Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 27, 2012 8:22 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a pretty good episode, but sadly the fights I were looking forward to such as Fried & Bickslow vs Rustyrose and Gildarts vs Bluenote ended ridiculously fast. But anyways, I'm looking forward to the next episode featuring Gray vs Ultear :D
JantianJan 27, 2012 9:18 PM
Jan 27, 2012 8:25 PM

Sep 2010
Yikes... that was really disappointing. (for me at least) -_-

Unlike, Azuma vs Erza, The way Rustyrose and Bluenote are defeated is just... (About as unsatisfying as when Natsu beat the god slayer after landing only one attack)

3/5 for this one...
Jan 27, 2012 8:27 PM
Jul 2018
Chrischunn said:

It was a pretty good episode, but sadly the fights I were looking forward to such as Fried & Bickslow vs Rustyrose and Gildarts vs Bluenote ended ridiculously fast. But anyways, I'm looking forward to the next episode featuring Gray vs Ultear :D

My thought exactly. I was proud of Gray for not going for what Ul was going on about. The whole time I just had no trust.

Though it was rushed It was still good. More satisfaction than disapointment.
Jan 27, 2012 8:28 PM

Jul 2010
As much as I wish that Gildarts vs Bluenote was longer,I have to admit that it ended in a badass way.Also,call me crazy but,did Happy break the 4th wall at one point with the whole "cheerful character" line?
Jan 27, 2012 8:54 PM

Apr 2011
Well, I expected gildarts Vs Bluenote and Freed-Bixlow Vs Rustyrose battles to be more longer..
Oh well, Ultear have a ''thing'' over Zeref, and Gray didn't believe her words and now we are having Gray Vs Ultear
I can't wait for the next episode...

P.S.:Gray saving Juvia was so cute(Gruvia fan!!!)
Jan 27, 2012 9:09 PM

Jul 2010
Ultear, die you stupid woman.
Jan 27, 2012 10:03 PM

Apr 2011
The ending was so satisfying.... Ultear's face was annoying when she went into evil mode, then when she says to Gray "I AM THE LEADER OF THE 7 KIN" - or whatever, then Gray's just like.... ice make... I-DON'T-GIVE-A-SH*T-PUNCH!!! and cut her off while she was laughing LMAO... I don't know why, but I found it hilarious.

In most shounen's... when the villain is declaring his power either by script or physical power, the good guys usually show fear or become worried.. then win near the end... but this time was different :D
Jan 27, 2012 10:56 PM

Jun 2010
I don't think it was rushed at all, just shows you what you need to see without dragging it out. Thats what I like about FT. Always quick and straight to the point unlike other 'popular' shounen shows..

Anyways, I loved the episode.. despite me not believing Ultear's story about her mother in the first place, I was still hoping she was a good person. Well, she had it coming. *Gray punch*.

Jan 27, 2012 11:26 PM

Jul 2011
Ultear is crazy and very messed up. That is all.

Jan 27, 2012 11:48 PM
Aug 2010
Kittyman said:
Yikes... that was really disappointing. (for me at least) -_-

You're not the only one.

In fact this whole damn arc has been one huge disappointment!!!

I'm just dying for this arc to end.
Jan 27, 2012 11:56 PM

Apr 2009
Grey is just so bad ass!!! Love how Happy says not to cry! Can't wait till to see next weeks eps!!
Jan 28, 2012 12:11 AM
Jan 2010
Is that Brain i see in the next episode preview?
Jan 28, 2012 12:13 AM

Jun 2011
disappointing
and the animation still weak
nelsonbrabraJan 28, 2012 12:17 AM
Jan 28, 2012 12:53 AM

Feb 2010
Ultear getting falcon punched was priceless.

iceberserker said:
Is that Brain i see in the next episode preview?

yes
Jan 28, 2012 1:05 AM
Mar 2010
So I suppose in the 10 seconds Rusty Rose was just staring at Fried falling towards him he forgot he could instantly summon an unbreakable shield or or a ridiculousy powerful extending claw? If there's one thing I hate more then cliche power of friendship asspulls its characters losing becuase they seemingly forgot about their own powers.

Was hoping the anime would extend the Gildarts/Bluenote fight, but as it was it was maybe 4 minutes in length total with about 75% still shots, very dissapointing.

And so long Azuma, the only good villain ever in Fairy Tail.
Jan 28, 2012 1:07 AM

Jan 2011
I was looking forward to see Gildarts and Bluenote's battle, but it ended so quickly TT_TT
Ultear should just die. I hate her >:(
I'm glad that Gray didn't believe her and smashed her. That was funny kkkkk
Jan 28, 2012 2:03 AM
Nov 2010
I agree that Gildarts vs Bluenote ended a bit too fast, oh, well...
I'm very glad that Gray didn't fall for Ultear's words... I look forward to their fight, go, Gray!
Jan 28, 2012 3:01 AM

Oct 2008
Y U NO MAKE LONGER FIGHTS !!
Jan 28, 2012 4:17 AM

Dec 2011
Hmm according to the preview the next ep is probably going to be quite an emotional one, learn about Ultear's past and what happened between her and Ul.

