Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2011 12:28 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The girl trying to get better to get to battle. The guy is letting her sleep and said he will get the bento for her.

ED is OP. And the real boss asked the guy to go home.

The older twin sensing if that guy's going to be there and is frightened. He showed up and told them not to be there because they are too strong to be existed. To exclude them...

Intermission image = girls with Christmas outfits.

The guy is letting everyone to feel the hunger. lol @ the three of them getting the real boss beaten and let them involve. Yaoi girl, who couldn't concentrated, is joining later.

They (the guy and the witch girl) are sharing one gorgeous unagi bento.

OP is ED.
tsubasaloverDec 24, 2011 12:32 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 24, 2011 12:49 PM

Nov 2008
Hercules got what he deserved. Everyone joined in too even Hana and the twins finished him off nicely.

lol at Yo getting everyone hungry.

Kyo twin joining the group at the end is nothing short of great.

I want that unagi bento.

10/10

The best series that aired in Fall based on a concept that would normally would get a 3 or 4 under normal conditions, the action and comedy were excellent, had some good fanservice, and an ok story.

Dec 24, 2011 3:59 PM

Jul 2010
I really enjoyed this anime. Had some amazing and downright funny soundtracks. Also had some decent fanservice that wasn't censored to hell (ass shots). Wouldn't mind an OVA at least with the new formed group in future adventures.
Dec 24, 2011 4:52 PM

Jun 2011
BEN-TO! 10/10!! I LOVED IT

what better to make an anime about other supermarket brawls over half priced bento?
fanservice was awesome, not censored thank gods
describing food as they ate it made my mouth water.
Character's were awesome, loved the nome de gurres haah hentai"

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Dec 24, 2011 5:19 PM

Feb 2008
What a great ending of this anime.

Need another season :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 24, 2011 5:29 PM

Apr 2008
That's a logical way to do it...
So Hercules is not really that strong either, he use tactics instead of relying on strength.

BTW, Orthros vs the great boar... who would win ? ^^;
Although I don't think they can just get away with beating the crap out of normal customers without being dragged to the police.
Dec 24, 2011 10:09 PM

Jun 2011
Great anime, great ending~

One of my favourites this season~
Dec 25, 2011 1:49 AM

Feb 2010
for me the positive suprise of the season didn't expect mutch of this show 8/10.
Dec 25, 2011 2:03 AM

Dec 2011
10/10

Thought Fate Zero would be my most favorite show this season, didn't expect Ben-to to go from underdog to top wolf.

Now I need a miracle to happen and Ben-to to somehow get a second season ;_;

Need more Kyous and Shaga ;_;
Dec 25, 2011 2:33 AM

Jan 2011
Ume was so damn butt-hurt at the end, she has been successfully kicked out of the main cast :D:D:D:D:D:D

Episode 12 Summary
Not even Ume's weak 5 sec cameo could change the 10 out of 10 this episode gets. It was so amazing, the action we love came in full force. The plan to defeat the twins made so much sense...it basically gave them the message that they weren't wanted, and considered a waste of time to even try fighting them. No wonder they were so upset. I was wondering just what on earth Satou was doing, he was simply burning a sweat to get hungrier:heh: SO happy Satou wound up beating the twins too, without the Ice Witch either. Wonder if this means he's the strongest Wolf now....Great end to a great series. 9 out of 10....yes, even with Ume. :p It was that damn good
Dec 25, 2011 4:31 AM

Apr 2010
So Satou is the boss, basically.
Dec 25, 2011 4:43 AM

Oct 2010
Naw this last episode was pure shit. We get to see the Ice Witch get beat up but showing them twins get scratches off screen. Ice Witch does look better in her PJs. I see it pointless showing the Wizard at all in the beginning of the series now. There had better be a season 2.

Ice Witch smile is really beautiful

episode gets a 5/10 for me
season gets a 7.5/10
Dec 25, 2011 5:46 AM

Jul 2010
This needs 2nd Season Nao.
Dec 25, 2011 6:08 AM
Jan 2010
bonifide said:
Naw this last episode was pure shit. We get to see the Ice Witch get beat up but showing them twins get scratches off screen. Ice Witch does look better in her PJs. I see it pointless showing the Wizard at all in the beginning of the series now. There had better be a season 2.

I do agree that we should have been able to see the twins lose. I'd say that there really should have been a rematch between Orthoros and Ice Witch, since the previous episode was building up to that. Overall, still one of the best this season; very underrated. Putting aside the minor flaws, 10/10.
Dec 25, 2011 6:36 AM

Dec 2010
Series was great but I would like to know how Orthoros were defeated. I mean I saw them dashing/jumping without the baskets, but I wanted to see how exactly they lost.
Dec 25, 2011 7:49 AM

Apr 2010
...I liked the ending, but The Wizard never really had an important role.

