Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
May 31, 2011 10:33 AM

Feb 2009
new member here...
21 male and from Malaysia.....

i have been watching Asian Drama since small (mostly Taiwanese drama)
but right now i have been watching K and J drama only...

How i find this club, by searching asian drama club

i have watched a lot of taiwanese, japanese and korean drama...

my favorite drama is my boss my hero

and i'm not addicted to asian drama as i'm addicted to anime
Jun 1, 2011 12:19 PM

Apr 2010
How old are you? Are you male or female? Which country are you from?
- 20 / Female / Portugal

How long have you been watching Asian Dramas?
- Since 2008, I think.

How did you find out about our club? What do you think of it so far?
- I searched for "drama" clubs and I found this one. / So far I like it. :)

How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer (japanese, korean, chinese, ...)? And what are your favourite dramas?
- Until now I have seen only 7 (completed) and, if counts, 50 (+/-) asian movies - my drama list here or here (MDL). / I prefer japonese and korean, because they are the languages ​​I'm more accustomed to hearing; but I recognize that other asian countries have also great movies. / My favorite drama is also the first I saw: Ichi Rittoru no Namida.

What will you watch next? Do you want any suggestions?
- I have not had time to watch dramas lately, so I have nothing in mind... I'm also not so addicted to dramas as i'm addicted to animes. But if you want give me any suggestions, i'm open to any. ;)

______Website :: MyDramaList | MyFigureCollection
Jun 1, 2011 5:15 PM

Oct 2007
Eee~ Welcome everyone :D
Feel free to comment in the club page whenever~ It's pretty active :D

EtherSword - If you like Erika Toda you shoud try Spec! I've heard it's great and she's really good in it. I haven't had time to check it out yet though.
Jun 16, 2011 3:14 PM

Jun 2011
-Hello I am 16 years old, living in Florida :)
-I've only been watching dramas for about 4 months? I haven't had time to watch many.
-I started off with the famous Boys Over Flowers and was hooked especially since I just finished my 4th drama Dream High, which I loved.
-I don't know what I will watch yet, I started My gf is a gumiho and zettai kareshi but I got bored with them.

I'd love a reccomendation for a NON-MARYSUE, drama with a not annoying, spineless, typica female lead. :)
Jun 26, 2011 10:42 AM

Jun 2010
I'm a 16-year old, female living in Illinois, but I'm from South Korea.

- How long have you been watching Asian Dramas?
I think I started watching around 2005-2006 because I watched dramas with my family when I was 10-11, and gradually started to watch them on my own.

- How did you find out about our club? What do you think of it so far?
I found this club while browsing through random clubs and I think it's nice that everyone is really friendly.

- How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer (japanese, korean, chinese, ...)? And what are your favourite dramas?
Erm, I think I've watched too many to count. I prefer k-dramas because I grew up with them, but I've recently gotten into j-dramas and liked them, like One Litre of Tears.

- What will you watch next? Do you want any suggestions?
I'm currently watching Pride and I really like it, so I kind of want more J-drama suggestions if anyone has any. I haven't seen that many of them. >.<

"I didn't call you stupid. Calling you stupid would be an insult to the stupid people out there."
Jun 27, 2011 6:01 AM
Jun 2011
hi minna! im new here aNd i would like to introduce myself and hoping to gain new friends!! ^_^

- How old are you? Are you male or female? Which country are you from?

>> I'm 20 years of age. Female. Im from the Philippines.. :3

>> i can't remember how long i have been watching asian dramas.. maybe ever since i was in my elementary years..( im a college graduate now) so i think its really been long.. ^_^

>> i think this club is great 'cos i get to know people who are also in love with asian dramas.. and i know i can ask help on suggestions on good dramas to watch .. ^_^

- How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer (japanese, korean, chinese, ...)? And what are your favourite dramas?

