Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2010 7:21 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 28, 2010 12:03 PM

May 2009
Finally some plot movement! This chapter opened up so many new questions -- I can't wait to read the fully translated version. It sounds to me as if this is the beginning of the end for Kaname and Yuuki as a couple. Kaname says at the opening of chapter 67 that he had, at one time, decided to live out the rest of his life with Yuuki but that he will now carry out his original plans instead. The impression that I've been left with is that they've spent a peaceful year together as lovers but maybe now it's time for that peace to end as Kaname resumes the pursuit of whatever he had originally set out to do. So sad for Yuuki but maybe there's hope for a ZeroxYuuki OTP after-all. It's bittersweet to see that Zero hasn't forgotten Yuuki and that he still craves for her blood. When is he going to realize that craving for her blood (which he mentioned in previous chapters was the only blood he ever craved) is perfectly natural because he loves her? Of course he's going to be blood-thirsty for her -- his craving can only be satisfied by the person he loves. It looks as if Zero has really matured in the past year. Between his experience in the graveyard with Ichiru, his reminiscing of Yuuki, and Wakaba's mentioning that Yuuki "practically hasn't changed at all", I'm willing to bet that Zero will come to terms with his feelings and also develop a better understanding of vampires in the near future. As for Sara, something that she says concerns me. When she is in the castle with the ancestor, she mentions that she needs certain things in order to "return" to her "full" power. This reminds me of an earlier chapter where it was mentioned that Kaname would not regain his "full" power. This concerns me because the only reason I can come up with that would explain why Sara is missing some aspect of her power is if she's also an ancestor. That's very far-fetched and I'm not putting any faith in this theory for the time-being until we have more information on why she's doing what she's doing but it's certainly something to think about. Also, what is the significance of the "hunter's hand" that she mentions? What about the spiders? Is it just an effect to make her appear more like a traditional vampire? Were they in the coffin? Something else? Surprisingly enough, the fact that Kaname killed Hanabusa's father doesn't suprise or trouble me. What's more troubling to me is whatever it is that they spoke about before Aidou-san was beheaded (before Yuuki, Hanabusa, and the Chairman run in, Kaname says that we would like to speak with him for a moment). Speculations? Observations?
Jan 1, 2011 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
Like you, I've only seen the semi-translated scans, so I'm judging from quite a limited viewpoint!
I have to agree about Yuki and Kaname's relationship. She's been quite 'uncomfortable' for a while now - what with all Kaname's secrets and hidden past. I'm getting the feeling that maybe in the future Yuki and Kaname might have a bit of a face-off :O but that's me creating stories in my head. And now with Kaname's plain cruelty regarding Aido-san, will definately ROCK THE BOAT so to speak.

With Zero, I was wondering about him and Yori? With Shojo it's pretty common for the rejected one to move on with someone similar or someone who was always in the background (A bit like Yuki in Fruits Basket with Machi instead of Tohru.) But yet again, I'm guessing.
Of course Zero still loves Yuki. It's Shojo of course! But if they don't get back together...He'll come up some weird excuse like "I didn't realise...But I loved her like my sister/mother."
On the other hand, I can totally see Zero coming to terms with the fact that Yuki is not an evil vampire and is not the same as Shizuka or Kaname.

I'm extremely interested in what Sara is up to. She is a fantastic villainess and I love to hate her. I want a female villain who can match Kaname in wit and power. Shizuka was likeable but I don't feel like she was evil enough or powerful enough. Rido was your typical evil bastard. And now we have Sara, a manipulative, calculating badass. However, I am worried about Takuma. He is my favourite character and I feel like he rebelled against her a couple of chapters ago, therefore she might've killed him. I can see why Matsuri may do this as it would rile Kaname into a fight....But don't kill off Takuma :(

I can see Hanabusa having a much larger role from now on. His father was just murdered in front of him by his idol/hero? I wonder how he will react.
Jan 7, 2011 9:15 AM
Jan 2011
So A Yuuki on facebook had posted up the entire chapter translated in her private profile pictures. I read it on there. First of all.... WHAT A CHAPTER!

