Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 2, 2014 7:18 AM

Aug 2013
That was depressing as F. I should have expected that kind of ending I guess I mean the story has been heavy since the early episodes.

Still great. I don't recommend anyone to watch the last episode before going to sleep though. Better to have happy thoughts before you retire for the day XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 18, 2014 8:01 PM

May 2012
I didn't expect Rosette to die. Thats one of the saddest ending I've seen
May 25, 2014 9:14 PM

Dec 2013
I don't know, why I write this now, so many years after finish that series...
This is one of my beloved series, and I must write it.

That's one of the saddest anime series ever, depressing, so smazing...
I love that ending so much, I don't know, how many times I watched it and how many times I'll cry of it. I never forget this series, I know about it because it's so fucking beautiful!
Jun 19, 2014 11:27 AM

Apr 2010
This is probably the saddest ending i've ever seen. I knew Rosette's death was inevitable, and i'm glad they had that ending. I just wasn't expecting it to be this heart breaking.
Jul 2, 2014 11:12 AM

Jun 2013
Really awesome ending. I pretty much had my mind made up the entire time that I was gonna give this 7/10, but with that ending I have changed my mind. 8/10.
Jul 25, 2014 10:51 PM

Jul 2012
Wow this kind of ending, It seems Aion wins in the end? Very sad ending.

6/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 1, 2014 10:43 PM

Jul 2014
Loved this serie, the battles were great and so was the love story between Chrono and Rosette. Aion you fucking bastard....
Sep 24, 2014 8:01 PM

Sep 2012
Slightly disappointed that they didn't kiss or say "I love you to each other" before they passed away but either way, I am satisfied enough. In a way, it was also a sweet and romantic end. They ran away together to spend time alone and spent the whole 5 months together. Even when it was time for their death. They spent the last moments close together and passed away together.
FlamingMangosSep 25, 2014 10:49 AM
Oct 4, 2014 7:38 PM

Jan 2011
Aion is one of the most annoying villians i've seen. Alwaays blarting stuff. Like, getting Rosette's gun from Chrono and handing it to Rosette, and then saying "i'm just a watcher, i don't do anything". Wait, what? Ignore all the devil stuff and all that brainwashing he did before etc. for a moment: If Rosette had killed Chrono there, Aion would either be charged for murder, complicity or at the very least instigation.

It does make a lot of sense for him to behave the way he does, but it's extremely annoying to watch. Heck, he even goes so far as to call other people including God a hypocrite, but he's the biggest of them all.

I just can't stand villians (or people) like that. And on top of that, even if he didn't win, he sure as hell didn't lose, and he survived - unscathed?

They also could have cut that whole crap with the Duke. It didn't achieve a thing, neither in the actual story, not as a general plot device.

Besides that, really really nice. I loved most characters, especially Rosette, the music was nice, and the ending heartbreaking, even if it it was no suprise (except maybe that they actually did it). The last episode..i started to cry like halfway through, and eveytime i thought the worst is over, e.g. when they switched to Joshua in between (also sad, but not comparable, especially how it was portraited)..just to have them go back to Rosette etc.
Mar 3, 2015 2:19 PM

Oct 2014
Not gonna lie. I cried, a lot. Fuck that was really emotional, but glad they went out with each other.

Sad to see the anime end the way it did, but hey not everything got a happy ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2015 2:49 AM

Nov 2014
I thought the ending was beautiful, the death of chrno and rosita was supposed to happen.
But Ayon's existence is just disappointing, and all this war that is coming next.

I didn't like the message from the anime, they were enforcing faith and fate in every sentence, as if you don't decide your own path it is already decided for you.