>> i really can't remember how many dramasive been watching so far..maybe 50+?? im really addicted to it.. :D i prefer either japanese, korean or chinese .. it depends in the story plot.. but i really really love japanese drama.. ^_^

>> i can't think of any dramas to watch next.. T_T yes i would want a suggestion if it would be possible! ^_^ i'll say thanks in advance!!

that's all! *bow* :3
I <3 ANIME
Jul 8, 2011 6:35 PM

Dec 2010
Are you male or female?
Female

Which country are you from?
The US of A
for about less than a year
- How did you find out about our club?
i was just searching for a drama club
What do you think of it so far?
its pretty good i was looking.. i like how we can discuss about drama
- How many dramas have you watched?
i havent really kept count.. but quite a few
Which do you prefer (japanese, korean, chinese, ...)?
i actually preferred jdramas for the first few months.. but eventually moved on to Taiwanese and korean dramas
And what are your favourite dramas?
jap: Ikebukuro West Gate Park
kor: coffee prince, youre beautiful, my girlfriend is a gumiho
tai: devil beside you

- What will you watch next?

Do you want any suggestions?
[color=purple] Of course!
Jul 17, 2011 8:39 AM

Aug 2007
- 27, male, usa

Some odd number of years now, basically.

It was in the list when I was looking through random clubs. It seems cool; I joined a long time ago without much participation but it'd be nice to change that.

- How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer (japanese, korean, chinese,)
I've seen a fair many movies but only a few series, really. I like them from all of the above pretty much, although I think I do lean to watching Korean ones a little more.
Jul 17, 2011 1:30 PM

Oct 2007
:D :D Welcome !!!!

ToriHime said:
]
I'd love a reccomendation for a NON-MARYSUE, drama with a not annoying, spineless, typica female lead. :)

I'd say to stay away from most kdramas then. They tend to have really passive female leads with jerks/agressive male leads. I think you should keep watching gumiho! I think it might have been a little slow in the beggining but it picked up a lot for me.
"Love Shuffle" is a great show as well as as my personl favorite -- coffee prince! Around 40 is another good romance show with a good female lead, but it is an older woman x younger guy romance.

EternalTears said:
I'm currently watching Pride and I really like it, so I kind of want more J-drama suggestions if anyone has any. I haven't seen that many of them. >.<

omg pride is one of my favorites!!! You should try buzzer beat for romance as well as long vacation (with the same guy from pride!)
Jul 18, 2011 4:12 AM

Sep 2008
katsup said:
Eee~ Welcome everyone :D
Feel free to comment in the club page whenever~ It's pretty active :D

EtherSword - If you like Erika Toda you shoud try Spec! I've heard it's great and she's really good in it. I haven't had time to check it out yet though.

Oh thank you. I'll shall keep that in mind. I always like it when my favorite actresses are lead roles. :)
Aug 15, 2011 7:01 PM
Aug 2011
17. female. Philippines
I started watching since I was 12.
How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer (japanese, korean, chinese, ...)? And what are your favourite dramas?
I don't know how many. I'm not counting it. :P I prefer Korean/Japanese dramas. But I prefer Korean drama the most.
I think I will watch City Hunter next.
Can you give other suggestions? Thanks. :)
Aug 19, 2011 6:42 AM

Aug 2011
Hi ADA!I'm Shua..I'm 12 years. Looks like i'm the youngest here *cowers in a corner*...I'm from The Maldives.
For an year or a half.. my sis was the one who borrowed the first drama from a friend of hers and showed it 2 me:)
From a users profile.I think it's a great club =D
I've watched around 40 dramas.:) I prefer korean and japanese ones. My fav J-drama is ofcourse Hana-Kimi and K-drama is You're beautiful=D
I dunno,since my sis is the one who downloads them. I'm currently watching Myeong Wol The Spy & Heartstrings :) . I wud apppreciate any suggestions though.
MenciusAug 31, 2011 4:31 AM
Aug 21, 2011 10:58 PM

Aug 2011
Hi everyone! Just joined this club (it'll probably be the only one I'll join too, since I just wanted a place to keep track of all the anime I've watched), and I thought I'd drop by to introduce myself. Anyways, my name's Shaira (my username backwards, you see what I did there? XD), so yeah (x

- I'm a 14 year old female from the US.

- Around two years, I think? Yup, I started watching in late July of 2009.