Btw does anyone know what happened to Bluenote after Gildarts did a Team Rocket K.O on him?
Jan 28, 2012 5:51 AM

May 2010
do i have to say more ?
Jan 28, 2012 6:04 AM
Dec 2009
DevilofWar said:
As much as I wish that Gildarts vs Bluenote was longer,I have to admit that it ended in a badass way.Also,call me crazy but,did Happy break the 4th wall at one point with the whole "cheerful character" line?

Actually, that line was a bit of a "creative" translation on my part.

Literally Happy just says "Us "Genki" people can't cry!"... In this context he probably meant "the ones of us who are still healthy/full of energy", but that frankly doesn't make much sense (so it's okay to cry once you're not "genki" anymore?)

So I interpreted what "the "genki" people" were more as "those of us who are always cheerful and upbeat, i.e. Lisanna and Happy, etc...
and threw in the "character" to be slightly 4th wallish (but still reasonable thing to say).
Jan 28, 2012 6:11 AM

Aug 2009
Disappointing fights with Gildarts VS Bluenote and Fried, Bickslow vs Rusty Rose. It was clever for Bickslow to take control of Elfman, but what the hell did Gildarts shout out when he punched Bluenote? "Fight for what is right! Heaven!" ?!? So awkward.

The last third of the episode was so funny when Ultear reveals her evil plans and laughs while having a serious case of crazy eyes. And when Gray came to Juvia's rescue i let out a sigh of relief. So glad it was a double bamboozal. And Grays punch after Ultears boast ---> Priceless.

Next episode looks like we will finally see what made Ultear go grazy. And why Ul said she was dead.
Jan 28, 2012 8:19 AM

Dec 2009
Ultear and Gray are epic. I loved how she was in maniac mode but he didn't give a shit. and btw , WTF Azuma, WTF, you became a plant?
Jan 28, 2012 8:56 AM

Sep 2009
Karasuchan said:
and btw , WTF Azuma, WTF, you became a plant?
Like he said, abusing Lost Magic comes with price. When Erza beat him, his magic consumed him.
Jan 28, 2012 9:45 AM

Mar 2011
Gildarts vs Bluenote was so fast I wanted it to be longer, I mean it's Gildarts we're talking about! Fried and Bickslow vs Rustyrose I didn't expect to be long but it would've been good if it was.

Anyway, another fight I've been waiting for, Gray vs Ultear has got to be epic, he needs to bash that bitch up! It's all gonna get real next ep!
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Jan 28, 2012 10:14 AM

Feb 2010
Even though Gildarts fight was short it still was badass
Jan 28, 2012 10:35 AM

Jul 2010
This ARC's gona go by fast :/ kinda glad that most of the fights were speedy....but YES! i knew Ultear was lying >_> i was like "Uh huh....wait maybe....no she lying!" but im very glad Gray was smart for a moment im like "He got screwed." looks like a good battle gona rage on with Gray & Ultear O.O although that last punch wasnt very confincing
Jan 28, 2012 11:25 AM

Apr 2011
Lots of ass-kicking going on this episode with great ass-kicking music. I think a lot of Fairy Tail fights have been short so this isn't really much of a surprise.
Jan 28, 2012 12:36 PM

Aug 2011
I loled when saw Gildarts punching Bluenote and sending him to stars :D
Jan 28, 2012 1:08 PM

Apr 2009
All that build up of Bluenote.. and that's it?! Granted, it was at least cool. Isn't his power gravity? Shouldn't he be able to just use that to get back to the ground ? (just thinking out loud, not asking for spoilers.)

Clever of Bickslow to possess Elfman and use him as a puppet to KO the other guy.

First ten minutes were pretty awesome with more great music. Ultear's attempt to trick Gray would've been a lot more interesting if the series hadn't already shown her as a borderline raving maniac obsessed with Zeref a few episodes before.

Really looking forward to the next episode. Gray''s always been a neat character who I wish got a little more limelight like he did earlier in the series.
Jan 28, 2012 4:37 PM

Dec 2011
Keodara said:
The ending was so satisfying.... Ultear's face was annoying when she went into evil mode, then when she says to Gray "I AM THE LEADER OF THE 7 KIN" - or whatever, then Gray's just like.... ice make... I-DON'T-GIVE-A-SH*T-PUNCH!!! and cut her off while she was laughing LMAO... I don't know why, but I found it hilarious.

