM

Aug 2009
minimiau said:

every 25 floors the bosses are ridiculously powerful.For example this boss is definitely more powerful than the next one or two will be .Thats why the <<Army> was obliterated so easily in the 25th floor.
Oct 1, 2012 7:09 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
minimiau said:

every 25 floors the bosses are ridiculously powerful.For example this boss is definitely more powerful than the next one or two will be .Thats why the <<Army> was obliterated so easily in the 25th floor.

And Kirito still using the sword he obtained at the 50th floor boss.
Oct 1, 2012 7:32 AM

Aug 2009
KaiKatsuya said:
ssjokg said:
minimiau said:

And Kirito still using the sword he obtained at the 50th floor boss.

It was one of those monsters that dropped it.If he were to get a stronger one it would be here....
Oct 1, 2012 9:15 AM

May 2011
HibiChouchou said:
Dessiato said:
HibiChouchou said:

Cry harder.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Oct 1, 2012 9:37 AM

Jun 2012
Karhu said:
HibiChouchou said:
Dessiato said:
HibiChouchou said:

Cry harder.

really dont understand that considering how the bloke in these vids are coming across. lol trolls make me giggle
Oct 1, 2012 9:58 AM

Jun 2012
wow that episode was awesome. from watching the preview of this episode i thought that this episode wasnt going be that great.. but i was wrong this episode was very good. :]
Oct 1, 2012 9:59 AM
Sep 2011
Karhu said:
HibiChouchou said:
Dessiato said:
HibiChouchou said:

Cry harder.

whine moar :D.
Oct 1, 2012 10:57 AM

Mar 2010
Wow, this was probably the best episode so far. I really loved how Kirito and Asuna cooperated when fighting the boss. That was beyond epic. I wish that was possible in MMOs. The first pat was really boring and I assumed the whole episode would be the same, so I was really surprised when they got called by Heathcliff.

The Kirito/Asuna talk before going to fight the boss was awful, though. I mean, seriously that's in EVERY anime that has fighters couple and the girls always react similar to Asuna. Am I really the only one that would yell at/insult him and punch/kick him for that? Seriously, Asuna belongs to the strongest players and he goes telling her not to go? She has every right to tell him the same thing. And then who would fight there? I fail to see the logic of that. I know they're in love but that doesn't mean they can't use brain at all.

The rest of the episode redeemed it. I really enjoyed what we've seen of the fight so far and I have to say that the boss is truly amazing. I look forward to the rest of the battle and the end of SAO arc. Although, I'll miss it.
Oct 1, 2012 11:13 AM
Feb 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Dat fish.

Dat fish was some Gyo shit.
Oct 1, 2012 12:28 PM
May 2006
Is it just me or does having read the LN spoils so much that it makes the series seems so-so.
Oct 1, 2012 12:30 PM

Sep 2012
This episode is by far the best one so far. They did a perfect job at balancing the relaxing and fighting. The ending of this episode just keeps us wanting to watch the next episode. Definitely can't wait!
"Do you want to accelerate to the next level, young man?" - Kuroyukihime
Oct 1, 2012 12:37 PM
Jan 2011

Well, it aint much but, that's nice.
Oct 1, 2012 12:51 PM

Nov 2011
Nasty001 said:

Well, it aint much but, that's nice.

mmmm Asuna's black undies.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 1, 2012 12:56 PM

Mar 2012
that old man should take the lead and clear the damm game...
Oct 1, 2012 1:55 PM

Jul 2012
Lame episode with fishing and talking about killing themselfs if one of them dies. Too cheese for me. And the boss? Are they already on the level when they don't match the oponents?
Oct 1, 2012 3:05 PM

Oct 2009
Starburst stream evolution ! xD i can't wait till next ep ; ;

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Oct 1, 2012 3:36 PM
Oct 2012
Misiakk said:
Lame episode with fishing and talking about killing themselfs if one of them dies. Too cheese for me. And the boss? Are they already on the level when they don't match the oponents?

If you've read the novel, you'll know that later on it actually gets revealed why that happened.
Oct 1, 2012 3:40 PM

Feb 2012
ti5i said:
Misiakk said:

If you've read the novel, you'll know that later on it actually gets revealed why that happened.

Actually, I don't think they will mention the pattern anymore.

Every 25 levels, the boss' algorithm seems to change and becomes harder to defeat.
Oct 1, 2012 5:40 PM
Sep 2012
Misiakk said:

About the boss, this is an MMORPG, where leveling gets harder and takes more time for a player to become stronger as they gain levels. Also, the players have level caps, which means that they have a max level that the player can reach, not above that. The bosses as well get stronger as the players progress through the game, and the once you get to a high enough level, the difference between the strength of the current boss and the previous one becomes enormous until the final boss. So now, it is impossible for the players to win unless if they team up, and still a bunch of the weaker players died due to the strength of the boss.

But I agree with you, the fishing was kind of lame, but the talk about each other and the dyeing part actually added to the character development and gave more info about the game itself. And the boss fight was amazing :)
Oct 1, 2012 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
huntx said:

you mean heathcliff? he's already leading the clearers and the game in more ways than one...
Oct 1, 2012 5:51 PM

Feb 2012
Zekken said:
huntx said:

you mean heathcliff? he's already leading the clearers and the game in more ways than one...