- I just typed in "asian dramas" in the search box for clubs, and stumble upon this one. I like it here so far, even though I haven't been here for even an hour, hahah (x

- Even though I've been watching dramas for two years now, I've watched about 35 or so. (Yes, I know I'm a pretty extremely slow watcher.) I definitely prefer Korean, so my favorite dramas are all Korean (x My #1 drama of all time is City Hunter, the drama that tore my heart out and shoved it back in my chest. I do have other favorite dramas like My Girl, Prosecutor Princess, and yes, Boys Before Flowers - but wait! It's only one of my favorite dramas because of Kim Bum (who, by the way, is my ultimate love) and Kim So Eun's amazing chemistry (And who else agrees that those two need another drama together, ASAP?).

- I'm always open to suggestions, but my To Watch list is pretty long, especially with all these new dramas coming out every month. I'm currently watching Myung Wol the Spy though; I need something fun and wacky after being depressed by the end of City Hunter.

Well, that was longer than I'd expected. But I hope to see you all around! (:
Sep 20, 2011 3:14 PM

Jan 2009
Names Buwie. I'm a 20 year old female from Colorado, USA.
Late winter early spring of this year. I can't really remember ^^;
How did you find out about our club? What do you think of it so far
I was interested in Asian dramas so I joined to see where I could go to start watching them. I'm not sure. I've been rather inactive the last 6 months due to no internet.
How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer (japanese, korean, chinese, ...)? And what are your favourite dramas? I've only caught episodes here and there on about 3 Korean dramas (Alone in Love, Grand Chef, and I Love You). Decided to start watching those three, back before my internet was turned off. Now it's just Freeze. So far I've only seen Korean dramas so I can't say if I like it more over others.
I'm not sure. It really depends on what the channel I'm watching my dramas airs next or when I get my internet back. Feel free^^ I have no set preference on what I like yet so suggest anything.
Oct 28, 2011 8:16 AM

Apr 2011
I'm 14, whether I'm male or female, it's up to you to decide, and I'm from Indonesia.

Since Princess Hours came up on TV.

Did a bit research. It's quite easy to find, and it's fine... I guess.

A lot, and I personally prefer Japanese. Liar Game, Bloody Monda, and Akihabara@DEEP are my guilty pleasure &lt;3

Uhh, I heard that there's a live-action for Resident Evil? That counts? And Love Shuffle too, I guess. Yup, I do want suggestions.

Nov 15, 2011 7:32 PM
Jun 2011
im 18

about 3 months

i prefer japanese and korean my fave is gokusen, yankee kun to megane chan and ofc my girlfriend is a gumiho xD

i will watch code blue xD
Nov 19, 2011 7:28 AM

Dec 2007
I'm not new, but what the hey..

29 (this site makes me feel old) / male / USA

I'd guess about three years.

I don't remember exactly.. think I just found it through a search. I like it and the people are friendly, I just wish it was more active.. But this is an odd problem with most clubs I'm a member of, no matter their size.

Almost thirty now. I've seen mostly Korean, because they're easier to find through streaming sites, which is more convenient for me than downloading. Jewel in the Palace (Dae Jang Geum) is my favorite, followed by Flowers For My Life (more people need to watch this!) and Coffee Prince.

Haven't decided yet.. I'd like to watch more Japanese dramas, I'm just a bit overwhelmed with choices.
SchnickelFritzNov 19, 2011 8:59 AM
Nov 25, 2011 4:53 AM

Jun 2011
Konnichiwa, Minna :)) Wow, this club has many members. :))

I'm 19, female. A Filipino- Chinese from Philippines.

Since 12. :)) My first would be Autumn Fairytale.

I stumbled upon it by coincidence, but it was great finding it. I'm beginning to like it here~

This is tough... I believe I've seen too many dramas that I've lost count. Maybe pretty close to 200, I guess? If you add the movies you gotta add another hundred. So all in all about 300+.
Oh and I prefer Japanese (if its comedy/ romantic comedy/mystery), Korean (if its heavy drama/ romance/ historical), and Chinese (if its smut romance)

My Fave dramas would be:
Jdrama: Ikemen Desu Ne, 1 liter of Tears, Nodame Cantabile, Proposal Daisakusen, Sekai no Chuushin de ai wo sakebu, Waterboys, Tantei Gakuen Q, Buzzer Beat, Shokojo Seira, 14-sai no haha, Ohitorisama, Liar Game and a lot lot more

