Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 18, 2012 4:05 AM

Jun 2011
This episode was really pretty damn bad i spent most of it with a 'wtf is this shit' look on my face, some of the stuff they were pulling out their ass this episode was pretty damn painful to watch.

Also once again they seem to be crapping all over the power level of a level 9 king. Why do the kings never seem strong unless they are beating on each other? They always seem to nerf Kuroyukihime just so the cannon fodder can make her struggle. They should just stick with her fighting kings and stop weakening her for the sake of her fighting the commoners.

Why did it seem that Kuroyukihime has had more romantic interaction with Megumi in 2 episodes than with Haru in the entire series? If your not going to use the romantic relationship with Haru and Kuroyukihime then dont throw it at us in the first 2-3 episodes.

When Crikin transformed (jumped into his megazord) all i could think was the original Power Rangers, the theme tune was screaming in my head. I know it was probably a reference to some Japanese version but any western person watching it the first thing that should come to their mind is Power Rangers.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Aug 18, 2012 5:17 AM

May 2010
Nice ending to this little side note, now back to Haru getting the dat soon to be beat down
Aug 18, 2012 8:27 AM

Apr 2009
katsu044 said:
I remember when this show used to be awesome ;_;

Ha, finally someone that agrees with me. The quality of this show decreases each episode... The fight scenes become more stupid and lame every time. I mean, why would those two little girls choose a skill as Aqua mode... They obviously don't have a lot of experience, because that skill only works in rare cases and is not even a match-winning one!
If the explanation for Chiyu's ridiculous action next episode turns out to be the cherry upon the retarded plot twists I'm through with this series...

Aug 18, 2012 8:34 AM

Apr 2009
Slicer22 said:
This episode was really pretty damn bad i spent most of it with a 'wtf is this shit' look on my face, some of the stuff they were pulling out their ass this episode was pretty damn painful to watch.

Also once again they seem to be crapping all over the power level of a level 9 king. Why do the kings never seem strong unless they are beating on each other? They always seem to nerf Kuroyukihime just so the cannon fodder can make her struggle. They should just stick with her fighting kings and stop weakening her for the sake of her fighting the commoners.

Why did it seem that Kuroyukihime has had more romantic interaction with Megumi in 2 episodes than with Haru in the entire series? If your not going to use the romantic relationship with Haru and Kuroyukihime then dont throw it at us in the first 2-3 episodes.

When Crikin transformed (jumped into his megazord) all i could think was the original Power Rangers, the theme tune was screaming in my head. I know it was probably a reference to some Japanese version but any western person watching it the first thing that should come to their mind is Power Rangers.

I must also agree with this. That whole level system doesn't seem to make sense.
I'm expecting to drop this after next episode.

Aug 18, 2012 8:42 AM
Jul 2012
It a real Shame that the Red Megazord is being ass kicked in one single fire attack !!!

NExt episode for Haruyuki entering Roasted Pig Mode

and also Rage of fans for chiyusuhlut
b4hn5chAug 18, 2012 8:50 AM
Aug 18, 2012 8:43 AM
Nov 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
This show should have just been about Kuroyukihime and Megumi. Screw the fat kid.
I like Kuroyukihime, but she and Haru are both better when they're together.
Aug 18, 2012 8:50 AM

Apr 2011
I really enjoyed this side story and I hope those two girls come back.
Aug 18, 2012 10:10 AM

Dec 2010
the whole megumi being the saviour part was so stupid. she randomly walks into the room, knows perfectly how to burst link and knows how the fighting works and in the end she just forgets everything.... yeah sure.
Aug 18, 2012 10:27 AM

Feb 2012
I get it that Mana used her shaman powers and knew Megumi would come but it was ridiculous how she saved them, did not like it.

I love it when Kuroyuki gets embarrassed, Megumi should grope her in every episode :D

kamikaze_1996 said:
GO GO POWER RANGERS!!!

LOOL XDDD man i totally sung the song when he transformed :Dl

Virtual high five, man, damn that nostalgia xD
Aug 18, 2012 11:42 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
I see a lot of people here are not well acquainted with Japanese anime and toku culture. Super robots and super sentai are what comes first in mind. Everyone knows that Power Rangers is just the American version (not bad just very different, I liked PR in Space more than Megaranger)

I think the last two episodes were stellar. I won't argue with the droppers as it seems this series is not for them so they can drop it as much as they want to better use their time to watch something they enjoy. You need some level of imagination and good knowledge of the genre to fully appreciate series like this.

Spitfirefly said:
the whole megumi being the saviour part was so stupid. she randomly walks into the room, knows perfectly how to burst link and knows how the fighting works and in the end she just forgets everything.... yeah sure.

Come on there were enough hints in that scene that suggest what happened to Megumi in the past. Did you miss the fact that Megumi was a Burst Linker when she was a child, most likely long before Kuroyukihime? And clearly the program uninstalled from her?
wakka9caAug 18, 2012 11:45 AM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 18, 2012 11:53 AM

May 2011
Really great animation in this episode. At least there was enough of that to cover for the lackluster experience of dealing with a side story. Seems like a new group is introduced with this one as well. Good to see scenes of the last fight in the preview, looking forward to seeing it pick back up.
Aug 18, 2012 12:16 PM
Jan 2011
Oh man, another filler episode.
Aug 18, 2012 12:45 PM

Jan 2010
Nasty001 said:

Funny how the Filler is better than the current arc.

