Forums

Thirteenth 'One Piece' Movie Announced for Summer 2016

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 29, 2015 12:31 AM

Apr 2011
ichii_1 said:
Oda will be involved with the movie :)

Oda has always been involved with the OP movies. For one, Toei cannot go forward with any Devil Fruits without his permission. Second, he does the chara-designs for all the movies, from what I've heard.
Aug 29, 2015 8:43 AM

Sep 2013
yhunata said:
[
Oda has always been involved with the OP movies. For one, Toei cannot go forward with any Devil Fruits without his permission. Second, he does the chara-designs for all the movies, from what I've heard.

He's more involved with this one, just like strong world and Z, the other movies are nowhere near those 2.
Aug 29, 2015 10:45 AM

Mar 2014
ichii_1 said:
yhunata said:
[

He's more involved with this one, just like strong world and Z, the other movies are nowhere near those 2.
He wasn't directly involved with SW & Z, though. He's association with those two movies is simply the creation of the antagonists; the backstory of Shiki (Chapter 0, which he illustrated himself and is the only thing canon regarding SW) and the backstory of Zephyr (Volume 1000, which he wrote himself and is the only thing canon regarding Film Z).

So since he's being involved, he may either do what he did for those two and write up the villain, or do what a couple other Shonen mangaka have done/are doing, and that is work on the movie himself.
Aug 29, 2015 3:20 PM

Oct 2013
ziggy_Z said:
ichii_1 said:

He wasn't directly involved with SW & Z, though. He's association with those two movies is simply the creation of the antagonists; the backstory of Shiki (Chapter 0, which he illustrated himself and is the only thing canon regarding SW) and the backstory of Zephyr (Volume 1000, which he wrote himself and is the only thing canon regarding Film Z).

So since he's being involved, he may either do what he did for those two and write up the villain, or do what a couple other Shonen mangaka have done/are doing, and that is work on the movie himself.

You're wrong!
Oda was the writer and producer of Strong World Movie and Executive Producer of Film Z.

So yes, he was directly involved with Strong World and Film Z.
Aug 29, 2015 3:40 PM

Nov 2014
Grusomhed said:
F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!

Aug 30, 2015 3:10 AM

Dec 2014
Finally! Can't freaking wait! Too bad we will get it way after June. But oh well! Lol. Really excited to see which one wins. AoT S2 is coming and One Piece is getting a movie. Sales for both Manga will probably (probably) go up! Can't wait! And Hopefully Oda does work on.
Thinking.....
Aug 30, 2015 4:18 AM

Mar 2014
bigivelfhq said:
ziggy_Z said:

You're wrong!
Oda was the writer and producer of Strong World Movie and Executive Producer of Film Z.

Lol, no.
Aug 30, 2015 4:37 AM
Sep 2014
ziggy_Z said:
ichii_1 said:

Oda personally supervised the production of Strong World, created the film's original story and over 120 pages of rough drawings. Furthermore, he placed his own name on the film's credits to indicate his desire for a film that is different from its nine predecessors.

So, can I ask how he wasn't directly involved with Strong World again?
Aug 30, 2015 11:32 AM

Apr 2014
ziggy_Z said:
bigivelfhq said:

You're wrong!

Lol, no.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=14258
Film Z.
Executive producer: Eiichiro Oda
Original creator: Eiichiro Oda

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10855
Strong World.
Costume Design: Eiichiro Oda
Creature Design: Eiichiro Oda
Chief Production Supervisor: Eiichiro Oda
Original creator: Eiichiro Oda

So, Yes, He is directly involved in the making of Strong World and Film Z.
Aug 31, 2015 1:27 AM
Sep 1, 2015 6:43 AM

Jan 2011
i cant wait for trailer i think it take some time
Sep 2, 2015 3:34 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Looking forward to it
Sep 2, 2015 9:07 AM

Aug 2015
Cant wait ^^
Sep 2, 2015 10:18 AM

Jul 2013
So, can we now safely pressume that Oda is heavily involved in every One Piece movie that has "Film" in its title?
Sep 5, 2015 11:52 AM

Dec 2012
how i miss it this moment
Sep 5, 2015 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
Hopefully this won't be a disappointment like Z was
Sep 6, 2015 1:39 PM

Aug 2010
It's been a long time coming, but at least we get another One piece movie!
Nov 7, 2015 10:22 PM

Aug 2011
oh yes! cant wait for new movie. been looking forward to new movie from One Piece. im big fan of Strong World. i wonder if they'll be able to surprass both movie Z and Strong World.
Nov 23, 2015 9:29 AM

Jun 2015
I always love to watch movies because they always have something interesting to see beside the regular story line......Hope they will show something interesting in this too, like characters next level (zoro's new techniques or luffy's next gear hints) or hints on sanji's *only alive* wanted poster's secret......something like that.......
✓µ
Nov 23, 2015 4:11 PM
Sep 2015
Isn't the antagonist going to be Foxy ?
Nov 23, 2015 4:25 PM

Nov 2015
I don't really care who the antagonist is gonna be. As long as they put a Sogeking sing along somewhere in there, this movie should be fantastic.
Nov 23, 2015 4:31 PM

Feb 2013
giathuan2707 said:

No that's the one piece special that will come out in december
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-08/one-piece-anime-gets-december-special-featuring-rematch-with-foxy-pirates/.95160

they said they will announce something after it, so probably more information about the movie
Nov 23, 2015 4:38 PM
Sep 2015
TheNextChamp said:
giathuan2707 said:

No that's the one piece special that will come out in december
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-08/one-piece-anime-gets-december-special-featuring-rematch-with-foxy-pirates/.95160

they said they will announce something after it, so probably more information about the movie

ah okay thanks :p
Nov 24, 2015 2:37 AM
Sep 2014
One Piece movies are always fun, and the two Oda's been heavily involved in have been quite good. Unfortunately, none of it's canon, so it really is a waste in that regard, but it's still fun.

I'm expecting some updates soon. I'd honestly be kinda surprised if a movie announcement is what we see from the end of the Foxy special in December, but who knows. As garbage as Toei is in their TV series, they step up their game massively when it comes to their films, so I'm expecting some good things.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
4 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.