Kdrama: Goong, Autumn Fairytale, Secret Garden, BOF, Scent of a Woman, Dream High, Jewel in the Palace

Taiwanese: Devil Beside Me, Romantic Princess, Marmalade Boy, Love of the Condor Heroes

Movies: Confessions (J), Tada Kimi o Aishiteru (J), Love Com (J), Hotai Club (J), I'll give my First love to you, Windstruck (K), My Little Bride (K)

I guess something that has my fave stars in it like Yamapi, Okada Masaki, Yamada Ryosuke, Ueno Juri, Miyazaki Aoi, Shida Mirai, Takimoto Miori, Kis-My-ft2, Koike Teppei, Kim Hyun Joong, Park Shin Hye, Jang Geun Suk, Angela Zhang, Ariel Lin... etc.

Oh, I'm currently looking forward to Hana Kim Korean Version. :))
Momo-HimeNov 25, 2011 6:12 AM
"Them who looks blind at ANIME, looks blind at SALVATION."
Nov 26, 2011 3:18 PM
Jul 2011
I'm a 15yr old female from the US^^

1 1/2 years

I was just randomly looking at clubs then I saw Asian Drama Addicts and I thought it was cool cuz I love asian dramas so I joined and I like the club =)

How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer? And what are your favourite dramas?
I've watching 30 dramas and 16 movies and currently watching 3 dramas, lol, as you can tell I have a dramalist =) I've started to prefer Korean dramas over Japanese dramas... My favorite dramas are Shining Inheritance, 1 Litre of Tears, Coffee Prince, Dream High, Lie to Me, Greatest Love, Protect the Boss, Secret Garden and lots more that I don't have the time to list =P

I really feel like I've watched all the really good dramas out there so if you have any suggestions feel free to message me^^ I like romance genre, it can be tragedy too, the drama/movie can be Korean, Japanese or Taiwanese^^
That awkward moment when you're watching yaoi then all of a sudden someone walks in...
Apr 16, 2012 10:03 AM

Mar 2012
Hello everyone!
I am a new member this club =D
Um, I'm going to introduce myself ~
How old are you?
I am 19, but in a few months I'll be 20 =)
Are you male or female?
I'm a female!
I am from Germany ofc I live there ~
Well, uhm, I started to watch Asian Drama a year ago. When I started to work for my first time, together with a fellow of mine in the same education. We got to know each other and she started to talk everything about Asian Drama and she persuaded me to watch some. Yes, all thank to her I love it XD
How did you find out about our club?
I was wondering when I joined MAL, that there would be some clubs without any anime/manga and I gave a try and I found Asian Drama club! =D
Sounds interesting and I can find some dramas all by myself =) It would be unfair if my friend knew a lot of dramas and gave me a lot of job to watch them. I decided to surprise her about some dramas she didn't know XD
How many dramas have you watched?
I have watched 5 dramas until now... I have less time >_<
I am not sure yet... I have watched korean and taiwanese...
I believe my fave is Boys before/over flowers in korean version =)
What will you watch next?
I am watching 'Hi, my Sweetheart', I am not finished yet. After that I decide to watch 'You're beautiful'. Yes that friend of mine... She hopes that I can watch it and she says that I'll love it and ofc she figures probably that I'll love that blonde guy and another one... XD
Yes I would like, but later ~ After I'm done with 'You're beautiful' =)

That's it, or do you want to ask me some more questions? =P
Do not worry, be happy ~
Jul 13, 2012 11:29 PM

Apr 2008
18, female, US
about 3 years!
In another mal user's profile~ It's nice, glad to see other mal members loving dramas as well!
I've seen quite a few, not too much though. I've been preferring korean dramas lately. My favorite series would have to be My GF is a Gumiho and The Moon That Embraces the Sun.
Hm, not sure about that, I'm watching a lot at the moment. Maybe another Kang Dong Won movie.
Jul 24, 2012 10:44 PM

Jan 2010
I'm a 17 years old brazilian female.
I guess about 2-3 years :)
I was looking for a group of people that likes dramas ^^
I've seen 21 dramas, my favorites are: Sunao ni Narenakute, Coffee Prince and Secret Garden, I prefer the korean ones :)
I'm currently watching Flower Boy Ramyun Shop and Big, I'd love some suggestions :3