I enjoyed some parts and teared in others. I actually dropped it twice before deciding to finish it. It wasn't bad overall. I guess I'd give it 6/10 (I feel 6.5 would be more appropriate tho)
Aug 14, 2015 9:27 AM
Aug 2015
Well it's great but... Ending is so bad you know..But it makes me cry ..... If you wanna try.. Sad anime just try canneld after story and The zero familiar..
Sep 28, 2015 8:47 PM

Dec 2008
It was like a supernatural 1920's Romeo & Juliet mixed with a crap ton of judeo christian altered mess. BUt the end theme at the final episode was nice. Bittersweet and nice. 5/10 for this show.
Oct 8, 2015 6:41 PM

Jan 2013
Honestly people .... How can you like that ending ? I didn't cry because I'm not really an emotional person , but man .... manga and anime ending is bad .... I prefer happy endings , even when they are cliche , it' s always better to smile rather than cry or get depressed ... It feels like Manga and Anime are unfinished , and they rushed it ... and made really depressing stuff ...
Dec 28, 2015 2:30 PM
Mar 2015
I first watched this when I was 15, I'm now 26 and the ending still made me cry. I will always have a soft spot for Chrono Crusdae. There are very few titles out there that can get you emotionally attached to the characters. Thank you Daisuke Moriyama.

(If anyone wants a happy story, then they should watch Disney not anime)
Jan 3, 2016 3:58 AM
Jan 2016
Oh great the rapist wins, while a great couple dies. BEST anime indeeed :D
Feb 2, 2016 8:13 PM

Dec 2012
Three of four main characters were dead and yet Aion live happily ever after. Can't ask more tragic ending.

Mar 4, 2016 7:32 AM

Jan 2014
This was very touching. I loved it. At least they died happily together. :')
And thanks to some posts here, I understood some things better.
Not that I haven't until now, but they weren't clear enough to settle in my mind.
I will watch Azmaria's lessons just in case, though xD
Apr 23, 2016 7:58 AM

Mar 2015
Tragic ending but it feels like all the efforts the characters made in the story were for nothing when Aion came back to life. I wouldn't call it bittersweet, because that would involve a happy ending but at a great cost, but this was simply tragic because Aion came back. It's like the film/musical "little shop of horrors" where the bad guy wins in the end. It feels a little off if nothing good came from their deaths, like the viewers were cheated. Their deaths were beautiful, the 5 minutes after their deaths just cancelled the impact from what the viewers had experienced previously. Even though the anime has left room for a second season, it introduced a lot of suspense and ended with tension. It would've been better if it ended on a hopeful note at least, like introducing the new Mary of Magdelene.

I don't particularly like moral of the story (seen at the end card about the third Fatima prophecy) either, which simply states humans can only stand back and watch what happens to them, and also suggests that the destructive path humanity will walk is chosen by god. I feel there should've been a more uplifting moral to the story, like humanity must rise up and conquer sin within themselves or defeat evil, idk. The suggestion that devils turn humans to god is also something that was brought up in the anime but I can't agree with it (as a Christian).

Overall:
4/5 Ending (Pre 15 Minute mark)
2.5/5 Ending (After 15 Minute mark)
7/10 Series. Loved the relationship between Chrono and Rosette.
GaryMuffuginOakApr 25, 2016 7:43 AM
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Nov 4, 2016 12:35 PM

Jan 2012
7/10 it was sad ending , Chrno could have survived if he wanted .

mmanga ending is better

Jan 10, 2017 1:06 AM
Apr 2015
Well pretty good show, for anyone who didn't realaize Aion was actually Satan. The whole prophecy thing at the end basically confirms it, and considering he set in motion the end times. Rosetta did go to heaven,confirmed by the angel who said you can still go even with contracting with a demon; the only debatable person would be chrome since he is actually a demon. Well God may forgive him of his sins, since technically demons are actually angels and chrome did pretty much switch sides. For the people who didn't like the ending, well it couldn't have reslly ended any other way, the show is based off of revelations loosely, so satan (aion) had to kinda win that's why God didn't stop him directly. Lastly the main characters did all basically need to die, the picture of them all togather smiling at the fair, is shown to symbolize the last Era, and WW1 started up which was a new Era so everyone from the previous one kinda needed to go. The poor angel who's punishment for sinning is to witness earth in the end days is pretty rough though, which raises the question why is he homeless? Couldn't he have just gone an served with the church again? Oh well.ending very dramatic and well done and of course bitter sweet as it should be.
2015 and still shipping these two till the last.
kallen x lelouch!
Jan 10, 2017 1:08 AM
Apr 2015
AllenVonStein said:

mmanga ending is better

Couldn't that be said about nearly everyone in the main cast? That's not the point, he wanted to die, so he could be with the woman he loved.
2015 and still shipping these two till the last.
kallen x lelouch!
Jan 10, 2017 5:22 PM

Jan 2012
Kajeki said:
so he could be with the woman he loved.

be with her where lol?

Jan 22, 2017 6:58 PM

Jul 2013
It has been years since I have watched this series. Now after a re-watch, my opinion for the series has changed. Firstly, the series kept emphasising on Chrno slaying many demon lives but I just don't see it as there is hardly battles and he's weak for a high class demon. Secondly, One of the scenes where Aion kissed Rosette [episode 7], Chrno and Rosette done nothing or Chrno was about to but in the end nothing happened. In summary Aion kissed Rosette more than Chrno. Seriously for the ending at least how them both kissing. Then the next problem was Rosette does nothing when Aion captures her to become the holy women. Seriously Rosette was just useless as she wanted him to use her. I am actually quite annoyed how a series could have the potential to be good series which is average/decent. My rating was a 7/10 but now it is 6/10. if they had more fight scenes and showing Chrno being badass then it be getting a higher score.

Renaultclio101Jan 23, 2017 2:14 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2017 2:17 AM

Jul 2013
Kajeki said:
AllenVonStein said:

mmanga ending is better

Couldn't that be said about nearly everyone in the main cast? That's not the point, he wanted to die, so he could be with the woman he loved.
AllenVonStein said:
Kajeki said:
so he could be with the woman he loved.

be with her where lol?

To be fair, Chrno did mention in the early episodes that he has no meaning of living without Rosette. Even if Chrno survives on his own then he would be alone and not be cared about.

I just don't see how Chrno acutally likes Rosette like seriously I see it more as a family/friendship since Aion bloody kissed her more than even Chrno did. Infact Chrno didn't even it iwas Rosette that made the 1st move or just wanted to heal him.

@Allenvonstein @Kajeki do you agree on what I have said since I would like an opinion/ discussion as I feel like I need to express this series deeply.
Apr 29, 2017 9:33 AM

Aug 2013
I like how somber this ending was, it wasn't just some generic ending where all the consequences where hand waved away with some lame reasoning and for that's its commendable. Another thing I liked about this last episode was how not everything was out right stated, like Remington never actually said he was an angel but it was super obvious that was being implied, same thing with Aion's apparent revival in Vatican city.
May 17, 2017 9:29 PM
Jul 2014
Man, this series really went out like a whimper. I don't mind if a series goes out with a somber, melancholic, tone as I've enjoyed it in a fair few other cases...but this felt so awkward with how everything kind of drifted to this point and just stalled. Then the epilogue with hobo Remington left me :/

I honestly predicted the series with them dying. Never expected a clean, happy ending either based on everything from episode 20 onward. But overall the series felt sloppy and disappointing...the mythos they crafted as a backdrop was more interesting than what happened in the series itself.
May 29, 2017 5:53 AM

Mar 2017
I don't like this kind of ending, it isn't even bittersweet, it's only tragic : many lives are lost, evil isn't stop. Howerver, it's still "valid" and I won't dislike this anime for that. It's just that... well... when the festival happened and everyone was 'happy", it has been only a GIANT drama flag for what followed. I've nearly dropped the anime when I understood that -_-

