Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »
Jun 10, 2014 5:25 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
What more should the anime had done for someone to understand "clearly" that Kiritsugu had to make a choice and that Kariya was hallucinating?

It has nothing to do with having read the LN. It s about viewers making the effort to think, analyze what they see.

Botato said:

How about I have not read the novel before watching the anime, and wasn't confused?
Also, I was talking about the ending. Some explanations for what happened are present in F/SN, because F/0 is a prequel it assumes you have knowledge of it or you are planning on reading it sometime. That's why it's wrong to treat F/0 on its own.
NOt to mention the FSN anime that will air in fall.
Yeah that too, so "different mediums don't count" won't work as an excuse soon. Not that I agree that its a valid excuse, but still.
Jun 10, 2014 5:38 AM

Jan 2012
Botato said:

How about I have not read the novel before watching the anime, and wasn't confused?
Also, I was talking about the ending. Some explanations for what happened are present in F/SN, because F/0 is a prequel it assumes you have knowledge of it or you are planning on reading it sometime. That's why it's wrong to treat F/0 on its own.

Then good for you. It still doesn't change my experience or the fact that I noticed there were lots of questions being thrown around.

I understand what you're getting at. I just don't agree. On Rotten Tomatoes, do the critics pend their ratings for XYZ 1 because they're waiting for clarification in XYZ 2? Do they rate each movie in a series based on the series overall or based on the specific title? It's common to evaluate a prequel on its own.

My problem with the ending wasn't that there were loose ends, by the way (I was focusing more on needing to read the novel). I did say those loose ends were presented poorly and jarringly. The ending wasn't self-sufficient; it required people telling you "Well if you'd read this and watched that etc"

TLDR I thought the ending was lackluster, rushed, and confusing. It would've been better if I'd read the novel. But I shouldn't have to read the novel to be able to understand this series by itself. I don't know how many more ways to say it and there's no changing my opinion soooo
NinahJun 10, 2014 5:41 AM
Jun 10, 2014 5:43 AM

Sep 2013
Fate/Zero is deeply connected to Fate/stay night, it's part of a bigger story. So one way or another, whether you watch FZ first and then go on to FSN or vice versa, the story simply doesn't end after FZ, so complaining that the ending is incomplete is kinda unfair. This is like you read A Dance with Dragons and complain that there is still no resolution at the end of the book and questions are left. Doesn't exactly work this way, I know, since FZ is a prequel and FSN came first.

You also have to understand the meaning behind the name Fate/Zero. After every episode, you see a timer counting down. What happens when the timer finally reaches zero hour? A hero is reborn from the ashes of the inferno the 4th War left behind and FSN, Shirou's story, finally begins.
Jun 10, 2014 5:45 AM

Aug 2009
Loose ends here is translated as ""good guy" loses".

There was no loose end.The bad guys won and the rest lost.That Sakura was left in the Matou isnt a loose end, that Saber failed to get her wish isnt a loose end etc.

Whether you know FSN story or not that doesnt change the ending or its meaning.
Jun 10, 2014 5:53 AM

Nov 2013
Ninah said:
Then good for you. It still doesn't change my experience or the fact that I noticed there were lots of questions being thrown around.

No it doesn't.

Ninah said:
I understand what you're getting at. I just don't agree. On Rotten Tomatoes, do the critics pend their ratings for XYZ 1 because they're waiting for clarification in XYZ 2? Do they rate each movie in a series based on the series overall or based on the specific title? It's common to evaluate a prequel on its own.

First of all, why care about their criteria?
Second of all, what I'm saying is: criticizing a show for not answering questions, when it has a sequel that does answer them is wrong. When making a review, that would be a "heads up" to the one reading your review; like "just fyi, this certain aspect is not explained in this PART of the franchise." It's not a valid "criticism" that the show has a bad/lackluster ending.
Currently I have a problem with MM's third movie (Rebellion) ending in that it begs for a sequel, which hasn't been announced yet. So yes I would consider it incomplete and lower its score until it gets a sequel. But it's not the same with this, F/0 already HAS a sequel that explains and answers any remaining questions.

Ninah said:
My problem with the ending wasn't that there were loose ends, by the way (I was focusing more on needing to read the novel). I did say those loose ends were presented poorly and jarringly. The ending wasn't self-sufficient; it required people telling you "Well if you'd read this and watched that etc"

So basically, Code Geass season 1 ending was lackluster because you need to watch season 2 to understand what happened and get the full story?

Ninah said:
TLDR I thought the ending was lackluster, rushed, and confusing. It would've been better if I'd read the novel. But I shouldn't have to read the novel to be able to understand this series by itself. I don't know how many more ways to say it and there's no changing my opinion soooo
The anime was as best as it could be of an adaptation. If you read the F/0 light novel, it could have enhanced your experience a bit more.

However, there WILL STILL be some "loose ends." Why? Because these "loose ends" are tied up and answered in Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel, a sequel.

