Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 6, 2008 9:44 AM
Jan 2008
Hello!

Does anyone know who's going to sub this?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 6, 2008 10:27 AM

May 2007
These guys were interested in subbing this anime, but whether or not they found the translator that they needed, is another question in itself.

But I'd just be patient and wait a few days. I'm sure some group will pop up and release it.
Apr 6, 2008 5:49 PM

Oct 2007
http://www.conclave-fansubs.com/

Conclave said they're gonna do it with AnimeOne. I can't wait.

Apr 6, 2008 6:15 PM

May 2007
Monkey_D_Luffy said:
http://www.conclave-fansubs.com/

Conclave said they're gonna do it with AnimeOne. I can't wait.

Nice. Both are reputable.
Apr 11, 2008 1:51 AM

May 2007
cant wait for the subs
“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.”
Apr 12, 2008 8:18 AM

Nov 2007
the wait is killing me :(
Apr 12, 2008 10:48 AM

Aug 2007
yea it's almost been a week already jeez =/
Apr 12, 2008 2:58 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
KakashiGaiden said:

Lol, do it yourself, watch the raw or shut up. People have lives, if you think you can do it better then do it and stop complaining about other people who are wasting their free time for you being 'late'. Damn. No offense but... think about it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 12, 2008 2:59 PM

Sep 2007
Plus, I'd rather wait for quality subs than have crap subs come out the day after it airs.
Apr 12, 2008 7:12 PM

Aug 2007
cyruz said:
KakashiGaiden said:

Lol, do it yourself, watch the raw or shut up. People have lives, if you think you can do it better then do it and stop complaining about other people who are wasting their free time for you being 'late'. Damn. No offense but... think about it.

Ouch. That stung. Sorry about my impatience. I've been really excited over this one, and I figured this would be one of the few new spring anime that sub groups would all quickly jump on. I guess I'm feeling a little disappointed about that too. My bad. I just reaaallly want to see this, lol.
Apr 13, 2008 4:11 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
KakashiGaiden said:
cyruz said:
KakashiGaiden said:

Ouch. That stung. Sorry about my impatience. I've been really excited over this one, and I figured this would be one of the few new spring anime that sub groups would all quickly jump on. I guess I'm feeling a little disappointed about that too. My bad. I just reaaallly want to see this, lol.

Sorry, but I read that so often that it gets annoying. If you're a real fan, just wait for the subs to come out. What I said is true after all, I just wanted to be straight.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 13, 2008 9:42 AM

May 2007
Subs out by Rumi. Can be found on tokyotosho. Can't say anything about the quality of the subs yet.
Apr 13, 2008 10:34 AM

Oct 2007
inugami said:
Subs out by Rumi. Can be found on tokyotosho. Can't say anything about the quality of the subs yet.

Alleluia. Thanks for the news.
Now I just have to wait till I'm home to download it T_T

Apr 13, 2008 10:42 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Anyone who's watched them, please share your impressions.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 13, 2008 2:32 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
Anyone who's watched them, please share your impressions.

I noticed three small errors in the actual episode, and two in the ED.

Other than that seemed fine. They were just small grammatical errors that are easy to make I guess.

Apr 13, 2008 2:53 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Okay thanks, I'm sure one of the known subgroups will pick it up so I'll wait for now.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 20, 2008 1:33 AM
Aug 2007
Rumi has dropped the series due to Cease and Desist from Funimation >:(
Aug 20, 2008 4:16 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Damn, guess AnimeOne and Conclave are gonna do the same then. This sucks. I don't like you, Funimation.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 20, 2008 7:24 AM

Feb 2008
Damn! I just saw it as well. And 6 episodes from the end nonetheless!!

Will someone let me know if a place to watch episodes 20+ exists/appears?

This is really frustrating!
Aug 20, 2008 1:10 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
Damn, guess AnimeOne and Conclave are gonna do the same then. This sucks. I don't like you, Funimation.

Only if they get a C&D too ;)

Also, apparently the guy who sent out the C&D wasn't actually a part of funimation and isn't meant to act on behalf of them... is that correct? Because if so then the C&D isn't valid as far as I know.
Aug 20, 2008 2:27 PM

Dec 2007
Hikari-tan said:
Also, apparently the guy who sent out the C&D wasn't actually a part of funimation and isn't meant to act on behalf of them... is that correct? Because if so then the C&D isn't valid as far as I know.

