Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
May 11, 2015 2:36 PM

Aug 2014
Kyubey is Love. Kyubey is Life.
Can't we just kill Sayaka already!?
I love Minimalist Arts. Such Simplicity, yet hold so much Meanings to me.
Jul 8, 2015 9:14 AM
Apr 2015
Actually hoped she was dead. Sayaka is annoying.
Jul 23, 2015 6:13 PM

Jul 2015
Whew, I'm glad Sayaka is okay! She's my favorite character right now! Homura is really cool though, I have to admit. And how about her rushing after the soul gem to save Sayaka like that, eh! Not to mention trying to protect her from Kyouko. She's not completely cold-hearted! :P

That Kyubei though... I don't think he's evil, but he definitely not right. ✿ 5/5
Aug 14, 2015 7:36 PM

Sep 2013
Damn that Kyubey, he just had to leave out that detail about the soul gems didin't he? Poor Sayaka almost died again. Kyoko is still a jerk though.
Aug 16, 2015 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
Nah, I don't understand all the fuss. I 100% agree with Kyubey. What's so bad about basically making armor which secures the 'soul'? He did them a service. Shows seems to imply that he's wrong and protagonists are right, which is kinda annoying.

Especially whining about how 'dead' their bodies now are is stupid. Like, your body is still working the same way it was, Sayaka.

Argh. One single thing which I don't like in the whole show.
removed-userAug 16, 2015 2:02 PM
Aug 23, 2015 3:51 AM

Mar 2014
Still waiting for dat amazyn writin to show
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 26, 2015 9:52 PM

Jul 2014
yo, for a second there my heart stopped o__o'' thankfully Homura is the cool and calm girl she is and saved Sayaka.
Madoka, you're really adorable, really! But that was a dumb thing to do :/
seems like Kyoko just got a wake up call too...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2015 5:04 AM

Jul 2014
Kyuubey should die in hell. That evil creepy looking cat thing! He disgusts me!

Madoka...till now, she's one of the lamest protagonists I've ever encountered. Her character development has the pace of a friggin' snail -_-
I just wish she'll stop being a crybaby soon!

Homura-san rocks! B|
Sep 18, 2015 9:59 AM

Jul 2015
Still not sure if I like the show or not, but I really hope that fucking rat gets crushed by a truck before it ends.
Sep 19, 2015 10:25 PM

Dec 2009
Hahaha Kyubey you sly one. I don't think I'll consider him to be evil yet. But the fact that he didn't inform any of the girls about this before they decide to become a magical girl is suspect. I guess it just proves more that he really wants these girls to become one, especially Madoka. Now the reason why though hmm...

Also Homura seems to know of this, but didn't tell Madoka or Sayaka? Why didn't she tell them, it would have been a good way to convince them not to go down the dreaded path.
Still I'll give her props for saying the best line of the series so far "I'm an ally to those who maintain their composure, and an enemy to idiotic aggressors"
Sep 25, 2015 11:09 AM

Mar 2015
Holy shit.... didn't expect that...

MAYBE Kyubei is the bad guy! So Homura was right all along!

I'm really liking this Sakura.. I hope she become buddies with them.

Oct 18, 2015 1:31 PM
May 2013
I didn't not see that , except that fact that her soul is the Soul Gem .
Sakura training Sayaka to be a yandere XD
Now other characters see how awesome and good person is Akemi .
Kyuubei was fishy from the start , but his methods are good , I mean he's not crazy enough to let a frail girl fight some supernatural being without making some upgrades B-)
Nov 10, 2015 6:51 AM

Jul 2008
Oh Kyubey be getting evil up in here.
Dec 28, 2015 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
Let's go to a place where we won't attract a crowd. Like a busy highway, very low profile.

And I figured Kyubey's best interest was to keep them mahou shoujo alive and busy, seems silly to not explain important things until shit happens.

Pretty funny episode all around.
Jan 1, 2016 1:12 PM

Aug 2014
Kyoko is a pretty interesting character. But I really dislike Kyuubey >.>
Jan 5, 2016 8:07 AM

Sep 2015
Kyubey is one shady motherf*cker alright... lol Each ep that passes, I get even more the feeling that something's fishy about that cute rat.

Madoka also pisses me off with her squeaky voice like she's always about to burst out crying.
Homura-chan best character yet <3

:When Madoka threw Sayaka's soul gem:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2016 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
Yay, another plot twist! I was waiting for that.