Not telling you to change your opinion, just telling you that the way you are looking at it is wrong.
Jun 10, 2014 6:06 AM

Jan 2012
Botato said:
First of all, why care about their criteria?

You're telling me it's not "right" to treat an installation as a standalone. I'm saying it's commonly practiced by professionals.

Second of all, what I'm saying is: criticizing a show for not answering questions, when it has a sequel that does answer them is wrong.

Okay, hold on - I feel like I've spent paragraphs clarifying that this /wasn't/ my problem
Quote: "My problem with the ending wasn't that there were loose ends, by the way. I did say those loose ends were presented poorly and jarringly."
Quote: "the ending was definitely disjointed and choppy."
Quote: "because I hadn't read the novel, I feel like I noticed clumsy narrative, disconnects, and vagueness"
You seem to be focusing a lot on F/SN. I wasn't confused about what would happen later. I was confused about what had happened. This is why I keep on mentioning the difference in reading the novel. I don't need a sequel to answer questions; I'm saying the ending of this series itself wasn't good directionally. I've been consistently criticizing the way the narrative and information was told.

Botato said:
So basically, Code Geass season 1 ending was lackluster because you need to watch season 2 to understand what happened and get the full story?

Botato said:
However, there WILL STILL be some "loose ends." Why? Because these "loose ends" are tied up and answered in Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel, a sequel.

To be honest, I feel like I'm wasting my time. You even quoted me where I said directly that it wasn't the existence of loose ends that I had a problem with. It was the presentation. The presentation caused confusion.
Jun 10, 2014 6:08 AM

Jul 2007
This whole problem would have been solved if Ufotable adapted all three routes of FSN first -__-

F/0 IS meant to be read/watched AFTER FSN.

The only problem with the adaptation was that they for whatever reason cut out Saber/Lancelot backstory (when I think about it maybe they will add it into their FSN version, if its faithful adaptation of fate route?)
Jun 10, 2014 6:14 AM

Nov 2013
Ninah said:
You seem to be focusing a lot on F/SN. I wasn't confused about what would happen later. I was confused about what had happened. This is why I keep on mentioning the difference in reading the novel. I don't need a sequel to answer questions; I'm saying the ending of this series itself wasn't good directionally. I've been consistently criticizing the way the narrative and information was told.

And some of what "had happened" needs explanations that are not present in F/Z entirely. That's why I'm focusing on F/SN.

Also, the things that are present, it just means you weren't paying attention (Talking about the Kariya scene here mainly). It's not the director's fault.
Jun 10, 2014 6:21 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
Ninah said:

And some of what "had happened" needs explanations that are not present in F/Z entirely. That's why I'm focusing on F/SN.

Also, the things that are present, it just means you weren't paying attention (Talking about the Kariya scene here mainly). It's not the director's fault.

It is difficult to understand that any info from the FZ LN that wasnt in the anime would only make the experience better but not more clear.

Even Zouken's dialogue with Kirei that was omitted wouldnt make it more clear.
Jun 10, 2014 6:34 AM

Jan 2012
We're going in circles, back to the problem where I thought it was clunky and you tell me I just wasn't looking hard enough. I was looking plenty hard. Repeatedly insisting otherwise isn't going to change my experience, especially since I've seen similar confusion. You guys seem to be big fans that won't let up and honestly I'm not invested enough to debate any more. Deal with there being a negative opinion and let's move on.
Jun 10, 2014 8:19 AM

Aug 2009
It is hard to accept that both scenes that where mentioned here aren't clear. If you couldn't understand what the grail was telling to Kiritsugu or that Kariya was alive and was hallucinating, then you weren't looking hard enough. There was nothing the anime could do to make it "easier " except from adding a narrator in the very end,which woulnt make sense.
Jun 11, 2014 12:18 AM

Mar 2013
Ninah said:
We're going in circles, back to the problem where I thought it was clunky and you tell me I just wasn't looking hard enough. I was looking plenty hard. Repeatedly insisting otherwise isn't going to change my experience, especially since I've seen similar confusion. You guys seem to be big fans that won't let up and honestly I'm not invested enough to debate any more. Deal with there being a negative opinion and let's move on.

It is clunky. But it's the nature of the series for it to be exposition heavy. It doesn't lend itself to the anime medium very well in that regard. Ufotable did as well as they possible could have, but if you really want to completely understand everything, you need to go through F/SN or read the F/Z novel. Ideally both.

Although, if you couldn't understand at least the basics from what was presented... maybe this sort of series just isn't for you.

For example:

Ninah said:
It seemed like the Grail would grant the wish by making his family the last humans on earth, but that wasn't clear in the episode at all. It was just raining blood - pretty vague.