6/10
Dec 25, 2011 7:51 AM

Dec 2009
The series was fun as it lasted. 12 episodes were not enough lol xD

8/10 for this series. SOOO much fun :)

And of course we had to have Ume beat up Satou again for no reason at the end -_-'
Dec 25, 2011 8:02 AM

Sep 2009
Really liked this series. good parody for fighting animes with descent characters and plot/ 9/10 from me
Dec 25, 2011 8:07 AM

Nov 2011
Love this series, one not so great episode and a not so great ending drop this to 9/10
Dec 25, 2011 8:11 AM

Aug 2010
Epic episode. Satou really manned up and procured the laurel-wreath unagi bento for Sen. WIN. Also, I loled at how Oshiroi appearently got herself a bento while orthros only managed leftovers. Well, they are dethroned now, so they need to fight harder :)

My only gripe is: This episode didn't have enough Jinx :( I miss her But her in a Kimono in the bento box was a nice touch.

On a side note: Why is everyone writing 'Hercules' when they are saying 'Heracles' in the Anime?
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Dec 25, 2011 8:45 AM

Aug 2008
Sorry Fate/Zero. Ben-to is the best show of the season.

Second season where
Dec 25, 2011 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
da fucking best. disappointed they didn't show how the twins lost.
Dec 25, 2011 9:09 AM

Nov 2008
drendren said:
da fucking best. disappointed they didn't show how the twins lost.

You'll most likely see it in the bDs.

Dec 25, 2011 9:44 AM

May 2010
damn a bad ending for a great anime i was thinking sempai and hentai would pair up in the end but i just end up with a useless drama with a useless villain
Dec 25, 2011 9:56 AM

Jun 2008
How to show your girl you care: Get her a half-priced lunchbox.

9/10.
Dec 25, 2011 9:57 AM

Jan 2010
Disappointing ending. The whole bit about running around all night took too long and was badly done. It's a cheap attempt to create tension. I didn't see any point in the rain either. The story was a bit too thin though and I guess it needed some padding. Having said that, the opening was pretty good. Just after she set the alarm clock, I was wondering if he was going to change the time on it.

I thought the artwork was poorly done in this episode compared to the rest of the series. The females all looked blocky and chunky in many scenes. I'm glad we didn't see too much of the cursed kid. If I'd blinked during that one moment, I might have scored this episode higher. And poor Shiraume had no role to play. Sigh. Finally, if Hentai was gonna pamper the Witch, he should have volunteered to hand-feed her.

Overall, good for a 7. It was a fun effort that played with a silly subject.
Dec 25, 2011 10:43 AM

Feb 2010
This show started out so strong but the second half (sans episode 10) was just really weak. Sad to say I can't really give this my best of season anymore after the disappointing last few episodes.
Dec 25, 2011 11:26 AM

May 2009
"sempai, do you mind if i show of a bit"

this started all of it in this episode :)

this one really needs a season 2 LOL

BEST ANIME of the season :bd

and a great way to end the christmas day! :D
TweeDec 25, 2011 11:32 AM
Dec 25, 2011 11:49 AM

May 2011
Its sad that such a good anime have to come to an end, IMO its definitely one of the top anime this season, and i think it has the potential to be one of the best in 2011 as well. The final episode was good, however if they had shown us how the twins got beaten it's be even better. Satou finally get the chance to man up and show off as he wanted, and i liked how nikaido worked together with satou to pound the twins off.

Really good stuff, i'd give it a 10/10 .

p/s: the wizard looked kind of kick ass at the end eating hamburger. I hope i get to see him fighting abit more. He was a main character in the manga version of the prequel of bento.

KievDec 25, 2011 11:55 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 25, 2011 12:06 PM

Jul 2009
Great anime, somewhat weak ending. The ending was good but not great. I wish we at least got to see the twins get beaten, well, in a sense we got to see them get humiliated, which is 'beaten' in its own rights...

Blah,
9/10 overall, 8/10 if you add in the ending.
Dec 25, 2011 12:38 PM

Aug 2010
Satou was awesome this episode, kinda upset we didn't get to see the rest of the fight though.
Dec 25, 2011 1:05 PM
Nov 2010
It was a good anime, especially some of the soundtrack, I liked it...
Dec 25, 2011 1:26 PM

Jul 2009
That is the spirit Satou, one fight or fall with honour! There is no middle ground.

Do not see what all the fuss about eel comes from though, seriously overrated ^^
Dec 25, 2011 1:32 PM

Jan 2010
ending was so-so. what with that useless lass boss? i want witch pair with hentai kick those twin ass.

anyway good anime.
Dec 25, 2011 2:05 PM

Jun 2011
My favorite show of the fall season. Everything else was shit
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Dec 25, 2011 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
Definitely the surprise anime of the season and one of the best ones :)
Sucks that we didn't see Satou and Ren Nikaidou vs Orthros, that would have made this episode quite a bit better for sure.

Satou and the Ice Witch sharing a laurel-wreath unagi bento was nice to see, shows how good Satou has become from the start :). Shame Ice Witch didn't make a full recovery for the big battle ah well (:.

Hercules all the hype for him being the last boss and once Satou returns, he gets owned completely :L. Though why Orthros felt like having nightmares about not having a ben to fight as they were too strong is a bit :S.