I believe that the author of Chrno Crusade is kinda anti-religious ^^ I understand the idea that God won't help humans, it's our lives after all and we have to cope with our errors by ourselfs, but here He is presented as the indirect architect of most of the evil things that happened in the 20th century... and only to make us adore Him. That's quiiiiite dark I think xD

And btw Aion must have some psychical powers : his honeywords were too simplistic and weak to overcome Rosette's will, even with the emotional shocks è_é

7/10 : interesting for its univers, but most of the anime was only preparation for the drama of the last episodes, and this is nasty !
L・Ψ・≅
Aug 4, 2017 12:18 AM

Oct 2012
I hate the ending with all my heart :(
Not because Chrno and Rosette died
But because they prevented nothing
Aion is still alive

Why.. did.. I.. even watch all that for this ending? :(

I guess once again.. Bad guys win
"Signature removed"
Aug 17, 2017 2:41 PM

Jun 2016
Holy, they did not cop out by making Rosette turn into an angel or anything huh... The whole main cast except for Az died. So, since Aion is a part of god's plan, he truly plays the role of creating fear and despair to challenge and scare people to have faith. If I got the story, that's a really bittersweet ending. It was not a good show, it really felt it fell apart in the last half, but that was one tragic ending... This show had some balls and I respect that, too many are afraid to upset it's audience with something permanently bad happening, especially at the ending.

I wouldn't recommend this show to anyone who's above the age of 15(I would of loved this at 15), but it's cast was alright and the early episodes were fun. Plot was convoluted and silly, with everything being for naught as well as being based around Aion doing something bad and guilting others for it, and the tone shifts and focus of the story shifted way too much for my taste as it went on. Seriously had to watch the last four episodes on 2x speed, I didn't care for anything anymore. It had some good ideas but overall the show ended up being more style less substance. 4/10

Side note, Remington is cute with longer hair, and I'm so shocked he didn't end up evil after trapping Rosette in that maze with the invisible possession demon thing. Maybe he was evil in the manga, and if not that's a really weird choice to make him do.

Dec 27, 2017 12:13 PM

Nov 2016
Damn I was really hoping that Rosette & Chrono would survive or even leave the door open for the possibility that they were dead or not. Definitely one of the saddest death's I've seen in recent times. The manga version was much more sad and tragic than how the anime portrayed. Might get around to reading it sometime in the near future. Overall I felt that the show was pretty solid and enjoyable. Although I can't help but wish that the Chrono/Aion fight had more to it.
Mar 28, 2018 8:39 PM

Jan 2018
Damn, I remembered that the ending was sad because of Chrono and Rosette dying, but I forgot it actually goes beyond that and shits all over their sacrifice by bringing Aion back because he's essentially the Antichrist, therefore his existence is necessary because God needs to challenge people's faith in him. That doesn't mean Aion has necessarily "won" in this story as people seem to have interpreted, his goal was to defy God's will, he even gathered the apostles for the sake of using the very power God bestowed them against the creator himself, but he was ultimately stopped by Chrono and Rosette and is now powerless to go against God's plan. Did Aion even actually get close to breaking free? All of his actions in the rest of the story and the way he was stopped may very well be intended by God as much as his role in the ending, considering Aion also did challenge people's faith with his speeches about how God is an asshole and may not be on the humans' side as they believe he is.

Basically the point of this finale is that good people get sacrificed in order to prevent disaster, but evil can never be truly ended, it will come back eventually and more sacrifices will be required when it inevitably happens, a message that's as awfully depressing as it is true.

Contrary to what most people would say, in my opinion the second half of Chrono Crusade completely trumps the first one, which is mostly episodic and character-driven until Aion appears. Chrono and Rosette get some development early, but it's the second half that shows how powerful the bond between them is and the religious themes and symbolism are also better used, although I have a few gripes with some unexplained shit like Aion being as powerful as he is, even though he's a demon without horns just like Chrono or Remington being an angel, which was a bit random and didn't get fleshed out much beyond that revelation and the fact that he remains on the Earth for some reason. The final battle was also very anti-climactic, especially since Aion was built up to be this super badass demon that always overwhelms the main characters, so I expected his fight against Chrono to be a lot more exciting than it eneded up being.

