Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 9, 2011 9:35 AM

Feb 2008
ok, so basically its like the fist season except this time its a guy going after her....

good timing on his part....or a step too late?
Feb 9, 2011 9:38 AM

Sep 2010
Sawako shuld just dumb Kazehaya and go with Kento to get over this already, so I can have more supporting character moments, like the scenes with Yano and Chizu or Chizu and Ryuu. Also Kento is definitely the better thought out character with more interesting traits…but unfortunately the Kazehaya/Sawako pairing will be shoved down our throats anyway…

Also next week’s episode title pretty much describes my feeling for this show: affection and annoyance.
Feb 9, 2011 10:08 AM

Oct 2010
Now then let’s have some positive things that happened before the Kento shit. IMO this episode was perfect that has lots of small details to attention. Personally the marriage of Toru/Haruka was very nice and Yano with Chizuru was great too. Arai was great too and the conversation between Ryuu/Kazehaya was terrific with its flashbacks. Now too elaborate on those under the spoiler
About preview,looks like it’s going to be another tear jerking ordeal for many Sawako fans including myself. I hope Kento GTFO from Sawako literally or as some would like, Kazehaya punching him since Kento is a guy, we need some Kazehaya GAR mode. He did a damn good job of it in first season to a certain extend and I hope he will do some full blast ones.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 9, 2011 10:15 AM

Jan 2011
cleo said:
Hm, I think it's Kazehaya's vagueness that's the cause for it in the 1st place.
Luckily now he has to kick himself and clear up the misunderstandings.

Kazehaya was vague? To me Kazehaya has never been vague in his dealings with Sawako. There have been many instances where not only has Kazehaya told Sawako things that any normal person would perceive as amorous attention but has also demonstrated that he might have those kind of feelings for her. The problem is, Sawako being someone who has been ostracized for the first fifteen years of her life, always finds a way of attributing his attention to kindness just like everyone else around her except their close friends. Also, if Kazehaya was vague about his feelings toward Sawako, there is no way Pin could have asked, “What’s wrong with his taste?” or there’s no way Ryu could have said, “Why didn’t you tell her you wanted to see her too?” And even before that, by the time Sawako invited Kazehaya to Ryu’s place that Saturday night in episode 7 or 8 of season one, Yano-chin had pretty much already figured out that Kazehaya liked Sawako in that way.

Anyway, even though Sawako and Shota’s relationship was at a standstill because she’s terrified of him and he’s worried that he’s forcing his advances on her, the situation was not nearly as complicated as Miura has made it. Not for a moment do I think that his meddling is justified. Furthermore, if Sawako and Kazehaya’s own friends who know the truth about the situation haven’t yet taken it upon themselves to directly intervene, I don’t know what gives Miura the right to.

cleo said:
I read that scene differently. Imo he was showing her that she's no longer in need of a savior, because she's blending in more and more. Sure he's meddlesome, but his actions [c]do[/c] help her to gain confidence in herself.

Don’t you think that by this very act he is making himself into her saviour? lol The irony!

Anyway, in case you might actually think that Kazehaya has not supported Sawako, I’d refer you back to Sawako’s own statement to Kazehaya that he always gives her the strength to act. Mind you, Kazehaya doesn’t tell her to be more confident. He doesn’t try to change her. Instead, he accepts her for who she is and becomes her friend. Then by his encouragement, Sawako has watched the world around her change as she herself began to change little by little. This is the truth and no one is more aware of this than Sawako. The fact is, Kazehaya has made Sawako more confident in many instances.

-What voice did she hear in her head when she plucked up the courage to approach Yano and Chizu before the courage test?
-What voice did she hear in her head when she invited Endo-san and Tomo-chan into the classroom to help her finish the class roll?
-What voice did she hear in her head when she approached the students to tell them that the seat was not dirty or cursed and that they could sit there?

And the list could go on if only I remembered all of those season one moments.

cleo said:
Kazehaya defended Sawako, but that can be read as pitying her just as easily.

