Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2009 5:21 PM

Oct 2008
Wow, this was just incredible, even for Kara no Kyoukai. Everything was so unconventional but so incredibly epic and awesome. Once again, Shiki was badass, but I think this time, all the elements were there. From breathtaking animation and fighting to impressive character development and psychological elements, this definitely was the best in the series so far.
Feb 1, 2009 8:43 PM

Apr 2007
That was a pretty good movie. A few slow parts were a bit boring and opening Shiki's door over and over was annoying, but the rest was amazing. There was plenty of Touko as well which is always good. It still gets nothing more than a 9/10 from me.

Blackhawk5017 said:
dragonshade said:
wow this movie is so damn epic. Shiki = awesome as always , and Enjo-san is really really awesome, anyone notice he resembles the main guy in Fate stay night?

Yes, but Enjo is definitely alot cooler. Emiya just makes me laugh.

I actually thought the opposite of you :P
Shirou > Enjou.
Feb 1, 2009 8:43 PM

Dec 2007
Once they redo the rankings this is going to be third, I almost think that this movie has a shot at usurping Gurren Lagann as number one.

#NBHNC
Feb 1, 2009 8:49 PM

Dec 2008
10/10.

By far the best of the series so far. I loved ending as well, the (almost) last scene with Shiki and Tomoe.

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Feb 1, 2009 9:35 PM

Dec 2007
i was seriously rendered speechless after watching... i just couldnt find words to express how epic it was... but i guess theres only two words that describe this level... Type-Moon! 10/10

PeanutSteak said:
Once they redo the rankings this is going to be third, I almost think that this movie has a shot at usurping Gurren Lagann as number one.

i was hoping that that would happen for the longest time but i never actually thought it would be possible... but looking at knk #5's stats now it just might happen.

Momo-Hime said:

Blackhawk5017 said:
dragonshade said:
wow this movie is so damn epic. Shiki = awesome as always , and Enjo-san is really really awesome, anyone notice he resembles the main guy in Fate stay night?

Yes, but Enjo is definitely alot cooler. Emiya just makes me laugh.

I actually thought the opposite of you :P
Shirou > Enjou.

Shirou is definitely > Enjou. Enjou showed his awesomeness in many ways this movie but Shirou's epicness in UBW and HF can only be matched with Shiki's in Tsuki. also, Shirou was made after Enjou so u could say that Shirou is Enjou V2.0 =P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2009 10:13 PM

Apr 2007
Ketuekigami said:

Shirou is definitely > Enjou.

Ketuekigami said:
Shirou

Ketuekigami said:
epicness

haha good joke bro
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2009 10:58 PM

Dec 2007
Neverender said:
Ketuekigami said:

Shirou is definitely > Enjou.

Ketuekigami said:
Shirou

Ketuekigami said:
epicness

haha good joke bro

i understand why u think its a joke... if uv only seen the anime. but if u knew the REAL Emiya Shirou whose origins started in the FSN game u would know that this is no joke and u would agree with me.
Feb 1, 2009 11:00 PM

Apr 2007
No, I've played UBW. I still think he's a faggot.
Feb 1, 2009 11:26 PM

Sep 2008
just FANTASTIC !!!
2 hour of full epicness, and confusing screenplay XD
Absolute TEN !!!
Feb 1, 2009 11:49 PM

Dec 2007
Neverender said:

some ppl have that opinion (tho i cant understand it), but his personality does almost a complete 180 in HF....
Feb 2, 2009 12:11 AM

Nov 2007
I must say that this one has totally surpassed my expectations. It's nice and long to make up for the previous movie being quite short. I definitely liked the animation, and putting the whole story together. I must admit I was quite surprised at the sequencing of events, but it was well done.

Now I wonder if the next one will be even better than this...
Feb 2, 2009 12:17 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah i also noticed that Tomoe resembles Emiya. But since Shirou basic trait is his "Seigi No Mikata" ideal i didnt mentioned it :)

Anyways 2 questions.

When and How Araya killed the male Shiki?
And who was that black haired girl that worked with Touko and Kokouto for a few minutes in the movie?
Feb 2, 2009 12:32 AM

Dec 2007
Cloud1234 said:
Yeah i also noticed that Tomoe resembles Emiya. But since Shirou basic trait is his "Seigi No Mikata" ideal i didnt mentioned it :)

Anyways 2 questions.

