Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 26, 2011 3:38 PM
May 2009
I want more
Jun 26, 2011 3:59 PM
Jul 2007
7/10 overall. 8-9/10 for several categories. I really do want to see more of female ninja/fox god and her demon busting superior. I can see that being a big chunk of the next seasons plot without too much trouble. It won't be; but one could hope.

I wouldn't mind an o.v.a or two based on their travels frankly.

As for the harem and shinku? he's the main character. Likeable but he doesn't have the personality that the queen's sister does. The researcher. or even the captain of the queen's bodyguard. Despite having far more screen time.

The only reason we know he has any emotion besides happy, positive, self-sacrificing, energetic, and gung-ho is because of this last episode.

I love his combat style (not really a fan of his seal attacks or the surfboard mind...) Anyhew i'm wandering.

I think the harem will be worth a couple good laughs but nothing serious is going to actually occur and no real decisions will ever be made. It doesn't matter how many seasons the anime runs.

I'm personally hoping for a longer 24-26 or even a 50+ episode second season myself. I don't mind waiting a year or two but the last thing I want is them coming out with a small handful of o.v.a 3-12 episode follow ups.

Either go full bore or let it end on a high note.

Thing is they have quite a few famous and popular voice actors; all of which have other contracts. Keeping this cast intact will be difficult I'm afraid...

note.... Does anyone else get a kind of Kyou Kara Maou feel from this anime?
Jun 26, 2011 5:02 PM

Aug 2010
This turned out so much better than I anticipated. This show was very enjoyable and the happy ending really fit in with the series nicely.
Jun 26, 2011 5:10 PM

Nov 2008
Seriously, I want more!!! They have yet to venture outside Flonyard! :( This show has potential to have more dark elements and harem! T_T

9/10. Waiting for the second season~

For now, I'll imagine this having a sequel. Shinku bringing Rebecca to their world and create love complication XDD And also Nanami, who is Shinku's rival, will side with Galette :D And also venturing outside Flonyard where theres demons XDD And perhaps a REAL war between Biscotti and Galette. Me and my imagination.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 26, 2011 5:28 PM

Apr 2011
Great anime till the end!!

Good finale, let's hope for another ride!!

4/5

Dog Days 8.5/10
Jun 26, 2011 5:41 PM

Jul 2008
I don't really see a second season. Yes he remembers Flonyard...that doesn't mean there has to be a second season.

5/10. I liked a few episodes, but this series kind of grinds my gears.
Jun 26, 2011 6:19 PM

Mar 2009
Whole series was pretty enjoyable, a 2nd season might bring the series downhill, although there is enough backstory and setting for a 2nd series to pull off a good sequel.

The conditions was a bit cheesy, reminds me of chemistry - These are the rules that are set in stone, oh wait here's an exception.
Jun 26, 2011 6:41 PM

Nov 2007
somewhat of an open ending. I'm glad he didn't stay that would have been pretty lame. of course the lame plot device of leaving stuff and a note behind brings him back.

I also would like more Becky if there is more. pretty average though. my favorite was Leo.
Jun 26, 2011 7:05 PM

Apr 2011
SilentPredator03 said:
razisgosu said:
Man am I the only one who ships Shinku and Eclair instead of Shinku and the princess?

Great series, I want a 2nd season as well! Solid 9/10 from me.

I'm with you on the Shinku/Eclair - princess characters always bore me.

And this princess character in particular is ultra-boring. Much rather have Eclair.

All the characters were bland except for Eclair and the Hero. I enjoyed it some, but 8/10 is probably too generous. 7/10 feels right.
Jun 26, 2011 7:27 PM

Nov 2010
AngelicFeces said:

There isn't a 100% need of a second season with how it ended, but I would love one (but I kind of doubt it will get one :( ).

This. If it gets one then I want more Becky time :/
Jun 26, 2011 7:43 PM

Jun 2009
That was actually more dramatic than Ano Hana's final episode.

Anyway, it was a good episode for a final one. Would have been better if there is a kiss or something. A second season will be alright but I think one season is enough for me.

7/10 for this anime.
Jun 26, 2011 7:46 PM

Feb 2010
It could have been complete shit... but it wasn't. It definitely got better as things progressed.. but for me it was too little too late.

It was simply average in all aspects imo; in story, in characters, in setting, and in overall quality. Nothing stood out.