Pity? Do you really know Kazehaya? I get the impression that you don’t. There has not been a single moment in Kimi Ni Todoke, right up to the most recent chapter, when Kazehaya has pitied Sawako. Even when she was still an outcast, Kazehaya did not pity her. Instead, he was always trying to understand her. He himself said that from his standpoint, he always saw her as someone who finds joy in whatever she’s doing and he also thought that she had a knack for finding things that she liked to do. That’s the way Kazehaya saw Sawako before he became more acquainted with her. He's never pitied her and treats her quite normally. That's why he didn't understand what Kento meant about pitying Sawako.

cleo said:
For the most part Kazehaya was being evasive, giving Kent the wrong impression, so he's very much to blame for the situation as well.

How has Kazehaya given Kento the wrong impression? Please explain. From what I see, Kento himself has drawn the wrong impression of Kazehaya because he’s succumbed to the herd’s mentality that Kazehaya is nice to Sawako only because he can’t leave outcasts alone. Even during their conversation when Kazehaya asks him to explain himself when he said that Kazehaya only treats Sawako that way because she is/was an outcast, he just laughed it off in his own carefree way and told Kazehaya not to get so angry. If he was really interested in finding out what kind of guy Kazehaya truly is, that conversation could have progressed much differently.
Feb 9, 2011 10:19 AM

Oct 2010
cleo said:
Look at the interaction between Kazehaya and Sawako: there's no way an outsider can tell they're in love with each other.
In Kent's view Kazehaya only pities the ugly duckling (and might lose interest now she's getting accepted), which would be cruel if it were true.
Yumekichi11 said:
That's exactly the problem that Kento brainwashed Sawako with. It's only a looks like it situation while reality is bottled up inside of both waiting to spur out at the right moment. It was about to come but Kento screwed it up and wasted Ryuu's time with Kazehaya on that one.

cleo said:
So you're hating Kent for not being able to read minds?
If people could do that in this series, we wouldn't have this misunderstandings in the first place lol.
No you got it wrong, I am hating him for taking advantage of the situation. He observed well enough to deduct what is going on between Kazehaya and Sawako. Certainly he might have assumed some things but make no mistake, he was full taking advantage of all this to twsit things around. Scum like him are not forgivable it's the same shit with Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien except more rough and it's a girl doing that.
cleo said:
Besides, it's not just Kent who's saying that Kazehaya is always nice to outcasts. I got the impression it's a well-known fact among students.
Yes it is and there are still seeing Kazehaya like that, which creates misunderstandings between if people do not know of their progress. I guess all these misunderstandings is what "Trying to reach you" is about, that of overcoming them to be united forever. Kind of a sweet if you think about it.
cleo said:
Kazehaya himself could have avoided this whole mess by being a bit more upfront with Kent. His evasiveness sure didn't help matters.
Spoken the truth like never before and I like that! He sure should have been upfront and at the beginning of the episode.

Feb 9, 2011 11:22 AM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
cleo said:
Kazehaya himself could have avoided this whole mess by being a bit more upfront with Kent. His evasiveness sure didn't help matters.
Spoken the truth like never before and I like that! He sure should have been upfront and at the beginning of the episode.

I get the impression that you guys don't understand Kazehaya.

In the first place, who the heck is Kento in Kazehaya's eyes and why does he have to explain himself to him?

Secondly, have you watched season one? In there it is firmly depicted that Kazehaya doesn't like people all up in his business. He was that way since middle school and he's that way in high school. I'm not exactly sure what you all heard when Kazehaya told Kento that it's not Kento's place to tell him those things that he did in last week's episode. In other words, Kazehaya was telling him quite assuredly to mind his own business. This is the second time now that someone who is close to Sawako has told Kento to mind his own business. I wonder how many more of Sawako's friends will it take before he gets the message?
Feb 9, 2011 11:24 AM

Jan 2009
WOW. Does ANYONE here read the manga? O.o All this Kent hate makes me believe so...

nznznz said:
To me Kent seems to be honest, not knowing about Kazehaya's true feelings and thinking he was just nice to her. It's up to Kazehaya now to get things straight but I guess this will be your typical misunderstanding with the big realization in the end. Hopefully I'm wrong and they try an orignal approach. Too bad Kurumi didn't had a part till now and probably won't have one. :(

I'm a manga reader, and you (and anyone else who said Kent's intentions were honest) are correct about Kent.

