Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 24, 2012 3:09 PM

Nov 2009
Everyone of the cast apart from Ritsu made me drop K-ON!!
May 24, 2012 3:12 PM

Dec 2011
Mahiro of Haiyore Nyaruko-San
May 24, 2012 3:16 PM

Nov 2011
Mizuki from ef - melodies almost made me drop
May 24, 2012 3:29 PM

Jun 2008
Dropping an anime for one character that isn't a main character sounds pretty bad. just sayin'.

That said, I almost dropped myself;yourself because that glasses girl had the MOST ANNOYING VOICE EVER. It's insane, I've never encountered any other character since or before that was that annoying.

Then I stomached it because she wasn't a main character but overall the story was mediocre at best.

But most of the time I drop anime because it's uninteresting, not because it only has shitty characters, although that certainly contributes to it.
May 24, 2012 8:35 PM

Aug 2009
mitch3315 said:
Yamada, Satou, and Souma made me drop Working!!
Shizuo made me drop Durarara!!

I am very curious how Satou and Souma made you drop working :o

Also, I was about to say if you dropped Working becuz of Souma how didnt you drop Durarara becuase of Izaya ( since to me they have similar characteristics)
[right]

May 24, 2012 9:03 PM

Sep 2011
Shuffle! - Asa.

AWW YEAH

May 24, 2012 9:06 PM

May 2012
Sakura's annoying style made me dropped out Naruto
May 24, 2012 9:19 PM

May 2009
Haitah said:
Mami_Tomoe said:
Well the main character in Mirai Nikki does start out a bit uninteresting compared to everyone else but he gets better later on and actually becomes really how you say believable if that makes any sense. It's just that Gasai Yuno happens to have been conceived by gods of awesomeness since she's actually able to carry the main character on her back and make up for the fact that he's not that interesting early on anyway. I think they were going for the dichotomy of Yukiteru being an ordinary character everybody else being odd and interesting so I suppose it works on that level. But that's just my opinion.

Indeed, that's a good way to put the main character from Mirai Nikki.
In general, I loved that anime though :D --
On Topic:
I've never dropped a anime due to a character if the anime has another character to make up for it. (Either way, I still haven't dropped a anime due to a character anyways, it's usually something to do with the story or so-and-so.)

Yeah, I'm only 4 episodes into mirai nikki but yuki doesn't bother me at all. When people start killing each other and he gets a dairy that predicts the future, he's obviously shocked and distressed. It's like everyone expects a male lead to be of the headstrong impulsive shounen jump variety. Also someone made an interesting point that if characters like yuki (he used shinji in the example) were moeblob females, nobody would have a problem with them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2012 9:56 PM

May 2011
Pickles from Bobobobo. He was so annoying and didn't deserve to go on the journey with Beauty and Bobo yet still followed them around. I couldn't stand his annoying comments about wanting to belong.
May 24, 2012 9:57 PM

Jun 2010
sarahsillysloth said:
Pickles from Bobobobo. He was so annoying and didn't deserve to go on the journey with Beauty and Bobo yet still followed them around. I couldn't stand his annoying comments about wanting to belong.

I disagree completely.
He really could have brought that special something to the show but now we will never know because he never got the chance to travel with them.
May 24, 2012 10:00 PM

May 2011
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.
He really could have brought that special something to the show but now we will never know because he never got the chance to travel with them.
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.

I see where your going but the point is he didn't even look like a pickle he looked like a dried up potato chip. What could he have brought to the team: annoying comments and useless hope. We already have Don patch to provide us with those services and therefore pickles was written off for his annoying aurora.
May 24, 2012 10:01 PM

Jun 2010
sarahsillysloth said:
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.

I see where your going but the point is he didn't even look like a pickle he looked like a dried up potato chip. What could he have brought to the team: annoying comments and useless hope. We already have Don patch to provide us with those services and therefore pickles was written off for his annoying aurora.

He was a misunderstood character that everyone could relate to.
The sense of rejection, the need to fit in.
But like I said before, we never really will know what pickles could have done with the show.
It could have been great.
May 24, 2012 10:08 PM

May 2011
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.

But like I said before, we never really will know what pickles could have done with the show.
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.