Nice to meet you!! :D
Nov 22, 2012 11:45 PM

Nov 2012
- How old are you? Are you male or female? Which country are you from?- Female, 16
- How long have you been watching Asian Dramas?- I havent been watching it for a long time i have just started getting into it and really like it.
- How did you find out about our club? What do you think of it so far?- I found it through looking for K-pop clubs, i think its cool so far :)
- How many dramas have you watched? Which do you prefer (japanese, korean, chinese, ...)? And what are your favourite dramas?- I have watched a couple and i prefer Korean and some Japanese
- What will you watch next? Do you want any suggestions?-Im in the middle of watching Fugitive plan B by Bi Rain, and yes please i would like some suggestions that would be great :)
Feb 24, 2013 3:45 PM
Jan 2013
Hello, I'm Magda.

How old are you?

Are you male or female?
*female

*Poland

*this will by 2 years...

*I was just looking around and I find you :D this must be fate ;)

*too short to say ;) but i like it...

*About 38...

*Hmm I think japanese (27/38), but I started like korean..

*Rookies
*Detroit Metal City
*Kurosagi
*Doroppu
*City hunter
*Vampire Prosecutor
*Bloody Monday
*L: Change the World

*Samurai High School
*Yankee-kun to Megane-Chan
*Gokusen
*Lovely complex

*I'm fine a this moment ;) Maybe later...

Nice to meet you...
Sep 8, 2013 9:10 AM

Mar 2010
15 years old / You guess / Canada
A few years
I searched up movies in the search bar [MAL's Club search bar] Just been here for a few secs so idk :P
81 including movies/ I prefer all. / Skip Beat! The Princess' Man King2Hearts
Idk/ Sure :P
Sep 22, 2013 2:53 PM

Sep 2013
I`m 19. Female. Lithuania
Almost a year.
Typed drama into the search box and this club was one of the suggestion. It looks pretty :D
14 dramas and 12 movies. I like them all for now. Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
Hana Kimi. Okay :)

Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=27802&pages=17&show=320#S2RCqtx1DDp1jHvU.99
Feb 18, 2014 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
New member here. Going to introduce myself...

How old are you?
30 years old, turning 31 in a month or two.

Are you male or female?
Male.

Hong Kong.

Since I was a little boy, don't remember the exact age. Over two decades ago!

I did a search just now out of curiousity and found it.

It is dead! =P

Quite a few over the past 2-3 decades.

Japanese mainly.

Sengoku BASARA: Moonlight Party.

Not going to watch any for awhile.

No, thanks.
Apr 6, 2014 2:18 PM

Dec 2007
I'm not new but what the hey, I'm bored..

How old are you?
32.. and again, this site makes me feel old.

Are you male or female?
Male.

U.S.

I forget exactly.. six or seven years.

Searched for it.

It was pretty fun a few years back, but I think most of the old regulars have moved on.. It would be a bit of a stretch to include myself among them, though. I only contributed sparingly to discussions.

Almost sixty, not counting specials or seasons separately.

Korean, but I've seen relatively few Japanese (and only one Taiwanese) thus far.

Jewel in the Palace, Flowers For My Life, In Time With You, Coffee Prince, JIN

I have a handful of Chinese dramas on my "plan to watch" list, but am not sure which to try first yet.

Browsing mydramalist.com is giving me enough ideas for the moment.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » What Drama/Movie Are You Currently Watching? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReverseHarem - Mar 10, 2009

757 by Wolf_Pikachu »»
Aug 27, 2020 4:48 AM

Sticky: » The Drama Links List

Susan - Apr 17, 2010

4 by Susan »»
Oct 22, 2016 10:55 PM

Sticky: » Last Drama/Movie You Finished Watching? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Susan - Mar 8, 2009

1025 by SchnickelFritz »»
Jun 26, 2016 12:24 PM

» Member Roll Call

Susan - Jun 13, 2016

19 by SchnickelFritz »»
Jun 25, 2016 9:14 PM

» Drama/movies based on anime/manga

TenderRain91 - Dec 26, 2014

0 by TenderRain91 »»
Dec 26, 2014 5:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.