He is just one of those people who think out loud, and acts before really thinking about it.

As for Kurumi's part in this, patience is a virtue ;)

TL;DR - In the end, Kent and Kurumi have good intentions.
LadyOrihimeFeb 9, 2011 11:29 AM
Feb 9, 2011 11:53 AM

Jul 2008
Ugh I hate Kent so much. He made Sawako cry :(
Feb 9, 2011 12:00 PM

Dec 2010
LadyOrihime said:
As for Kurumi's part in this, patience is a virtue ;)

Thanks, that's good to hear and I'm looking forward to it. Won't read your spoilers though. ;)
Feb 9, 2011 12:01 PM

Jan 2011
LadyOrihime said:
TL;DR - In the end, Kent and Kurumi have good intentions.

:) The first thing that came to my mind when I saw your statement above:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I think it's quite befitting in this case although in Kurumi's case, her good intentions in no way ended up being a bad thing. Ultimately, her action did a lot of good. If and when Kento's good intentions ever take on an entirely different and worthwhile nature, then I'd say that it's all good.
Taylor_elleFeb 9, 2011 12:20 PM
Feb 9, 2011 12:02 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode, I feel sorry for Kazehaya :|

Feb 9, 2011 12:26 PM
Jun 2009
Good episode. Kent really is just karumi sub for the moment.

I lol'd at the almost kiss between Ryu and Chizu.
Feb 9, 2011 1:11 PM

Mar 2008
Now this was a good episode!!
Feb 9, 2011 1:51 PM

Sep 2009
Oh my...things happened!
Feb 9, 2011 2:19 PM

Jun 2009
Wow...this episode was just...wow
I was so into it too

I read the manga but i think i skipped some chapter because I don't remember the whole wedding thing.
And the end OMG!! That was such a cliffhanger....I think my face was getting closer to the screen and when the ending theme started I screamed lol
Feb 9, 2011 2:25 PM

Oct 2008
Lol, Pin. :D
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 9, 2011 2:40 PM

Aug 2009
Leave the protagonists alone, I want a development for Ryu and Chizu ~
Anime List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rodreth
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/rodreth/profile
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Rodreth/
Night is the darkest just before the dawn.

Feb 9, 2011 2:51 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was amazing! The ending though... it made my heart ache... I wanted to comfort Sawako and punch stupid Kent in the face DB< Never before has an anime made me tear up... I love Kimi ni Todoke.
Feb 9, 2011 2:53 PM

Aug 2010
Oh kent you smooth operator.

Would like to see the Chizu and Ryu relationship developed more
Feb 9, 2011 2:53 PM

Nov 2007
Pff, I'm starting to feel like Kazehaya defending outcast Kent here :D

Taylor_elle said:
Kazehaya was vague? To me Kazehaya has never been vague in his dealings with Sawako.

Sorry, what I meant was: Kazehaya was vague in his talk with Kent.
You're reasoning from the viewers point of view, while I'm trying to reason from the pov of the characters.
Ofcourse for the viewers Kazahaya is easy to read, but we've concluded some eps ago that the awkwardness between K&S is anything but helpfull for the understanding between the two. The last eps made it pretty clear that he completely confused Sawako, and with his "I thought I was the only guy close to you - Oh sorry, forget about that", I think any girl would be.

Taylor_elle said:
Anyway, in case you might actually think that Kazehaya has not supported Sawako

No I don't, and I never said I thought so.
I like discussing this series, but please don't put words in my mouth.
I'm not gonna get into the ' Kazehaya has done more for Sawako', because we don't disagree on that.

Taylor_elle said:
Don’t you think that by this very act he is making himself into her saviour? lol The irony!

You've made up your mind that Kent is a bastard, I think it's possible he just wants to be supportive (and yes, I think it's posiible to be supportive without trying to be someone's saviour).
Basically he's telling her to open her eyes to the current situation.
You may argue that only Kazehaya or her close friends have that right, but I really don't think it's such a bad thing.
And asking her if she likes to be pitied by Kazehaya is a sound question, given the fact that Kazehaya hasn't made it plain to either Sawako or Kent that he's acting out of love instead of pity.