I see where your going but pickles lacked an essential to the show... hair.
The whole purpose was to hunt down hair thieves to stop the stealing of hair yet all pickles did was stand behind a bush in the first episode and sigh when we found out bobobo defeated the enemy.
Yes pickles was misunderstood but maybe if he had made more of an effort to reach out to bobobo instead of waiting on beauty to do so maybe he would have deserved to go on the journey.
Besides who wants a dried up potato chip anyways?
May 24, 2012 10:10 PM

Jun 2010
sarahsillysloth said:
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.

Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.

The whole purpose was to hunt down hair thieves to stop the stealing of hair yet all pickles did was stand behind a bush in the first episode and sigh when we found out bobobo defeated the enemy.
Yes pickles was misunderstood but maybe if he had made more of an effort to reach out to bobobo instead of waiting on beauty to do so maybe he would have deserved to go on the journey.

Uhhh Jelly Jiggler has no hair, Don Patch has no hair, that guy with the ice cream head has no hair.
Your argument is invalid.
May 24, 2012 10:12 PM

Jun 2009
Nyaruko
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2012 10:13 PM

May 2011
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.

Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.

Uhhh Jelly Jiggler has no hair, Don Patch has no hair, that guy with the ice cream head has no hair.

this is true but at least they bring the element of randomness to the show.
pickles was just not meant to be, and we will never know his true potential than what it was.
May 24, 2012 10:16 PM

Jun 2010
sarahsillysloth said:
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.

Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.
Parasprite said:
sarahsillysloth said:

I disagree completely.

this is true but at least they bring the element of randomness to the show.
pickles was just not meant to be, and we will never know his true potential than what it was.

He could have brought just as much randomness to the show as anyone else.
I'm not sure how he was so different.
May 24, 2012 11:24 PM

Jun 2009
Come on guys if you have to quote two pages worth of crap in order to write two lines, at least spoiler tag it.
May 24, 2012 11:58 PM

Mar 2009
grandy_UiD said:
Come on guys if you have to quote two pages worth of crap in order to write two lines, at least spoiler tag it.

Seconding this~
May 25, 2012 2:28 AM

Jan 2012
too much quote spam in this thread
May 25, 2012 4:28 AM

May 2010
-Everyone in Jubei-chan S2.

-Kagome Higurashi, Shippo, Naraku, Kagura, and Miroku of Inuyasha.

-Kira Yamato, Shinn Asuka, Meer Campbell, Rey Za Burrell, and Yuna Roma Seiran of Gundam SEED Destiny.

-Chibi Usa of Sailor Moon SuperS.
May 25, 2012 5:16 AM
Aug 2011
glitchhunter said:
grandy_UiD said:

Seconding this~
renders said:
too much quote spam in this thread

Guilty Crown - I dropped this just now after watching episode 1 - 4 and the Recap episode.
Shu is annoying and all those reviews I read that said how bad it was, made him seem even worse.
May 25, 2012 5:25 AM

Apr 2012
Please: STOP QUOTING (just put the name of the user at least...)

About something that's been said, I agree with tachi about the glassed girl in Myself Yourself, her voice like if you catch a cat and start striking it (like the Holy Grial of Monty Phyton's film)

About Mirai Nikki, If you get a diary that can predict your own future, the first thing you do is go to a bet house, or at least not being so pussy...There are characters that are not brave but intelligent, there are characters that are brave but no intelligent, there are characters that are both (strange thing by the way) and after is this guy, who's a coward and an idiot, that only gets goods mark because of his "future diary". Oh my god, seriously, the power to predict your future and only uses it to avoid bullying (I was kinda surprise about it, the series put in a normal place to be bullied because of your good marks in an exam) and to get better marks...seriously, I hate this character...After you there is a yandere who is the idol of the school, ok this seems a lot of difficult to solve, but even with that, he is just a pussy.

@kanon-chan, I did hate Seed Destiny casting, but only for Asuka and for Campbell: Kira Yamato and of course my favourite character and his lover, Lacus Clyne are well set up...I love the character than he got of cinism, you can imagine a soldier who risks his own life, and return home with his lover after have lost a lot of friends (his master, his ex-lover (with awaken feelings for him and his for her)...and after passing through a hell with the two races reconciliated, he has to pass over it again...If i were he, I'd act exactly like him, for me he was a real hero...

