Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
May 25, 2016 8:23 PM

May 2013
NNNNUUUUUUUUUUUU, MY FAVE VAMPIREEEEEEEE-- the only vamp I like LOL

Mika <3 dun die yet; too soon ;A;
Jun 9, 2016 9:25 AM
Mar 2015
PumpkinSmiley said:
SchwingBoner said:

Oh no! I was dreading this! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Seriously, this part~!

When you haven't seen your brother in forever, what's the first thing you do? STAB HIM!
Jun 21, 2016 11:49 AM

Feb 2013
GUREEEEEEEN, NOOOO.
Jun 25, 2016 10:43 PM

Dec 2012
Sayuri so fine.

lol Guren asked Mika to wait 20 seconds before he attacked. Mika is smarter than the Turtle Man from Punch Line.

Oh, no. Guren got stabbed. I'm sure he has plot armor.

Wow. Yuu stabbed Mika.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 6, 2016 10:01 PM

Jun 2015
That was so unexpected !! my two favorites can die, at the same time!! (╥︣﹏᷅╥)
Aug 5, 2016 6:04 PM

Jul 2013
lol one good thing about this show is the war between humans and vampires... but what good is war when they'll only show still-shots of people fighting? This is anime for a reason dammit, animate them!

I don't even care about Mika tbh. I don't know his story and besides he's a vampire now so he's pretty much dead anyway. I don't remember hearing anything about a human who became a vampire who became human again except in that one movie. Daybreakers I think.
Sep 7, 2016 12:38 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
OMG THAT ENDING !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 31, 2016 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
Freaking epic!!!
Dec 29, 2016 5:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The last 20 seconds of this episode was the more great of this anime, wihen both protagonists, Yuu and Mika stare into each other's eyes!!!!
Jan 10, 2017 6:50 PM
Sep 2014
ohhhhh shit. That ending. Finally Yuu and Mika!!!
"Crying doesn't mean you're weak. Enduring doesn't mean you're strong." - Hai to Gensou no Grimgar <3
Apr 10, 2017 10:04 AM

Jun 2013
I don't really understand Mika, how does he expect Yuu to accept him when he's openly fighting for the vampires? Was he planning on straight up lying about it? And why does he refuse the human blood, while having no qualms about killing people? If he's to be a killer anyways, what difference does it make if he's a vampire or not? So far the only answer is that he's arrogant. Hopefully future episodes will give us more to go on. But maybe it's a futile effort to try to decipher a wildcard character in this series.

Despite the vampires being boring as usual (looking at you, Ferid), the episode itself was decent, with plenty of spectacle, which varied in execution from pretty bad to pretty good. The gang even had a nice moment at some point, so that's cool. And the final scene was animated beautifully. Unfortunately, the idea of Guren dying leaves me completely cold.

MistyBlue said:
I'm a horrible person, but I laughed when Yuu stabbed Mika... I was waiting for something like that to happen. Does Yuu just look at his enemies' chest and not at their faces?

His big fluffy hair just happened to obscure his perfect little face

It is kind of ridiculous though
LeeTailorApr 10, 2017 10:14 AM
Nov 21, 2017 9:28 PM

Jan 2013
Lmao, both their faces when they see the other.
I wonder if Guren's actually dead, that stab looked pretty close to his heart.
Aug 8, 2018 5:53 AM

May 2016
what fucking way to reunite with your brother damn it.
Jul 21, 2020 3:05 PM
Jul 2020
YESSS IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED
Jan 16, 2021 11:35 AM

Apr 2020
HOLY SHIZZ
That cliffhanger
Really hope none of them die, and damn Mika is really strong.
Mar 13, 2021 3:55 AM

Jun 2020
Wtf??!!!!!??????? Does Guren die???!! PLS NO??????? Wtf!!!

Damn. Yuu stabbing Mika. That’s a nice reunion eh. Wonder what went through his head as he realised that was Mika, man that’s rough.

Omg pls tell me Guren’s not dead ㅠㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅠ
Omg that preview

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 29, 2021 3:42 AM
Apr 2021
Guren is the best character in the entire anime. In reality, someone like that should be absolutely respected with every fiber of your being. He seems sinister and difficult but actually he cares so much about his friends, and son, Yuu.
Oct 28, 2021 11:37 AM

Jan 2021
So cursed weapons kill vampires and Mika just got stabbed with one. Is it not actually going to kill him because he isn't a full vampire?
May 14, 2022 10:25 AM
Nov 2020
Dude.. the realisation on Yu and Mika's face just says it all.. Damn
Sep 3, 2022 3:24 PM

Mar 2019
I don't want to believe this is how it ends...

Also Gurennnn, noooo. What's going to happen, please don't mess this up.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 28, 2023 9:20 AM

Dec 2022
Why do they want to retreat? What will that solve? Their aim should be to kill the vampires in Shinjuku, especially now that they've got more elite reinforcements. The antagonists having plot armour because the writer doesn't want to kill any of them off (for some reason) is something only the viewer would know, not the characters themselves. They should believe they have a chance of killing them.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 12, 2023 10:35 AM
Feb 2022
I am definitely expecting too much from this boring, run of the mill anime. (Some fucking balls maybe, what the hell, how can you take no risks at all, what is this bullshit?)

Why not create more characters than you absolutely need and show some actual stakes? Example: setting up Guren 2 and having Mika kill him - just to establish that he's ~cool~. Or just having Mika slaughter some humans to up the stakes and make him less boring. Or to actually show what Mika is thinking at all. It's magical, really: the characters keep blathering on and yet I have no idea whether Mika would kill a person, or a vampire, and if he'd do the latter, what the consequences would be.

Hell, at least let one of the core team members get injured! Are they really this badass whilst having zero experience? WHY? This is so fucking boring. I had hoped to get hyped; to get back to the franchise I used to love. Perhaps AoT has spoiled me, but this just ain't it.

Also, hilariously, the battles are just... really awkward. It's so silent! And while that's more realistic than hype AoT music, those songs build up hype like nothing else. Here it's a few clangs, another ten minutes of dialogue, a puff of weed from weed guy and a swish from shuriken lady, and another ten minutes of dialogue. Not hype at all.

Guren takes drugs? A-whaaaat? Crazy. (Crazy that you think I will find that cool, manga author.)

Mika asks whether he should give them some time to chat - after he has waited for a minute and a half straight, watching while Guren committed doping, and not even bothering to do anything about it even as all the panties on the field became wet from pissing themselves like little babies over him taking a pill.

Mika has been pulling his punches. While in a deathtrap. While supposedly trying to kill somebody. Right. I wonder: what would that accomplish - besides not killing one of the main characters of course.
Here's an easy recipe for you! Just let one of them die! Set the scene up so that Guren is fighting that grandpa and let Guren's squad fight Mika without Guren. And then... just kill one of them! Ideally, the lady. We've seen her on screen so there would be a tiny amount of caring for us at least. At least that's something.

Also, the fact that the ENTIRE MILITARY has no better backup than a group of babies that are in the field for the first time?! No words. Make it make sense.
Mika waits ever so kindly for the baby squad to run up to him before he thrusts his sword into Guren.
Of course he does. Why, as a vampire, he couldn't possibly hurry the fuck up, actually properly get a stab through Guren-guts, yank it back out, I dunno, throw him at the wall for maximum damage or something, and then jump away from the screeching baby trying to launch itself at him?! Nooo, Why bother. Better die instead.

3/10 episode - just because it's so pretty.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.