In the second-to-last episode, it shows him, alone in the castle with only his family and Irisviel literally says to him "This is the grail granting your wish". And before that, well, it was pretty obvious that the grail was:

a) hungry for the blood of mortals
b) powerful enough to cause destruction on an unimaginable scale. (this one is explicitly stated)

From which it is obvious that the grail would probably murder everybody, with world peace being a side-effect. Hell it probably would have murdered everybody no matter what the wish. This is reinforced by the whole raining blood thing.

I'm sure a lot of people thought of this immediately when Kiritsugu's goal was first mentioned because of that Stalin quote, "Death solves all problems - no man, no problem". I know I did.

I thought that plot point, at least, was pretty obvious. Sure nobody flat out said it, but if you wanted to call out the show for being vague and this is the example you choose for your argument, of course people aren't going to buy that you were "looking plenty hard" (giggity).
Jun 15, 2014 10:22 AM
Jun 2013
C-Core said:
souledge94 said:

Aoi was a useless mother and doesint deserve the right to be called a mom so anything negative happening to her doesint really bother me at all.I feel bad for the kids not the parents.I know Kariya loves Aoi but in the end he will go out his way to help sakura even if his body is wrecked even if he doesint get his happy ending with Aoi he still cares enough for the kids to try and at least make them happy.Even though Kariya was upset that he wasint the one to get with Aoi if Tokiomi wasint a prick and a bad father im sure murder wouldint be on his mind however Tokiomi are those things so I say im fine with him being in the sights.

Of course Aoi can't do much. Unlike you, she lacks deeper knowledge of pretty much everything. What she learns in episode 10 is that Kariya tries to kill Tokiomi because he wants to save Sakura. He gives her a half-assed explanation (which I don't even count as an explanation) that he looks like that because of the Matou magecraft, but "Sakura will be fine if I win the Grail, so please cheer me on, okay?". Try to think of what is going on in Aoi's mind instead of simply bashing her. She simply cannot understand Kariya. It sounded like "I'm gonna return your daughter for some undisclosed reason and btw, I WILL ALSO KILL YOUR HUSBAND". I think it's reasonable to focus on the part you understand.

Parents do what they think is best for their children so she accepted Tokiomi's decision, thinking he did what is possibly best for Sakura. You don't care about Aoi's fate, but that is the crucial part here, because it matters to Kariya, was that so difficult to understand or what? He is horrified when he realizes that the person he just strangled was Aoi. Part of why he wants to save Sakura is because he wants to play the hero for Aoi. And Tokiomi is the bad, bad villain for him. Kariya wants a happy ending with Aoi. And that is exactly why Urobuchi made him suffer. He can't stand people who think like that. Or at least he crushes people who think this way. He reused this with Sayaka in Madoka Magica.

If magi have more than one child, they won't let the younger children know about the secret of magic, they let them live normal lives as humans. In fact, telling more people about the secret weakens the mystery in general, which is why the Association stops any attempts to leak magic to the public. Here's the thing again, Tokiomi deeply regrets that he cannot give Sakura and Rin that choice to live as humans or as magi. In his mind, there is simply no other way than for them to become magi.

"ããå¾ã¬" is the term he used when he thought about the secret of magic being shared, which means "it can't be done". The meaning is more along the lines of "If you aren't one of the great prominent houses, telling anyone besides the heir about your magecraft is impossible."

Giving Sakura away to become the heir of another family was the best outcome that he could have imagined. I don't think he was capable of recognizing any other better options and there hardly are. He tries to spare Sakura from either death or a fate worse than death. That does not make him a prick. That he gave her to Zouken and with it full responsibility over her makes him a bad father, that we can agree on. I think I can see the point of ignoring her and cut all ties now, but that doesn't mean I didn't see the flaws either.

The ultimate end of what MatÅ Kariya seeks is only the showdown with TÅsaka Tokiomi. Not considering his chances of winning, in the event that he was in the end victorious over Tokiomi and furthermore obtained the Grailâ at that time, what will Kariya face?

... It did not even require thought; it must be his own darkness. Originally for the sake of helping Aoi reclaim her daughter, but now to claim the life of Aoi's husband. Of this contradiction he seemed still unaware, no, rather than say he is unaware, one might say he is, because of the jealousy and selfishness of his heart, intentionally deceiving himself, hiding this feeling.

When facing that bloodstained victory, MatÅ Kariya will definitely sink into the dilemma of having to face the ugliness of his own heart.

Crest Worm insanity or not, nothing justifies trying to kill Tokiomi here, no matter what you say, because his mind doesn't think in a way where he is simply doing it to win the war. "I want to save Sakura, which unfortunately requires me to fight Tokiomi" is not Kariya's mindset during the Grail War. It's "I want to save Sakura, and to do that I will do everything possible to fight and kill Tokiomi".

You make it sound like Kariya wasn't able to get Aoi. That is not the case. Zouken was setting those two up in their childhood because she literally has a great magic womb. But it's not like Aoi ever saw more in Kariya than something close to a sibling. Kariya couldn't even talk to her normally.