2/5

Comic_Sans said:

Same here, mate.
D-ohnutsJan 21, 2016 8:27 AM
Jan 20, 2016 2:34 PM

Mar 2014
64SuperNintendo said:

2/5

Comic_Sans said:

Same here, mate.
*anti Madoka fistbump*
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 21, 2016 6:37 PM

Aug 2014
This was a great episode , i feel that Kyubei has some evil intentions .
Jan 27, 2016 9:37 AM
Sep 2011
Comic_Sans said:

But don't you see how brilliant and subversive this show is? The item called a SOUL gem is literally a SOUL! No one could have thought of that! It's the first magical girl show to deconstruct the genre!! So deep!
Feb 13, 2016 9:25 AM

Jun 2015
and the dark truth is finally told
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 4, 2016 4:06 AM

Jan 2013
Homura looked pretty badass chasing Sayaka's soul.
Pretty cool way of telling how their magical powers work ... their body is nothing but a representation of their soul (gem)

Love how sinister Kyuubey gets the more we find out.

Madoka ... become a magical girl already ...
Apr 27, 2016 11:17 AM
Feb 2016
D-ohnuts said:

2/5

Comic_Sans said:

Same here, mate.

If you ain't seen it, you won't. Oh, maybe you'll say someting good at about episode 10 -- your kind usually does -- but considering your reactions, you should probalby be spending your time elsewhere.
May 1, 2016 5:59 PM

Feb 2014
Kyubey is sneaky manipulator lol Only crap I didn't expect this to happen! I was really shocked by the life and death of the magical girls life. Like wow.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Jun 24, 2016 11:57 AM

Sep 2013
I really can't stand Madoka....she's whiny and irritating. I kinda want her to become a Mahou Shoujo so that someone can throw her soul gem away!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 24, 2016 12:20 PM
Mar 2015
Talon184 said:
I really can't stand Madoka....she's whiny and irritating. I kinda want her to become a Mahou Shoujo so that someone can throw her soul gem away!
tbh people who hate madoka/shinji , usually hate themselves.
She's a depiction of reality.
Jun 24, 2016 12:37 PM

Sep 2013
Beatex said:

I have trouble seeing her as a depiction of reality at this point in the show. She's offered a wish without limits to gain magical powers and rather than being excited at the prospect she whines and cries and basically gets in the way. She could simply make a wish for all the witches to die and never come back and then her problem is solved and she's got magical powers. She could wish to cure all disease or end poverty or war and turn the earth into a utopia even if doing so gets herself killed in the process and yet all she does is whine and cower.

I'm not sure why you say people who hate her usually hate themselves. Has there been a study done proving this to be true? Where exactly is this information coming from? I'm pretty sure I don't hate myself. Madoka is whiny and annoying at this point in the show, though, and I don't enjoy her character at all.

Jun 24, 2016 12:49 PM
Mar 2015
Talon184 said:
Beatex said:

I have trouble seeing her as a depiction of reality at this point in the show. She's offered a wish without limits to gain magical powers and rather than being excited at the prospect she whines and cries and basically gets in the way. She could simply make a wish for all the witches to die and never come back and then her problem is solved and she's got magical powers. She could wish to cure all disease or end poverty or war and turn the earth into a utopia even if doing so gets herself killed in the process and yet all she does is whine and cower.

I'm not sure why you say people who hate her usually hate themselves. Has there been a study done proving this to be true? Where exactly is this information coming from? I'm pretty sure I don't hate myself. Madoka is whiny and annoying at this point in the show, though, and I don't enjoy her character at all.

madoka is very "evangelionish". Shinji is hated cuz he never wants to pilot the robot. Tbh no one in a real situation would because u'd get hurt and u'd be shitting ur pants when fighting. People hate him cuz deep down they know they are like him and they want a show where the MC kicks ass.

In madoka, she was gonna become a magical girl but seeing mami die shocked her realising somehow homura was right about kyubey and decided to accompany sayaka to show she cared (or something) and u spoiled urself the ending of madoka
BeatexJun 24, 2016 12:54 PM
Jun 24, 2016 3:04 PM

Sep 2013
Beatex said:

madoka is very "evangelionish". Shinji is hated cuz he never wants to pilot the robot. Tbh no one in a real situation would because u'd get hurt and u'd be shitting ur pants when fighting. People hate him cuz deep down they know they are like him and they want a show where the MC kicks ass.

