Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 18, 2016 3:13 AM

Nov 2014
One of the official posa twitters said they cut parts of the story to fit the schedule they're given. 12 episodes isn't enough to tell a story like this. I personally wanted to see Shizuma try to calm Reiji after losing lol. and i don't think they met at an actual stride event when they were kids. they were just there because their parents were all involved with stride and they just went along...

i mean it still kinda fits. who cares if they made that promise a long time ago, they were destined to be in stride anyways.
Mar 18, 2016 4:39 PM

Sep 2014
So they happened to know each other when they were younger, yeah right. The episode itself was decent but that was just poor.
Mar 19, 2016 11:08 AM

Apr 2014
everything about this was amazing but that ending was such a lazy scene, madhouse coulda atleast animated the idol part instead of using stills
Mar 19, 2016 11:36 AM

Dec 2009
That was a great episode.

I need the name of that insert song that was played in the last few episodes.
Mar 19, 2016 6:34 PM

Nov 2014
Hell yeah so much hype
Hi there
Mar 20, 2016 5:38 AM
Sep 2014
Lyrisia said:
desertkona said:

The anime maybe cut it

Maybe but then it makes no sense... what kind of tournament is that?
Start tournament -> no matches against other schools -> oh semi-finals already yay
Not showing them is okay but at least mention it... and how come they even had time to practice like that right in the middle of the tournament? Should have matches! oh well

didn't they do pre-elimination tournament on the previous episodes?. When the glasses shogi guy got injured and got replaced by long hair guy
Mar 20, 2016 9:20 AM
Jul 2012
azwarrizal said:
didn't they do pre-elimination tournament on the previous episodes?. When the glasses shogi guy got injured and got replaced by long hair guy
^^This^^

They covered the tournament leading up to this semi final match via dialogue in episode 8 or 9.

ktzn said:
... i don't think they met at an actual stride event when they were kids. they were just there because their parents were all involved with stride and they just went along...
Again, ^^this^^
In the actual words the characters say at the end of the episode:
Sakurai "The first EOS pre-party...We met seven years ago."
Fujiwara "Yes. It was the first Stride ever, for me."
They were not competing, just a couple of kids playing around when they first met, as kids do.

Think about it, from 20 to 27, appearance does not change much because the body is not really growing too much anymore. Let us assume these freshman are now 14, from 7yr to 14yrs old, the human body changes quite a bit. It was not 12 to 14, it was literally half their lifespan! Assuming those ages are their ages...
Mar 20, 2016 10:01 AM

Jan 2012
azwarrizal said:
Lyrisia said:

Maybe but then it makes no sense... what kind of tournament is that?
Start tournament -> no matches against other schools -> oh semi-finals already yay
Not showing them is okay but at least mention it... and how come they even had time to practice like that right in the middle of the tournament? Should have matches! oh well

But then that would only be the prelims... don't tell me the tournament starts at the semi-finals? oh well probably just me being confused I guess
Mar 21, 2016 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
cringe fest. Lol the Kuga and kohinta tagging.

how did they not break their legs da f. so they raced together as kids? but didn't continue... o.o...
removed-userMar 21, 2016 7:58 PM
Mar 22, 2016 2:43 PM

May 2010
Oh great, childhood friends-get-amnesia blahblahblah. Why does Japan love this trope so much, anyway. The race was at its peak when Heath jumped from the upper track to the ground, dat was really cool. Rest was okay, I was mostly annoyed by the transition scenes. At least, they changed the line-up to how it shouldbe: Riku and Takeru next to each other, their efforts finally paid, lol.

Asuma x Riku, best bromance.
Mar 23, 2016 12:15 PM

Jan 2014
The race was really awesome to watch. I'm glad the line-up changed so that Riku and Takeru are together. I know a lot of people are "eh" about the 'forgotten friendship' twist and I was all, "How did they not remember?" at first too but they only all met once so after 7 years, I guess it's understandable. I've made friends as a kid, even made promises together, but I can't remember their names or faces anymore.
Mar 24, 2016 9:30 PM

Oct 2008
Honan finally got their satisfying deserving revenge against Saisei...and now they must also go for the sweet revenge also for Kakyouin because of all those taunts Kakyouin made their prev stride match...
4/5.

