Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 24, 2011 8:12 AM
May 2011
Disappointment, disappointment and disappointment!..

Only good thing: twins are i n e x p r e s s i b l e delightful girls!!! ^_^ ^_^
Dec 16, 2011 10:06 PM

May 2010
So much foreshadowing... delicious! I was about to complain that it was overdone, but since none of the comments seem to be noticing it, I guess I'll rescind that complaint. There's just constant "something's not right" moments that I keep picking up on, and in this episode it was way more obvious than before. Previously, it would be something like a weird camera angle as she was walking home, or a conspicuous lack of background music, which was pretty subtle if you weren't paying attention. This time, we see her let a person die, and for a brief frame she even grins as she's plunging the sword into the demon. Then of course there's the obvious fact that the slice-of-life is just too cheerful.

Unfortunately, although I absolutely love the exposition they're corrupting here, I think that since it's only 12 episodes there's not going to be much room for plot. To pull this off, they're going to have to condense the plot down to one main idea. It's doable, but tough.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jan 25, 2012 7:42 PM

Oct 2007
Sigh... And here I thought they were actually introducing some sort of plot with the baker going missing.
But she just stood there and let him die without even batting an eye about it.
Still no plot, still following the formula of the first two episodes, and still boring the heck out of me.
I'll keep watching for now, but I'm not holding my breath.
Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Apr 3, 2012 12:09 PM

Dec 2008
Why did Saya just stood there and let the baker died. I mean wtheck. Isn't she suppose to PROTECT the people in that town. Also why is her father so formal with her before she goes out to kill. They seriously take there sweet time in the whole 'take this sword and slay them' bit. I'm also falling asleep because it's a bit boring when the class rep is repeatedly 'hitting on her'. Ugh, to be honest I''m watching it for Tokizane Shinichirou. I ship him and Saya so hard!! :D
kaylee130Sep 1, 2017 2:51 PM

Jul 6, 2012 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
Aww. I expected Bakemonogatari to be great and got a strsnge, perverted story. I expected a new Blood+ by the name of Blood-C and got...well, this. Anime is getting too depressing for me.<3 Please pick up, Blood-C. I believe in you!

At least the twins got more screentime. They are by far my favorite part of the show. Too cute and overly dramatic.<3

The bus was creepy, and the fighting is even getting better. Perhaps this show really will pick up, but I'm just glad I have enough free-time to get through this today.
Jul 7, 2012 1:15 PM

Sep 2011
What I don't get is why a full 40% either disliked it or hated it. Why do they continue to watch?

When I've seen a few episodes of a story I didn't like, I just drop the series and give it my final low score. Easy to do...

Being a long time CLAMP fan, it's fun to see their work again... I read some of these to be characters to be reincarnations of some other characters from other CLAMP manga/anime.

I really hope that I can give this a high score when I am done viewing all of the anime!
Sep 18, 2012 1:34 AM

Jul 2008
I can't tell if this is a slice of life show, or a bloody horror show.

And where are the vampires?

It can't stay cutesy like this forever, something has to give soon.
Mar 30, 2013 12:54 AM

Oct 2009
dint start this show with high hopes anyways but a few things need to change within next few eps. sumthin needs to interrupt all this cheery village life, the dark secret /antagonist has to start revealing itself. more vamps & more creatures to eviscerate. (obviously i have a thing for babes, blades, bloodlust)

dont rly care the singing or the twins i see the similarities two the twins of xholic whice prolly 1 in the same. i like the dog/fox & i wanna know wat that teacher is hiding
Apr 23, 2013 9:10 PM

Sep 2009
Wow...so many people are dropping the show already

I'm so confused by what's going on >_<
Plus....Saya REALLY needs to stop singing every episode....
May 20, 2013 6:43 PM

Aug 2010
She could have saved the guys life. No, she would rather just stand there and watch.
Oct 26, 2015 2:41 PM

Mar 2013
Why didn't she save the poor guy? Shit Saya.

I'm watching this show for Tatsuhisa voicing Tokizane nghh he has been good so far.

But I'm not sure about the plot so far...
Feb 9, 2016 11:52 PM

Sep 2012
Interesting. A monster that can turn into a train.
May 28, 2017 7:22 AM

Feb 2015
Seabury said:
So much foreshadowing... delicious! I was about to complain that it was overdone, but since none of the comments seem to be noticing it, I guess I'll rescind that complaint. There's just constant "something's not right" moments that I keep picking up on, and in this episode it was way more obvious than before. Previously, it would be something like a weird camera angle as she was walking home, or a conspicuous lack of background music, which was pretty subtle if you weren't paying attention. This time, we see her let a person die, and for a brief frame she even grins as she's plunging the sword into the demon. Then of course there's the obvious fact that the slice-of-life is just too cheerful.

<-- This - well said. I'm glad someone else picked up on the hints they were dropping throughout the show for possible things to come. It piques my curiosity about what those things may be.

