Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School Rumble
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 24, 2012 6:53 PM

Feb 2012
Best troll ending ever. I’m actually amazed that I enjoyed this series more the second time I watched it. I think the big misconception about this series is that it is about romance when it is more about relationship. Honestly there was no romance in this series (there was only one real couple in the entire class) but it does have the best characters. Each one is trying to find love and happiness in an indifferent world and struggle with and against each other to gain it. This is the only anime where I have rooted for every character, even when they are going against each other.
After the re-watch this show has increased from a 9/10 to a 10/10 in my book.
Sep 6, 2012 6:50 PM

Nov 2007
That was trolltastic. I kinda liked the alien end.

I'm still glad he didn't get with Tenma. Eri / Yakumo > Tenma
Oct 20, 2012 11:07 PM

Jun 2012
I feel so trolled right now. This was a great way to finish off the season of a comedy anime; they kept at it to the very end, including the next episode preview.

ChOnnYPuFfs said:
This anime is a disgrace. The people who liked/loved this are little kids who only like looking at retarded characters and enjoy hearing the popular phrase: TENMA CHAN!

Oh really now? Would you care to explain why anyone should listen to someone who holds an popular opinion and tries to present that opinion as fact?
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Feb 1, 2013 11:21 PM
Aug 2008
Oh gosh. When I first started watching this I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but I really ended up loving it. Almost as good and random as Nichijou! C'mon Tenma and Harima, get together already! Alright, onto season 2!
Apr 8, 2013 3:56 AM

Oct 2010
Schoolception FTW.

This episode is such a genius move, and getting through it in rewatch doesn't detract from its countless merits. I love how the series takes itself only as seriously as its own internal coherence allows.

The thing is that the show is so damn random and non-sequitur that the utter bullshit of this episode was even believable in its context, therefore making the troll move effective enough.
Aug 19, 2013 9:17 PM
May 2013
Eri sawachika belongs with Harima Not going along to Tenma. Since Tenma likes Karasuma(who dosn't have anything um..good?) Yeah. I wish they kiss.
Feb 14, 2014 9:59 AM

Mar 2013
Surprisingly Strong, of the Best Romance/Comedy ever. Amazing Seiyu such as (Original Hunter x Hunter) Hisoka as the MC Harima, as well as Kotomi (Clannad) as Yakumo.

The random weird things like DBZ Super Saiyan battles or the Ship Voyage with the Captain make it really shine. The Japanese word plays are especially humorous, and it feels great getting them before the punch line or the misunderstanding becomes known. Speaking of misunderstandings this show excels at them, which can put the humor through the roof IF you can tolerate and appreciate them.

My favorite Characters are 1) Harima- who singlehandedly carries the show 2) Yakumo- with a beautiful voice and a sweet and loving demeanor that adds a calming presence 3) Itoko- gorgeous, witty, and a Itoko (cousin) that any Guy dreams of having.

Probably a true 9/10, but i enjoyed it so much that i'll up it's average by giving it the full 10/10
SlickDFeb 14, 2014 10:05 AM
Mar 22, 2014 9:49 PM

Jan 2011
Excellent first season, so I'll go on to the second. I know I'll probably have to go to the manga and School Rumble Z to be fully satisfied, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. So Eri now knows that Harima doesn't have a girlfriend...maybe that will help. 9/10 for me.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 24, 2014 6:48 AM

Oct 2013
good anime funny ass ending XD i give it a 8/10
[/quote]
Apr 4, 2014 11:10 AM

Apr 2014
The anime was very sweet, a good mix of comedy and romantic. Brilliant!

I have a question, and I really hope someone can help me if he or she reads this:
After the fight with Kenji, Karasuma and Kenji fall to the ground. Right after, during the scene when Karasuma explains to Tenma that he's an alien, he has fallen in love with her and all the feelings were meant to Karima, there is a very very beautiful background music.

Even with google and the soundtrack list, I didn't find the name of that beautiful background song. Listen, the song is played by piano and goes around 1 minute..
I really hope someone can tell me the name of it..

In my opinion, school rumble deserves a 9/10... Brilliant anime :)
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Apr 11, 2014 9:28 PM
Dec 2013
O.o weird ending XD

but still i liked it :D

overall 9/10

Jun 16, 2014 7:33 AM

Sep 2011
So much trolling on the last 2 episodes.

Oct 28, 2014 10:26 AM

Aug 2014
So this is how the School Rumble season 1 ends. Wow, so much feels overall. I was so hyped throughout the episodes, my family kept yelling at me because I made so many weird noises due to the excitement.

From the very first episode to the very last I enjoyed every single one, they were really unique and there was so many character development around, you could easily decide whether you like someone or not. Tsukamoto, stop chasing after Karasuma, for god's sake! D: As I said before, I laughed my ass off all the time, and I haven't seen such an awesome (in every way) anime for a long time.

About the ending, well, I gotta admit I fell for the UFO part, I was like "aw man..!". But I liked it nonetheless. Harima Kenji, you are a great man, ganbarimasu!