Taylor_elle said:
Pity? Do you really know Kazehaya? [snip] How has Kazehaya given Kento the wrong impression?
Again, I'm not reasoning from my point of view, but from Kent's.
During the talk between Kent and Kazehaya, Kent tries to figure out Kazehaya's feelings for Sawako. He makes it quite plain he thinks Kazehaya acts out of pity.
Yet Kazehaya doesn't deny he's acting out of pity, he doesn't say a word when Kent says K & S aren't close and he keeps quiet when Kent mentions it's about ' secrets of the heart'.
How has Kazehaya given Kento the impression he's in love with Sawako'?

Yumekichi11 said:
No you got it wrong, I am hating him for taking advantage of the situation. He observed well enough to deduct what is going on between Kazehaya and Sawako.

Really?
Sure, he figured out Sawako's feelings easy enough. But I got the impression he went to Kazehaya to figure out his feelings for Sawako. And with Kazehaya
1. saying he doesn't date anyone
2. not saying a thing about liking/loving Sawako
I still think it's possible Kent isn't such a bad guy.
He seemed sincere enough feeling bad for Sawako thinking Kazahaya only pitied her.

Yumekichi11 said:
I guess all these misunderstandings is what "Trying to reach you" is about, that of overcoming them to be united forever. Kind of a sweet if you think about it.

So true.
The frustration of these last eps is only bearable knowing it'll make the bond between them stronger. (based on S1, I don't read the manga).

Taylor_elle said:
In the first place, who the heck is Kento in Kazehaya's eyes and why does he have to explain himself to him?

In Kento's eyes: who the heck is Kazehaya to tell him Sawako isn't his business?
Does Kazehaya say he's interested in her himself? No.
I highly doubt Kent would've made his move if Kazehaya had said he did.

Besides: suppose some guy at some point had told Kazehaya back in S1 to mind his own business. Would you really be satisfied if he'd given up just because of that?
Feb 9, 2011 3:25 PM

Dec 2009
i came.

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/TeaAnyOne91

Feb 9, 2011 3:56 PM
Oct 2010
why did kento have to make the seperation between kazehaya and sawako deeper!!??
i hope things get better later on
Feb 9, 2011 4:05 PM

Nov 2009
My reaction to this will depend on next episode.
-Chizu's transformation was awesome.
-Agreed, that conbini scene trolled me too.
-Sadako's the center for the class exhibit, lol. Pin was funny too.

Despite that kent betrayed me and was really after her, i love him just because he has made this season so much more interesting to watch. I don't mind the triangle one bit if it is like this.
Feb 9, 2011 4:10 PM

Nov 2007
Kent, you are awesome! haha you just made the show 10x exciting
Feb 9, 2011 4:16 PM
May 2009
Y U END IT THERE?!
Dx<

Kazehaya, you shoulda run faster! And and... Kent if you didn't sound like Takuto I would hatechu so much more >.<
Bah. If this anime doesn't have a happy ending I will be pissed.
Feb 9, 2011 4:35 PM

Sep 2010
Haha! Love how this ep ended. Cliffhanger!xD
Feb 9, 2011 4:59 PM
Jan 2009
ok so as much as I like this series, this episode was a little boring until the end.

What an awful place to leave us hanging like that! T-T

Now I'm going to be glued to the screen waiting for the next episode to come out.
Feb 9, 2011 5:04 PM

Feb 2008
ShinFrank said:
Lol i felt the same way its gonna be along week waiting for the next ep.
TROLLED me as well, EVEN though I read the manga. /facepalm forever. Way to go, Production I.G. I wasn't expecting that xD

Anyways, my thoughts about the story so far...