Jan 13, 2018 12:34 AM
Jun 2017
It was ok... it gets a bit boring... and i was like:

SAKA C'MON! HUH? YOU LET THAT MAN DİE? SERİOUSLY? WHAT THE HECK?

ah poor man...
Sep 12, 2019 6:28 PM
Jul 2018
Notes:

1. I despise the twins. Annoying af. Any type of anime character that acts in unison with another gets on my nerves.

2. On the contrary, I won't say this anime is awful. Everyone's saying that the anime is bad because "nothing happened" and because there's no plot. Tbh, I don't really mind. That's just me personally. Typically, I feel whether an anime is good/bad lies in facts over opinions -- if a majority says that an anime is good/bad, it's most likely because it is good/bad, and thus should or shouldn't be watched. But this is one of the few exceptions. I simply enjoy watching the mundane activities that occur. Like when Saya just walks around and all you hear is quiet/crickets/calm-or-eerie music. Really builds suspense.
- I like the patterns too... the first half of the episode because bright, colorful, and slice-of-lifey, with the second half being drenched in darkness. Leading to my next point...

3. The monsters are legitimately terrifying. Good job on the anime's end.
- This episode's monsters, as the others, was well executed. They've all been very unique. This one sorta resembled an elephant at times. But I think it's cool that it's a shape-shifter. And that the manga/anime developers didn't take the cliche route and make it turn into a human to dupe others or some animal. Quite innovative making it shift into a subway. Then we saw a glimpse of how it planned to lure passengers during the day (when it attempted to manipulate the driver). Then again... the railway was covered in moss and clearly abandoned, so I don't know why the monster would choose this location to feed.

4. This'll sound random, but I don't see enough people talking about it. The school uniforms. They're black and red with chain/metal necklaces. It's so odd. I'd definitely EXPECT students to have these kinds of uniforms in dark/grim animes -- like this one -- however, as of episode 3, it doesn't look like the color of the uniforms have any significance to the plot (or lack thereof). Are their uniforms seriously just that way for the sake of design? It's so intriguing, considering the strange outfit aesthetic has no purpose whatsoever.

5. Thanks to this anime, I've discovered a new food. G-g-g-guimauve.

6. Something that didn't sit right with me... the baker had been missing for three days, correct? Why did he just show up on the street out of nowhere? He couldn't have just been walking around in that entranced state for three days. And then only be found by Saya on that third day where he's coincidentally be eaten shortly after. ..... And why WAS he entranced? Why was he in a gaze like that? Was he possessed by the shape-shifting monster?
- I'd think not... it's a bit of a stretch for the shapeshifter to go through such drastic measures... turning into a freight train and hypnotizing the baker to board it. Why not just have the baker walk into the tunnel?

^ This must be an example of why the anime is so "bad" and lacks a plot.

Again, I don't mind the lack of a plot or storyline, but there are some inconsistencies, distractions, and a lackluster of logic throughout the show.

I'll also note that the animation is nothing spectacular, although I very much enjoy the atmosphere and vibe of the anime, probably one of the few things I'm sticking around for.
Aug 23, 2021 4:58 AM
Dec 2017
So far an alright episode.

Oct 23, 2022 2:44 AM
Feb 2012
Pathetic as all episodes i watched. Lalala, slash, blood, gore, cooffee and sweets.
May 14, 2023 5:43 AM

Nov 2010
As someone who dislikes people I don't know or care about by default, I would love to live in such a quiet town! Right now, I live in a big city filled with people, and switching personalities to socialize with them is taxing. Sigh.
Poor glasses guy. He has no chance at romance with Saya, lol.
Gore is good, as always! It's too bad he let that poor guy die in the end, but it's also good at the same time since it's not the typical show where the protagonist saves everybody. It also seems like she can turn into sadist mode and become stronger. Maybe she's more of an anti-hero?
Oct 1, 2023 5:06 AM

Jan 2023
It's an okay episode. I like the more wholesome moments of this one, the monster was kinda cool, I guess.
Nov 8, 2023 2:14 PM

Dec 2022
Everyone is very relaxed in this village, including Saya. She didn't even care when the brainwashed baker guy walked into the murder train and got splattered all over it.

The Bairn in this episode started speaking for once, and said something about "honoring the covenant". Is Saya actually related to the Bairn in some way, pershaps?

Shaded Horizon

Nov 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Nov 2012
OMG this episode pissed me off. SHe just let the baker get eaten. "I couldn't save him." Bitch, you didn't even try! That's some f'd up ish man!
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Jan 2008
Seriously, who is this show for? Blood is a horror franchise, but horror fans are not feasting these past 3 episodes, and slice of life fans can't be satisfied either. Who greenlit this weirdly mediocre show?

Also, why did Saya just let the guy die? The heck. And none of the monsters have looked remotely interesting. Dunno why I was expecting vampire hunting in this show...
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 29, 2011

283 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 8, 2023 8:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.