Forum Settings
Forums

False Rumor of Sequel to Porco Rosso Spread From Mistranslation

New
Aug 26, 2010 1:24 AM

Feb 2008
According to Cinema Today, US Media has been reporting that Miyazaki Hayao is developing a sequel to Porco Rosso based on an interview released in Cut magazine September issue. Although Miyazaki did mention the outline of the sequel, he continued "I realized that it wouldn't work. (laugh) It would be fortunate if I had a chance to produce it easily, but that's already a pastime. (no longer a serious work.)"

Miyazaki said he wants to depict a forward-looking boy in his next work. "But I can't assure you anything now. Yet, the protagonist will be a girl again."

Source: Cinema Today
dtshykAug 26, 2010 5:52 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 26, 2010 2:15 AM

Apr 2010
Well that's a big misinterpretation.

Aug 26, 2010 3:07 AM
Dec 2007
Miyazaki will probably never do a sequel to any of his movies, that's clearly not his style nor his wish. I'm sure I wasn't the only one not to believe in the fishy info reported in Cinema Today.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 26, 2010 3:32 AM
Nov 2009
I remember hearing about this in the radio news last winter. I mean, that MIyazaki was planning a sequel. But they said the sequel would be for the manga the animation was based on, not for the movie itself.
Aug 26, 2010 3:54 AM

Aug 2009
Those Bastards ! ! well then again Porco Rosso was a good but not great anime compared to his other works
Aug 26, 2010 4:34 AM

Jan 2010
Biggest fail, sad, I really like of Porco Rosso.
Aug 26, 2010 5:23 AM

Sep 2008
kurochaos said:
Biggest fail, sad, I really like of Porco Rosso.

QFT
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Aug 26, 2010 8:06 AM

Jan 2010
dtshyk said:

Miyazaki said he wants to depict a forward-looking boy in his next work. "But I can't assure you anything now. Yet, the protagonist will be a girl again."

This made me LOL. It gives off this "I really wanted a good boy character for my next film, but, well, the protagonist's a girl, so that's not really gonna work out I guess. Nothing I can really do about it."
Aug 26, 2010 9:21 AM
Oct 2009
Aww...T_T a sequel to PR would have been awesome...
Aug 26, 2010 3:36 PM

Nov 2008
what a bunch of morons
Aug 26, 2010 8:34 PM

Jun 2009
too bad T_T"
porco rosso was amazing .. anyway .. i can't imagine miyazaki would make any sequels to any of his movies -_-"
Aug 27, 2010 4:59 AM

Dec 2008
Cholisose said:
dtshyk said:

This made me LOL. It gives off this "I really wanted a good boy character for my next film, but, well, the protagonist's a girl, so that's not really gonna work out I guess. Nothing I can really do about it."

Well you might want to consider that Ghibli's next 2 films are based on stories, so if those stories starred a female as the main heroine, maybe he didn't want to change that. In the interview he was probably talking about his next film that would be an original idea.
Jan 26, 2011 3:57 PM
Mar 9, 2011 11:49 PM

Aug 2009
TakeshiKitano said:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1714067/

O_O
Wait, seriously?!?! I'm still a bit distrustful even if the source is imdb. Well, if it's for real, then it's the second best anime news I've heard this year (after Natsume Youjinchou 3rd season). ( °٢° )
Jun 3, 2011 8:14 PM
May 2010
Oh praise God. First I heard Pixar was going to do Cars 2 and then this. No matter how good Porco Rosso was, I'd much rather him do a new work then revisit an old one.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - 31 minutes ago

2 by BlondieLottie »»
10 minutes ago

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

11 by iwubanime »»
1 hour ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

41 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs

Nioxys - Today

0 by Nioxys »»
Today, 8:39 AM

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Zedlin »»
Today, 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.