When and How Araya killed the male Shiki?
And who was that black haired girl that worked with Touko and Kokouto for a few minutes in the movie?

dont know what u mean by the first question, i dont think u heard it write while watching the movie (or i completely missed that). but that girl is Koukto's sister.
Feb 2, 2009 12:40 AM
Apr 2008
Oh man, this chapter of the series has me totally overwhelmed. I through that the first 4 movies were just decent, shabby, but this one had me rethinking the "Kara no Kyoukai" series. Everything was spectacular; the story, character development, the ties it had with the other movies, awesome action sequences, smooth music, it was all just a feast for the senses (including the brain). This is the kind of movie I've been looking for, a psychological/semi-mindfuck.

I've had second thoughts on whether or not I should archive the "Kara no Kyoukai" series, but this pretty much seals the deal. I hope that the others are just as spectacular.

9/10
Feb 2, 2009 12:43 AM

Jan 2008
Awesome , 10/10 , faved.
Feb 2, 2009 1:19 AM

Mar 2007
Ketuekigami said:
but i guess theres only two words that describe this level... Type-Moon! 10/10

ufotable, you mean.
Feb 2, 2009 2:12 AM

Sep 2007
The sheer epic level of this movie is too much for words. 10/10.

I seriously came when I heard Jouji giving voice to Souren. God, that guy's voice fits every character he's done so far, that I've listened to.
Feb 2, 2009 4:39 AM

Feb 2007
Xjellocross said:
I didn't think much could top the awesomeness of the third movie but damn, this was a masterpiece.

Best part of the movie didn't have anything to do with the plot though.

that part seriously creeped me out a little bit xD

Best movie so far but I still have to realize what I've seen yesterday..

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Feb 2, 2009 7:32 AM

Mar 2008
gosh i love this series so much. 10/10, as always. i really dont have words for it otherwise
Feb 2, 2009 7:33 AM

Mar 2008
Neverender said:

hah. yeah, hes retarded, although hes better about realizing when hes doing something stupid in heaven's feel at least.
Feb 2, 2009 7:37 AM
Mar 2008
rofl, rated 2nd on the top anime page in about 3 days after release :p. even deserves rank 1 spot for me
Feb 2, 2009 8:10 AM

Jul 2007
Just to mention i rewatched the movie and i found it MORE enjoyable than the first time.
Wow seriously the timeline in this movie is soooo fucked up that its no wonder i missed so many things the first time i watched(especially since i watched it 3 mins after i woke up with 6 hours sleep). Anyways i will raise me rating to 10/10. <3
And shirou owns in all Routes. Since this isnt the place to talk about him join the FSN club and talk if you want :)
Feb 2, 2009 8:42 AM

Jun 2008
zaj said:
rofl, rated 2nd on the top anime page in about 3 days after release :p. even deserves rank 1 spot for me

lol I bet a lot of people are going to give it a bad rating now just because it's so high
Feb 2, 2009 8:46 AM

Jul 2007
hirahira said:
zaj said:

lol I bet a lot of people are going to give it a bad rating now just because it's so high

I thought the exact same thing. Oh and btw can some explain me what Mikiya is doing at 1h 7mins and 31s? He shouldnt be there yet...
Feb 2, 2009 8:52 AM

Mar 2007
Cloud1234 said:
Oh and btw can some explain me what Mikiya is doing at 1h 7mins and 31s? He shouldnt be there yet...

I think you should rewatch it again, and try to understand it this time.
Feb 2, 2009 9:13 AM

Jul 2007
Sobzob said:
Cloud1234 said:
Oh and btw can some explain me what Mikiya is doing at 1h 7mins and 31s? He shouldnt be there yet...

I think you should stop acting like a jerk like you usually do, and if you cant help or answer politely just shut the fuck up. Dont let your pathetic real life influence your behaviour on inet. I mean its not like by trolling other users you will get a girlfriend or money or w/e your problem is...
Feb 2, 2009 9:58 AM

Jan 2008
9.04 score in total is well-deserved, as well as the top spot. Hope the next two will be close to the level of this one. :)
kikoushiFeb 2, 2009 1:58 PM
Feb 2, 2009 10:50 AM

Apr 2007
hirahira said:
zaj said:

lol, in before "overrated shit"
Feb 2, 2009 10:59 AM

Mar 2008
Neverender said:
hirahira said:
zaj said:

no kidding. it really deserves the top spot, and i'm dreading everyone who starts to watch because its high ranked, and then dosnt get it and starts bitching...

also, top ranked show on MAL! way to go.
Feb 2, 2009 11:47 AM

Dec 2007
dumbasatri said:
Neverender said:
hirahira said:
zaj said:

no kidding. it really deserves the top spot, and i'm dreading everyone who starts to watch because its high ranked, and then dosnt get it and starts bitching...

also, top ranked show on MAL! way to go.
I've been intently watching the rating for this movie this morning, it's about time something dethroned Gurren Lagann. Sure, I liked Gurren Lagann but I'd much rather watch this than the best two hours of TTGL.