I give the series a 10/10. I was entertained all the time. ^^
Apr 4, 2015 7:54 AM

May 2008
Enjoyed this series although the amount of misunderstanding is way over the top sometimes. Great to see more EriXHarima I'm shipping for them, let's see how the second season goes I hope the development continues and won't end with nothing. 9/10
Apr 4, 2015 7:13 PM

Aug 2013
Wait, so what happened, and what didn't happened? I'm so mindfucked xD
I just can't sort out what happened or what didn't happened. I mean, the first part was Harima manga, but did he literally had a date with... a cat? That sound fucking hilarious somehow.

On the other hand, it would be kinda sad if Karasuma really told her that he loved her, but she think that it's a dream... And is it me or Tenma cat version was really adorable?

Eri was so adorable too, with her wingman butler. What a champ'.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 18, 2015 12:52 AM

Feb 2013
Oh my god. They were going so far with the alien thing that I actually started to beleive it. But when Harima said "I love you." to Tenma that was when I knew that it was fake. That's where I apparently draw the line. Aliens are ok but it must be fake when Harima said "I love you."

Can't beleive Harima crashed. Then again he did't expect to crash to a limo instead of a regualr car. That threw him off.

Hahaha, Eri's butler wanted to bury Harima. More EriXHarima moments! I definitely want this ship to sail! She got all flustered when she was gonna wipe off that blood but then her butler interrupted her. Also she nows know that Harima isn't seeing anyone.
It got really weird with that whole switching bodies with the cat But it was real since Harima did that thing with his hands and purred.

Hahaha, Tenma was off 2 days about Karasuma's birthday.

Did Tenma really confess there at the end. Oh well. I guess I'll know after at the start of the second season.

Not a really satisfying conclusion but we are only at the halfway point! Gonna start the OVAs and then start the second season.

I really enjoyed this! It's fucking hilarious and fun to watch!
Jun 26, 2015 9:25 AM

Sep 2014
Harima and Tenma. They have weird thinking thoughts.

See ya in S2!

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jul 5, 2015 3:39 PM

May 2009
Strange series. The comedy can be brilliant at times, but the romantic aspect is difficult to grasp with all the silliness thrown at your face. You really wish for Harima to end up with Eri or Yakumo, but the guy is so fixated with Tenma that in the end nothing really happens!
Oct 5, 2015 12:30 AM

Sep 2014
I like blondie the best

Then Yakumo
Dec 13, 2015 9:59 AM

Jul 2014
Damn, this show was awesome.

At first, before watching this show, I only thought anime romantic comedies were all just shallow harem anime with retarded excuses for humor such every joke being about the guy getting beaten up, but this show proved me wrong!

Can't wait to start watching season 2!

5/5 for the episode, 8/10 for the season.
Mar 4, 2016 4:56 PM
Mar 28, 2016 6:17 PM

Jul 2015
That was a great first season, the only real problem i had other than not liking Tenma that much was the misunderstandings where really tiring toward the end but this anime was overall really funny, i give a 8/10, will start the second season right now !
Jun 22, 2016 7:50 PM
Feb 2015
so he was really alien ? im confused about last Scene
Nov 11, 2016 6:47 PM

Mar 2015
Damn this episode trolled me twice... Karasuma as an alien and then the body switching with Tenma and Iori. I'm not even sure if that happened or not. I hope in the next two seasons or in the manga there's a good ending for the characters- by that I mean Eri X Harima.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Nov 13, 2016 4:54 PM

Sep 2013
Damn...no closure at all. Why do shows do this? I liked the alien storyline...they should have just left it at that.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 18, 2017 12:34 PM

Jan 2017
It's true Karasuma was so dull until this episode . Honestly this ending is better than the real ending xD
May 10, 2017 7:31 AM

Nov 2016
Definitely more of a unique series, liked it overall, had some pretty entertaining episodes, but expected more of the last ones.

6/10 solid watch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 13, 2017 3:25 PM

Aug 2014
the biggest trolololololo ending I even seen in my life and probably trololo it goes in the second season

I hope second season will be better
for now this was the best (love) comedy and comedy only, anime that I watched :o
very funny but I want more than comedy
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 7, 2017 12:14 AM

Jul 2009
Just finished it. I was really pleased with a lot of it- Tenma is an adorable angel, really love Eri's development as a character and really the characters in general. Some good charm and comedy that works too.

But this show suffers from some of the same pitfalls as others of the same genre. Constant "misunderstandings," many of them ridiculous, just for the sake of plot makes it hard to take the show seriously sometimes.

Biggest thing though is the lack of concrete ending to the series (I read Rumble Z and the end to the OVA). Z was decent and gave some closure on Eri/Harima at least, but for the most part there's nothing in either the manga or OVA ending. Like the author's ending was just a toddler writing "then they all moved on. The end."