I'm actually IMPRESSED that the story is moving quickly. :'O
After an episode or two, the BEST will come! /fist tightens. x'3 (most likely, I believe)
And I LOVED that they added Ryu's brother's wedding in already. I can't remember but I think it was later in the manga :'O (I really believe it was so * o*)
THAT CLIFFHANGER. Orz

And as for everyone who thinks badly about Kent, I don't blame you. But at least he's not as annoying as Kurumi, besides, those two always are the catalyst to make the story more interesting. (I don't hate them both either) But Kent is not much of a problem. He's just a KNOW-IT-ALL and a BUSYBODY. No need to get mad at him, REALLY. xD

EDIT:
I forgot to mention how much Pin going in the scene made me laugh so hard. xD
He REALLY is one of my fave in the series besides Ryuu, Chizu and Ayane. x']
desolatoFeb 10, 2011 4:00 AM

Feb 9, 2011 6:27 PM

Aug 2010
wow what a cliffhanger.. i yelled at my screen " WTF NOOO, WTF HAPPENS NOWWW?!?!" Great episode, i got trolled so hard with chizu and ryu. I was like OH SHITT, BOUT DAMN TIME wait.. aw.. DAMN -_-
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Feb 9, 2011 6:32 PM

May 2010
Best episode so far!!

The scene where Chizuru and Ryuu, I was jawdropping and when I saw the chibi faces, I lol'ed. That was a perfect troll. :)

Pin: "I am an amazing man."
Yeah, I completely agree with you. PIN = WIN!! xD

And the ending part. I have mixed feelings with this Kent.
At first, I'm a bit unhappy for making the misunderstanding bigger and Sawako cry
at the same time happy when he hinted that he likes her.

Looking forward for more!!
Feb 9, 2011 7:29 PM

Oct 2009
ManInBlack said:
Complete this sentence:

"Kent is a...."

A sexy asshole bish :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2011 8:12 PM

Aug 2008
OMG. x 100000000!!!!!!!

The "WORST CLIFFHANGER ever". How KnT II make me wait another week with this kind of end chapter ??? Honestly I do not know how I will can...

I don't want to read manga version. :(

And this show come back. :D A huge chapter.
cabemaruFeb 9, 2011 8:20 PM
Feb 9, 2011 8:15 PM

Jul 2010
omg whyyy. so good, yet... WHYYY. this season is painful. a week has become a tortuously long wait.
Feb 9, 2011 8:15 PM

Aug 2008
Takashi981 said:

And the end OMG!! That was such a cliffhanger....I think my face was getting closer to the screen and when the ending theme started I screamed lol

Completely I agree with you, I screamed too, I can't believe it when ending theme started.
Feb 9, 2011 8:18 PM

Dec 2009
Thalandor46 said:
OH
MY
GOD!

First I drop my remote in shock upon seeing Chizuru pressed up against Ryuu, only to learn that I'd been trolled hard and misread the situation. Then it takes every ounce of self control to not throw my remote through the screen in response to Kento's actions. I want to destroy him in a furious rage. And then that cliffhanger...dear lord I am in the verge of tears over all of this! What an amazing episode XD

Wow...you covered pretty much everything, & very well, too! Ditto!
Feb 9, 2011 8:53 PM

Nov 2010
Finally a progress and best ep so far! But..WAAA! I may die for waiting a week more for the next episode!
I-I m-must not get t-tempted to-to read th-the manga. DX

..GWAH!! I CAN'T TAKE THIS..I CAN'T GO TO SLEEP LOL
HollowDollFeb 9, 2011 8:57 PM
Feb 9, 2011 10:35 PM
Jan 2009
So much happened this episode.
But OH GOD I WANT TO KILL KENT
HE STILL COULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD GUY!

But best episode yet! Chizu looked very pretty~
Feb 9, 2011 11:16 PM

Mar 2010
Now, it all makes sense :)

(Hint: Check out Kent's voice actor...)