#NBHNC
Feb 2, 2009 11:52 AM
Mar 2008
9.04 now lol, highest rated ever on mal?
Feb 2, 2009 11:53 AM

Apr 2007
lol holy shit
Feb 2, 2009 11:58 AM
Jan 2009
Wow! '___'

I dont feel like saying anything else about this movie.
Feb 2, 2009 12:10 PM
Jun 2007
Wow, next time I knew, its already 9.04/10.. XD lol
Pwned I guess. lol 10/10 from me as well.
Feb 2, 2009 1:41 PM

Mar 2007
Cloud1234 said:
Sobzob said:
Cloud1234 said:

I think you should stop acting like a jerk like you usually do, and if you cant help or answer politely just shut the fuck up. Dont let your pathetic real life influence your behaviour on inet. I mean its not like by trolling other users you will get a girlfriend or money or w/e your problem is...

Hahaha.
Like I said, try rewatching it and take note on that the scenes jump back and forth. Happy now?
I just can't help it when it comes to you, lol.
Feb 2, 2009 1:43 PM

Mar 2008
Masterpiece. Best movie so far. Ultimate mix of EPIC. But it was a bit hard to understand, due to these repetitions.

10/10 obviously, because you can't give a higher note^^
Feb 2, 2009 2:14 PM

Dec 2007
9.05 XD

Now we've just to wait for the swarm of people who watch it solely because it's ranked first on this site (probably even without watching any prequels) and dragging the average score down because of reasons like "Omfg, I didn't understand anything, this movie is teh suck lolol" -__-
yakisobapanFeb 2, 2009 2:20 PM
Feb 2, 2009 3:11 PM

Jun 2008
^ Yup, that will happen for sure.
Feb 2, 2009 3:37 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Rewatching really adds up to the joy, and understanding too.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 2, 2009 5:45 PM

Dec 2007
what can i say....outstanding movie. 10/10

Its nice to see that finally ttgl is out of the 1st place. xD
Feb 2, 2009 9:16 PM

Feb 2008
I have no words... to describe... the masterpiece ufotable just did.

I'm just happy I could see it. Perfection in animation had a name... and it was called Kara no Kyoukai.

Face it, Simon. You did it better with Enjou.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Feb 2, 2009 11:33 PM

Apr 2007
Enjou you are the best man ever. Ever.
Feb 3, 2009 1:00 AM
Feb 2008
the best after all, even I didn't watch it yet..
the first place, awesome~!!
Feb 3, 2009 1:41 AM

Dec 2007
Amazing and best movie even I've seen for a while. This movie is flawless masterpiece, indeed. The fight scenes and animation were breathtaking and great, and it has a great music so far. I loved how the movie kept messing with my mind the entire time, yet all the pieces fit together perfectly at the end. Touko is an awesome character, and I loved how when the real Touko showed up with more cocky attitude. The direction was very superb, and the idea of switching scenes around for parts was stunning. Overall, I totally loved it! Blushing Shiki is so cute! <3 10/10

Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen finally have the first rank at MAL. Awesome!
gameoffreak8Feb 3, 2009 2:16 AM
Feb 3, 2009 1:19 PM

Jul 2007
It was a good film, but I'm really not seeing how it managed to get in 1st place. It wasn't THAT good.
Feb 3, 2009 2:28 PM

Apr 2007
Scud said:
It was a good film, but I'm really not seeing how it managed to get in 1st place. It wasn't THAT good.

http://myanimelist.net/character/16743/Tomoe_Enjoh
Feb 3, 2009 2:48 PM

Apr 2007
MM805 said:
Scud said:

http://myanimelist.net/character/16743/Tomoe_Enjoh

wrong. the answer is the scene after the credits
Feb 3, 2009 4:47 PM

Sep 2007
Probably the best KnK so far. Solid 6/10.

There were some problems, though. I don't like the way Shiki helped the Emiya-clone at the beginning of the movie. Felt totally out of character from what we've seen in the past few movies. She definitely did not seem like the type to hunt down a guy who dropped his key, rescue him from thugs, and then allow him to stay in her room for a week. The unexplained change in her character bothers me.

The fight between Touko and Araya was really cool, but it got silly when they both revived themselves.

"Aha! You thought you killed my puppet, but it was actually still alive. Now you lose!"

"Or so you thought! That was actually a puppet of me. I'm actually a part of this building, so I can't be killed anyway. Now you lose!"

"Guess again! That was actually my puppet, controlling a puppet. In fact, I might also be a puppet right now! There's no way to know."