Regardless of those issues, watching Chrono Crusade again in 2018 made me appreciate this anime a lot more than I did when I originally watched it back in 2004 when a lot of stuff just flew over my head, I'll gladly bump my 7 rating to 8.
Jan 18, 2019 7:32 PM

Feb 2018
Saddest ending ever.
Feb 13, 2019 7:45 PM

Aug 2018
The finale wasn’t as dark as I expected. I think the manga epilogue is sorely missing though. Still this is one of the all time great series. 10/10
Aug 30, 2019 4:46 AM

Jan 2016
Holy crap the end is depressing compared to manga.
Sep 20, 2019 4:34 PM

Aug 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
Holy, they did not cop out by making Rosette turn into an angel or anything huh... The whole main cast except for Az died. So, since Aion is a part of god's plan, he truly plays the role of creating fear and despair to challenge and scare people to have faith. If I got the story, that's a really bittersweet ending. It was not a good show, it really felt it fell apart in the last half, but that was one tragic ending... This show had some balls and I respect that, too many are afraid to upset it's audience with something permanently bad happening, especially at the ending.

I wouldn't recommend this show to anyone who's above the age of 15(I would of loved this at 15), but it's cast was alright and the early episodes were fun. Plot was convoluted and silly, with everything being for naught as well as being based around Aion doing something bad and guilting others for it, and the tone shifts and focus of the story shifted way too much for my taste as it went on. Seriously had to watch the last four episodes on 2x speed, I didn't care for anything anymore. It had some good ideas but overall the show ended up being more style less substance. 4/10

Side note, Remington is cute with longer hair, and I'm so shocked he didn't end up evil after trapping Rosette in that maze with the invisible possession demon thing. Maybe he was evil in the manga, and if not that's a really weird choice to make him do.

As someone who has Chrono Crusade as one of their favorite anime and manga and rewatched the series recently, I disagree with a lot of what you said in both this and previous threads. I'm not about to flame you or anything like that, though, I genuinely enjoyed reading those posts and I find it interesting to see different points of view on my favorite shows. Maybe the people who are more critical of them noticed some bad stuff that flew under my radar, maybe people can dislike aspects of the series I liked for reasons entirely different to the ones I have to like those exact aspects and whatnot, so it tends to be interesting to me.

I definitely agree that the tone shifts could have been handled better, the way this series randomly puts comedy scenes in the middle of otherwise serious segments is almost as bad as Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood's use of comedy, and the comedy itself (usually some joke about breasts with Elder) isn't even funny in the first place, the one scene that actually got a chuckle out of me was the one with Chrono and Rosette dancing at the festival. Actually, most of the lighthearted banter and interactions between the main characters where they play off of each other are pretty fun, but yeah, the comedy in this series is pretty hit and miss, it often hits when it's about the main characters' interactions and always misses when it's about anything else it attempts to draw comedy from. I also agree that the events leading up to the final episode were somewhat rushed, especially the final battle between Chrono and Aion, it was anti-climactic as hell for how much the series was hyping up the strength of these two characters. It would probably accomodate that stuff better if it was a 26 episode show instead of 24, but I think it managed to pull it off well enough and deliver a solid final arc anyway, it also helps that the final episode makes up for that by being just about as perfect a conclusion as this series could possibly have, it's probably one of my all-time favorite final episodes in anime.