I've just thought and I couldnt pass over Gundam 00, they were like...non human characters, less the false pair and his sister (how bad they were characterised)...
The main is an idiot who only seeks for revenge,and is not awesome and anything...if you compare him with for example Yamato, is a 0.
May 25, 2012 6:29 AM

Mar 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Guilty Crown - I dropped this just now after watching episode 1 - 4 and the Recap episode.
Shu is annoying and all those reviews I read that said how bad it was, made him seem even worse.

Yes, I agree that Shoe was an awful character. I dropped this one too, though because all of the characters sucked and the plot was awful.
May 25, 2012 6:33 AM

May 2010
@kentick-I just found Kira Yamato in GSD to be self-righteous in his way of thinking and it felt like he and Lacus and those who agreed with their beliefs were always in the right and everyone else is in the wrong. As far as his character is concerned, I don't find him extremely admirable. True he has gone through a lot, I can understand that, but there are other characters I know of that have gone through the similar experiences or those under different circumstances, but are better characters than Kira in whom I find admirable, such as Gundam X's Garrod Ran who spent most of his life in a post-war world alone without any family growing up and fending for himself doing whatever job he could get to survive, developing his skills as a pilot, finding his place as part of Jamil Neate's crew, doing whatever he can to protect his love interest Tiffa Adill and their comrades with his own power, and he develops quite well into a fine young hero worth admiring, while maintaining his good natured personality.
May 25, 2012 6:38 AM

Oct 2010
highschool dxd - Asia something shit that fitch pissed the hell out of me
lots of music -
May 25, 2012 6:46 AM
May 2010
The guys from Green Green NEARLY made me drop it, nfi why I did not. That was back before I started dropping anime. The 'friends' from Maison Ikkoku very nearly made me drop it was well, though again I persisted. Those are the closest I have come to dropping a show specifically because of characters.
Worships Asparagus.
May 25, 2012 7:05 AM
Jan 2012
kanon-chan said:

-Chibi Usa of Sailor Moon SuperS.

I haven't watched all of SuperS subbed yet, but everyone seems to absolutely hate her. I think she's alright in previous seasons, but practically takes up the entire seasons here. Like she's a main focus of attention. Which is just stupid.
May 25, 2012 8:31 AM

Feb 2012
Abel Nightroad from Trinity Blood. I really need a strong main character or at least brilliant art or plot to keep me in tension while watching anime.
But Abel is such a dumbass. I just couldn't take it.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 25, 2012 8:31 AM

Jul 2007
I can't get myself to watch what I'm missing of Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima, either finish Toradora, those over-tsundere got my nerves off (and I like tsunderes, just not the URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI type). Also having the same voice actress for all of them doesn't help me.
May 25, 2012 9:33 AM

Oct 2008
Tazusa Sakurano from Ginban Kaleidoscope
Karin from Karin/Chibi Vampire
Nina from Mamotte! Lollipop
Mikoto and Yuki from Over Drive
Zetsubou-sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Hikari from Special A
May 25, 2012 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
Every character from Gantz.
May 25, 2012 11:04 AM

Jan 2011
I dropped Fairy Tail because I just couldn't manage to like any of the characters and watching long series when you're not attached to any character is a pain.

Every character from most ecchi I've seen. Who needs personality when you have boobs and a short skirt (or a harem).
May 25, 2012 11:48 AM

Aug 2009
Started trying to watch Tsuritama but Haru is tempting me to drop.
[right]

May 27, 2012 10:23 PM

Jan 2010
Tsunderes.

I avoid watching anime with tsundere female character in it.
May 28, 2012 1:45 AM

Jan 2008
Most recently, it was Mahiru from Kamisama Dolls. She appeared just three episodes before the end, but after watching only one episode of her being an insufferable bitch, I couldn't watch any more episodes with her in it.

Also, in general whenever there is an overly violent bitchy tsundere character, she often makes me drop the show unless there is something else keeping me in it.
May 28, 2012 4:41 AM
May 2012
makoto itou of school days
nagase junichi of akane-iro ni somaru saka
karin of karin
characters of r-15 - i don't know why but it's first episode was too boring
characters of shukufuku no campanella - i don't know why ??
souichirou nagi of tenjou tenge
May 28, 2012 9:14 PM

Sep 2009
CCCrazyFangirl said:
Tsunderes.

