Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Dec 22, 2016 9:11 AM

Nov 2016
Episode 08 - Hair Stand:

The beginning was something, and we get some fan service, Teshigawara seems to like Akazawa and Akazawa have some interest in Kouichi (she wanted to have Kouichi ride hers cars with her, but then she rides Kouichi car with him).

The hint is in the classroom, Nakao death was in the beach outside Yomiyama (so if the curse exist, it can happen anywhere).

Why do not they close the school better, or at least class 3? Why the students do not change schools? Families are not worried about them? They have not even asked questions about the recents deaths? have happened five deaths (Sakuragi, her mom, the nurse, Nakao, the boy with a heart condition) 3 students from a single class !! and seems like the families are not really that worried...why?

And now they probably are gonna blame Kouichi, when is the school that must respond, or even the authorities, but when they are?

4/5
ArakitoDec 22, 2016 9:22 AM
Feb 19, 2017 2:36 AM

Oct 2008
....Okai, this sh--crap was already boring af, then they decide to insert a beach episode? Like really? I don't care if they were taking this show seriously, or trying to make a purposely bad horror parody, but this is just awful.
Gonna fastforward the rest or just drop it now. -_-
Apr 17, 2017 7:53 AM

Oct 2015
The curse made people retarded and mad it seem. Holy fuck I guess there no escaping from it after all. If it was this easy, everyone would had done so.
May 2, 2017 6:02 AM

Apr 2015
That scene at the end tho...

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 8, 2017 2:06 PM
Apr 2017
Well that was great, but I am of course shocked at the death scene, but overall, a nice episode.
Sep 18, 2017 8:53 PM

May 2013
Already knew that splatter was gon be a watermelon lolol. You can't fool me, Another!!!!! XD

Ugh, isn't it obvious you SHOULDN'T go after the beach ball? Just buy another one, geez. You deserve to die if you fall for that obvious trap!!!!! D;>
Sep 24, 2017 12:45 PM
Feb 2017
So, 2 things here.

First: Why the hell did that kid swim out to sea that far to get a $2.00 beach ball. The logic behind that decision baffles me.

Second: What was that guy in boat doing that close to shore, going that fast. You're not even supposed to be going slow that close to shore, let alone going full speed in a beach area.
I honestly don't know anymore.
Sep 30, 2017 2:40 AM
May 2017
Seriously? A beach episode? At least the end was interesting.
Nov 9, 2017 5:10 PM
Apr 2014
The episode started out and after the truck maneuver it looked like they were safe. Especially with the melon before the opening. Turns out they weren't. Why even try to get that ball back. I mean, sure, they thought they were safe but that was kinda risky even under regular conditions.

I'm really wondering what the guy left in the classroom. Can't be a paper or anything because there is no way that is still there. But what could it be that would be still there?

Gdj_24 said:
First: Why the hell did that kid swim out to sea that far to get a $2.00 beach ball. The logic behind that decision baffles me.

so true. The moment he ran into the water it was obvious he'd die :O Just leave the damn ball.

NanashiNov 9, 2017 5:13 PM
Apr 15, 2018 11:56 AM

Dec 2017
As some one who watches high school slice-of-life almost exclusively, I really needed this
Apr 17, 2018 9:36 PM

Aug 2014
I had a feeling someone would die. They kept saying that outside of the town the curse would not work and it felt like they needed a new twist for the show. As soon as they went outside of town, I had a feeling someone would die to get that "Holy shit, no way" type of reaction. Next episode looks fantastic
Apr 18, 2018 8:45 AM

Sep 2017
I hate Izumi for being a whiny bitch this episode. She wants to screw Sakakibara just like how Sakakibara wants to screw with Mei. Also, she has been very cruel to blonde guy.

And ANOTHER one bites the dust. Seriously, he just screwed with his friends and went to get such a far shot ball. I dunno how he died before that boat hit him. Before I proceed any further.

And none of the other ones try to call him back. They just stand there, hoping for something bad to happen.