Always annoying when anime does that. Won't bother with the other season or the OVA...shame.
Apr 16, 2019 8:41 PM
Apr 2016
Funny good episode. Haha, to those that thought the ending of the previous episode was real. Good anime overall.
Jun 20, 2019 6:30 AM

Apr 2013
This show started off pretty well, but then got a little worse. Overall still a funny comedy show though. 6/10
Aug 26, 2019 9:39 PM

Oct 2010
Damnit, I've been trolled once again, so the alien thing was in harima's manga. I like the misunderstandings, heading straight for the 2nd season and the manga too.
Nakamura is a great support, eri must be proud
Sep 19, 2019 3:56 AM
Aug 2019
All was so random with this series; and I enjoyed every single part of it. Really entertaining, it progressively got more and more hilarious: 8/10
May 8, 2020 7:27 PM

Aug 2016
Akira and Sawachika best girls. Say no more 9/10
Jun 5, 2020 11:49 AM
Jul 2009
This was hilarious. I loved the part where Tenma and the kitty switch bodies. I especially like the end of that segment where Harima is acting like a cat. I'm glad there's more of this for me to watch :D
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jul 3, 2020 3:03 PM

Jun 2015
This episode surely pulled a fast one on me.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 12, 2021 12:51 PM

Sep 2017
Bruh I'm too confused now.What is this Neon Genesis Evangelion
خ
Dec 16, 2021 2:36 AM

Aug 2020
This show has tricked me many times XD I love this ep and every ep. I enjoyed watching until the end. It was very worth and fun riding the roller coaster journey.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jun 27, 2022 4:40 AM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
Sometimes when you watch School Rumble it gives you the same feeling you get when you're being rickrolled. This entire anime is just an elaborate effort to troll the viewer.
Karasuma is not an alien, he's just really weird. I felt like his one chance of being somewhat likeable went up in smoke the moment it became clear we were looking at the story of Harima's manga. :P

I'm really starting to like Eri. She's cute. ^_^
Beep boop
Jan 21, 2023 9:52 PM

Aug 2014
Fun season 1, really enjoyed it, especially the love triangle of Harima-Eri-Yakumo!!!

But I will say though: I do wish this season 1 was shorter than 26 episodes (maybe cut it down to 13 episodes this season 1), since I felt that many episodes were uninteresting overall or just too repetitive going nowhere.  Ive always said that comedy animes should be max 13 episodes long, since comedy can only keep a person interested for so long. 

Only thing that kept the anime interesting halfway through was the love situation with Harima and Eri.  

Yakumo is a cute girl, but I never shipped her with Harima; I never felt the spark between them like many of the shippers do, and I dont think Yakumo even likes Harima. At least Eri has feelings for Harima. 

Im very surprised that there are still 30 episodes left (2 OVA, season 2 26 episodes, 2 OVA to conclude). 

Come on OVA and season 2, give me more love triangle drama!!!
oooo3333May 14, 2023 8:30 PM
Jun 20, 2023 1:25 AM

Jan 2021
Lol everything is just a dream.

The ending... really told us to watch the second season xD

Same with Mikoto's, I hope Eri apologizes to Yakumo.

Jul 31, 2023 10:58 AM

Nov 2010
Cop out endings galore! I wanted the alien ending to be true. It looked dramatic, and it made me a bit emotional too. Nonetheless, I had plenty of laughs in this episode, especially those scenes of Tenma giving Karasuma that fish. Haha

I ship Tenma x Karasuma, while Harima looks good with Eri or Yakumo.
Aug 6, 2023 5:29 AM

Jun 2021
as soon as Tenma accidentally eavesdropped Harima confessing he loves her, it was even more than ever (come on, UFOs and everything were already enough to suspend disbelief) a question of "who will suddenly wake up" or, indeed "is this the manga being drawn?"

Goddamnit Sawachika and your extremely long car (i'll concede that the drivel bringing a shovel out of nowhere was a little funny)

"Of course, Meow is the new greeting among the girls at school" ... oh, well, the actual dream was the second half.

Didn't expect previews already into season 2, rewatching it for the third time and especially the survival game arc will be even greater now that i can comment here every single episode.
Sep 13, 2023 3:22 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2014:

Sep 13, 2023 5:19 PM
May 2020
It's one of those anime's you'll seriously enjoy if you don't take it too seriously and aren't looking for much. I even put it in dub for a bit. A very fun watch
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Rumble Episode 23 Discussion

aero - Aug 12, 2008

46 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 5:29 PM

Poll: » School Rumble Episode 22 Discussion

aero - Aug 12, 2008

37 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 1:24 PM

Poll: » School Rumble Episode 9 Discussion

aero - Aug 11, 2008

44 by lighthalzen-kun »»
Apr 23, 9:25 PM

Poll: » School Rumble Episode 21 Discussion

aero - Aug 12, 2008

39 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 23, 6:05 PM

Poll: » School Rumble Episode 20 Discussion

aero - Aug 12, 2008

30 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 22, 5:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.