This giant wall of text still doesint excuse Aoi from being a mother who just sits by and does nothing and has no real vaule and doesint make the father any less of a prick who doesint even check on his kid.You can protect these characters all you want.The anime showed me how crappy these parents are.
Jun 15, 2014 2:51 PM

Sep 2013
The anime showed me how crappy these parents are.

And I am telling you that there is a deeper meaning behind their act.

Sure, you simply voice your opinion. That is your right.

However, you don't consider other people's/societies' values and outright dismiss Aoi as someone 'who doesn't deserve to call herself a mother'. Don't look at people using your own standards. See beyond your own nose.

You probably didn't even read my wall of text or else you wouldn't have missed the part where I said that of course Aoi can't do anything. You wouldn't be able to do anything in her position either. People who give away their children for adoption are usually not allowed to see their children again anyway. At least that is a very common case in Japan and in many other countries, I bet you didn't know that either.

You also couldn't say anything about the horrible human Kariya is deep inside, which only shows me how you ignorantly and selectively you judge.

This is no longer a discussion. You have your own opinion and you won't change it anyway. Any further posts are a waste of both our time.
CapsuleCoreJun 15, 2014 2:59 PM
Jun 15, 2014 2:55 PM

Aug 2009
I dont see how Kariya is a horrible human being.

As for Aoi, voicing her own opinion would be enough. From her actions and words to Kariya it seems like she didnt even do that.
Jun 15, 2014 3:08 PM

Sep 2013
He shows very ugly human sides deep in his heart. Well-minded and selfless on one side, very humanly jealous and burning hatred on the other side. That other part makes him horrible. Perhaps I used too harsh words.

We don't know how much Aoi discussed things with Tokiomi. Fate/Zero Material gives information about how Aoi and Tokiomi can think alike to a certain degree, which is why she likes and married him. She is of course shocked about Tokiomi's decision, but because she can partially understand it, she didn't resist. Aoi sadly fits the traditional Yamoto Nadeshiko ideal too much.

Let's say she didn't openly voice her opinion, passiveness is perhaps not a very good trait, though it wouldn't have changed the situation at all. It's debatable how much Tokiomi liked this decision either.
Jun 15, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2009
Very justified feelings.
Imagine that the husband of the woman you loved(and quietly gave up on her because you thought it was for the best) was separated by one of her children.
That child was also adopted by a freak you know very well. Add to this mental instability and a VERY provoking husband(for this argument only I will accept that Tokiomi really cared about them as children and his words were just a mask for whatever reason.).

Kariya sees someone that has everything he ever wanted but throws them away treating them as objects for his own magi goal.

I am not saying that it would change anything. But it would make her seem better.
Jun 15, 2014 3:46 PM

Sep 2013
Very justified feelings.

They are. But they are still very ugly. Tokiomi's words sound extremely provoking, but I had the feeling Urobuchi intentionally wrote it in a way anyone would easily misinterpret the "my wife's womb was too bountiful" part. The LN doesn't help in this part, since this section was written from Kariya's perspective.

This reminds me a bit of that dumb scene from Fate in which Taiga tells Shirou that Ayako was molested and she ran away. Shirou then says something like "Huh, I see, even Mitsuzuri is weak against molesters. I guess that's good. It's impossible to teach her femininity unless something like this happens." What he says sounds extremely sexist (and it really is) although he only wanted to say that running away is feminine, not that she needs to receive some good old raping.

Btw, I found his short conversation with Aoi a bit hilarious, when she found Tokiomi dead before Kariya's feet.

Aoi: "Kariya, why did you kill Tokiomi?"
Kariya: "It's all his fault! I thought you would be happy!"

Sure, he doesn't think correctly anymore, but saying anything else but this would have been better.

I am not saying that it would change anything. But it would make her seem better.

Maybe. Probably. It's not easy for people to open up. I still wouldn't say she automatically loses her right to be a mother just because of this though. souledge94 sounds like he wants to say Aoi can actually really change anything.

I am defending Tokiomi and Aoi, just as I would defend Kariya... all of them to a certain point. I would do the same for Kirei, Kiritsugu and Angra Mainyu. I just can't stand people who completely paint one person white and the other black, and then completely ignore the facts I throw in to relativize this.

It is good that Tokiomi died (or disappeared, if he had won when he reached Akasha), seeing how he would have badly influenced Rin. Kariya saving Sakura would also have been ideal, but in the end he made things only worse for both Rin and Sakura and of course Aoi.
CapsuleCoreJun 15, 2014 4:13 PM
Jun 15, 2014 4:10 PM

Aug 2009
C-Core said:
Kariya saving Sakura would also have been ideal,

You mean if the grail wasnt corrupted and Zouken actually kept his word.
C-Core said:

but in the end he made things only worse for both Rin and Sakura.