You're making an assumption that most people know deep down that they are like Shinji. I really disagree with that statement. Is this based on actual research or are you just stating your opinion as a fact? I think people are far more likely to simply be annoyed by whiny people who always complain about things. Also, I see this as being a very different situation than Evangelion. The wish that is available to Madoka can make all the difference in the world to her survival. Shinji just has to get in the giant robot and hope he doesn't get killed. Madoka (if she has any brains at all) can use the wish to do something great while increasing (if not ensuring outright) her survivability. Either way, if she doesn't take on the role of magical girl, the evils that exist in her world will still be there, killing and causing mayhem and she is allowing it to happen. Shinji, at least, got in the mech and fought even though he was scared to death. I don't mind him nearly as much. He was whiny, but he got the job done. Madoka is content to not only avoid responsibility, but to get in the way of others who are putting their own lives at risk to fight in her place.

You say "no one in a real situation would because u'd get hurt and u'd be shitting ur pants when fighting" but I disagree. Many people would see this as an opportunity to do something great with their lives and would jump at the chance to make a difference by combating the evil forces abundant in the show. Not everyone would be shitting themselves in fear. Some people would, of course, but hopefully those people would stay home and curl up in a ball and cry themselves to sleep while someone else does the fighting for them rather then constantly getting in the way and making bad situations worse. She's annoying and 2-dimensional and she bores me. Maybe she'll evolve as the series progresses. I hope so. But, for now, she sucks.

Jun 24, 2016 8:00 PM

Jul 2014
Asehpe said:
If you ain't seen it, you won't. Oh, maybe you'll say someting good at about episode 10 -- your kind usually does -- but considering your reactions, you should probalby be spending your time elsewhere.

That was actually my second time watching the show, I was just rewatching it for when I review it. I didn't like it that much the first time I watched it, and my opinion didn't change on my rewatch. Guess you should have checked first.

Also, lol at "your kind". Guess I'm subhuman for not liking this.

Beatex said:

Dude, come on. Stop projecting.
D-ohnutsJun 24, 2016 8:05 PM
Jul 8, 2016 9:23 PM
Feb 2016
RLinksoul said:
Comic_Sans said:

But don't you see how brilliant and subversive this show is? The item called a SOUL gem is literally a SOUL! No one could have thought of that! It's the first magical girl show to deconstruct the genre!! So deep!

I wouldn't say 'deep' because of that, but 'deconstructive', yes! How many similar magical obejcts also have cutey names like 'soul gem', yet nobody ever thinks they're actually meant to be true?... That's pulling the threads of our expectations of the genre, yessir!
Jul 8, 2016 9:25 PM
Feb 2016
touchmylexicon said:
why was it so surprising that the SOUL gem has your soul in it?
i agree with Kyuubey, it's not really that big of a deal.

Because lots of shows have magical objects (usually jewels) with cutey names like that, but which are not meant literally. In here, it is meant literally. It makes you go back to all those other shows and wonder what would happen if the cutey names of their magical objects were also meant literally...
Jul 8, 2016 9:38 PM
Feb 2016
Talon184 said:

You're making an assumption that most people know deep down that they are like Shinji. I really disagree with that statement. Is this based on actual research or are you just stating your opinion as a fact? I think people are far more likely to simply be
annoyed by whiny people who always complain about things.

[...]snip[...]

You say "no one in a real situation would because u'd get hurt and u'd be shitting ur pants when fighting" but I disagree. Many people would see this as an opportunity to do something great with their lives and would jump at the chance to make a difference by combating the evil forces abundant in the show. Not everyone would be shitting themselves in fear. Some people would, of course, but hopefully those people would stay home and curl up in a ball and cry themselves to sleep while someone else does the fighting for them rather then constantly getting in the way and making bad situations worse. She's annoying and 2-dimensional and she bores me. Maybe she'll evolve as the series progresses. I hope so. But, for now, she sucks.

I have to disagree, both on NGE and on MM. I do think that most people would run away screaming if they were in Shinji's situation -- I think you're not imagining it correctly if you think it only involves getting inside the robot and fighting the angels. Add also "you feel every physical pain the EVA goes through", "you have to breathe through LCL", to say nothing of the usual tropes of war: you see your friends die, etc. I'd say Shinji's situation is worse than that of a soldier in WWII; and we all know that not all people are cut to be soldiers, much the opposite actually, to say nothing of those who are but still come back home with serious PTSD.

So I think you're underestimating what Shinji goes through. Plus, you think he's complaining all the time -- the impression I have is that he's silent most of the time, and does as he's told. When he complains, he is usually alone, and is talking to himself. More often than not, he just lies in bed speechless, or then says nothing. Others (Asuka) criticize him all the time, or even try to get him to speak (Misato, sometimes); but I don't think he does that most of the time. He's more the silent type than the whiny type. I think most viewers get this impression because we get to see his inner monologues, while the other characters in NGE don't.