I think that this was the best part of the episode,

I was greatly disappointed in the Gildrats - Bluenote fight, I expected more action and epicness. At least I hope to see Gildarts in a serious fight later. And couldn't Freed use his runes ? Both of the fights were really badly done, they could have put more details into them.
Jan 28, 2012 6:01 PM

Nov 2011
Best part :)
Ultear: "I'm the leader of the 7 kin of Purgatory!"
Grey: "Falcon... PUNCH!!!"(i guess it's Super effective)
GO GRAY!! xD
Jan 28, 2012 6:37 PM

May 2009
Gray punch made my day.
Jan 28, 2012 7:11 PM

Jul 2011
do my eyes deceive me or Virgo is going to be in a maid underwear in the next ep of FT ? :O
Jan 28, 2012 7:45 PM

Jun 2007
Teufel said:
All that build up of Bluenote.. and that's it?! Granted, it was at least cool. Isn't his power gravity? Shouldn't he be able to just use that to get back to the ground ? (just thinking out loud, not asking for spoilers.)

Maybe he could, but thinks flying a few minutes and cratering somewhere in a peaceful grove on the continent is better than getting into Gildarts' range again.
Jan 28, 2012 8:29 PM

Jan 2011
Too bad that Ultear isn't down for good. If that falcon gray punch would have been enough, it would have more then made up for the short fight between Gildarts and BlueNote (there was already a longer fight with RustyRose. Or two, if you did count this as it's own fight, and not as continuation of the interrupted one. Eitherway, no need to have more)

Though i also wondered why Fried didn't use his runes there (before the interruption caused by loosing magic). Why not trap him, "those without fairy tail mark can not pass". Or prevent casting, like "within these area, you can't use magic". He did it before. Sure, it was said that it takes a while, but if he wanted..he wouldn't have had to show himself with BickSlow as distraction).
Jan 29, 2012 12:57 AM

Nov 2010
Looks like next ep is trying to give Ultrear an excuse for her bitchy behavior, i'm sorry but there shall be zero sympathy for what has transpired.

Jan 29, 2012 5:07 AM

May 2011
Meomix said:
Looks like next ep is trying to give Ultrear an excuse for her bitchy behavior, i'm sorry but there shall be zero sympathy for what has transpired.

Well dont make your conclusions so fast. The story is a good one alright, you'll come to learn that the next episode ,ultear's not going to be some minor character in this show.

That aside, yes i agreed that the fight ended too fast, it's about the same length as the manga but i was hoping that it would show more since its animated and all, i wouldn't mind another few minutes exchange of blows and spells in between gildarts and bluenote before he sent that dude flying ( though i have to agree that finishing move is epic no matter how many times you see it).

The next episode's gonna be good, the arc is soon going to reach it's climax with most of the enemies down, with ultear and hades left, since meldy is already out of commission.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 29, 2012 7:15 AM

Oct 2010
Darkness-man said:
I want to see more Natsu! xD

Why do people always beg for more main character time when they always have the majority of fights. Give some side-characters time to shine.

The battle was nice, even though I expected a bit of extanson on Gildarts fight. But at least he, unlike Mystogan, was being badass on-screen. Lissana X Fried combo was pretty cool ^^

Gray totally owned Ultear on that last scene. Too bad that being Seven Kin of Purgatory isn't a big deal at all...
Jan 29, 2012 7:47 AM

Oct 2011
This episode was hmmm, okay. I mean, Erza winning scene again was great, although I think Gildarts and Fried&Bickslow fights must have been longer. About Grey, nothing to say. Simply wonderful, as usual. :)
Jan 29, 2012 8:58 AM

Nov 2010
Loved Gray's entrance music and the punch was awsom!
Jan 29, 2012 9:01 AM
Jan 2011
This episode was okay, not as good as the past couple episodes...

All though every time a Fairy Tail episode ends I really want to see the next one I am always on the edge of my seat!
Jan 29, 2012 10:23 AM

Apr 2009
Ice make bitch slap !!
Jan 30, 2012 6:00 AM

May 2010
Lol,juvia was smiling when she was unconscious,just how much that girl loves gray..I didn't expect gray to land a direct hit on ultear.
Jan 30, 2012 9:46 AM

May 2008
awesome episode can't wait for Grays fight next episode hope its good Juvia will probably aid him next ep

hope ultear gets owned hate her!
Jan 30, 2012 10:20 AM

Jul 2009
Erza's fight was no good for me - basically, what was expected, and I actually forgot all about it in the manga.
Though the 'nakama powerup' is an unfortunate stable these days. :(

Bixlow was the highlight in this ep' for me, conbined with Ultear's wackyness.

Jan 30, 2012 1:07 PM

Jul 2009
Urtear is such a boring character.
Jan 31, 2012 5:15 AM

Jan 2012
Gray's punch should have knocked her out cold. get it? =p. Anyway It was a good episode for me.
Jan 31, 2012 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
Obviously Ultear was up to something ^^ and damn 2 epic punches in this ep, one from Gildarts and one from Gray, cant wait for the fight in the next ep
Jan 31, 2012 7:06 PM

Oct 2008
I'm so glad gray didn't fall for that, it was completely obvious. Fight with blue note finished way too fast imo.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Jun 28, 2010

102 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 154 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Oct 26, 2012

141 by LightNoragami1 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Knave - Jun 21, 2010

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 26, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Jun 7, 2010

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 26, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kradical - Aug 12, 2011

92 by shiroyasha367 »»
Apr 26, 8:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.