ITS ABOUT TIME KANAME Finally quit trying to be somebody he's not. Yuuki could tell he was faking it, and he was getting tired of pretending it and Basically Made this boldwad move so everybody he values dearly will hate him.

Aidou's father more than likely agreed to it because he knew his son was far to loyal to abandon Kaname for any reason- and for his own child's sake he allowed Kaname to kill him so Aidou would no longer follow Kaname and be safe!

EPIC HARD DECISION for Kaname but a choice he had to make. Its true he had too many loved ones and freinds and he knew he would have to sooner or later break the ties- By killing Lord aidou he did exactly that. I Love it!

Reminds me of Dumbledore asking Snape to kill him in order to protect Draco.

Anyway getting back to speculations! Well it made sense sara commented she needed a hunters hand- seeing she used a hunter last time to kill a pureblood doesnt surprise me she says it again- However its clear Hino's now got her heroes in a tangled mess. They just lost thier saviour Kaname as hes taken the lone Hero route.

Sara's continuing to try to build her powers. Why? Does she not realise Kaname's a slave to Rido? Kaname's nothing if Rido has a say!

My own theorys? Cross is totally the next victim to die in this series. Because Rido pointed out to Kaname hes doomed to stay alive as long as Rido exists and Only Kuran blood can kill Kaname. And we all know Kaname cant kill yuuki just so he can die.....

Meanwhile *Flashback bringup* Did Juuri not give Cross her blood so he can protect her children? KAIEN HAS kuran blood in him! Now if Kaname knows or not... that hasnt been let on- But whoever finds out first- Kaname or Rido- I think Kaien's in for a bumpy ride.

Anyway enough said. CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER
Jan 12, 2011 10:58 AM

Jan 2009
Interesting chapter. So Sara goes to the Hanadagi family's house so she can take the life of another pureblood. She is just evil. Can't believe Kaname killed Aidou's father either. Poor Aidou having to see that, and Yuuki too.
LunaMay 14, 2012 7:00 AM

Jan 13, 2011 5:30 AM

Dec 2008
Kaname WTF are you doing?!?!?!?!
I would've never guessed he would turn out to be evil.
Jan 13, 2011 10:03 AM
Jun 2010
is kaname and yuuki finally over........ please please be true.

i feel bad for yuuki, because she obviously dearly loves him, more than zero it would seem, which really annoys me.

i cant wait for the next chapters, finally the story is moving again.
Jan 13, 2011 2:32 PM

Aug 2010
Woo! Goodbye kaname!
This completely changes tides, I always knew that something like this would happen because kanane and yuuki's mentalities completly conflict and it was about time their strings of fate will be cut.
We know kaname doesn't want a repeat of history, and Sara wants to cause an uproar, and yuuki wants to give the purebloods a choice if they want to stop living, and the hunters want to keep the peace...but I'm curious how it will all come together.
Feel bad for aidou and yuuki will mostly like go with her dad.to the hunter association. Where hopefully her and zero bump and the people they were will once resurface again.
So excited for the next chapter! Finallly plot development after what feels like an eternity.
& what was Sara's special power?
Jan 13, 2011 2:51 PM

Oct 2009
ugh, I wonder what Kaname told Aidou-dono..whatever it was, he died pretty peacefully without any retaliation
Jan 13, 2011 8:18 PM

May 2010
It seems it might be over for Yuuki and Kaname.
I'm happy to see that Zero is still thinking about Yuuki.
But its sad really..
He's in love with her.
I want Yuuki x Zero. Now. xD
Poor Zero. D:
He wants the blood of the person he loves.
I think things will finally start moving now. ^^
I think Kaname is evil..
Ahhhh! I want more chapters!
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jan 15, 2011 2:05 AM

Apr 2009
Definitely an eventful chp. Yay for some likely Zeki action that will happen later on now, hopefully.
Jan 15, 2011 3:51 AM

Apr 2009
WTF just happened?