The rest of the episode is just blatant fan service, talking about reaching 30 and improving figures.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 4, 2018 1:59 AM

Mar 2018
I guess we should have seen it coming that Nakao would die. (Was that his name? Nakao?) A nobody whom many of us don't remember ever having seen before joins the trip, hangs out in the background, gets a minimum of characterization... I guess in hindsight he is an obvious redshirt - cannon fodder, brought along just so he can die.

I liked the shot where Sakakibara was shaking water out of his ear after coming ashore - that was a funny little detail. :D

paraboxes said:
No one talking about the Akazawa x kouichi moment in the car???? I mean she literally rejected that other dude in the car to go be with kouichi, and then asked him what he thought of her.

I loved the car scene. Akazawa tried to get validation from Sakakibara. Sakakibara teased her and didn't give in to her attempts at bullying. :D
Oct 9, 2018 2:22 AM

Jul 2016
Why the fuck did they need a beach scene?

And what is at the classroom?
Jan 2, 2019 11:12 PM

Jun 2015
moment he swam out to get a $1 beach ball screamed death for him. well looks like the curse is even outside of yomiyama
May 8, 2019 9:51 AM

Dec 2018
Haha this shows must be a weird one to had a beach episode for a horror genre.

Their whole theory was incorrect it seems.

As I expected when someone reveal something new, someone is going to die. At least that's my current theory.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 17, 2019 4:39 PM

Aug 2014
I think something is under the bench

anyway nice fanservice episode :D and I am shocked that someone died... why?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 21, 2019 7:29 AM

Oct 2018
This was no boating accident!!!

Oops, wrong show.
I always lose at disc golf. I keep throwing the game.
May 22, 2020 3:09 PM

Apr 2020
I thought this was just gonna be a filler episode but nope gotta end a good heart warming episode with some gore!

Looking forward to the next episode!
Jun 9, 2020 5:26 AM

Mar 2016
I'm so glad that it wasn't a typical beach episode!

But first of all - everyone thought it was a watermenlon in the beginning right? xD

-------

I love when anime porgresses in a filler-type scenarios.. It's a kind of meta troll for the viewers :P

I appreciate that the overall tone haven't changed. Cause that would be a disaster. And it wasn't! Yay!!

The melancholic background at every ''beach fun'' scene is showing the fear and grief that burden characters trying to distract themselves and live a happy life at least for one day.

A terrifying thing happened. A curse worked even beyond Yomiyama. Guys thought that they're not in danger as they're out of Yomiyama at the moment.
Welp that's weird but more interesting otherwise all the students and their families would be able to stop the curse right away by simply moving to other places.

.... and the death. That guy had the worst idea EVER! Not feeling well all day and suddenly deciding to go far away in the sea. Genius!
Other dead people had more common sense, smh.

And why Katsumi left the hint in the class? pretty convenient for the plot haha :D
_MaeMae_Jun 9, 2020 5:37 AM
Jul 4, 2020 7:01 AM

May 2018
Nobody is safe! Not even outside the town
Aug 3, 2020 3:45 AM
Jun 2019
I'm very surprised that no one talked about the sea cucumber that they fished. How did they know for sure that the sea cucumber was edible and not poisonous? And Kouichi and Izumi were very lucky that the sea cucumber wasn't poisonous, they touched the sea cucumber.
Aug 16, 2020 6:35 PM
Aug 2020
I really thought wow what a wholeso- NANIIIIIIIIII
Sep 1, 2020 11:01 PM
Oct 2019
What a rather filler-ific episode.

Nothing of value actually happened, right? I mean, I was bored and was going through my phone deleting old photos most of the episode, but it didn't seem like anything important happened.

Except for "in the classroom". That's it.

I know I said, "This show's only 12 episodes. I'll just watch the whole thing since it's short. Even though I don't really like it much." Well, I'm reconsidering...
HagePotPotatoSep 1, 2020 11:09 PM
Sep 24, 2020 3:41 AM

Jul 2020
Another “dumb ways to die”, why did he try to catch that beach ball anyway.

