Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2008 10:00 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, as expected the end kind of didnt go as smooth as it should have.

I mean seriously... "lets follow the helicopter with my car!"
But no matter how rediculous it was. The end result of the chase was pretty awesome. It even had a cliche' climax with the doctor >_<

But its hilarious how he still can joke around even though he almost ruined everything. Overall the experience was fun at best. Not memorable or realistic, but fun.

6/10 overall

3/5 for the episode.

...i didnt know cellphones worked even after being submerged in water.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Sep 22, 2008 6:33 PM

Oct 2007
Wow, seriously, that was a totally cliche episode xD.

5/10 overall.

Sep 22, 2008 9:22 PM

Jun 2007
lol I love how the bad guy just watches as the car is heading for the helicopter and doesn't change his expression or even attempt to jump and save himself.

I was expecting way more of an ending then this. The way everything happened just felt like a letdown.

Also what was he doc making in the end with the bullets? Bullets that can take out glass maidens or bullets that would turn you into one? It's hard to tell since he was dressed up as the bad guy lol.
Sep 23, 2008 1:08 AM

Dec 2007
Actually, chasing a helicopter with a car isn't that far fetched. Even though they are aircraft, helicopters are painfully slow compared to post-1920s airplanes. The highest speed ever achieved by a helicopter was a shade under 250 mph, and then, only on a relatively short dash (15 mile course). By comparison, cars with standard internal combustion engines have made it as high as 400 mph, and the 250 mph barrier was broken in 1932 (and for the record, that milestone was broken by conventional aircraft in 1923).
The helicopter is clearly from the Huey series (Bell 204, 205, 210, or 214). Most of those top 150 mph in a dash, and cruise at up to 130-145 depending on the variant. The fastest variants are only a shade above that, at 160 or so, which is still slower than many commercial sports cars (routinely 200+ mph). Few helicopters, civilian or otherwise, can exceed 180 mph without modification.
So yes, many sports cars can go faster than most helicopters. Seems somewhat strange, but actually true.

This concludes Erwin's brief segment on "interesting things you probably didn't know."

That said, it was indeed mostly cliched, with the exception of how quickly the actual conflict ended. They had much more aftermath than I expected (good thing), but at the cost of the first part being rather unsatisfying. And, Porilyn still steals the show.
Sep 23, 2008 11:21 AM

Aug 2008
What a lame ending to a briefly promsing, but woefully disappointing show. This was such a hack job for an ending, and they still managed to do an incompetent job of making it feel full.

2/5 for the episode
5/10 for the show
Sep 23, 2008 3:36 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Meh, it was bound to be lame. When I started this anime, I expected something more. 5/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 6, 2008 6:56 PM

Jun 2008
The ending was the expected one.

I know the entire series it's quite cliché, but it was still an enjoyable one. So... overall a 6 goes for fine. I don't have complaints :)

Also, LOL @ the doc and Monica dressed as the bad guys, that made my day haha
Oct 5, 2009 11:34 AM
Jul 2009
ending was expected, it came off a little lame, and it was a bit disappointing, but I don't think it is as bad as everyone says. I believe it deserves more credit than it gets. 7/10 is my overall score.

*Also, when the car flew into the helicopter, the man didn't even look scared, as he was about to die.

Funny how the doc and Monica dressed as the bad guys, I agree with Vinzalf.
Oct 29, 2009 3:55 PM

Feb 2009
Wasn't actualy that bad, it was interesting for a while, then it sort of died down, but I still enjoyed it.

I have to say though, the way chi-boss kept saying during the series that he 'hated guns,' I thought he has going to come out as some sort of weapon expert/marksman like porilyn, but I guess he's an expert driver instead.
Aug 29, 2010 4:06 PM

Dec 2008
wow, it was exactly the kind of cheesy and bad ending i was expecting. seriously, everything ended smoothly out of the blue, and manami and ayaka went back to their lives easily and supposedly are now content with that life out of the blue.
overall, the series was ok, entertaining, but the ending was just bad, imo >.<

...except for the doctor and nurse cosplaying as the bad guys, that was hilarious ;D
Nov 1, 2011 7:50 PM
Feb 2011
Must say the ending wasn't very good and show was only ok.

What made me mad is Akira's roll seemed nothing more then supporting. I think he was probably the best character out of them all. But he was nothing more then a replacement for Shu when he was away. Shu is a womanizing asshole for a good part of the show but everyone loved him? Wile Akira was smart and level headed. Hell Akira even took care of everyone else.

I would have shot the bad guys when I had the chance. Even in the last Ep they shot at the damn monster knowing it wasn't working wile the bad guy was standing there... BAKA!! damn anime never have an even closely to realistic or smart ending.
2/5 Ep
5/10 Show
Dec 21, 2011 7:49 PM

Sep 2010
The anime had a few good moments that kept me entertained, but it was mostly boring.

The only characters I really liked were Ayaka, Akira, and Porilyn.

lol Kito just staring at the car expressionless moments before he died. xD

5/10 for Crystal Blaze (or Glass Maiden) from me.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 18, 2012 12:13 AM

Nov 2011
Lol'd @ ending but overall, meh series although have to say that Sara is one hot and badass chick, can't deny that.
Apr 5, 2015 8:30 PM

Jun 2013
the show didn't explain why men can not touch Sara...

the series was not bad but was not good enough... nothing more than average
Nov 26, 2023 2:30 PM

Aug 2017
Well the episode was expected except for J.J's survival, they didn't give us any character background LOL, but the story overall is really good and the execution was less good,
I'll give it a 7, too bad the story had so much potential.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Crystal Blaze Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Aug 30, 2008

9 by Dekom »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Crystal Blaze Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 23, 2008

6 by Dekom »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:29 PM

Poll: » Crystal Blaze Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 11, 2008

7 by Dekom »»
Nov 23, 2023 2:49 PM

Poll: » Crystal Blaze Episode 8 Discussion

darkside099 - Jun 6, 2008

14 by Dekom »»
Nov 22, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Crystal Blaze Episode 7 Discussion

Faust721 - Jun 4, 2008

7 by Dekom »»
Nov 21, 2023 2:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.