Feb 10, 2011 1:04 AM

Oct 2010
cleo said:
Yumekichi11 said:
No you got it wrong, I am hating him for taking advantage of the situation. He observed well enough to deduct what is going on between Kazehaya and Sawako.
Really?
Sure, he figured out Sawako's feelings easy enough. But I got the impression he went to Kazehaya to figure out his feelings for Sawako. And with Kazehaya
1. saying he doesn't date anyone
2. not saying a thing about liking/loving Sawako
I still think it's possible Kent isn't such a bad guy.
He seemed sincere enough feeling bad for Sawako thinking Kazahaya only pitied her.
I think he did say he likes someone but did not mention who but Kento mentioning Sawako and seeing how Kazehaya reacted, he figured out he has some feelings. Furthermore when he saw how the whole reaction went in the class with Sawako and Kazehaya he knew something was up. That's why I think he took advantage of the situation. His reactions were a dead give away and you are talking with someone who has taken courses in psychology so I know. After all knowledge is power.
Yumekichi11 said:
I guess all these misunderstandings is what "Trying to reach you" is about, that of overcoming them to be united forever. Kind of a sweet if you think about it.
cleo said:
So true.
The frustration of these last eps is only bearable knowing it'll make the bond between them stronger. (based on S1, I don't read the manga).
Exactly and showing this to viewers does teach them a lot IMO.
Taylor_elle said:
The thing is that I understand all that but what I don't understand is Kazehaya not evolving. He does not have to say much to Kento but being clear about somethings would be good. Kento obviously did not understand the minding his own business. Some people need being clear to make others understand and Kazehaya is not. His maturing really sucks man. He must evolve and learn from what happened at the end of this episode. If that won't do then I wonder what may be the trigger.
Yumekichi11Feb 10, 2011 1:51 AM

Feb 10, 2011 2:04 AM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
I think he did say he likes someone but did not mention who but Kento mentioning Sawako and seeing how Kazehaya reacted, he figured out he has some feelings. Furthermore when he saw how the whole reaction went in the class with Sawako and Kazehaya he knew something was up. That's why I think he took advantage of the situation. His reactions were a dead give away and you are talking with someone who has taken courses in psychology so I know.
Same here, 3 years Jungian. You?
It's telling me you're quick to judge :)
Guilty until proven innocent eh?

What Kent sees in class is Kazehaya being friendly towards Sawako, and Sawako being a mess every time that happens. It could well be that that's making him believe that the pitything (->his view) isn't good for Sawako, and made him decide to step in.
I think if Kent had concluded after his talk with Kazehaya that Kazehaya liked Sawako, he would have asked "Do you like Sawako?" instead of "Do you like someone?"
Feb 10, 2011 2:15 AM

Oct 2010
cleo said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I think he did say he likes someone but did not mention who but Kento mentioning Sawako and seeing how Kazehaya reacted, he figured out he has some feelings. Furthermore when he saw how the whole reaction went in the class with Sawako and Kazehaya he knew something was up. That's why I think he took advantage of the situation. His reactions were a dead give away and you are talking with someone who has taken courses in psychology so I know.
Same here, 3 years Jungian. You?
It's telling me you're quick to judge :)
Guilty until proven innocent eh?

2nd year Social sciences psychology. Yeah I do jump the gun sometimes quickly . Blame my intuition about that. The thing that makes me look at him guilty is those smiles he showed. They looked machinating as in planning something, guess it got to show up at the end of this episode.
cleo said:
What Kent sees in class is Kazehaya being friendly towards Sawako, and Sawako being a mess every time that happens. It could well be that that's making him believe that the pitything (->his view) isn't good for Sawako, and made him decide to step in.
I think if Kent had concluded after his talk with Kazehaya that Kazehaya liked Sawako, he would have asked "Do you like Sawako?" instead of "Do you like someone?"
Exactly except that he was sure about Sawako and Kazehaya being closer than with other people so he decided to ask Kazehaya in general. From the way he reacted he put 1 + 1 and decided to go to Sawako with it. Guess he was surprised that Sawako was more serious than he estimated. My guess is he though it was a silly crush of appreciation but guess his expression on his face showed at the end how he was surprised.

Feb 10, 2011 2:18 AM

Feb 2009
man this getting so deep! Every second there's so much tension and suspense, can't wait till the next ep. Kazehaya has a lot of work to do!
Feb 10, 2011 2:54 AM

Nov 2007
Add me to the list of people who got seriously trolled by the Ryuu x Chizu scene. At first I thought she wanted to tell him about Sawako, but during the panning up scene I was just like O.O wtf

Also, I love Kent. Sure, he's a little overconfident and oblivious, but he really does mean well. Poor guy.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Feb 10, 2011 6:11 AM

Jan 2010
I can't help it but I love Kent. I know Kazehaya and Sawako are meant to be and all, but Kazehaya is just so slow and selfish. I can't exactly blame Kent for not noticing that Sawako is the one Kazehaya likes, since he has been pretty much avoiding her, and after the talk they had in the classroom when Kent was waiting for Kazehaya, to Kent it probably looked like he rejected her.