Reminds me of how FMP! Fumoffu is a lot more enjoyable than the main story.
Aug 18, 2012 1:42 PM

Oct 2011
Megazord ;D.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2012 1:45 PM
Mar 2012
just end this anime already
Aug 18, 2012 2:36 PM
Apr 2010
nooo hime i dont care about chiyu being the bich of nomi but is hime also gets down by nomi them i going to drop this show for sure really!!!!! noooooo
Aug 18, 2012 3:29 PM

May 2011
This side story was actually pretty enjoyable and I liked it. Crikin's transformation was cool and so was the fight.
-MgZ_ said:
Hime's "UNYAAAAAA" HHNNNNNNNNGG. <3<3<3
Sooooooooooooooo cute.

It doesn't look good from what I see in the preview. =/
Aug 18, 2012 3:50 PM

Jun 2008
Vikopaulum said:
I mean, why would those two little girls choose a skill as Aqua mode... They obviously don't have a lot of experience, because that skill only works in rare cases and is not even a match-winning one!

You forgot about the fact that They cannot choose their own basic Duel Avatars powers

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 18, 2012 3:51 PM

Mar 2012
That...was boring. Fun starts next episode.
Aug 18, 2012 4:05 PM

Jun 2008
So we spent 2 episodes with a slow reveal about an organization that apparently really cheats and messes with the game. Alright then.

I like the idea of an organization, I don't like that they're revealing this with 5 episodes to go. Hopefully they have a Season 2 planned, otherwise too much of this stuff will be ended far too hastily.
Aug 18, 2012 4:16 PM
Sep 2010
Megumi is a god enough said.
Aug 18, 2012 4:18 PM

Jul 2010
The screw went all Transformers on that dragon!

Anyway, Megumi to the rescue. Her ability to change the stage at will was really convenient for beating that dragon. The two girls are most at home in the water. Their Marine modes were really cool.

Nick really didn't like his owner at all, huh? That Sulfur Pot guy is most likely part of the same organization as Noumi. Noumi uses some sort of backdoor as well after all.

Speaking of which; next time we'll be back to the main issue: that asshole Noumi and Chiyu's (acted) treason!

Aug 18, 2012 5:15 PM

Nov 2009
Well, back to the dreaded story with Noumi. I hope it ends soon, that character is really detestable.
Aug 18, 2012 6:11 PM

Jul 2009
Honestly, I enjoyed this episode much more than the story with the pig. It just reminded me that I watch this series for Hime.
Aug 18, 2012 6:14 PM
Nov 2008
Teldara said:
Nasty001 said:

Funny how the Filler is better than the current arc.

Reminds me of how FMP! Fumoffu is a lot more enjoyable than the main story.

Basically you just said 'I watch this anime for the loli'.
Aug 18, 2012 6:38 PM
Aug 2011
Just when I forgot of Nomi, He comes back next week.....
Aug 18, 2012 8:05 PM

Jan 2012
Lame episode...

Damn... they really f**king up the story... lvl, specials... nothing matter ¬¬

just randoms fights...

BTW, just me remembered Power Rangers watching it?
Aug 18, 2012 8:31 PM

Jul 2011
ok now lets go to the main story
Aug 18, 2012 10:29 PM

Nov 2011
Do we really have to go back to the main plot? Can't Kuroyukihime just decide to stay in Okinawa, and give us weekly magical girl/giant robot battles versus dragon riders? This show is so much better when it's not drenched in perpetual angst.
Aug 18, 2012 11:26 PM

Jun 2009
Kurikin > Niko

Although Niko will blast through him. He wins by badass factor since giant robots is always better than immobile fortress.
Aug 18, 2012 11:51 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome. Time to drop the show now! :D

It actually ended on a great note. If they ended it here, I'd be perfectly happy with it. In fact, I'm marking this as complete and rating it an 8/10.

Funniest part for me was that the writers were practically "begging" viewers to watch next week by rubbing in the fact of an organization and some new item equip. lol I'm not that curious to watch some NTR crap and characters that suck all over the place.

Megazord was epic. Loli mermaids. Epic. And Kuroyukihime. Epiiic.

Aug 18, 2012 11:52 PM

Oct 2008
Crikin in real life is WAY hotter than that fat pig. Kuroyukihime would make a nice pairing with him.. 8D

Aug 19, 2012 3:29 AM
Jul 2012
Finally, we are back to the main plot! I definitely want to know why Chiyu healed Nomi! I have suspicions, but I want it SOLVED! The side story was a bit nice, but overall rather boring, nothing about it really made it kind of special to me, so I watched it because they may attempt to use some of those characters in the future. Well, BACK TO THE MAIN PLOT! "FRIENDS GO WILD IN THE BACKGROUND!"
Aug 19, 2012 3:33 AM

Jul 2012
Crikin turned out to look pretty cool in real life.