If there is a second season, I won't be watching. 5/10
Jun 26, 2011 8:43 PM
Dec 2010
Lol am i the only one that noticed the maid finally opened her eyes?(i think)
Insignificant details ftw
Jun 26, 2011 8:48 PM

Apr 2008
not a bad ending .. hope for 2nd season

Jun 26, 2011 8:48 PM
Jun 2010
Really corny ending and theres like a love quadrangle going on anyways so I dunno how they could even develop anything in any direction. I'd watch a second season but at a lot of points in this anime I would look away from the screen and just think "damn thats a lotta cheese".
Jun 26, 2011 9:02 PM

Nov 2010
Okay ending, at least Shinku got his memories back. I can see a second season coming together but it's fine the way it is now.
Jun 26, 2011 9:06 PM

Jul 2010
The ending is ok. I'm guessing there'll be a second season, if it's possible but that depends on how the DVD/Blu-ray sales.
Jun 26, 2011 9:17 PM

Sep 2010
Finally it's over. Not surprising with how things turned out.
Jun 27, 2011 2:29 AM

Sep 2009
There better be a second season. I want to see Becky go with Cingue to the other world. They might as well bring that other girl they showed in this episode as well.

Liked the show, I just really want another season lol.
Jun 27, 2011 5:16 AM

Aug 2009
A really nice end.
A second season would be also nice + more Becky.
Jun 27, 2011 7:14 AM

Aug 2010
Ahhh really good ending w/ episodes 12+13
I dont mind admiting i had tears of sadness, then later replaced by tears of joy :)

I wouldn't mind a second season, but I also am okay with how it currently left off. Either way i'm happy :)

Although seeing everyones happy faces whin Shinku returns would be pretty great :D
Jun 27, 2011 7:48 AM
Oct 2009
I did not like the episode to be honest, much like the whole show, if this gets a season two I will sigh in annoyance, since I will force myself to watch it.
Jun 27, 2011 10:32 AM

Mar 2010
Another great anime has ended.. I wouldn't call anything in this episode a second season hint though. It was just the ending that was expected and foreshadowed the entire time.
I wouldn't mind it if they did make a new season though, as I adored this show greatly.
Jun 27, 2011 1:55 PM

Oct 2009
Jun 27, 2011 2:49 PM

Oct 2010
ThorAxe911 said:
Ahhh really good ending w/ episodes 12+13
I dont mind admiting i had tears of sadness
Yeah me too. Exactly at the part where the love confession started. The BGM was amazingly emotional at that part even though I heard it in some other anime.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 27, 2011 7:24 PM
Feb 2011
this turned out better than i thought, i'd be down with a season 2
Jun 27, 2011 11:22 PM

Apr 2009
Ending was fine. I'd be alright for a second season, especially if Seven Arcs manages to pull it off like Nanoha A's. Overall Dog Days plot was quite bad. But the action scenes were nice.
Jun 28, 2011 5:01 AM

Nov 2010
this is how a show should end (they should have done that with Yumekui Merry. good ending but still room for a second season. and i'm also one of those who WANT that second season :D
Jun 28, 2011 11:18 AM

Apr 2011
I really hope there will be a second season, and Shinku will bring Becky and Nanami along to Biscotti when it's summer vacation.

9/10 for me, this aniime was one of my favorites this season.
Jun 28, 2011 11:36 AM

Apr 2011
The final episode wasn't bad. I am glad that Shinku regained his memories at the end. I hope there will be a second season, too. Shinku could go back along with Becky to the fantasy world.

7/10
Jun 29, 2011 4:33 AM
Jul 2008
that was short episode..
i think overall of the episodes are very short..
in the beginning still nice but it's going down..
but i like it at the end.. nice ending..
hopefully for the second season/OVA
Jun 29, 2011 8:56 PM

Aug 2009
I liked how they ended it. If they make another season that would be great.If not then at least it ended well. If they do make a second hopefull they will bring Becky and Nanami along with Cinque to Flonyard
Jun 29, 2011 10:17 PM

Aug 2009
Average show at best. I'm looking forward to a possible second season.
-Fixing-
Jun 30, 2011 3:52 AM

Jun 2008
I saw no hint for a second season at all. Where to you people see that? It seems more like a happy ending to the story and a close. Sure they can easily make a sequel but indications that they actually plan to make one where not given.
Anyway i don't think it needs a sequel really.
Jun 30, 2011 10:29 AM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
I saw no hint for a second season at all. Where to you people see that? It seems more like a happy ending to the story and a close. Sure they can easily make a sequel but indications that they actually plan to make one where not given.
I don't feel like proving this but the ring Paladion established a link between the 2 worlds.

The dog coming back is another sign.

There is also the vow that was fulfilled which means Shinku may come back. They may do one or they may not. Remains to be seen.