And yeah, I hope Kaname and Yuuki stay together.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Jan 15, 2011 5:30 AM

Mar 2008
as much as i am a Kaname and Yuuki fan... But WOO GO KANAME!! BE THE EVIL MAN YOU ARE!!

and hmm so that plan they had when Kaname was first alive, I recon Hes doing that so chasing after Sara's footsteps =]
No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
Jan 15, 2011 2:45 PM

Nov 2010
Seriously i was completely lost..! why did Kaname have to do that.. and in front of Yuuki and Aidou !! sometimes i really don't get him.. I'm seriously worried is he leaving her.. I'd rather see Yuuki and Zero as an pair.. but he can't just leave her like this..!
Jan 15, 2011 11:48 PM

May 2010
I'm a BIG Kaname and Yuuki fan. I think it was cute that Yuuki was like;

"Please ... Don't leave ... Stay with me, by my side ... hand in hand ..." I find those words filled with love and something else I can't put my finger on it .

But, What did Kaname mean by saying;

"Once, when my hesitation came to a end, I chose being with you, the time I could spend together with you. However ... However ... I'm going to fulfill my original plans ..."

What were his original plans? I can't wait for the next chapter. How is it going to be now with Kaname and Yuuki?!
A sweet dream, has not ended yet.
Jan 16, 2011 3:18 PM

Aug 2010
IchigoHollowfi said:
But its sad really..
He's in love with her.
Poor Zero. D:
I think Kaname is evil..

ohhh, you stole my thoughts!

(finally some Zero, yayy!)
Jan 19, 2011 1:26 PM

Feb 2009
BRING ON THE ZERO X YUUKI PLZ. :D
Jan 20, 2011 9:01 AM
Jan 2011
I'm going to comment on Persian Chameleon's comments;

Like you, I've only seen the semi-translated scans, so I'm judging from quite a limited viewpoint!
I have to agree about Yuki and Kaname's relationship. She's been quite 'uncomfortable' for a while now - what with all Kaname's secrets and hidden past. I'm getting the feeling that maybe in the future Yuki and Kaname might have a bit of a face-off :O but that's me creating stories in my head. And now with Kaname's plain cruelty regarding Aido-san, will definately ROCK THE BOAT so to speak.

[I agree that Yuuki and Kaname might have a face off in the future, as Aidou already asked himself if Yuuki can indeed face kaname as his equal]

On the other hand, I can totally see Zero coming to terms with the fact that Yuki is not an evil vampire and is not the same as Shizuka or Kaname.

[I actually think that Yuuki might end up as the last vampire queen, w/ zero as her Vampire Knight]

I'm extremely interested in what Sara is up to. She is a fantastic villainess and I love to hate her. I want a female villain who can match Kaname in wit and power. Shizuka was likeable but I don't feel like she was evil enough or powerful enough. Rido was your typical evil bastard. And now we have Sara, a manipulative, calculating badass.

[I agree w/ you, I also like Sara. I think Kaname's plan is to ultimately kill off all the vampire ancestos, if not the whole vampire race... so that Yuuki can live safe forever...]

I can see Hanabusa having a much larger role from now on. His father was just murdered in front of him by his idol/hero? I wonder how he will react.

[I wonder about this as well.]

[I think, that the fact that Yuuki answered Kaname's question of how he saw him {that although she promised to be his wife when they were children; the fact that she now knew that he was her ancestor and he lied about so many things; she now wants to just start over again...and even though she offered her blood to kaname, her decision not to treat him the same was as before, ultimately forces him to abandon his dream and to just execute his original plan]
Jan 20, 2011 9:08 AM
Jan 2011
My comments on Chairman Cross's comments;

ITS ABOUT TIME KANAME Finally quit trying to be somebody he's not. Yuuki could tell he was faking it, and he was getting tired of pretending it and Basically Made this boldwad move so everybody he values dearly will hate him.