Lance Heiskell is apart of funimation and is meant to be sending out the C&D's. He mentioned it at the Fansubber and Industry panel at Otakon.
Aug 20, 2008 8:53 PM
Aug 21, 2008 1:35 AM
Aug 2007
Hikari-tan said:
cyruz said:

Only if they get a C&D too ;)

I'm stuck on 13 since I'm following aone and conclave....hopefully they don't get c&d too...considering there inactivity they may not necessarily get c&d...I hope. INACTIVITY FTW!
Aug 22, 2008 10:35 AM

Mar 2008
yea hopefully that group stays under the radar. i'll be really annoyed if i have to put it on hold/drop it with like 6 episodes from the end. i'll go on an anti-funimation RAMPAGE. :)
Aug 22, 2008 2:44 PM

May 2008
Nice... the next show that I like get licensed and dropped by subbers (1st Reborn, now Nabari). If this will happen to other titles that I like I guess I'll stop watching anime and read only manga.
Aug 23, 2008 6:11 AM
Jul 2008
If you want to see episode 20 the script has been translated here so you can read along with the raw. http://community.livejournal.com/nabari_no_ou/204935.html#cutid1
Aug 23, 2008 8:38 AM

Oct 2007
helicops said:
If you want to see episode 20 the script has been translated here so you can read along with the raw. http://community.livejournal.com/nabari_no_ou/204935.html#cutid1

I love you.
Aug 23, 2008 8:53 AM

Jul 2007
This is so depressing T__T
I don't get why they hunt down the fans instead of thinking of something creative like releasing official subbed episodes online... I would pay for such service.

Thanks for the script helicops... I'll read it after watching the raw.
Aug 23, 2008 9:00 AM

Oct 2007
myth720 said:
This is so depressing T__T
I don't get why they hunt down the fans instead of thinking of something creative like releasing official subbed episodes online... I would pay for such service.

:D! That's a great idea! I wish they'd do that rather than make people get angry with them >.>;
Aug 23, 2008 11:11 AM

Mar 2008
helicops said:

awesome thanks! :)
Aug 23, 2008 5:28 PM
Apr 2008
Is it illegal to make just subfiles? If not, then I don't see why the fansubbers couldn't make just a file with subs that you could open with a raw.
Aug 24, 2008 2:24 AM

Dec 2007
Pwnography said:
Is it illegal to make just subfiles? If not, then I don't see why the fansubbers couldn't make just a file with subs that you could open with a raw.

That's a good idea, but Rumi, atleast, have said that they will not do it just to be safe :[ but if someone else did... *hinthint* 8D

Aug 25, 2008 3:06 AM

Aug 2007
Actually, that's a very good point about just making SSA/ASS files available. I mean, those are just text files, so technically even if they are meant to be subtitles for licensed raws, I don't think the companies could do anything about that, because you're not distributing their content at all in any way, shape or form. The subtitle file itself, even including the translations, karaoke, and everything directly related to the anime it's meant to be used for, aren't property of the companies that own the rights to the anime. The translations are made by the fans and are completely unofficial, hence their own work, it can only be plagiarism if done word for word, and obviously since said translations are not "released" by the companies in question, because they're done by the fansubbers' interpretations, they are not copyrighted property. Same goes for the karaoke translations and the rest.

I think if fansub groups simply released SSA/ASS files that people could mux on their own with whatever raws they wanted to (and open up Aegisub for a second to simply shift the timings forward/backwards) then they would be truly within the bounds of the laws of pretty much every country out there, and no one could do anything about it.

I can create a subtitle file for a show in another language, and release it by itself, and no one can tell me that that content (in the subtitle file alone) does not belong to me. It IS my property, because the interpretation of each and every line was done by myself, and does not exist anywhere else in an exact match, word for word. So it's not plagiarism, and it's not copyrighted work.

I don't know why all fansubbers don't just do this. Muxing a subtitle file into an MKV is all too simple, even burning in subs to an AVI is child's play. If fansub groups just released the SSA/ASS files, the responsibility would be taken away from them and passed onto the fans to use at their own risk (downloading the raws), then they would not get any C&D's.