I liked the ending for this episode, shows the true friendship between KYH and Megumi.

More importantly though, we finally go back to the main story next episode. Time to find out why Chiyu defected!
Aug 19, 2012 4:10 AM

Jan 2011
A nice episode and great conclusion to Princess' mini arc. Knew that Megumi was a burst linker. I'm pretty sure she knew that Princess is one as well. Actually curious to know about Megumi's past now. Crikin's transformation to that Power Rangers looking Megazord was so cheesy yet awesome. xD He looks like a pretty cool guy in real life haha. Gonna miss those lively loli girls :P

I swear Sulfur Pot is voiced by Hiyama Noboyuki. Ever since I heard him voice Ikkaku in Bleach, I've always recognized his voice. xD

Finally we get back to the main story. Let's find out why Chiyu betrayed Haru and Taku. Noumi needs to get his ass handed soon though.
Aug 19, 2012 5:43 AM

Sep 2008
Viral vs Gurren Lagann in this episode. That is literally the only thing I liked about it.
Aug 19, 2012 7:19 AM

Nov 2010
Crikin has a bad ass transformation a la Voltron style.
He would make a great team with the Red King.

Similar to Sword Online a Dragon appeared this weak
The attacks were quite cool

Megumi appearing like a Mahou Shoujo changing the field with a transition was beautiful
Aug 19, 2012 7:14 PM
Feb 2009
need to be back on the main plot already
Aug 19, 2012 7:33 PM

Jul 2012
Anyone know the name of the OST on 19:10 ?
Aug 20, 2012 5:49 PM

Apr 2012
nseika said:
How about the possibility that Megumi is that other healer who uninstalled her program after being frustrated for being the "most wanted player in party" ?
Almost thought she's doing that.

belatkuro said:
Though, given that Megumi took a while before connecting to the cable, a lot of time should have passed inside the Unlimited Field. But she appeared at the exact moment where she is needed. Really now ( ¬‿¬)
Coincidence. Megumi seems to enter the room not long after Hime dived in. The time inside and outside is different, so short time passed since the scene in eps 18.

I think both of you assumptions are very likely possible ( btw im not sure what assumption means :P i hope i did use it in a right way )
"You must be joking" -Gorobei
Aug 21, 2012 4:14 AM
Nov 2010
Was the mecha really necessary?
Otherwise, good episode full of Kuroyukihime.
Aug 21, 2012 5:17 AM

Aug 2010
Bad writing still plagues the show, but Kuroyukihime is a much better protagonist than Haru. The episode was actually enjoyable 4/5.
Aug 21, 2012 6:17 AM

May 2012
Kuroyukihime is as cute as ever.
Aug 21, 2012 10:05 AM

Jun 2008
Tomislavr7 said:
Was the mecha really necessary?

Yes, it just shows that Crimson Kingbolt's true power as the one closest to becoming the new Red King before Scarlet Rain appeared.

He's there to help Hime fight Nidg and Sulfur Pot, but was caught off guard, due to the lack of knowledge on how Sulfur Pot fights.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 21, 2012 11:36 PM
Jun 2011
how pigs grow fast
Aug 21, 2012 11:42 PM

Apr 2009
Is that Nobuyuki Hiyama's voice I hear? XD

I've seen Scarlet Rain's Enhanced Armament but this one is truly a giant mecha! Woot woot!

A dark guild/legion/organization working inside the shadows of a secret world? Sounds like a conspiracy theory and right up in Noumi's alley. >_<

Shirt said:
Crikin in real life is WAY hotter than that fat pig. Kuroyukihime would make a nice pairing with him.. 8D
Oh man it's like rubbing salt on bacon...err wounds but it's true and I have to agree. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 22, 2012 11:27 AM

May 2012
Side story of boringness has finally ended, hopefully it goes back to the main now.
Aug 22, 2012 8:00 PM
Jul 2012
Shirt said:

It seems you still butthurt about Haruyuki being the main character. If all the anime played by hot guys, it shows how stupid the world are.
Aug 23, 2012 1:05 AM
Jul 2018
Not a bad episode, but I feel like maybe the whole purpose of the side story was to bring up the organization that Sulfur Pot is a part of and give Hime that item.

It continues to seem like they will eventually make another season of this. The number of light novels that are covered in this series just doesn't like enough to tell any completely story. I really wonder how it will end. Surely this arc with the d-bag kid won't last another 5 episodes.

And i'm actually curious about what Megumi's deal is. I'm sure she won't appear again, but if there is another season (which I don't know if i'd watch) I hope they tell more about her.

And WTF is with the flaming pig?
Aug 23, 2012 7:57 PM

Feb 2010
this episode was actually good.. but how could you go wrong with:

GODZILLA ---->nick
OPTIMUS PRIME-----> Crikin..powered up
SAILOR MOON ----> Megumi in Accel World.

3x the win.

The writing was a hot mess, but stilll... good compared to the past 5ish episodes.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.