[Well, I really think yuuki's decision really removed Kaname's hesitation, he now knows that Yuuki can no longer see and treat him as her beloved onii-sama, and so w/o this anticipation of love from Yuuki, someone who has lived forever like Kaname, now has nothing more to loose...so he sets about to destroy the vampire race that could harm her]

Aidou's father more than likely agreed to it because he knew his son was far to loyal to abandon Kaname for any reason- and for his own child's sake he allowed Kaname to kill him so Aidou would no longer follow Kaname and be safe!

EPIC HARD DECISION for Kaname but a choice he had to make. Its true he had too many loved ones and freinds and he knew he would have to sooner or later break the ties- By killing Lord aidou he did exactly that. I Love it!

Reminds me of Dumbledore asking Snape to kill him in order to protect Draco.

[I soooo agree w/ you on this...I'm thinking the author has read HP as well...or watch the movie at the very least]

Anyway enough said. CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER

[Totally agree w/ you on this!!!]
Jan 25, 2011 4:26 PM

Dec 2010
Taste_of_Chaos said:
ugh, I wonder what Kaname told Aidou-dono..whatever it was, he died pretty peacefully without any retaliation

I was wondering the same thing... I have no idea why Kaname would kill one of his biggest allies when it seemed so unnecessary, considering the Aidou family has always been the one that supported the Kuran family, correct? What could Kaname gain?

emerald_city said:
IchigoHollowfi said:
But its sad really..
He's in love with her.
Poor Zero. D:
I think Kaname is evil..

ohhh, you stole my thoughts!

(finally some Zero, yayy!)

Huza! I agree there--I loved the Zero scene in this, proving he not only loves Yuuki but could possibly accept what she's become... but only time will tell... or another reunion (next chapter perchance? Pretty please? xD)

I actually think that this scene might be one of those scenes inserted to show how he isn't going to wind up with Yori--hopefully Yori is tougher than just slipping into a relationship with him considering she knows he obviously still cares for her best friend and in the beginning she said they were perfect for each other. Even if Zero falls for her (don't see that happening) I hope sensible Yori doesn't just go with it.

Elfana said:
I feel TERRIBLE that Hanabusa had to see his father getting killed D:

I felt so awful for Hanabusa, considering their similar loyalty to the Kuran family, I'm assuming his father and his relationship was pretty close and his dad seemed so sweet, plus to see his idol commit the act, the situation is definitely different than with Shizuka. I don't think he will react as if noting happened like he did before. I actually have been speculating that he has reservations about the Yuuki x Kaname relationship (encouraging Zero to go after her, some of his reactions around them, facial expressions...) and if this is truly the case I think it will become very apparent in the coming chapters considering his growing friendship with Yuuki. I'm really interested to see how Yuuki reacts also considering she knows the victim and has somewhat of a relationship with him unlike all of the council and Shizuka, the "baddies" of the story that Kaname killed to protect her--this time it's different. From everything we know, Kaname killed an innocent.

Oh, does anyone know why Yuuki went to Hanadagi's castle? Did she sense Kaname or something? I was a bit confused at that part, left wondering why she suddenly had the urge to go...

Can't wait till the next chapter is translated!
Jan 27, 2011 9:02 AM

Dec 2009
Zero <3 you're finally back !
Poor Aidou ...
Jun 30, 2011 3:30 AM

Aug 2009
What a good chapter!
This is really getting interesting!
After all those boring chapters, finally!
So Kaname became evil now.
I wonder what will be Yuuki's actions~

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Nov 8, 2012 6:43 PM

Jun 2011
I am liking Kaname less and less. I wonder what his reason was for killing Aidos father and what he said to him before he killed him. Poor Hanabusa I feel so bad for him :( and Zero really has matured over the past year. So far these events are pointing towards a potential Zeki moment. Maybe they will become OTP?
Nov 30, 2013 3:53 PM

Sep 2013
Omg D: poor Aido...
Sep 27, 2014 5:02 AM

Dec 2012
Why did Kaname killed Hanabusa's father? :O

- barely alive -

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.