Debatable for both.
With Aoi at least Rin may had a better life, but we dont know if she would raise her just like Tokiomi would.Not because she wants that but because that's what he would do.She may had a more normal life,be the same or worse.

Kariya's death made her finally accept her "fate".She would probably suffer even more without that.
Jun 15, 2014 4:29 PM

Sep 2013
You mean if the grail wasnt corrupted and Zouken actually kept his word.

Well, yes. I also see no real reason why Zouken would want to keep Sakura besides for the evulz, if he had achieved true immortality, which was certainly possible with Heaven's Feel. I wonder what Alaya would have done to stop Angra Mainyu from killing everyone.

With Aoi at least Rin may had a better life, but we dont know if she would raise her just like Tokiomi would.

Hm, rather difficult matter and we won't have a definite answer anyway. I personally don't think she would have done very much because Kirei was supposed to mentor and take care of Rin, according to Tokiomi's last wish and will, so it would have turned out the same in my opinion. Aoi and her own family on the other hand were merely relapsed magi. Maybe Aoi could have stopped Kirei from systematically destroying the Tohsakas' fortune, though.

Kariya's death made her finally accept her "fate".She would probably suffer even more without that.

Well, one could see it this way. This is still too cruel, though. Kariya gave her false hope and his pitiful death in front of her eyes crushed that hope.
CapsuleCoreJun 15, 2014 4:46 PM
Jun 15, 2014 4:46 PM

Aug 2009
C-Core said:

Btw, I found his short conversation with Aoi a bit hilarious, when she found Tokiomi dead before Kariya's feet.

Aoi: "Kariya, why did you kill Tokiomi?"
Kariya: "It's all his fault! I thought you would be happy!"

"It's not like that"
I really want to know the reasoning of the unstable Kariya for this kind of line...I mean he WAS planning to kill him and he made sure to pass the message "I will kill him" to Aoi, so what exactly was he planning to do say to her IF Tokiomi really had died at his hands?
Jun 15, 2014 4:49 PM

Aug 2009
C-Core said:
I wonder what Alaya would have done to stop Angra Mainyu from killing everyone.

It would probably sent CGs to kill anyone that had a chance to get the grail and actually make a wish(unlike Kerry).
Jun 15, 2014 8:57 PM
Jun 2013
C-Core said:
The anime showed me how crappy these parents are.

And I am telling you that there is a deeper meaning behind their act.

Sure, you simply voice your opinion. That is your right.

However, you don't consider other people's/societies' values and outright dismiss Aoi as someone 'who doesn't deserve to call herself a mother'. Don't look at people using your own standards. See beyond your own nose.

You probably didn't even read my wall of text or else you wouldn't have missed the part where I said that of course Aoi can't do anything. You wouldn't be able to do anything in her position either. People who give away their children for adoption are usually not allowed to see their children again anyway. At least that is a very common case in Japan and in many other countries, I bet you didn't know that either.

You also couldn't say anything about the horrible human Kariya is deep inside, which only shows me how you ignorantly and selectively you judge.

This is no longer a discussion. You have your own opinion and you won't change it anyway. Any further posts are a waste of both our time.

Kariya a horrible human beign yea we cant see eye to eye at all espcially with that comment.Hes far from horrible.What kind of mother would give up their kid with no problem like that.Do something raise your voice.From what I got from the show shes the type of wife whos subservient and will do whatever the husband ask even if its that.I cant show any pity for that women and defently not for that husband of hers.I guess well just leave it at that since as you said going on wont change our views.
Jun 15, 2014 9:02 PM
Jun 2013
I didint know Kiritsugu dies at the end of the episode.I was curious about how he dies so I looked it up and it says when hes looking at the moon is when he kicks the bucket.I just thought he closed his eyes for that second since the camra pans away.
Jun 16, 2014 6:34 AM

Sep 2013
souledge94 said:
Kariya a horrible human beign yea we cant see eye to eye at all espcially with that comment.Hes far from horrible

You should read or remember more than a single comment, because I already explained that he has a very horrible jealous side. I give him partially credit for his selfless try to save Sakura, but this has a very selfish background. You paint Kariya white, I paint him grey. He never considered the fact that Aoi still loved Tokiomi or that she approved of his decision to give Sakura away.

Kariya jumped to conclusions and decided to take things on his own, namely to get rid of Tokiomi and play the hero for Aoi. When she asked him why he killed Tokiomi, he stuttered ridiculous things to Aoi.

What kind of mother would give up their kid with no problem like that.