Jun 30, 2011 11:35 AM
Jun 2008
They probably left it open like that and depending on BD sales they'll make a second season... i hope they do
Jun 30, 2011 1:05 PM

Mar 2008
Quite a funny anime in the end. It'll most likely get a second season soon :)
Jul 1, 2011 2:31 AM

Jul 2011
I like it overall..

I like The ending song of the 13 episode...

Anyone knows it?
Jul 1, 2011 3:51 AM

Jul 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Monad said:
I don't feel like proving this but the ring Paladion established a link between the 2 worlds.

There is also the vow that was fulfilled which means Shinku may come back. They may do one or they may not. Remains to be seen.

I think those things just point to what Monad said: an ending that had closure and was happy. Yes, Shinku will go back, and he may bring Becky. But it doesn't mean there will be a sequel.
Jul 1, 2011 10:15 AM

Aug 2009
lame ending
Jul 1, 2011 10:01 PM

Nov 2007
If Shinku brings his friend back with him it will be a love square lol.

Anyways I really enjoyed the final episode and I'm glad Shinku got his memories back.
Jul 2, 2011 6:30 AM

Oct 2010
GarLogan78 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Monad said:

I think those things just point to what Monad said: an ending that had closure and was happy. Yes, Shinku will go back, and he may bring Becky. But it doesn't mean there will be a sequel.
OK, yeah it does not mean there will be a sequel but it also means that there could be one done in the future because the possibility is there wide open.

Jul 3, 2011 4:25 AM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
GarLogan78 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Monad said:

OK, yeah it does not mean there will be a sequel but it also means that there could be one done in the future because the possibility is there wide open.

The ending reminded me of the first Nanoha season finale. It's a nice and fitting conclussion to the whole season, but it also leaves the door open to a second one if they decide to continue from that point.
And since it's the same studio the possibilty is even higher but it still depends on the DVD/BD sales.
Jul 7, 2011 4:00 AM
Jan 2011
i was a bit skeptical when this started myself, but it did get better which i was surprised about, just when i was about to drop it, it would be nice to get a second season seems to be a lot of stuff they could expand on, new kingdoms and new characters, so let hope there's another series.
Jul 7, 2011 9:15 PM

Jun 2011
Well, still shocked by the fact that after there was some blood and some actually decent action I sort of started to like this anime (took a while, but yeah).
Wouldn't mind a second season.
Also, in this case I guess I can't do anything but to approve of this 'happy' ending.
If he had not even got his memories back it would've probably felt like he did all of that for nothing anyway.. which would've been a waste of time.
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Jul 22, 2011 9:43 AM

Aug 2008
So ends a very cute, but vapid series. The keyword for this show would be... Inconsequential. Everyone was saved, everything was handled smoothly in one way or another. And though it was feigned throughout most of the show; the ambiguous harem was once again flaunted in another series. I think I finally know why it is bad to have your cake and eat it, too. It makes for a lack of drama.

Jul 27, 2011 10:44 AM

Apr 2008
Gave this a 7.
At first I was thinking this would be the spring season`s worst anime, but then I continued to watch and it turned out to be fun to watch.
The scene where Shinku(or whatever his name is) was getting the Princess to give paw and such was hillarious and stupid though, that was in ep 12 I think :P

Jul 30, 2011 10:36 AM

Jan 2008
There must have been a mistake. Leo's second Holy Sword wasn't called ExMachina. It was Deus Ex Machina... cause that's what that ending was. He just happnes to leave the exact number of items and just happenes to leave just the right letter. Come on... there's only so much coicidence BS I can take.
Aug 9, 2011 6:01 PM

Nov 2010
Loved it, here's to hoping that a second season is in the works.
Aug 26, 2011 3:52 PM

Jul 2010
Dog Days was a really nice and heartwarming anime and I hope that a second season will be announced especially cause I want to see more of Millhi-chan and the rest of the characters that were so MOE! O.O
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 11, 2011

65 by ZenielDanaku »»
Feb 3, 1:43 PM

» Why the heck is the animation looks good in this anime??

RjtheGreat14 - Jul 26, 2023

8 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:57 PM

» will Dogdays get seaon 4 or it was canceled after season 3 finished airing

FL-SYNC - Apr 21, 2023

3 by Dorkave »»
Jun 9, 2023 6:56 PM

» Does dog days have any romance?

FlamingMangos - Feb 26, 2014

5 by Prizma10 »»
Dec 30, 2021 10:39 PM

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

heidurzo - Apr 24, 2011

66 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Dec 23, 2021 3:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.