I avoid watching anime with tsundere female character in it.

This. I always try to stick it out with tsundere series if I'm ever unfortunate enough to start one, but they always make it so hard for me to make it through each episode. xP
May 28, 2012 9:40 PM

Jun 2008
kentick said:

About Mirai Nikki, If you get a diary that can predict your own future, the first thing you do is go to a bet house, or at least not being so pussy...There are characters that are not brave but intelligent, there are characters that are brave but no intelligent, there are characters that are both (strange thing by the way) and after is this guy, who's a coward and an idiot, that only gets goods mark because of his "future diary". Oh my god, seriously, the power to predict your future and only uses it to avoid bullying (I was kinda surprise about it, the series put in a normal place to be bullied because of your good marks in an exam) and to get better marks...seriously, I hate this character...After you there is a yandere who is the idol of the school, ok this seems a lot of difficult to solve, but even with that, he is just a pussy.
Unless the guy is a genius, which he isn't, then he'd use the diary like any normal kid would do. I say genius, because he'll likely get caught in your bet house suggestion, then they'd steal his phone, use it instead. Actually, I was surprised the teacher didn't catch him cheating. It should be pretty easy since the guy was doing an awful job at trying to be discrete. It's ridiculously easy to criticize others for their action in an impossibly hypothetical scenario, but when it came down to it, his actions are not really that unrealistic. Annoying for you, maybe, but plausible.

What was hilarious was that he could drive. That was some lolwat material since there was never any preamble that he could do so. Yet he drives like a pro in one of those action film car chases. :/
May 28, 2012 9:42 PM

Oct 2011
Kira Yamato-Gundam Seed
May 28, 2012 10:31 PM

Feb 2012
Shirou from Fate/ Stay Night
May 29, 2012 9:51 AM

Sep 2010
Characters that made you drop anime

None.
The topic doesn't make sense to me.

May 29, 2012 9:54 AM

May 2011
Naruto from naruto u.u
''I was dead serious''

Jul 1, 2012 9:55 AM

May 2012
Jaden Yuki made me drop watching YGO GX.
WICHTIGE UMFRAGE zum Thema Anime/Manga/Japan/...
http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/umfragen/85928/
Bitte macht mit, falls ihr es noch nicht getan habt.
DANKE! ^^
Jul 1, 2012 10:36 AM

Oct 2011
Almost all the characters from Shakugan no Shana S2 besides Shana.
Their personalities are just boring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2012 10:50 AM

Feb 2012
Haru from Accel World.

Couldn't stand seeing a fat blob 1/4 the size of other characters while the other characters are normal. Also couldn't stand the fact that this blob somehow became a love interest. I wouldn't mind it as much if Accel World didn't take itself seriously and was a highschool comedy where fat blobs were the norm, but sadly that's not the case.
Jul 1, 2012 10:53 AM

Aug 2011
Every Character in Gundam SD Force!
Jul 1, 2012 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
naruto becease of naruto.
one piece because of the main characters in the first episode.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 1, 2012 11:08 AM

Apr 2012
Watanuki - xxxHolic
Luffy, Usopp, Chopper - One Piece
Kintaro - Golden Boy
Desert Punk - Desert Punk
Jul 1, 2012 11:13 AM
Jul 2012
Serena Tsukino=sailor moon

I do like the series, but it was way to much focus on her and her happiness, and the other scouts were left just to be her servants.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best official subs for og Naruto?

TheQuench - 50 minutes ago

1 by Pipbusy »»
13 seconds ago

» Why do some people watch anime in 1.5x or 2x speed?

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

13 by Pipbusy »»
4 minutes ago

» What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime?

Dragevard - 33 minutes ago

5 by WesternSiren »»
11 minutes ago

» Does seinen anime focus on other things besides ultra manliness?

fallout45 - 10 hours ago

36 by LostSpectre »»
22 minutes ago

» What are the modern beginner-friendly Anime for each genre?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

4 by Dragevard »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.