Ridiculous. I can't feel any sense of danger for the rest of the series now because Touko can create infinite puppets for herself to re-activate once she dies. Hell, she can probably do the same for Shiki and Kokuto, effectively making all main characters invincible. Not cool at all.

The explanation for how Shiki escaped the "enclosed space" was also pretty vague. Textbook example of a deus ex machina. Somehow, she managed to "cut" the building? And she did this because Araya decided to use his magic powers to entrap her instead of going for a normal convention like... rope, a gag, and maybe a cage? At least it's better than the time she somehow "killed" appendicitis with her knife.

Needless to say, I definitely wouldn't rank this as the greatest anime of all time. Aside from the music and the animation, the plot and characters are no better than half the supernatural/action genre - Ga-rei zero, Kurokami, Shikabane Hime, Shakugan no Shana, Fate/Stay Night, Le Chevalier d'Eon, or any of a dozen others I could name. Nonetheless, it was enjoyable.
Feb 3, 2009 5:08 PM

Dec 2007
a few of the things that bothered you seems to me like you were just thinking too much.
One: the fight between Touko and Araya wasnt really that Ridiculous. it is true that Touka can have a sort of partial immortality due to her puppets but even with that she is was no match for Araya. i guess you only think about it if youve experienced other Type-Moon works but battles are like that. the characters always have obscene powers that make them invincible or the ability to kill in one shot, but that doesnt mean they cant die and it certainly doesnt make them have any less of a sense of danger. And Araya never had to revive himself. the building was his body so without some great attack that damages the building Touka wasnt able to hurt him.

Also Touka only has 1 spare body, its not as if she can make new ones ever day, it takes work that takes years maybe even centuries to accomplish that level of magic. She wouldnt be able to creat infinite bodys for anyone and even if she could she wouldnt be able to replicate Shikis ability since it is comes from Shikis brain.

two: The reason Shiki escaped was pretty obvious and didnt need much explanation if you remember what her power is. she can destroy any magic barrier so of course it they didnt need to explain what happened. that complaint really doesnt have much basis if you remember what her power actually does. And again, she can "somehow "killed" appendicitis with her knife" because of her power, if you forgot what it is look into it just a little bit and it will become obvious.

Though the change in Shikis character is completely understandable and i can see why you would think that way. but its not something im gonna question since i havnt read the novel yet because it appears they did leave out a few parts that made a difference in explaining certain things.

But overall im glad you enjoyed it.
KetuekigamiFeb 3, 2009 5:12 PM
Feb 3, 2009 5:26 PM

Sep 2007
Ketuekigami said:
Also Touka only has 1 spare body, its not as if she can make new ones ever day, it takes work that takes years maybe even centuries to accomplish that level of magic. She wouldnt be able to creat infinite bodys for anyone and even if she could she wouldnt be able to replicate Shikis ability since it is comes from Shikis brain.

How do we know that? All she has to do is make one clone of herself. That clone can make another clone of herself. And that clone can make another clone, forever and ever.

I mean, once they explain why she can't do that, I'll have no problem buying your argument, but in the meantime, Touko is essentially invincible.

Ketuekigami said:
The reason Shiki escaped was pretty obvious and didnt need much explanation if you remember what her power is. she can destroy any magic barrier so of course it they didnt need to explain what happened.

Right, but that doesn't explain why Araya didn't just.... tie her up. Even if she can figure out how to "kill" the ropes, I'd like to see how she would do it without being able to move. Either Araya is extremely stupid, or Shiki's power is even more hax than it seems.

Ketuekigami said:
And again, she can "somehow "killed" appendicitis with her knife" because of her power, if you forgot what it is look into it just a little bit and it will become obvious.

Appendicitis is an inflammation. What did she kill? The fact that the appendix was inflamed? What she did was roughly equivalent to somehow killing a bruise (by stabbing it). It's completely stupid.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» OMG FIRST PLACE ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

5layer - Feb 2, 2009

963 by Zoshlog »»
Mar 14, 12:59 PM

» why peaple gave this episode low rate to be lower than it deserve? this episode is masterpiece

RCvvvv - Sep 17, 2022

17 by Phloup »»
Sep 17, 2022 4:03 PM

Poll: » which is the best ost from ufotable

filthyfrank8142 - Feb 4, 2022

6 by JJxy »»
Mar 29, 2022 5:58 AM

» best plot twist in anime history?

sabervergarden - Feb 12, 2021

10 by asaryo420 »»
Feb 4, 2022 11:59 PM

» Am I the only one who doesn't like Kokutou?

Albee98 - Sep 24, 2021

9 by 234Mannan »»
Oct 20, 2021 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.