That means I can't really agree that the ending's message is that the whole story was all for naught, I've seen other people saying that as well and I always felt that they were missing the point of this ending and even the themes of the series in general. Chrono Crusade being set in an alternate past that loosely ties to our present means that a completely happy ending with the world being saved from evil just isn't possible, our world even now, more than a decade after the series originally aired, is far from a happy place, there's still a lot of bad things happening to many people and places everywhere and it's likely to stay that way for decades to come. There are people who work hard to make the world a better place, much like Chrono, Rosette and the other main characters, they aren't really capable of fixing the world, but they can prevent it from completely falling into chaos for as long as they live, and after they die, it's up to another group of heroes to continue the work as evil still goes on and won't be getting out anytime soon. Had Chrono and Rosette not stopped Aion, the world would be thrown into an irreversible chaos as it would be merged with Pandemonium and the Heavens, causing an apocalypse to happen. So it's thanks to Chrono and Rosette's efforts that the world still has a chance to triumph in what might as well be an eternal conflict against evil, that is their legacy, not the fact that they succeeded at killing Aion or not, it was never about that.

As for Aion doing bad things and blaming others for it: Yes, that's precisely the point, Aion's a manipulative prick and he's taking advantage of the fact that God does not seem intent on interfering with what happens on Earth to put the blame on him, and it sort of makes sense when you think about it. If God can stop Aion from doing all the horrible shit he does, then why doesn't he do that? Is he truly that uncaring of his own creations? Is God even aware of what's happening there? The answer the series has for those questions is more like a "maybe" than anything else, if we take a look at how certain scenes play out (Azmaria suddenly getting a power boost right when Aion's shadow was about to abduct her, Rosette getting the final stigma and breaking free of Aion's control right after he turned everyone into her followers under the pretense of her being a holy figure) it is actually possible that God was always there and he would act when it was the most convenient for him to do so. It's not necessarily an evil portrayal of God, nor is it a "religion bad" message that's common in japanese works, instead it's more about God being a mysterious figure that no one can really understand what it is or what it wants. God does a lot of good for humanity, sometimes the gifts he gives them can be corrupted (the Apostles' power falling into the wrong hands and being used for evil, as an example) but he wants humanity's faith in return, and that's why the demons exist, to test people's faith and keep them in check.

Anyway, this is basically why I love Chrono Crusade. The series certainly has its faults, but the way it approaches subjects such as religion and the conflict of good vs evil, showing that these things are not black and white, that there's a lot of complexity to them that even we don't fully understand, as well as the development the main cast goes through, more than makes up for the random tone shifts in some episodes and the rushed aspects of the final arc. If this helps you with appreciating the series more than you did when you first watched it, then I'd already be satisfied.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Sep 20, 2019 4:42 PM

Jun 2016
@Ryu1908 Hello!!!

I love that you love this series, and this post was great. I always felt like I didn't understand the series very well but back when I made these posts I was trying to write out all of my thoughts on it to get better at articulating myself. Even back then I felt a bit of guilt though, especially when I read the manga. I must have totally said some stupid things. Either way, since I haven't refreshed on the series for a long time I don't remember it that well but regardless if I try it again I'll watch it with this in mind. Your paragraph on Aion and the role of God particularly made me very interested.

Thank you for taking the time to write everything out!
Sep 21, 2019 5:10 AM

Aug 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
@Ryu1908 Hello!!!

I love that you love this series, and this post was great. I always felt like I didn't understand the series very well but back when I made these posts I was trying to write out all of my thoughts on it to get better at articulating myself. Even back then I felt a bit of guilt though, especially when I read the manga. I must have totally said some stupid things. Either way, since I haven't refreshed on the series for a long time I don't remember it that well but regardless if I try it again I'll watch it with this in mind. Your paragraph on Aion and the role of God particularly made me very interested.

Thank you for taking the time to write everything out!

That's nice, I hope your view on the series gets more positive when you try it again in the future, thanks for taking the time to read that post as well.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Apr 20, 2020 12:59 PM
Dec 2018
Very underrated show. Went from comic to tragic over the 24 episodes.

Left a lot of unanswered questions, which was the point, a lot of questions are unanswered.