See, you didn't even notice that she actually has a problem with that. Of course she does. She confronts Kariya visibly hurt and full of anger, because the Matou supposedly took away both Sakura and Tokiomi. She doesn't want to lose Sakura, but this was something that had to happen if Sakura wants to live her life a bit longer, so she accepted Tokiomi's decision. All this time Aoi was suppressing her emotions, something Kariya actually noticed, though he read too much into her silence.
CapsuleCoreJun 16, 2014 6:55 AM
Jun 22, 2014 12:54 AM

Jun 2013
hmm just finished it i didn't understood the ending grail was fake? why he ordered saber to destroy it how gilgamesh resurrected and why everyone died and exploded,what happened to ilya sorry i really didn't catch up,was it all Kariyas illusion about rin and sakura?
Jun 22, 2014 2:27 AM

Aug 2009
AliasAngel said:
hmm just finished it i didn't understood the ending grail was fake? why he ordered saber to destroy it how gilgamesh resurrected and why everyone died and exploded,what happened to ilya sorry i really didn't catch up,was it all Kariyas illusion about rin and sakura?

The grail wasnt fake it really existed.
Because Kerry didnt want to go on a boat trip.
Gilgamesh resurrected because he is too fabulous.
Because Urobuchi is the writer.
Ilya got seven very very large things put into her and became a magical girl.
No it was another world.

Sorry I cant do this anymore.. Not only were two eps totally missed so was the entire thread.
ssjokgJun 22, 2014 2:32 AM
Jun 22, 2014 4:16 AM

Jun 2013
Sounds really unprofessional
just going 52 pages really tiring also there is fate night spoilers,and i haven't seen it yet.
Jun 22, 2014 4:46 AM

Sep 2013
Since ssjokg can no longer do this anymore, I'll quickly do it.

AliasAngel said:
hmm just finished it i didn't understood the ending grail was fake? why he ordered saber to destroy it

It's not the omnipotent wishing machine Kiritsugu hoped it was. Furthermore, it was corrupted. If he had made his wish to "save the world" all humans would have died, except for Kiritsugu, Ilya and Iri... unless the Counter Force had acted to stop this from happening. This was explained in the episode before.

AliasAngel said:
how gilgamesh resurrected

Granted, the anime left that part out, but ssjokg isn't kidding. Gilgamesh resisted the corruption of the Grail because it's Gilgamesh. All the world's evil cannot stain the absolute king, who rules over the world. The Grail threw him out and Gil gained true incarnation.

AliasAngel said:
and why everyone died and exploded

I have no idea what you mean, since I don't remember anyone exploding and not everyone died. But I'll go along with ssjokg and say because it's Urobuchi.

AliasAngel said:
what happened to ilya sorry i really didn't catch up

Kiritsugu wanted to free her because if Iri and Kiritsugu fail, she will be the next in line to participate in the Grail War. He couldn't because his magecraft was slowly getting weaker after being cursed by the Grail.

AliasAngel said:
was it all Kariyas illusion about rin and sakura?

Of course it was. Everyone who paid attention should know this.
Jun 22, 2014 5:20 AM

Aug 2009
AliasAngel said:
Sounds really unprofessional
just going 52 pages really tiring also there is fate night spoilers,and i haven't seen it yet.

The dream from the grail(and partly why why everyone died and exploded)and Kariya's delusions were "explained", although there was no need, in the last 3 pages.

From all that only Gil's resurrection wasnt explained at all
C-Core said:
Everyone who paid attention should know this.
Jun 22, 2014 5:27 AM

Jul 2007
C-Core said:
Since ssjokg can no longer do this anymore, I'll quickly do it.

AliasAngel said:
hmm just finished it i didn't understood the ending grail was fake? why he ordered saber to destroy it

It's not the omnipotent wishing machine Kiritsugu hoped it was. Furthermore, it was corrupted. If he had made his wish to "save the world" all humans would have died, except for Kiritsugu, Ilya and Iri... unless the Counter Force had acted to stop this from happening. This was explained in the episode before.

Not to mention the embodiment of evil would be walking down in earth.

Isn't akasha-tied power > Gaia and Alaya? Unless bunch of CG's jump in to slice Kerry apart as he makes the wish, I don't see anything apart from red shadow stopping it and that thing apparently gives no fucks unless you go to the akasha directly. I don't see how any sort of grail-wish success could lead to anything but calling in other types and angel notes-esque situation.

This explains PRETTY WELL how Grail Wishes work

C-Core said:

AliasAngel said:
how gilgamesh resurrected

Granted, the anime left that part out, but ssjokg isn't kidding. Gilgamesh resisted the corruption of the Grail because it's Gilgamesh. All the world's evil cannot stain the absolute king, who rules over the world. The Grail threw him out and Gil gained true incarnation.

To be exact - Gil survived because he is an egoistic prick.
He has so much "I" in him that Grail-kun is unable to erase it.

C-Core said:

AliasAngel said:
and why everyone died and exploded

I have no idea what you mean, since I don't remember anyone exploding and not everyone died. But I'll go along with ssjokg and say because it's Urobuchi.

I am thinking he/she means the fire.

Blame Kerry and Kirei for that. And Iris.

Iris dying feelings + Kirei's "wish" + Kerry fucking up and ordering to destroy the WRONG PART of the grail = town flooded with shit deadlier than lava.