And that bg music when they are catching some fish, it’s much better if they use a lively one to liven up the mood. It would be a perfect transition to that gruesome death, will make everyone surprise I think. Because of that somewhat slow bg music, you already know there will be something bad about to happen. Maybe that’s why some people here think this anime is predictable.
Dec 4, 2020 1:44 PM
Apr 2016
You can never relax with this show, always gets like this.. The uneasy atmosphere 24/7 really isn't there for nothing, it wants you to get apprehensive.
Jun 14, 2021 1:46 AM

Feb 2021
Things started out really cherry and optimistic. Infact this was the only episode where the main cast were this happy! I was thinking that the car-sick guy might drown and die but nah they always make the deaths so gory. Also looks like the 'key' to stop the curse is where it all began...In the classroom. Also pretty decent fanservice lol.

Aug 11, 2021 7:19 AM
Mar 2020
damn that ending. Just proves that if you visit Yomiyama, you're cursed forever lol. Didn't feel like the fanservice was into my tastes but eh, I don't think anyone of them is waifu material unlike Yukari *sniffs*

I don't think Naoko is the extra, something doesn't feel right with it. Suspense is kinda lighter of course, and yeah, beach episode done.
Your existence doesn't matter because no one will notice if you never existed.
Oct 29, 2021 9:45 PM

Jan 2016
My theory: The thing the aunt can't remember involves this year's dead student I believe.

Bruh ofc someone else dies by the end of the episode. Mei is still my bet for the dead student. It literally cannot be anyone else. And if it is they will have to justify it very well.
Nov 27, 2021 12:17 PM

Mar 2019
Omg and I was hoping this would end on a good note, but no, ofc he had to swim 10 kilometers just to get a damn beach ball. Ouch, that dead was horrifying.

4 episodes left.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 3, 2022 1:34 AM

Jun 2022
This episode really caught me off guard because it deviated hard from the novel and the manga. This whole episode basically never happened. That death was really cool tho.
Oct 25, 2022 7:49 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I really loved this episode, it was 99% wholesome and it felt like a different show outside of the curse discussion, seeing the gang enjoy themselves on the beach with some nice ost was so good, it’s one of those things where you would love to see these characters in a non horror setting and just get to have fun, and we kinda got that here, it’s just a shame for them it’s still the same universe lol.

But I will say, this episode also had the most avoidable and dumbest death in the series. Yeah, the curse isn’t supposed to work outside of Yomiyama, but you are the fucking cursed class 3, you should have stopped that guy from going so far out into the water for a $2 beach ball, that’s just dangerous in general, like man that was dumb lol. Good thing he was a random character and not a main one.
Nov 8, 2022 1:11 PM

Aug 2019
A decent way to integrate a beach ep IG

Nov 14, 2022 6:46 AM
Nov 2022
what the hell happened there
?
Nov 25, 2022 6:25 AM

Oct 2019
wtf was that ending man
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Mar 14, 2023 6:59 AM

Dec 2022
Laughed audibly when the car-sick dude died at the end there. Most ridiculous death yet. He swims like a kilometre out into wavy open ocean just to retrieve a beach ball, and goes from waving his hand to signal he's fine to drowned and dead within about ten seconds. Then a speed boat comes and carves him up just to be sure. At some point you have to be a bit cautious about putting yourself in such a dangerous situation when you know there's some supernatural force that takes advantage of it.

Shaded Horizon

May 4, 2023 6:44 AM

Jul 2022
Wtf!>, even outside of Yomiyami, they still couldn't escape the curse!
Jun 22, 2023 11:48 AM

Aug 2019
Did we seriously need a beach episode? lol okay to be fair this didn't really focus on much fan service compared to others and we even got to learn about the clue that Mitsunaga left behind

I will admit though, that death was just kinda dumb lol he really thought it was a good idea to swim out to get that ball? It looked pretty far out. I know they weren't in town anymore but even so lol
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.