I thought the ending was sad but it was kind of happy for the two of them. They got to spend their last days together and without any corny romance scenes the feelings they had for each other were clear and neither of them ever doubted it.

They did all that they could to stop the world descending into chaos. That will only be a temporary fix as it is an everlasting fight. But they did their part and were heroes in the end. They earned their low key and quiet time together at the end.
Jun 18, 2021 4:30 PM

Jun 2019
My 138th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Jul 15, 2021 7:16 PM

Nov 2010
What was that ending? It didn't really make much sense. What was the connection between that ending and the adventures of Chrono and Rosette?

Wow, Azmaria grew up well. hehe

Anyway, for the plot I'd give it a 6, but since the anime has balls to kill off its main chars I'd give it a 7 over all, plus I like bad endings. It's not cliché I guess.
Nov 15, 2021 10:29 PM
Aug 2021
Yuu Kou / 紅優
Daisuke Moriyama / 森山大輔
Atsuhiro Tomioka / 冨岡淳広
Kiyoko Yoshimura / 吉村清子
Natsuko Takahashi / 高橋ナツコ
Dec 15, 2021 10:00 AM
Aug 2021
Mar 27, 2022 3:51 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Such a great ending :'(

One of the better shows I've watched wven though the initial portion was sluggish as hell.

7/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 13, 2022 11:15 AM

Oct 2021
Damnn that was so depressive, one of the most sad endings I've watched in anime, but I really love it! And they died together like they "wanted". Pretty sad how Joshua ended up aswell, I guess after all the trauma he went it's understandable.

That gunshot sound at the very end, did Aion put and end to Remington's suffering?

Overall a very good show, but you've gotta be prepared to be sad lol
Apr 18, 2022 9:20 AM
Dec 2021
fantastic!!! I really liked aion and chrono's other form. really hot!
May 16, 2022 11:41 AM
Aug 2021
Yuu Kou / 紅優
Daisuke Moriyama / 森山大輔
Atsuhiro Tomioka / 冨岡淳広
Kiyoko Yoshimura / 吉村清子
Jun 3, 2022 4:53 PM
Jan 2022
First of all rosette and Chrono love story wasn't done well i mean all this time they didn't have any romantic feelings for each other they weren't even hints of it and the suddenly at the they just jumped into it, it was forced and rushed secondly rosette behavior changed too much at the ending she was the one saying that she didn't care about her life as far as she could do something about the present thirdly the long awaited siblings reunion(i mean a true reunion where he finally remembers her and they live like family) fourth there wasn't any freaking kiss scene between the protagonist and i don't even know if they actually kissed in episode 18 or not i mean they made aion and rosette kiss like three or two times and they were both clear,i think this was messed up but i still kinda liked it so 6/10
Jun 24, 2022 8:13 AM
Dec 2013
Holy shit! Both Chrono and Rosette died too? That's 3 out of the 4 main characters killed off. Azmaria being the only one of the mains to not die. R.I.P. Chrono and Rosette. It's rare for me to see a sad/tragic ending in anime, so it's nice to encounter these types of endings instead of the usual happy endings I see all the time.
wildhoodJun 24, 2022 3:33 PM
Sep 20, 2022 7:22 AM
Aug 2021
Atsuhiro Tomioka / 冨岡淳広
Kiyoko Yoshimura / 吉村清子
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2012

9 by 3miL »»
Dec 24, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Dec 20, 2013

13 by Dragosama »»
Jul 4, 2023 7:53 PM

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Episode 14 Discussion

stAtic91 - Aug 25, 2009

19 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 26, 2023 5:49 PM

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Episode 22 Discussion

TravSavage - Oct 16, 2013

13 by FMmatron »»
Jan 15, 2023 11:33 AM

Poll: » Chrno Crusade Episode 12 Discussion

Monasou - Jul 11, 2009

13 by FMmatron »»
Jan 15, 2023 5:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.