Do I have stats? No. It's just my personal experience: just as most people who love astronauts don't really have what it takes to become one, most people who complain about Shinji probably don't have what it takes to do what he does -- even if they had his synchronization level. Those who think they would be "doing something wonderful with their lives" just don't realize how shitty the work actually is, how uninspiring, albeit necessary. I may be wrong... but I don't think so. I would be really surprised if most people, even most people who complain, could have defeated even half of the angels Shinji defeated without running away screaming -- and that, even if they somehow manage to start out thinking they're "doing something special with their lives". I'm sure there are some -- heroes do exist -- but most? Naah... Most would give up.

As for Madoka... I think you're leaving out the kind of courage she has. She's the one muggle who doesn't shy away from running into danger when it appears, despite having no powers, led only by the hope of somehow helping her friends. Just as she immediately went after Hitomi to that suicide party and ended up chucking the bucket with poison through the window, or as she decided to accompany Sayaka just to keep an eye on her and to help her if need be -- whereas most people who have Madoka's persnality type would be very much afraid, Madoka wasn't. I think that people don't realize that she is actually courageous, as courageous as someone without magical powers could be in her situation. She is not arrogant, nor does she think that she has to be the focal point of the scene -- but courage is not something she lacks.
AsehpeJul 8, 2016 10:20 PM
Jul 8, 2016 9:43 PM
Feb 2016
D-ohnuts said:
Asehpe said:

That was actually my second time watching the show, I was just rewatching it for when I review it. I didn't like it that much the first time I watched it, and my opinion didn't change on my rewatch. Guess you should have checked first.

Also, lol at "your kind". Guess I'm subhuman for not liking this.

An easier explanation is that English is not my native language. I didn't mean any offense; I just meant what I said: your kind tends to like Episode 10 better. Which is OK: your personality type is probably not the kind who can get much out of Madoka Magica. It takes all kinds, and all I can hope is that you can find as much of interest in some other show as I find in this one.
Jul 8, 2016 9:58 PM

Jul 2014
Asehpe said:
An easier explanation is that English is not my native language. I didn't mean any offense; I just meant what I said: your kind tends to like Episode 10 better. Which is OK: your personality type is probably not the kind who can get much out of Madoka Magica. It takes all kinds, and all I can hope is that you can find as much of interest in some other show as I find in this one.

Oh okay. I understand now. That's fair.
Jul 8, 2016 10:16 PM

Sep 2013
Asehpe said:
Talon184 said:

You're making an assumption that most people know deep down that they are like Shinji. I really disagree with that statement. Is this based on actual research or are you just stating your opinion as a fact? I think people are far more likely to simply be
annoyed by whiny people who always complain about things.

[...]snip[...]

I have to disagree, both on NGE and on MM. I do think that most people would run away screaming if they were in Shinji's situation -- I think you're not imagining it correctly if you think it only involves getting inside the robot and fighting the angels. Add also "you feel every physical pain the EVA goes through", "you have to breathe through LCL", to say nothing of the usual tropes of war: you see your friends die, etc. I'd say Shinji's situation is worse than that of a soldier in WWII; and we all know that not all people are cut to be soldiers, much the opposite actually, to say nothing of those who are but still come back home with serious PTSD.

So I think you're underestimating what Shinji goes through. Plus, you think he's complaining all the time -- the impression I have is that he's silent most of the time, and does as he's told. When he complains, he is usually alone, and is talking to himself. More often than not, he just lies in bad speechless, or then says nothing. Others (Asuka) criticize him all the time, or even try to get him to speak (Misato, sometimes); but I don't think he does that most of the time. He's more the silent type than the whiny type. I think most viewers get this impression because we get to see his inner monologues, while the other characters in NGE don't.

Do I have stats? No. It's just my personal experience: just as most people who love astronauts don't really have what it takes to become one, most people who complain about Shinji probably don't have what it takes to do what he does -- even if they had his synchronization level. Those who think they would be "doing something wonderful with their lives" just don't realize how shitty the work actually is, how uninspiring, albeit necessary. I may be wrong... but I don't think so. I would be really surprised if most people, even most people who complain, could have defeated even half of the angels Shinji defeated without running away screaming -- and that, even if they somehow manage to start out thinking they're "doing something special with their lives". I'm sure there are some -- heroes do exist -- but most? Naah... Most would give up.