AliasAngel said:
what happened to ilya sorry i really didn't catch up

Kiritsugu wanted to free her because if Iri and Kiritsugu fail, she will be the next in line to participate in the Grail War. He couldn't because his magecraft was slowly getting weaker after being cursed by the Grail.

And what exactly happens to her is told in the actual FSN storylines.
C-Core said:

AliasAngel said:
was it all Kariyas illusion about rin and sakura?

Of course it was. Everyone who paid attention should know this.

To be exact - Kariya being wormfood and Sakura chiding him for his foolishness was not illusion.
Happy go lucky park scene was a hallucination/illusion.
AhenshihaelJun 22, 2014 5:37 AM
Jun 22, 2014 6:00 AM

Sep 2013
Fai said:
Isn't akasha-tied power > Gaia and Alaya? Unless bunch of CG's jump in to slice Kerry apart as he makes the wish, I don't see anything apart from red shadow stopping it and that thing apparently gives no fucks unless you go to the akasha directly. I don't see how any sort of grail-wish success could lead to anything but calling in other types and angel notes-esque situation.

The Grail is a weapon full of mana, and Angra Mainyu only targets the humans. It's not even close to 「 」, so akasha-tied power isn't really the right way to say it (I know, I know, blabla, Heaven's Feel, Third Magic blablabla... What I'm saying is just because it's tied to Akasha doesn't mean it even comes close to its universe-rewriting power). I'm not really in the mood to discuss whether it can beat Gaia or Alaya, though I'll say that is not the case. Also, the Counter Force isn't just some Counter Guardians, it takes many forms. And Nasu's answer regarding this matter was something like "the threat wasn't at that stage yet, where mankind is endangered enough for Alaya to act", but he left it open whether the Counter Force already influenced things.

To be exact - Gil survived because he is an egoistic prick.
He has so much "I" in him that Grail-kun is unable to erase it.

That's one way to say it. I wasn't exactly wrong, though.

Fai said:
And what exactly happens to her is told in the actual FSN storylines.
He said he didn't watch FSN yet, so I intentionally left that out. It seemed tactless to me to take away the surprise, even if my answer already suggested she will show up in FSN.

Fai said:
I am thinking he/she means the fire.
[..]
To be exact - Kariya being wormfood and Sakura chiding him for his foolishness was not illusion.

Oh come on. His questions were neither detailed nor specific, so I opted to do the same and I didn't have the nerve for answering this in detail anymore. What was illusion and what was not was pretty clear in both novel and anime.
CapsuleCoreJun 22, 2014 6:27 AM
Jun 22, 2014 7:27 AM

Jul 2007
C-Core said:
Fai said:

The Grail is a weapon full of mana, and Angra Mainyu only targets the humans. It's not even close to 「 」, so akasha-tied power isn't really the right way to say it (I know, I know, blabla, Heaven's Feel, Third Magic blablabla... What I'm saying is just because it's tied to Akasha doesn't mean it even comes close to its universe-rewriting power). I'm not really in the mood to discuss whether it can beat Gaia or Alaya, though I'll say that is not the case. Also, the Counter Force isn't just some Counter Guardians, it takes many forms. And Nasu's answer regarding this matter was something like "the threat wasn't at that stage yet, where mankind is endangered enough for Alaya to act", but he left it open whether the Counter Force already influenced things.

I know but it all depends on the HOW. How exactly would be the wish fulfilled? WOuld humans just be erased, would grail simply summon armies of servants to do that work or would random humans find themselves being stabbed with kitchen knives? Would grail somehow target something that stood in the way of the process, even if its not human? ETc.

Would destroying grail system stop the wish and so on.

Depending on that, depends on what would happen with CF.

As for Alaya interference, (fsn spoilers)
Jun 22, 2014 7:30 AM

Nov 2013
Wow I'm thinking that once F/SN 2014 airs we will end up arguing with each other instead of clearing things up for newbies xD
Jun 22, 2014 7:32 AM

Jul 2007
Botato said:
Wow I'm thinking that once F/SN 2014 airs we will end up arguing with each other instead of clearing things up for newbies xD

Better that than raging at horrible inconsistencies and anime-original decisions.

worst fear being the fsn remake being yet another case of saint seiya omega
Jun 22, 2014 7:34 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
Botato said:

Better that than raging at horrible inconsistencies and anime-original decisions.

I don't get why you're so nervous about anime original screw ups. Nasu is writing it isn't he?
Even if they go with a completely original story line, it will still make sense and fit within the established rules of Nasuverse. And it will be good.
Jun 22, 2014 7:51 AM

Jul 2007
Botato said:
Fai said:

I don't get why you're so nervous about anime original screw ups. Nasu is writing it isn't he?
Even if they go with a completely original story line, it will still make sense and fit within the established rules of Nasuverse. And it will be good.

