Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 28, 2013 11:30 AM

Sep 2012
3 grown up woman got beaten bi school girl at argument hahahaha LOL
Oct 5, 2013 3:42 AM

Aug 2013
Wait waaat?? The guy got sent to hell because of a scratch and some spilled coffee? >.<
How did the man that sent him to hell even know his name? o___O
Also I think Hone Onna is very beautiful~ :3
Dec 1, 2013 8:30 PM

Jun 2012
well this was a rather interesting episode it was a nice change of pace. only wonder how this guy who sent him to was related to him except for the coffee over him.

it seems the way they will sent some one to hell keep improving recently i start to like them better.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jan 5, 2014 11:23 PM

Nov 2013
At this point it's so freaking hilarious like i mean he splashed coffee on a guy and runs away...i mean i would too like it was too outrageous of an accident for anyone to believe it could be an accident. This by far was just so stupid the only redeeming quality of this episode comic relief from the other episodes.
Jan 26, 2014 11:12 PM

Jan 2014
Loved this episode! I know officially have an anime crush on Onna. haha. Well, from that episode, I'm surprised that no one noticed that the AE86 Trueno was most likely an Initial D reference.

Overall, great episode. Everyone already said what I wanted to say. haha!
Mar 29, 2014 9:45 AM
Jun 2009
zeron824 said:
AE86 Trueno was most likely an Initial D reference.

Watching this series now, exactly the same thing I thought when saw it! And that name on the candle... Gyota Hachiroku (hachi=8, roku=6)
May 16, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2012
Krayt said:
The style of this episode was great, Hone Onna as well but there's something bothering me. Sending someone to hell because of a car? I don't understand, why she didn't reject this case.

What do you expect from a evil monster she doesn't care about who did what from an innocent nurse who didn't do fuck all to a murderer, it's not one of the deadly sins but petty shit that could of been talked over but nope let's get revenge against someone who fucking pushed you .........Yeah because a person who pushes you must be hell bond,

I swear it's like it revenge is her cot and candy
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Sep 15, 2014 11:04 PM

Jan 2010
I've always knew that I'd find a truly pathetic character that would surpass all I've seen thus far.

Now, THIS is a pathetic character. And no, it's surprisingly not the cheating lying deadbeat director wannabe.

Scraped car and got hot coffee on you = Hell Girl contract? Really?
Oct 11, 2014 2:07 AM

Nov 2013
This episode felt out of place

Hone Onna getting some development was nice

Getting a dent in your car and a coffee spilled on your back may be one of the dumbest reasons somebody has sent someone to hell in this anime.

One of the weakest episodes this season thus far.
FunnyRatmanOct 11, 2014 2:13 AM

Oct 11, 2014 2:11 AM

Nov 2013
DJNOSTYLE said:
...How the Hell did the hat guy know Tetusuro's name?
I'm pretty sure you don't need to know the guys name. You just need to say what they did and they will know.

Nov 15, 2014 4:37 PM

Jan 2014
Deadbeat dude: I don't mind being banished to hell if it's by a girl.
Hone Onna: The thing is, the person who requested it is a man.

LOL

5/5
Dec 2, 2014 3:59 AM

Feb 2013
Sigh this was a good epiosode too until that dumb ending.
I liked seeing a different side to Hone Onna's Personality in this episode.
that guy just didnt really "deserve" to go to hell, or at least not by some random guy who's got upset over his car of all things! WHY not the girl who he Robbed of 3 million YEN!!
Thats what i was expecting towards the end...BUT NO its some random guy and his Bloody car that get him... -sigh- it was still a good episode but damn that ending bit.
Also Lol at
GanbatteBakemono said:
Deadbeat dude: I don't mind being banished to hell if it's by a girl.
Hone Onna: The thing is, the person who requested it is a man.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Sep 22, 2015 2:42 AM

Aug 2010
A comedy episode you say? Why the hell not, it's better than the usual copy+paste stuff!
Sep 25, 2015 5:36 AM

Aug 2014
Who sents someone to hell for hitting his car? Anyways this was quite enjoyable.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Sep 25, 2015 7:03 AM

Dec 2014
Great refresher for the series but sending someone to hell for that? I feel bad for the guy.
Oct 30, 2015 11:04 AM

Oct 2014
DJNOSTYLE said:
...How the Hell did the hat guy know Tetusuro's name?

you don't need to know the name remember the first season? He just typed the guy who scratched my car
Nov 24, 2015 3:27 AM

Jun 2015
I still feel bad for the girl whom he had spent 300000 for just a race.........he deserved to go to hell but not for the boy but for that girl.
Jan 18, 2016 5:17 PM

Jan 2014
Ai blushed xD
Poor guy...no one deserves hell for a scratch in the car..
Oct 1, 2016 8:29 AM

Apr 2016
Well, this was stupid. Especially the reason..