Giving a C&D to a group who only releases subtitle files is like giving a C&D to people who write fanfiction. No companies would ever do that. That's basically like saying "Please do not discuss our products".
brass2themaxAug 25, 2008 3:16 AM
Aug 25, 2008 4:38 AM

Jul 2007
Don't forget distributing the raws is illegal as well, and ppl have been arrested in Japan for doing that... so trust american lawyers to hunt you down for a text file >_>
Aug 25, 2008 4:55 AM

Oct 2007
myth720 said:
Don't forget distributing the raws is illegal as well, and ppl have been arrested in Japan for doing that... so trust american lawyers to hunt you down for a text file >_>

But surely they wouldn't go that far? D: they have better things to do, like stopping people from distributing licensed (ie, dubbed) series as opposed to someone's text file...
America is shocking, to say the least, if they did do that...
Aug 26, 2008 2:50 AM

Feb 2008
helicops said:

Thank you so much!! I was just about ready to watch the raws even though I only understand like 1% of what they're saying. =P I love you right now!! ♥
Aug 26, 2008 2:48 PM

Jun 2007
brass2themax said:
Actually, that's a very good point about just making SSA/ASS files available. I mean, those are just text files, so technically even if they are meant to be subtitles for licensed raws, I don't think the companies could do anything about that, because you're not distributing their content at all in any way, shape or form. The subtitle file itself, even including the translations, karaoke, and everything directly related to the anime it's meant to be used for, aren't property of the companies that own the rights to the anime. The translations are made by the fans and are completely unofficial, hence their own work, it can only be plagiarism if done word for word, and obviously since said translations are not "released" by the companies in question, because they're done by the fansubbers' interpretations, they are not copyrighted property. Same goes for the karaoke translations and the rest.

I think if fansub groups simply released SSA/ASS files that people could mux on their own with whatever raws they wanted to (and open up Aegisub for a second to simply shift the timings forward/backwards) then they would be truly within the bounds of the laws of pretty much every country out there, and no one could do anything about it.

I can create a subtitle file for a show in another language, and release it by itself, and no one can tell me that that content (in the subtitle file alone) does not belong to me. It IS my property, because the interpretation of each and every line was done by myself, and does not exist anywhere else in an exact match, word for word. So it's not plagiarism, and it's not copyrighted work.

I don't know why all fansubbers don't just do this. Muxing a subtitle file into an MKV is all too simple, even burning in subs to an AVI is child's play. If fansub groups just released the SSA/ASS files, the responsibility would be taken away from them and passed onto the fans to use at their own risk (downloading the raws), then they would not get any C&D's.

Giving a C&D to a group who only releases subtitle files is like giving a C&D to people who write fanfiction. No companies would ever do that. That's basically like saying "Please do not discuss our products".

I like that idea but at the same time I dont know how well the anime fans would take to it lol.

For one the timing would need to be done for the file(s). You cant rely on the fans to figure out how to do it, most are under 13 anyway.

Second, you would need to have instructions on how to combine or include the translation files to the raw. Most people have no idea how to do that and not everyone uses Media Player Classic or VLC.

I think if those two things where dealt with, the idea would work out great. The only down side after that would be finding the high quality raws without having to download 2 or 3 files that may or may not be high quality. Some raws say HD or 900-1080p but turn out to be shitty quality or have scrolling announcement shit.

Just my 2 cents.
Aug 26, 2008 3:03 PM

Jul 2007
Hardsubbing allows 'better' subs to be made too (that won't lag your computer). And fansubbers fear that their hard work will be stolen. They sub in hopes of recognition a lot of the time, after all. Don't forget different size raws can also interfere with some SSA/ASS tags, meaning they will be limited. Also, since it is a translation it would be something like paraphrasing. Certainly legal action could be taken against that? And, at the very least, give fansubbers a disadvantage in the courts.

Also, you have to remember that the Japanese studio's are completely within their rights, what you're doing by watching fansubs is completely wrong by the world's standards, and so long as you want to be able to sell your 'intellectual property' you are agreeing with this standard. (Depending on how you define this, it would mean that you wouldn't have to be paid for any Job that does not involve manual labour).