As for Madoka... I think you're leaving out the kind of courage she has. She's the one muggle who doesn't shy away from running into danger when it appears, despite having no powers, led only by the hope of somehow helping her friends. Just as she immediately went after Hitomi to that suicide party and ended up chucking the bucket with poison through the window, or as she decided to accompany Sayaka just to keep an eye on her and to help her if need be -- whereas most people who have Madoka's persnality type would be very much afraid, Madoka wasn't. I think that people don't realize that she is actually courageous, as courageous as someone without magical powers could be in her situation. She is not arrogant, nor does she think that she has to be the focal point of the scene -- but courage is not something she lacks.

I'm amazed I'm having to spend so much time defending myself for not liking an anime character.

My original post had NOTHING to do with Shinji. That was something another poster brought into the conversation because they didn't like the fact that I don't like Madoka. I really don't care much about Shinji either way. I watched Evangelion when it first came out in the 90s and I'm a bit fuzzy on the details since 20 years have passed. The intent of my statement was not even to bash Shinji. Infact, I stated that "Shinji, at least, got in the mech and fought even though he was scared to death. I don't mind him nearly as much. He was whiny, but he got the job done." I tihnk it's pretty obvious from this statement that, though I don't particularly hate Shinji's character. I don't hate him and I even respect him for doing what was necessary even though he suffered as a result.

My entire point of my original statement that has pretty much been lost from the quotes and requotes and partial quotes is simply that Madoka is annoying and 2-dimensional. She doesn't shy away from situations, but (at this point in the show) she does nothing to contribute either. She just stands there crying and begging everyone to play nice. Brave? Maybe. Useful? Hardly. She got mostly better by the end of the series, but at this point in the show, I really didn't care for her and there's nothing wrong with that.

Jul 8, 2016 10:24 PM
Feb 2016
D-ohnuts said:
Asehpe said:

Oh okay. I understand now. That's fair.

Thanks! I really mean no evil. I simply think that peoples' preferences in art are more of an indication of their personality type than of the nature of the work of art itself -- because people (especially intelligent people) often enough do agree about the relevant objective points, but may disagree wildly on their interpretation. I think a person's MAL or ANN list is a better indicator of his/her personality type than most psychological tests... Maybe I'll even write a paper about that someday.
Jul 8, 2016 10:37 PM

Jul 2014
Asehpe said:
Thanks! I really mean no evil. I simply think that peoples' preferences in art are more of an indication of their personality type than of the nature of the work of art itself -- because people (especially intelligent people) often enough do agree about the relevant objective points, but may disagree wildly on their interpretation. I think a person's MAL or ANN list is a better indicator of his/her personality type than most psychological tests... Maybe I'll even write a paper about that someday.

Sounds good. If you do end up writing about that, feel free to show me. I'd be interested in reading it.
Jul 8, 2016 10:51 PM
Feb 2016
Talon184 said:

I'm amazed I'm having to spend so much time defending myself for not liking an anime character.

My original post had NOTHING to do with Shinji. That was something another poster brought into the conversation because they didn't like the fact that I don't like Madoka. I really don't care much about Shinji either way. I watched Evangelion when it first came out in the 90s and I'm a bit fuzzy on the details since 20 years have passed. The intent of my statement was not even to bash Shinji. Infact, I stated that "Shinji, at least, got in the mech and fought even though he was scared to death. I don't mind him nearly as much. He was whiny, but he got the job done." I tihnk it's pretty obvious from this statement that, though I don't particularly hate Shinji's character. I don't hate him and I even respect him for doing what was necessary even though he suffered as a result.

My entire point of my original statement that has pretty much been lost from the quotes and requotes and partial quotes is simply that Madoka is annoying and 2-dimensional. She doesn't shy away from situations, but (at this point in the show) she does nothing to contribute either. She just stands there crying and begging everyone to play nice. Brave? Maybe. Useful? Hardly. She got mostly better by the end of the series, but at this point in the show, I really didn't care for her and there's nothing wrong with that.

Don't feel bad -- I don't want to "attack" you, and I hope you don't feel like you need to "defend" yourself. It's just a difference of opinion. And yes, it does seem that a lot of the context was lost in the many quotes -- I guess I should read the entire thread beforehand...

There is nothing wrong with your opinion, or with anyone else's. I'm not trying to attack you personally, just to explain why I disagree, why I found Madoka an interesting character even at this point in the animē. But I repeat, this is not an attack. If you just disagree with me, you can stop reading now.