The original mangaka also gave her opinions to those who created SS Omega. Didnot change the fact that it turned out to be a huge rape of a good fighting shonen genre franchise.

Unless its Mind of Steel trolling, original storyline WILL equal a trainwreck.
Jun 22, 2014 8:07 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
The original mangaka also gave her opinions to those who created SS Omega. Didnot change the fact that it turned out to be a huge rape of a good fighting shonen genre franchise.

Wait, unless I got that wrong, Nasu is WRITING it not just giving his opinion.. right?
So it's like a new entry/timeline in the Fate/ franchise. Why would you instantly dismiss it as a trainwreck?

Edit:
Anyway, to keep this on topic, someone should make a thread explaining what happened in the ending (in spoilers of course) with a little FAQ kind of thing answering the questions that keep getting asked. And also, because why the hell not, exactly what was cut out from the novel.

This way we can just easily link new people to it instead of repeating the same stuff every time and also we can argue over Nasuverse stuff in the ending as much as we want there.
BotatoJun 22, 2014 8:24 AM
Jun 22, 2014 9:27 AM

Jun 2013
Thanks love you all :>
Jun 22, 2014 11:03 AM

Jul 2007
Botato said:
Fai said:

Wait, unless I got that wrong, Nasu is WRITING it not just giving his opinion.. right?
So it's like a new entry/timeline in the Fate/ franchise. Why would you instantly dismiss it as a trainwreck?

Edit:
Anyway, to keep this on topic, someone should make a thread explaining what happened in the ending (in spoilers of course) with a little FAQ kind of thing answering the questions that keep getting asked. And also, because why the hell not, exactly what was cut out from the novel.

This way we can just easily link new people to it instead of repeating the same stuff every time and also we can argue over Nasuverse stuff in the ending as much as we want there.

He is not writing it. He is providing advice in the episode writing sessions and sharing new information.
Jun 22, 2014 11:11 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
He is not writing it. He is providing advice in the episode writing sessions and sharing new information.
Oh god ._.
Jul 1, 2014 1:48 PM

Feb 2013
A pretty good show although it was a little confusing at times. I'll re-watch this before the Stay Night remake comes out this year.

8/10
Jul 5, 2014 4:15 PM

Jul 2013
Botato said:
Fai said:

Edit:

uh, wait a sec. i thought they are animating the third route of Fate Stay Night VN, Heavens Feel? it would also make sense with what happend to sakura...
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jul 5, 2014 4:19 PM

Aug 2009
Urek said:
Botato said:

Edit:

uh, wait a sec. i thought they are animating the third route of Fate Stay Night VN, Heavens Feel? it would also make sense with what happend to sakura...

We dont know yet.
Jul 5, 2014 4:33 PM

Nov 2013
Urek said:
Botato said:

Edit:

Oh ffs...
Thanks ssjokg and Forgetfulness.

Sigh -_-
Jul 29, 2014 3:58 AM

Sep 2013
It was great, but not the ending I desired. I kinda wished the author changed the ending and finished the series here. But now I have to wait for fate/stay night (2014).

I feel very bad for Kiritsugu, he had his reasons to kill people. He's naive, but I really cared for him. I feel bad for Iris and the daughter. The family stuff really touches me heart. Not to sound like a softy, but it's the truth.

I was hoping for a good happy ending. Overall, it was a great series. It's a bit hard to comprehend the story but it all comes together if you really pay attention aha. I recommend to the people who don't watch anime because it's very entertaining.

9/10
eunoia33Jul 29, 2014 5:20 PM

Jul 29, 2014 4:24 AM

Nov 2013
zachfoss said:
It was great, but not the ending I desired. I kinda wished the author changed the ending and finished the series here. But now I have to wait for fate/stay night. (ugh)
Except that Fate/ Stay Night was written before Fate/Zero.
Jul 29, 2014 5:35 AM

Jul 2007
Botato said:
zachfoss said:
It was great, but not the ending I desired. I kinda wished the author changed the ending and finished the series here. But now I have to wait for fate/stay night. (ugh)
Except that Fate/ Stay Night was written before Fate/Zero.

^
this.

By the time the light novel came out, its readers already knew how this all will end and how FSN visual novel ends.

Its like expecting Sauron to die in hobbit movies.
Aug 1, 2014 4:31 AM

Aug 2009
Rikudo95 said:
So what exactly is kiritsugus wish? To save the world by ending all those endless wars and deaths or to be with his family Ilya and Irisviel? Or was that Iris wish? Im a bit confused >.>
That was a really great anime..im really excited now about the new fate/stay night

Kiritsugu's life long wish is to bring world peace.Being with his family is a new wish that unfortunately for him, contradicts his entire life.
He cant have both , and although he could have saved his family, or at least thats what Avenger was telling him, it would mean the annihilation of everyone else.

Iri's true wish is to save Ilya from a fate similar to hers.
Pages (27) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Yesterday, 4:02 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.