Plus, I think Kent really felt bad for Sawako when she started crying and all.
Feb 10, 2011 7:38 AM

Dec 2009
Yami-chii said:
I can't help it but I love Kent. I know Kazehaya and Sawako are meant to be and all, but Kazehaya is just so slow and selfish. I can't exactly blame Kent for not noticing that Sawako is the one Kazehaya likes, since he has been pretty much avoiding her, and after the talk they had in the classroom when Kent was waiting for Kazehaya, to Kent it probably looked like he rejected her.

Plus, I think Kent really felt bad for Sawako when she started crying and all.

No, Kazehaya is not selfish at all. He avoid Sawako because he thought that he'll make Sawako feel troubled. He cares for Sawako's feeling and he doesn't want Sawako to feel sad/troubled. And he also thought Sawako tried to avoid him by avoiding eye contact with him.I know he is slow by not noticing Sawako's feeling for him but Sawako too who doesn't know Kazehaya love her. Since I read the manga, I know that Kent had good intention and he tried to help Sawako.But now he really doesn't know that Kazehaya loves Sawako.

Feb 10, 2011 7:59 AM

Dec 2010
I have to say that season 2 was frustrating for me due to Kazehaya & Sawako's lack of communication. The focus shift to Yano, Chizu & Ryu breaks the monotony. (I totally love this three!) Pin's surprisingly sharp perceptivity of Kazehaya's feelings is hilarious, and his talk at the canteen was a job well done on his part! (Ironically, Pin is somewhat dim in other areas.)

I don't know why many hate Kent. Kent is a breath of fresh air, speeding things up by forcing Kazehaya to take action. Without Miura's butting in, Kazehaya wouldn't have the urgency to make his feelings known and would surely take his time. I'm sure Kent sensed that Kazehaya and Sawako had feelings for each other but still needed confirmation. So, he befriended Sawako to find out what Kazehaya sees in her and talked to Kazehaya to test his reaction. Kazehaya's vague responses made Kent misinterpret his kindness towards Sawako as his normal behaviour, which tells Kent that Kazehaya's kindness is bringing about Sawako's seemingly one-sided puppy love. Kent probably wanted to stop Sawako from setting herself up for future heartbreak and gave her opportunities to expand her social circle by volunteering her as a tutor. After seeing Sawako's smile, Kent realised what Kazehaya saw in her. I'd say he seemed pretty surprised as well, so it could have triggered some of his emotions towards her.

The final scene in this episode made Miura realise that Sawako's feelings towards Kazehaya were too serious and he said what he said out of desperation to snap her out of it. Miura wouldn't be too worried about breaking them up, because if Kazehaya and Sawako's feelings towards each other were strong, they wouldn't give each other up so easily. Rather, I'd think that his efforts will bring them closer. On the other hand, if Miura succeeds in breaking them up, Sawako will move on and grow stronger as a person (and maybe Miura might get the girl). It's a win-win situation for me, at least.

There. My speculations are done for now.
Feb 10, 2011 8:04 AM

Sep 2009
Thalandor46 said:
OH
MY
GOD!

First I drop my remote in shock upon seeing Chizuru pressed up against Ryuu, only to learn that I'd been trolled hard and misread the situation.

Haha i misread it too!!
Feb 10, 2011 8:15 AM
Aug 2009
That's the more heartbreaking cliffhanger I have seen in ages xD.

Ukehaya could try doing something FOR GOD's SAKE ¬¬
Feb 10, 2011 9:07 AM

Jun 2009
10/10.

Sawako!!

Feb 10, 2011 10:16 AM

Aug 2009
Man, I was so close to tearing up at the end. Fuck Kento.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 29, 2011

102 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 25, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 15, 2011

212 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 24, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 25, 2011

149 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 24, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2011

182 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2011

221 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.