Maybe he meant the fisherman.
Oct 1, 2012 6:00 PM

Sep 2012
HauntingShock said:
Zekken said:
huntx said:

Maybe he meant the fisherman.

your guess is as good as mine, but that fisherman is waay too weak (no offence to him) to be of use in the front lines, only people who have properly trained like Asuna, Kirito, Klein and Agil can hold their own
Oct 1, 2012 6:22 PM

Jun 2009
Asuna and Kirito have some mad co-dependency issues, especially Asuna. I didn't mind the romance, but the lines were a bit cheesy.

The fishing was enjoyable. And it was nice see Heathcliff, Klein, and the black dude.

When Asuna said that the boss is above, did anyone else get flashbacks of Legend of Zelda with the spider?
[/center]
Oct 1, 2012 7:15 PM

Sep 2012
BridgeX said:

When Asuna said that the boss is above, did anyone else get flashbacks of Legend of Zelda with the spider?

OMG YES!! XD

now that i think about it, it was pretty similar to Zelda:OoT where you reached the dungeon and the spider is hanging above you :D

considering the prototype of SAO was written 10 years ago, im guessing Reki played zelda before and took the idea
Oct 1, 2012 7:31 PM

Jan 2009
The I want to be with you love you forever drama should be tempered a little..
Every episode we have to hear them say this. Only reason why I gave it a 3,5 so a lucky 4 star.
Oct 1, 2012 8:14 PM

Mar 2012
I hope the plot starts picking up like it seems it will. All I've really seen so far was a cool intro and side stories which were painful to watch
Oct 1, 2012 10:31 PM

Sep 2008
yey =)
the worlds end its next =)
VN readers know how literal that is

so in 2 eps we get to see SUGU!
maybe i'll cry next ep, i almost did i the VN, but here is animated TT_TT
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 1, 2012 11:16 PM

Nov 2011
What it's funny about this anime it's that almost all the secondary characters are more interesting than the two main characters xD Klein, Agil, Heathcliff, Sachi, Yui...Everytime the two mains speak it's so ZzZzZz
Oct 1, 2012 11:19 PM

Mar 2011
Sukha said:
What it's funny about this anime it's that almost all the secondary characters are more interesting than the two main characters xD Klein, Agil, Heathcliff, Sachi, Yui...Everytime the two mains speak it's so ZzZzZz

lol so true
Oct 2, 2012 11:55 AM

Jul 2011
The fight was actually pretty exciting and the asuna and Kirito moments weren't bad. Pretty good episode after kind of a brutal stretch with this series for me.
Oct 2, 2012 2:09 PM

Dec 2010
if there's one thing I liked about this ep, it's the boss enemy's design
pretty damn frightening
Oct 2, 2012 6:50 PM

May 2008
I'm not sure what the point of the first half of the episode was (if there was one), but the beginning of the boss fight is definitely getting my blood pumping! I can't even imagine having to fight that thing-- 5 freaking bars and they're all struggling just trying to get through the first bar. Aaah, so scary. I really don't know how this game doesn't have magic/healing classes.

The dependency Kirito and Asuna have for each other is kind whack. If the show actually went through how their relationship progressed over the two years instead of having the time jump dramatically every episode and making us have to assume how they got closer behind the scenes (for those of us who don't read the novels or whatever) then I might actually feel more for them.

And they finally explain the whole hospital bit. Why didn't they mention sometime in the other 12 episodes about people being disconnected...

Can't wait for more of the boss battles! Hopefully the series will focus more on the real story now, because everything other than boss battles felt like filler with the poor way they went about it.
Oct 2, 2012 7:16 PM

Oct 2010
Does anyone know when the next episode preview will be out? It always comes out around Wednesday, I think.
Oct 2, 2012 8:07 PM
Mar 2010
WhisperedHope said:
And they finally explain the whole hospital bit. Why didn't they mention sometime in the other 12 episodes about people being disconnected...

Simple. They aren't using a narrator, or generally revealing character thoughts. The anime skipped over the period of time they were disconnected, and none of the conversations we've seen have had reason for the characters to bring it up until now. They already knew it happened, and had no reason to spontaneously discuss it. Until now where it's a lead in to the point that a body essentially in a coma is not going to last nearly as long as a healthy, active body.
Oct 2, 2012 10:26 PM
Sep 2011
Vaati said:
kayos90 said:
Awaki said:
Finally an enjoyable episode, better than the last few that's for sure.
I don't understand why they didn't make SAO all 25 episodes for Aincrad, wasted potential. I don't see how they'll fit ALO into 10 episodes-ish.

Because that would be horribly paced.

The series is already horribly paced.

So you want to make it worst?
Oct 2, 2012 10:31 PM
Sep 2011
You've already considered characters are shallow even in the original LN, so what do you hope for when watching the anime? That the adaptation will be better than its origin?
Oct 2, 2012 11:18 PM

Mar 2011
HibiChouchou said:
You've already considered characters are shallow even in the original LN, so what do you hope for when watching the anime? That the adaptation will be better than its origin?

I dont know if this is true for Vaati´s case, but Im sure most of MALs community are watching this series trough illegal means so its not like most people are paying to watch this in the first place, besides spending less than 24 minutes per week to watch SAO is not wasting much time and the truth is that in this summer season pretty much every series have been pretty horrible, I personally consider my favourite series in this summer season to be mediocre, perhaps its different for other SAO haters but I have been watching this beacause there has not been anything good to watch in the first place, if psycho pass and btooom! end up being good its possible I drop this.
Raziel1991Oct 2, 2012 11:26 PM
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

71 by ItsQuintaly »»
Yesterday, 12:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

52 by Shadee64 »»
May 4, 2:34 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.