Oshroi somehow got a bento and the twin's didn't :L, shows how stealth can win xD

Certainly a masterpiece in my view for the show concept and being to carry it out so well apart from having one or two filler's -.-.

Comedy, fights and over the topness for a Ben-to and awesome soundtrack = 9-10/10 :)

Please let there be another season two :D, christmas wish xD
removed-userDec 25, 2011 2:46 PM
Dec 25, 2011 2:43 PM

Jul 2011
It was a good episode but that "last boss" was so weak and it was a shame that they skipped the fight later on... would've loved to see how Satou beats everyone! :P

Anyways, never thought that was the story behind the twins, I was pleasantly surprised..
No Wizard indeed, was hoping he would show himself in this episode... (I know he was at the ending eating a burger.....)

Overall 9/10.... (Didn't like episode 9 and I found it a shame that they skipped the fight after the "big boss" beating in this episode...)

Second season please! :D
Dec 25, 2011 2:44 PM

Jan 2011
sad face i didn't want it to end! hopefully we will get a S2.
Dec 25, 2011 2:57 PM

Jun 2011
Ended up being one of my fav animes this season, as it was nothing short of awesome.
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Dec 25, 2011 3:03 PM
Feb 2011
It was somewhat of a weak ending with no rematch between the Witch and Orthros. However, the show was very entertaining to watch from the beginning. I would really love to see a second season of this show. The Kyo sisters became my favorite characters when they were introduced. Can't go wrong with two cute twins.

9/10
Dec 25, 2011 4:04 PM

Sep 2010
'Twas fun.
Dec 25, 2011 4:18 PM

Dec 2007
I had little expectations when i started watching Ben-to, but what a surprise it was.

A really enjoyable anime indeed.

The ending wasn't that great, was hoping for something better. But overall, its a solid anime. 7/10
Dec 25, 2011 4:25 PM

Aug 2010
Best series of the year blasting srs bsns titles like Penguindrum out of the water.
Dec 25, 2011 4:33 PM

Sep 2010
This whole series was meaningless, and I don't even get what really is happening in this show. But somehow I would like to see a second season.

6/10
Dec 25, 2011 4:57 PM

Sep 2008
plain epic!!
i loved this anime from start to end
10/10
it just losses against fate/zero ...but i enjoyed more this one
SEASON 2!! i PLEASE!!
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 25, 2011 4:57 PM

Jan 2011
Back in September I asked myself, "How can they make a series with this as the premise?" Well we certainly answered that question, didn't we. What a pleasure to watch--the only thing that would have improved it to my mind would be just a little bit more romance--although Satou you sly dog (err...wolf), you're alone with the Ice Witch nurshing her back to health....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 25, 2011 5:04 PM

Jun 2009
Man, this series was pretty awesome, i really enjoyed it despite having no expectations at all when starting it.
Agreed with rodac on the romance, there could've been some more Yarizui x Sato moments throughout the series but this scene at the end is so good that i don't mind much.
Needs s2 after some time, and make it good.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Dec 25, 2011 5:17 PM

Oct 2008
lol why does everyone think the ending needed to be typical shounen 'final boss' for it to be good? the ending wrapped things up nicely and brought through the main message of the show - it's all about fun and everyone can play! or something
Dec 25, 2011 5:26 PM
Oct 2010
This anime was much better than I imagined. Yet this parody is definitely not for everyone since at times the humor can be a bit too bland, IMO anyway. Still, this gets a 7 from me too.

Wordsmith said:
On a side note: Why is everyone writing 'Hercules' when they are saying 'Heracles' in the Anime?
Perhaps cause Hercules is the most known name for that hero?

Using either doesn't bother me unless it's a context where you need to differentiate between Greek and Roman myths.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 25, 2011 6:01 PM

Apr 2008
EternalDreamer said:
Do not see what all the fuss about eel comes from though, seriously overrated ^^
Eels are expensive outside the exotic and luxury foods category, seriously. ^^;

Assuming that most wolves are eating half-priced leftover bento all the time during their high school life (either by choice like the twins or they're living on tight budget like Satou), it's their chance of getting luxurious meal fresh from the oven for half price and not breaking their principle. :D

BigSimo said:
lol why does everyone think the ending needed to be typical shounen 'final boss' for it to be good? the ending wrapped things up nicely and brought through the main message of the show - it's all about fun and everyone can play! or something
Actually it's a nice surprise.
Means other than the twins, none of the fighters are ridiculously strong with Jump shounen manga techniques, even Hercules or Monarch (well, lifting and swinging shopping cart one-handed is quite absurd).

Even the argument Hercules used to everyone is to keep the game fun for everybody by having the players with broken stats out of the game early.
nseikaDec 25, 2011 6:08 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

135 by -starryskies- »»
Apr 21, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 10, 2011

112 by -starryskies- »»
Apr 21, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2011

126 by Stuntdrath »»
Jan 27, 6:57 PM

» This bitch right here Ume Shiraume

Zerity - Aug 24, 2017

34 by Imperfection98 »»
Jan 5, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 17, 2011

82 by fathandz »»
Oct 28, 2023 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.