Sad for Hone Onna :/
Oct 11, 2016 10:56 AM

Jun 2015
This is the first funny episode I see in Jigoku Shoujo. Not bad, I don't mind another episode like this.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 10, 2017 10:13 PM
Feb 2015
86 Toyota, Your grievance shall be avenged!! ROFL
Apr 1, 2017 10:30 AM

Apr 2009
The worst episode for me.

How did he even know his name?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2017 7:49 PM

Sep 2011
tsaavik said:
86 Toyota, Your grievance shall be avenged!! ROFL

I literally came here just to see if anyone else noticed this! lol A quick google search confirmed that the guy's car actually was an '86 Toyota too, I love when shows have clever little details like this.

A great episode though, it was nice to see a light-hearted episode and get some more Hone Onna characterization. As a couple other people have mentioned, Ai's speech as a silent film was brilliant.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Jun 9, 2017 12:20 PM

May 2015
Lol. It was fun episode. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 12, 2017 3:09 PM
Mar 2016
great ep. i genuinely like tetsuro, he didnt deserve to go to hell but at least he had a fun experience beforehand.
Sep 29, 2017 11:54 PM
Aug 2016
ezaya said:
The worst episode for me.

How did he even know his name?
one of the laziest and ridiculous writing..even a harem anime surpass this single episode.
Nov 1, 2017 12:18 PM

Sep 2012
OXV said:
At this point it's so freaking hilarious like i mean he splashed coffee on a guy and runs away...i mean i would too like it was too outrageous of an accident for anyone to believe it could be an accident. This by far was just so stupid the only redeeming quality of this episode comic relief from the other episodes.

actually in previous stop he scratched hes car with hes car, next stop the guy already had the toll & when he spilled coffee on him it was the last straw for him so he pulled the string

pay more attention when watching anime :)

but i agree hes reason for sending a guy to hell was idiotic
Nov 1, 2017 12:22 PM

Sep 2012
Shocked said:
I've always knew that I'd find a truly pathetic character that would surpass all I've seen thus far.

Now, THIS is a pathetic character. And no, it's surprisingly not the cheating lying deadbeat director wannabe.

Scraped car and got hot coffee on you = Hell Girl contract? Really?

so true, new i think there is no1 left to surpass this dude in any anime XD
Mar 7, 2018 11:01 PM
Jan 2014
Well this was definitely the weirdest episode of the series so far. I don't even know what I'm watching anymore. During season 1, I always thought of the Hell Crew as omnipotent, so seeing them having personal lives where they socialize with regular people in the real world is really weird to me.
Jun 7, 2019 2:45 AM

Jun 2017
Holy hell, this was a weird ep, it's perhaps the weirdest episode of Jigoku Shoujo I've watched/re-watched.

But anyway, the highlight of this ep is that Ai blushed, so cute, I knew that what she said about resting our bones once in a while was a pun.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 29, 2020 9:51 PM

Jun 2016
Too bad my man went to hell just like that. He was lucky with women giving him money just like that.

Idk if they told us before but we or I learned that the humans who interacts with Enma Ai's assistants forget about them after.
Diangelo18Mar 29, 2020 9:55 PM
Jan 29, 2021 12:28 PM

Mar 2019
Liked this episode. It felt different and we also "found out" that humans forget about these 4 main characters after the target has been killed, though that was already obvious.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 12, 2022 5:04 PM
Dec 2017
another okish episode i suppose

Apr 6, 2023 1:03 PM

Sep 2017
The guy really was ok with going to hell just because someone scratchd his car and accidentally spilled coffee on him? Well I guess it wouldn't be that strange thing of someone to do this when his name is literally his car name(Hachiroku Toyota=Toyota AE86)

Also holy shit, don't they have any other song to play other than the opening of the first season?
خ
Aug 12, 2023 2:21 PM

May 2020
Oh gawd took me like 4 breaks before I made it to the end. This ep sure sets itself apart from the general mood of the show.
I see. Your only option is to revolutionize the world.
Oct 26, 2023 10:23 AM

Dec 2017
A thought: I often see confused comments about episodes where the punished character is either innocent or has only caused trivial trouble, asking why Ai didn't reject the request.

While the show is by no means a model of consistency, it has been stated several times that Ai only rejects requests when there is no grudge behind it, or a grudge that is not powerful enough. It has nothing to do with the motive itself. If the guy's got some anger issues to the point of wanting someone dead over a car getting damaged, the grudge is strong enough, and Ai has no reason to refuse. Like she said, it's not about justice.

If I'm not wrong, at least!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 30, 2008

82 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 27, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 18, 2008

66 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 25, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MEGATRON - Jul 23, 2008

64 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 20, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 30, 2008

64 by nrrc102 »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:21 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 8 Discussion

figure8life - Jul 20, 2009

46 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.