Mar 25, 2016 8:39 AM

Dec 2012
They were childhood friends? O_o
I swear the fujoshis are eating this all up xD
Mar 26, 2016 7:38 AM

Dec 2012
Really entertaining. How it's possible that they didn't recognize them after have spend so many time together.
The osts and the action are still very good.
Mar 26, 2016 3:51 PM

Feb 2013
Good race. Keeping it close kept up the intensity. I expect the final to be much the same.
Mar 27, 2016 12:33 PM

Apr 2015
finally honan won. I was tired to see them lose all the time to saisei. Let's see what will happen in the final. \o/
Mar 27, 2016 4:38 PM

Nov 2015
Takeru, Riku and Sakurai knew each other before well that's new

Mar 28, 2016 3:42 PM

Jun 2015
I loved this episode, except maybe for the closing scene. I kinda understand "why", but I still don't like it.
Apr 2, 2016 3:36 AM

Dec 2012
What a match! I really like how the incorporated the flashback into the race. Since Stride is about connecting feelings, I can't help but believe that Takeru was able to relay those childhood memories to Nana and Riku through his raw desire to fulfill their dream.
Apr 30, 2016 11:23 AM

Jan 2015
They knew each other from before but only Takeru seemed to remember!!!
Jun 17, 2016 11:12 AM

Feb 2015
EfiChan said:
It was obvious Riku and Takeru met before from Takeru's memories (even if just flashbacks). Nana was a surprise though. At the beginning I thought Riku lost his memory for some reason... but they came up with just horrible excuse... I mean, really? It's at their names changes or anything. Takeru didn't even take his glasses off (not all the time anyway). But still, nice episode.

they hadn't seen each other in ten years.....

DazzlingAnime1 said:
Am I the only one who thinks the whole plot point about how Nana, Riku, and Takeru knew each other before 7 years ago seems to be really contrived? I mean, it's interesting, but it just feels forced in the show just to make it seem that these 3 have an everlasting bond.

didn't feel that way at all.

yaoi_senpai said:

haikyuu is boring af,

kill yourself. right now.

Madara22 said:
They knew each other from before but only Takeru seemed to remember!!!

if you have played FF7 the same thing happened with cloud and tifa. therefore it makes sense to me that people forget. FF7 showed me that "childhood friends" doesn't automatically mean "friends for life to this day" so it was alright they forgot.
---------
ooh, another nice episode! interesting that they all knew each other from before. i thought riku and sakura were being cruel for recognising him but didn't say anything, and takeru said nothing about it, but that's all changed lol. riku and sakura came by coincidence but takeru came by intention. just proves he's the teddy bear of the bunch.
really nice running tricks btw. another 5. i've been voting average ever since like ep 3-8. maybe even more.

i was only here for the action and had low expectations for the plot, but the story is pretty nice.
Mar 6, 2017 7:07 PM

Jan 2014
A predictable win, but it was still enjoyable to watch.

They knew each other from before.. but they didn't recognize Takeru.. O_o
May 6, 2020 7:41 AM
Sep 2019
nice epi, it was amazing but the end.. didn't like it :
how can someone forget his friend, even if his look changed, his name stills the same so how can the two of Riku and sakurai forget their childhood friend Takeru ? i just find this weird but the rest of this episode was awesome.
Oct 20, 2020 12:45 AM

Jun 2020
that was a great match! pretty entertaining to say the least.

i know they did allude to them knowing one another when they were kids but.....that bit felt a little rushed & thrown-in lol

i have a feeling the last episode will be rushed.... granted it's only 12 episodes. on hindsight felt like they could have done away with certain filler scenes

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 10, 2021 8:57 AM
Mar 2018
That was a good episode.
Feb 10, 8:09 PM

Oct 2022
I love Saisei team's sportsmanship and their friendly rivalry with Honan! one of the best really
UndefeatedBahamut
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2016

157 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 14, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2016

53 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 8, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2016

56 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 6, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2016

72 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 27, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2016

62 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 24, 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.