Basically, Madoka, not having powers, is trying to get everybody to act rationally. She's not telling everybody to simply be good: she's talking to Homura about her helping Sayaka out, and is making good points: it would indeed be in Sayaka's interest to collaborate with either Homura or Kyōko, if that could be arranged, because fighting in a group is safer for all involved than fighting alone.

Homura of course dislikes that, as we saw at the beginning of Episode 5, when she threatened Madoka with "more drastic measures". That's because, as we see in later episodes, Homura's only concern is Madoka's safety, not Sayaka's or Kyōko's or even her own. But I find it undeniable that Madoka is trying to get Sayaka to cool her head and think rationally. Which Sayaka isn't doing.

Hence Madoka's conversation with her mum. And also Madoka's frequent thoughts about what she should do. In fact, if you think about it, Madoka is always taking action and doing things to protect those she likes -- while at the same time trying to act as rationally as possible, and at the same time with a big emotional heart. How is this possible? How can she be smart enough to see, as her mother says, that Sayaka, despite her desire to do "the right thing", is only doing bad things to herself ('that happens a lot', says Madoka's mum Junko) -- if she's so 2-dimensional?

People think Madoka = big heart. I think Madoka = heart + brains. (True, she didn't realize Mami was lonely before Mami told her... but still.) Not bookish brains, but common-sense, real-life brains. If you add to this that she's courageous, she becomes, to my mind, downright admirable, even right here.

Which doesn't mean she is always right -- in fact, in this episode, she would have killed Sayaka if it weren't for Homura. But she does notice things, and acts according to her best interpretation of what is needed.

Now, this is not necessarily an "interesting" personality, not to all people -- some people prefer more active risk-takers who throw their lives on the line as quickly as possible and fight with all their muscle (like Kill la Kill's Ryūko in the early episodes). To me, however, she is quite interesting and surprisngly deep, for a 12-episode animē. I wonder how much more they would have done with her if this had been a 26-episode animē instead.
Oct 3, 2016 1:44 PM
Jul 2014
QB eating the grief seed brings a whole new meaning to "your tears are delicious"...
Oct 15, 2016 9:49 AM

May 2015
oh shit!

really liking homura and kyouko so far.
Nov 4, 2016 11:19 AM

Jul 2015
At the beginning of the anime I was like, I would totally become a magical girl! But now I am more like... No. Fuck no. Hell no.
Jan 22, 2017 11:02 PM

Jan 2015
Madoka... pls...

She's starting to get more annoying every episode
Mar 1, 2017 1:23 AM

Dec 2016
Is Kyubei actually evil?

Thank goodness Madoka did not kill Sayaka by throwing her soul away.

Dance Dance Revolution let's DDR.
Apr 13, 2017 9:06 PM

Dec 2016
Kyubey's nonchalance is annoying, but at the same time horrifying...
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 15, 2017 9:40 PM

Nov 2011
Tfw the ending even freaked out Sakura. Being a mahou shoujo keeps sounding worse and worse in this setting.

Even aside from that, though, telling your daughter to do something wrong is the worst advice ever. What's up with that?

Is the enemy Madoka dreamed of Homura fighting the "Walpurgis Night" Homura is going to team up with Sakura to fight? It must be pretty strong for Sakura to think they "may" have a chance if they work together.
Aug 27, 2017 3:20 AM

Mar 2017
I'm having trouble deciding whether Kyuubei is evil or not...I'm not particularly sentimental when it comes to the "human soul", but I still feel like there should have been some sort of forewarning.
Sep 20, 2017 5:02 AM

Jun 2016
Fuck. I screamed when I thought Sayaka is already dead. Jesus. So, when you became a magical girl, your soul will be contained as a Soul Gem, and if it's 100 meters away from you, you'll be dead? Pretty convenient, tbh. I totally get Kyubet's point, but knowing your body is now an empty vessel, maaan, that's fucked up.

Oh, Sakura, couldn't you get anymore annoying? Ffs. How dare she talked to Sayaka like breaking his guy's bones and whatnot. Ugh.

I guess reviving Mami now is no longer possible, though I still think Madoka's wish will be somewhat concerns Mami.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 14, 2017 11:01 AM
Aug 2014
LMFAO putting a whole new meaning to throwing a friend away. I am sure by now we all know grief seeds are actually corrupted soul gems of magical girls.
Dec 4, 2017 8:46 AM

Jan 2017
Damn, Madoka's stupidity make this show 10 times worse
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.