In either case, I'll drop this show. It kind of sucked anyways.
Aug 27, 2008 8:02 PM

Jun 2007
asandari said:
Hardsubbing allows 'better' subs to be made too (that won't lag your computer). And fansubbers fear that their hard work will be stolen. They sub in hopes of recognition a lot of the time, after all. Don't forget different size raws can also interfere with some SSA/ASS tags, meaning they will be limited. Also, since it is a translation it would be something like paraphrasing. Certainly legal action could be taken against that? And, at the very least, give fansubbers a disadvantage in the courts.

Also, you have to remember that the Japanese studio's are completely within their rights, what you're doing by watching fansubs is completely wrong by the world's standards, and so long as you want to be able to sell your 'intellectual property' you are agreeing with this standard. (Depending on how you define this, it would mean that you wouldn't have to be paid for any Job that does not involve manual labour).

In either case, I'll drop this show. It kind of sucked anyways.

Actually, no matter how big the raw is, as long as it has the same playtime, the translation files should have no problems displaying at the correct times.

Also translating text is not illegal. If that was the case then Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, and hundreds of other company's would be getting sued right now for allowing translation of sites and program text.
Aug 28, 2008 11:18 AM

Mar 2008
is there a text translation out for episode 21 yet?? does anyone know?
Aug 28, 2008 1:15 PM

Jun 2008
mawata said:
is there a text translation out for episode 21 yet?? does anyone know?

Nope, not yet
But since it's just text and not subbing, it might be faster...unless no one decides to translate, or something happens >.>
Aug 28, 2008 4:43 PM

Mar 2008
yea hopefully someone translates it soon. :)
Aug 31, 2008 2:55 PM

Mar 2008
hey sorry for the double post, but i have wonderful news!! :D

http://www.gotwoot.net/

check out the second post. the only drawback is that we need to wait for them to catch up to the series. but that shouldnt be 2 much of a problem. :)
Sep 1, 2008 10:21 AM
Sep 2007
Thanks Mawata! I have been looking everywhere for a group still subbing this =D *grins*
Sep 1, 2008 4:57 PM

Jun 2008
Yay! ^_^
But they have to catch up...oh well
Sep 1, 2008 9:14 PM

Jul 2008
Yes! I've been looking for somewhere that was still subbing it! I can definitely wait for them to catch up if it means I don't have to struggle through watching it subbed in Spanish for the last few episodes.
Sep 5, 2008 2:24 AM

Aug 2007
The big problem is that all the good fansub groups have websites that provide contact information or their e-mail addresses, or some way of posting comments/forum posts. If they eliminated all forms of contact and just posted torrents of their releases on random torrent sites or index sites (which would spread out the torrents, of course, over time on their own), then there would be no way for companies to send C&D's to them.

No way of contact to the subbers = no way/place to send C&D's to. Wow, that simple?

In a way fansubbers are asking to be sent C&D letters by having a website or other strong contact point. Go figure.
Sep 5, 2008 3:23 AM

Jun 2007
brass2themax said:
The big problem is that all the good fansub groups have websites that provide contact information or their e-mail addresses, or some way of posting comments/forum posts. If they eliminated all forms of contact and just posted torrents of their releases on random torrent sites or index sites (which would spread out the torrents, of course, over time on their own), then there would be no way for companies to send C&D's to them.

No way of contact to the subbers = no way/place to send C&D's to. Wow, that simple?

In a way fansubbers are asking to be sent C&D letters by having a website or other strong contact point. Go figure.

Good point, but then they would just go after the trackers like they've done in the past. They would either have the tracker remove the torrents or they would attempt to shut the tracker down.
Sep 8, 2008 12:02 PM
May 2008
Throw the torrents up on The Pirate Bay they can handle it.
Sep 8, 2008 7:20 PM

May 2008
ep 20 is up subbed on tokyotosho didnt recognize the tag tho its [imuR88]. dling now so I'll let you know the quality later

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 20 Discussion

aly_angelflight - Sep 9, 2008

16 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 16, 9:46 AM

» Help: Nabari no Ou filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

1 by Yuliyshii »»
Feb 9, 3:53 AM

» Does it get better?

rozwielidka - Mar 15, 2023

10 by Daiyamondo »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 25 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

18 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 9:50 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 23 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

19 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.